Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-21-17, 04:26 PM
All Region

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
Alot of Minerva fans and the student body have had this one circled on the calendar since the end of football season after that clown stunt of 30 or so Carrollton folks standing by the Minerva lockeroom and chanting "0-30" as our boys walked off the field before finally being removed by Minerva school administrators and police. The kids on the basketball team made a vow that night to exact a bit of karma on December 22nd and with whbc in the house to broadcast, should be a very enjoyable evening. Hope all the folks that justified that crap behavior by claiming all is fair in "rivalry" games don't all of a sudden step back up onto their soap boxes. Hope we press from tip to the last whistle.
Old 12-21-17, 08:50 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
Alot of Minerva fans and the student body have had this one circled on the calendar since the end of football season after that clown stunt of 30 or so Carrollton folks standing by the Minerva lockeroom and chanting "0-30" as our boys walked off the field before finally being removed by Minerva school administrators and police. The kids on the basketball team made a vow that night to exact a bit of karma on December 22nd and with whbc in the house to broadcast, should be a very enjoyable evening. Hope all the folks that justified that crap behavior by claiming all is fair in "rivalry" games don't all of a sudden step back up onto their soap boxes. Hope we press from tip to the last whistle.
What time does the games start with Carrollton and Malvern. Hope the Lions pull 2 big wins! Go Lions!!
Old 12-21-17, 10:22 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
If you're talking about me, I never said it was justified, I actually said it shouldn't have happened.
There's a good chance of Minerva winning, and possibly by a large margin, so yea, the basketball team may have to pay the price for something they didn't do. That's how rivalries work. Just don't be "holier than thou" and act like what happened in the fall is the first time anything like that has ever happened when it comes to Minerva vs Carrollton. There have been plenty of "jerk" moments by both schools in the long history between these two.....the world can be a cruel place sometimes. Just hoping for a clean, hard played game. Whatever the score is,it is......no rule saying you can't press all night, who knows, it may be to our advantage if you do.

Good health to both teams!
Old 12-22-17, 09:05 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Good luck to the Leopards tonight against Alliance. I think we'll find out who is the front-runner in the NBC tonight. Alliance seems like a Jekyll and Hyde team this year. Leopards can score points, believe they are averaging around 70 offensively. Salem/WB matchup should be a good one. Marlington should take care of CS at home. No offense to Warriors fans, but after two blowout losses to Louisville and the Dukes, not sure the result will be much different against a fiesty Minerva team.
Old 12-22-17, 12:10 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
If you're talking about me, I never said it was justified, I actually said it shouldn't have happened.
There's a good chance of Minerva winning, and possibly by a large margin, so yea, the basketball team may have to pay the price for something they didn't do. That's how rivalries work. Just don't be "holier than thou" and act like what happened in the fall is the first time anything like that has ever happened when it comes to Minerva vs Carrollton. There have been plenty of "jerk" moments by both schools in the long history between these two.....the world can be a cruel place sometimes. Just hoping for a clean, hard played game. Whatever the score is,it is......no rule saying you can't press all night, who knows, it may be to our advantage if you do.

Good health to both teams!

Holier than thou? You must have me confused with someone else. Look Dig, out of all the posts you have made on various threads, you can count on one hand the number of times I have disagreed with you. But this is just one of those moments that we will just have to agree to disagree.

No disrespect intended but I've never been that guy who finds a way to justify things. When something is wrong, why the heck can't it be called for what it is without the caveat of "yeah, it was wrong but....... I've never parented, worked, or coached under that philosophy. Spare me the the talk of what rivalries are and how cruel the world is. After 18 years of being a combat infantryman in the Army with 4 combat deployments under my belt, I'm more acutely aware than most about the ills this world has to offer. One of my biggest pet peeves in this world is when a new administration takes over at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and when something goes wrong or doesn't work out the quickest and easiest path to go is "well the guys before me did the same thing." I guess if you are working under that premise than heck, nobody is ever held accountable.

I love the Carrollton rivalry. So much so that I've said to you and others that if we were to change conferences that this game and rivalry with its history has to be a constant. Look, leading up to the game talk all the smack you want, during the game be a moron with a loud speaker and call out players by name and number on the field during play(if that's your thing) like the clown on Carrolltons side this year, even go on your computer with your social media muscles and talk all the junk your heart desires. But to have oh 30 to 35 people congregate near the other teams lockeroom entrance some 20 minutes after the game was over to chant "0-30" as the kids walk off the field crying their eyes out, some of those boys with the realization that they NEVER won a high school football game, in my mind that crosses a line and is beyond wrong. Why can't winning be enough? Why feel the need to shame and humiliate someone? Then again, if what you are saying and doing requires school administrators and local law enforcement to intervene, I would hope to anyone that that would serve as a pretty darn good indicator that what you are doing might be a little inappropriate. Lose with class and more importantly show some dang class when you win. One dope even tried to apply the "Well, it's just like with Ohio State vs Michigan, anything goes in that rivalry." This isn't the NFL or zillion dollars a year college programs, it's high school athletics. At this level, more so than any other, the sportsmanship you play with, and the integrity you show after the final horn blows, should count for something. I would argue at this level it should be more important than the win. I don't know though dig, I'm old school and I realize old school means the majority of the time you will be in the minority. Good luck to both teams tonight and I hope everyone plays and travels safe as well. Merry Christmas Dig.

Last edited by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE; 12-22-17 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-22-17, 12:36 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion 86 View Post
What time does the games start with Carrollton and Malvern. Hope the Lions pull 2 big wins! Go Lions!!
JV tips it off at 6 tonight and varsity is around 7:30ish. Tomorrow everything is moved up an hour.
Old 12-22-17, 12:53 PM
All American

King, we agree on most things. I'm also old school and have many memories of playing Minerva...some good,some bad. But when its all over, you're right, respect should always be shown....from both sides. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to the ones who don't believe in Christmas (I'm trying to work on being less old school).

PS Thank you for your service!
Old 12-22-17, 12:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
King, we agree on most things. I'm also old school and have many memories of playing Minerva...some good,some bad. But when its all over, you're right, respect should always be shown....from both sides. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to the ones who don't believe in Christmas (I'm trying to work on being less old school).

PS Thank you for your service!
You and me both buddy
Old 12-22-17, 08:54 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Marlington 69
Canton South 49

Brady w 20 pts 14 reb

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-17, 03:49 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Varsity: Alliance 63, Louisville 59
JV: Louisville 68, Alliance 48

Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Boys Basketball Video Highlights and Recap
Old 12-23-17, 07:40 PM
All District

Marlington 72

St. Thomas 62

Himmelheber w 25 led Dukes

Old 12-23-17, 08:47 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Minerva v. Malvern is a great local rival and tonight’s basketball game proves it. We need to play in football too.
Old 12-23-17, 11:33 PM
Varsity

Ktown24Panther is on a distinguished road
Malvern Game

Final score tonight for Malvern / Minerva ?
Old 12-23-17, 11:56 PM
Varsity

King and Dig - Agree about the rivalry , sometimes things are said that should not have been. If a chant of 0-30 gives the basketball team some extra motivation so be it. This is not the 1st time or will it be the last time that a chant we don't like is used in this rivalry.
Old 12-24-17, 11:10 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Varsity: Alliance 63, Louisville 59
JV: Louisville 68, Alliance 48

Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Boys Basketball Video Highlights and Recap
Those two technicals coach received ended up biting him in the arse. New AD, now he is back to his old ways. Need to keep your mouth shut and quit whining.
Old 12-24-17, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown24Panther View Post
Final score tonight for Malvern / Minerva ?
Malvern won 58-56. You can always check the thread for scores, typically have one for every game night, and the score is there.
Old 12-24-17, 03:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Malvern won 58-56. You can always check the thread for scores, typically have one for every game night, and the score is there.
Not to be a dick, but Ktown asked about the score about an hour before it was posted on the score thread. I went to bed at midnight wondering myself who had won that game.
Old 12-24-17, 05:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not to be a dick, but Ktown asked about the score about an hour before it was posted on the score thread. I went to bed at midnight wondering myself who had won that game.
I was letting the poster know about the final scores threads as an option to check for final scores! No jerk intention on my response!
Old 12-24-17, 06:21 PM
All American

Quote:
I was letting the poster know about the final scores threads as an option to check for final scores! No jerk intention on my response!
Cool!

Merry Christmas to Louisville
Old 12-24-17, 06:58 PM
All Ohio

Merry Christmas to you too Dig!
Old 12-24-17, 10:03 PM
Varsity

Scores

Thanks Coach
Old 12-29-17, 12:11 AM
All World

12/27
Varsity: Louisville 44, North Canton Hoover 39
JV: Louisville 54, North Canton Hoover 52

Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Boys Basketball Video Highlights and Recap
Old 12-29-17, 08:00 PM
All District

Marlington 64

Alliance 54

Brady 27 pts 16 reb for marlington

Huberty 22 pts for marlington

Old 12-30-17, 12:13 AM
All World

Varsity: Louisville 72, Salem 58
JV: Louisville 53, Salem 41

Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Boys Basketball Video Highlights & Recap

Updated NBC Boys Basketball Standings

If you can't find a score feel free to check my daily NBC Scoreboard posts. I can't promise they will be updated every night as my life has become about 100x more hectic than when I started this series of posts, but when I do update them its ultra quick. Of course it'll be water under the bridge come next Fall.
Old 12-30-17, 01:13 AM
All Region

Minerva beats South 58-46. Minerva senior Brock Croston has a game high 23.
Old 12-30-17, 04:51 PM
All Ohio

Interesting start in the NBC. Minerva and Marlington undefeated in league play, both beat Aliiance by double digits. My Leps play both teams back to back so looking forward to see where our team will stand thereafter. West Branch is an interesting team. 1-3 in the league play however were competitive in each of those losses. They can score and have proved that in OCC games. So far Salem has been handled by Alliance and Louisville, so not sure how much of a threat they will be. 2nd half of the season is where you want to be playing your best basketball so if they can beat Minerva on the road could help get them back into league contention. Based on matchups and outcomes the Dukes appear to be the team to beat in the NBC at this point. Minerva's close game with Carrollton is suspect, however blowing out Alliance by 21 is a capable eye opener. Interesting games in the next two weeks. So far there seems to be parity in the league which is good for a change.
Old 12-30-17, 04:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Varsity: Louisville 72, Salem 58
JV: Louisville 53, Salem 41

Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Boys Basketball Video Highlights & Recap

Updated NBC Boys Basketball Standings

If you can't find a score feel free to check my daily NBC Scoreboard posts. I can't promise they will be updated every night as my life has become about 100x more hectic than when I started this series of posts, but when I do update them its ultra quick. Of course it'll be water under the bridge come next Fall.

No apologies needed from you fella! You do an OUTSTANDING job as always! I refrain from posting our scores because I know you will eventually post them.

Last edited by COACH_XYZ&12345; 12-30-17 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-30-17, 10:12 PM
All Region

Minerva beats Tusky Valley 83-39 behind Connor Wright's 26 and Brock Crostons 16.
Old 12-30-17, 10:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Interesting start in the NBC. Minerva and Marlington undefeated in league play, both beat Aliiance by double digits. My Leps play both teams back to back so looking forward to see where our team will stand thereafter. West Branch is an interesting team. 1-3 in the league play however were competitive in each of those losses. They can score and have proved that in OCC games. So far Salem has been handled by Alliance and Louisville, so not sure how much of a threat they will be. 2nd half of the season is where you want to be playing your best basketball so if they can beat Minerva on the road could help get them back into league contention. Based on matchups and outcomes the Dukes appear to be the team to beat in the NBC at this point. Minerva's close game with Carrollton is suspect, however blowing out Alliance by 21 is a capable eye opener. Interesting games in the next two weeks. So far there seems to be parity in the league which is good for a change.

I hear ya Coach and I agree with you. I'm not sure where we stand either in comparison to Marlington, Louisville or even Salem. I think we beat a very good team in Branch and did that with Wright in foul trouble most of the game. The Alliance win was big just because they are Alliance but Sampson didn't start for them and he was in foul trouble when he did get in. I'm not to worried about the Carrollton score though. That's our rival, it doesn't matter if it's chess, it is gonna be one of those gymnasium packed out, bare knuckle kind of battles. This year even more so because of a football incident that carried over into basketball. The South score was a little closer than the final showed, it was a see saw type game with 3 minutes to go when we went on a little run to get some seperation. So far the biggest gauge that lets me know the type of team that we might have is our loss to Steubenville. They had alot of length and athleticism and were very deep and we were within 2 with four minutes to go. Then again the skeptics say that we didn't see the best of Steubenville because their basketball got a late start to the season because of the post season football run. I don't think we have played teams with the offenses that Louisville and Marlington have but then again I don't think those two teams have played against any teams that play defense the way Shawn Green has this Lions crew playing D. Long story short, we are going to get a better feel for where we stand in these next few weeks. A very famous person once said you are what your record says you are and right now our record says we are 4-0 in conference play and for the moment that has us in first place and in the hunt. Compared to where we were just a few years ago, I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Happy New Year to you my friend.
Old 12-31-17, 02:23 PM
All Ohio

Happy New Year to you too King!