Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-18, 03:39 PM
Varsity

808 is on a distinguished road
D1 Districts University of Toledo

Boys Basketball March 2018

Division I District March 7, 8 & 10

Two(2) Div. I Districts will be played at the University of Toledo

Anthony Wayne, Ashland, Bowling Green, Bowsher, Central Catholic, Clay, Findlay, Fremont Ross,
Lima Senior, Madison Comprehensive, Perrysburg, Rogers, Springfield, St. Francis, St. John’s, Start,
Sylvania Northview, Sylvania Southview, Waite, Whitmer, Woodward (21)

Sectional: Central Catholic
Sectional: Fostoria HS
Sectional: Start HS
Sectional: Genoa HS

Is it a forgone conclusion that it will come down to Sylvania Southview and St. Johns?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-18, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Any given day.

I can think of a match-up or two I'd prefer but that one would be worth the ticket price.
Old 02-08-18, 05:54 PM
Varsity

NWObballfan is on a distinguished road
Barring injury, SJJ wins this district going away.

I think Southview, Northview, SFS and Whitmer are all similarly skilled. Reminds me a lot of 2015 when Southview was ranked number 1 in the state and lost to SJJ by 30.
Old 02-08-18, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWObballfan View Post
Barring injury, SJJ wins this district going away.

I think Southview, Northview, SFS and Whitmer are all similarly skilled. Reminds me a lot of 2015 when Southview was ranked number 1 in the state and lost to SJJ by 30.
That the SJJ squad that lost to Lima Senior in the next round? That was a very competitive final eight. Not sure SJJ could have gotten by that St Eds team either, they lost badly to them in season. After that, maybe anyone's championship. Maybe better hope your memory is bad and these SJJ squads are not so similar. They should get to states with what they have.

Really, injuries would be no excuse. This year's team is having a much easier time with its schedule. SJJ is FAR superior to Southview, they should be able to lose one major or two minors and still win this one out comfortably.
Old 02-09-18, 11:22 AM
Junior Varsity

D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming people realize there will be two D1 district winners coming out of Toledo with the two winners meeting in a regional semifinal game at UT on 3/15.

With SJJ and Southview likely being the top 2 seeds, it'll be interesting how many of the other high seeds will follow Southview and avoid SJJ.
Old 02-09-18, 01:00 PM
All Yappi

Seems like they could have done some of those schools a favor and stuck a sectional in Upper Sandsusky. Central location and highway for Lima, Madison, Ashland and the F's.

There's 8-10 tens up in there no more than 2 degrees of separation from a win or loss against any other team. And several of those have shown the ability to give Southview a game. That's crazy balance.
Old 02-09-18, 03:57 PM
All District

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
I have to think everyone avoids St. Johns and takes their chances with tougher games in the early rounds to try and get out of the opposite district. In that scenario I like St. Francis with Whitmer a close 2nd if they can find some offense.

Southview should get the 2 seed, but I can't see them beating St. Francis or Whitmer twice in a season.......just a feeling.

St. Johns should have cake walk, not facing anyone seeded above 6 or 7.
Old 02-09-18, 05:03 PM
All Yappi

The cakewalk was a pre-Civil War dance originally performed by slaves on plantation grounds.

One of those phrases I think they invented the "I don't think that means what you think" for. Seems odd that it came to mean "easy." Probably should be retired from that meaning.
Old 02-11-18, 02:59 PM
Varsity

https://twitter.com/JordanStrack/sta...74174367444992

Here are the districts. Southview, St. Francis, Start and Whitmer all put themselves opposite St. Johns. Lima Senior first team to place themselves in SJJ district.
Old 02-11-18, 04:15 PM
All Yappi

LS played SJJ reasonably tough based upon score. Did SJJ have a full complement in that game? Ls has an OT win against AW and a 5 pt win against Findaly with one to come. I don't think it's clear how that side of the bracket will play out.

that other bracket could be all kinds of fun.
Old 02-11-18, 04:17 PM
Varsity

808 is on a distinguished road
Brackets

D1 Brackets
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bracket-20180211 (1).pdf (3.3 KB, 110 views)
Old 02-11-18, 04:36 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
LS played SJJ reasonably tough based upon score. Did SJJ have a full complement in that game? Ls has an OT win against AW and a 5 pt win against Findaly with one to come. I don't think it's clear how that side of the bracket will play out.

that other bracket could be all kinds of fun.
SJJ had their full squad down in Lima a couple weeks ago, they've always had trouble down there. Is Colon allowed to play in the tournament this year?
Old 02-11-18, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

Bracket: Click to expand.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket UT1.png
Views:	174
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	2127
Old 02-11-18, 04:58 PM
All Region

Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
SJJ had their full squad down in Lima a couple weeks ago, they've always had trouble down there. Is Colon allowed to play in the tournament this year?
Colon has played all year. Like the thought pattern of Coach Simpson, gonna have to play St. Johns sooner or later, per advancing. Spartans are getting better and healthy at the right time. Hope it translates into a nice run.
Old 02-11-18, 05:40 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan87 View Post
Colon has played all year. Like the thought pattern of Coach Simpson, gonna have to play St. Johns sooner or later, per advancing. Spartans are getting better and healthy at the right time. Hope it translates into a nice run.
IIRC the OHSAA ruling last year was that he could play in the regular season but not the tournament. Has that changed?
Old 02-11-18, 05:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
IIRC the OHSAA ruling last year was that he could play in the regular season but not the tournament. Has that changed?
aren't you a year off? That was last season wasn't it?

Given what's occurred in PR since, OHSAA would look like some kind of dorc to inhibit participation in ANY way.
Old 02-11-18, 05:52 PM
Varsity

Quote:
aren't you a year off? That was last season wasn't it?

Given what's occurred in PR since, OHSAA would look like some kind of dorc to inhibit participation in ANY way.
Wasn't sure if it also impacted his eligibility this season.
Old 02-11-18, 09:26 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
There were two transfers from Puerto Rico. Quinones played the second half of the regular season last year but was not allowed to play in the tournament. He was a senior. Colon had to sit out last season with no restrictions on this season.
Old 02-12-18, 12:41 AM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
No one has mentioned the freshman transfer student Jourdyn Rawlins who was the starting point guard for Lima Senior in their opening overtime win of the season, 64-63 over Anthony Wayne.

The OHSAA declared Rawlins ineligible to participate in any sport and as a result he was forced to sit out the next 19 games before finally ruling him eligible this past Friday night. He played against Fremont Ross on Friday night in the Spartans 70-49 win over The Little Giants. Rawlins is probably the fastest player on the Spartan roster and could make a difference in Lima Senior's final two regular season games and the tournament to follow.

JB
Old 02-12-18, 06:38 AM
Varsity

This SJ team will relish the opportunity to play Lima Senior. Ended this senior class' season their first two years.
Old 02-12-18, 07:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
This SJ team will relish the opportunity to play Lima Senior. Ended this senior class' season their first two years.
Struggled with Elyria and then ran into eventual state champ, last year. Good chance to improve, depending upon final 16 bracketing.
Old 02-12-18, 09:40 AM
Junior Varsity

Tournament brackets for all teams in the Northwest District in all four divisions can be found on Davey1.com. PDF files are also available for downloading. Team records will be updated prior to the start of the tournament and the brackets will be updated throughout the tournament.
Old 03-02-18, 10:10 PM
Varsity

SJJ vs Central
Lima Senior vs. Anthony Wayne

Northview vs. Southview
SFS vs. Whitmer

I expect SJJ and Southview to win easily. Lima had a lot of trouble against Springfield so AW should give them all they can handle. SFS vs. Whitmer is a toss-up. Should be a fun couple nights at UT.
Old 03-03-18, 03:35 PM
All Region

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Seems like they could have done some of those schools a favor and stuck a sectional in Upper Sandsusky. Central location and highway for Lima, Madison, Ashland and the F's.
Upper Sandusky is ill-equipped to handle any kind of sectional tourney. The first time I was there I thought I had walked into a Jr. High gymnasium. Not nearly enough seating.
Old 03-03-18, 03:47 PM
All Ohio

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesman View Post
Upper Sandusky is ill-equipped to handle any kind of sectional tourney. The first time I was there I thought I had walked into a Jr. High gymnasium. Not nearly enough seating.

There was hardly anyone at Genoa last night for those games. I will say Bowsher should be embarrassed and reprimanded for their behavior last night. In a tight game with Central they committed 7 fouls and 2 technicals in the first 3 minutes of the fourth essentially ending their season.

With the way Central was in foul trouble I thought Bowsher would for sure take the game, but they came so unglued it was over right then and there
Old 03-04-18, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

With the separation of the conferences, I wonder if the TCL is really getting the in-season competition, particularly the physical aspect to learn to keep their composure? Sometimes you have to go into a competition with a "life ain't fair" attitude and just be surprised if you come out thinking it was.
Old 03-04-18, 01:16 PM
Varsity

Quote:
With the separation of the conferences, I wonder if the TCL is really getting the in-season competition, particularly the physical aspect to learn to keep their composure? Sometimes you have to go into a competition with a "life ain't fair" attitude and just be surprised if you come out thinking it was.
TCL didn't win a single tournament game this year. Rogers should be really good next year though.
Old 03-04-18, 02:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
TCL didn't win a single tournament game this year. Rogers should be really good next year though.
Post wasn't really concerning wins or loses, rather smurf's observation that Bowsher didn't handle the mental pressure.
Old 03-04-18, 07:36 PM
All Ohio

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Well wasn’t there an issue with a parent storming on the court after a hard foul earlier this season? I’d agree though, playing these TRAC schools demands a level of discipline and maturity that isn’t seen in the CL

Was a shame, you don’t wanna see that whole “hood” stereotype but when this happens in a playoff game you see why the TRAC and NLL have isolated themselves from the city
Old 03-04-18, 08:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
Well wasn’t there an issue with a parent storming on the court after a hard foul earlier this season? I’d agree though, playing these TRAC schools demands a level of discipline and maturity that isn’t seen in the CL

Was a shame, you don’t wanna see that whole “hood” stereotype but when this happens in a playoff game you see why the TRAC and NLL have isolated themselves from the city
Best I can interpret from your post is that you feel you were challenged in some manner? I've no idea what rant you're on about "hood," someone not wanting to "see" blah, blah, blah.