Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-02-18, 12:52 PM
All Ohio

crudog is on a distinguished road
Cancelled Seasons

The Jackson-Milton athletic site announces they have cancelled the girls JV season for the balance of the year “due to mounting injuries and a few other reasons.” Their varsity team is currently 15-0 and ranked 3rd in the DIV AP poll. I find it odd that a successful program is canceling their JV’s season.

It is now rather common for schools to cancel or not even field a freshman team, as those girls are easily assigned to varsity or JV.

Is anyone aware of any other schools that have cancelled their girls JV or varsity seasons this year?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-18, 01:43 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Watched a game the other night with a DII team that had 6 players on JV, two of which dressed varsity (did not get into varsity game though).

I was surprised around 10 years ago when they stopped fielding a freshmen team. Now I'm concerned that fielding a JV team is in jeopardy.
Old 02-02-18, 08:28 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crudog View Post
The Jackson-Milton athletic site announces they have cancelled the girls JV season for the balance of the year “due to mounting injuries and a few other reasons.” Their varsity team is currently 15-0 and ranked 3rd in the DIV AP poll. I find it odd that a successful program is canceling their JV’s season.

It is now rather common for schools to cancel or not even field a freshman team, as those girls are easily assigned to varsity or JV.

Is anyone aware of any other schools that have cancelled their girls JV or varsity seasons this year?
Only 3 schools in Stark County, which has a decent number of DI schools, fielded girls freshman teams this year. Off the top of my head, I know of at least 5 schools in Stark County that did not field JV teams this year.
Old 02-16-18, 12:21 AM
Freshman

ksugrad is on a distinguished road
Lowellville cancelled JV games, also Lordstown, due to injuries and numbers. Overall girls basketball numbers are declining.