Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Old 03-13-18, 07:48 AM
All World
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
There was an NCAA rule passed recently but I don't remember the specifics. Something like schools can't hire coaches and/or parents of recruits for a 2 year period, I think? Then that would prevent Memphis from being a landing point if they hire Penny. Maybe someone else can clarify.
How did Mizzou get around hiring Michael Porter's dad? That rule only for head coaches
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-18, 08:15 AM
All World
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
How did Mizzou get around hiring Michael Porter's dad? That rule only for head coaches
Ah, just football not basketball. And it's for non-field coaching positions. My bad

In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches. An individual who meets this definition retains such status during the enrollment of the prospective student-athlete at the institution.
Old 03-16-18, 08:04 AM
All Yappi
Spille is on a distinguished road
That Buffalo team looked really good. Cats have their hands full with their lightning quick guards, and the overall energy they play with as a team, but these Cats will defend significantly better than the Cats of Arizona.

I'll admit, I did pick Davidson to beat UK. I hope I was wrong about the potential of this team. Would love to see them make a run at another Final 4 and beyond.