Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-10-18, 02:31 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
FINAL: Princeton 53, Lakota East 51

Heckuva win with Bazely and Pierce suspended through the next game vs. Oak Hills-Wayne winner!
Old 03-10-18, 02:32 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Great game. Now come on Oak Hills
Old 03-10-18, 02:53 PM
Freshman

Indian77 is on a distinguished road
Canít believe they called that foul at that time. From where I was sitting there was very little contact on that play. It was a great game. Think it should have been played out in overtime. Feel bad for the East boys.
Old 03-10-18, 02:57 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Tough way for that game to end. Let the players decide. Anyone have a great look? From my vantage point it wasn't the call to make.
Old 03-10-18, 03:14 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian77 View Post
Canít believe they called that foul at that time. From where I was sitting there was very little contact on that play. It was a great game. Think it should have been played out in overtime. Feel bad for the East boys.
East was up 4 with the ball with 1:18 left, they have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 03-10-18, 04:11 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
East was up 4 with the ball with 1:18 left, they have no one to blame but themselves.
I have no dog in the fight I was just there to watch a good game. In a game that has as much importance as this game in my opinion you donít make that call at that point in the game.
Old 03-10-18, 04:24 PM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
a foul is a foul it dont matter how many mins or seconds is left on the clock.
Old 03-10-18, 04:41 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
a foul is a foul it dont matter how many mins or seconds is left on the clock.
Yes and no, because every ref does not call every foul the same. Now if it's been established throughout the game how the refs are calling things, and the late foul or no foul call goes against how the game has been called to that point, then I wouldn't fault anyone with taking issue with it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-18, 04:50 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Yes and no, because every ref does not call every foul the same. Now if it's been established throughout the game how the refs are calling things, and the late foul or no foul call goes against how the game has been called to that point, then I wouldn't fault anyone with taking issue with it.

I think they let a lot more contact happen in the game. The play is all over Twitter look it up and get your opinion from it. From where I was sitting and from the angle of the video there looked to be very little contact. Looked to me like he fell back when he was shooting. Like I said I have no dog in the fight. With a game that was played as well as that game you hate to see it end off of a call like. Especially when there is so much on the line. Not taking anything away from Princeton at all. They played a great game and Hunter showed up the second half and put on a good show. I hope they are able to pull out the next game. I would love to see there two players that got suspended play again. I would hate for there season to end with them sitting on the sidelines.
Old 03-10-18, 06:03 PM
Junior Varsity

bballlife89 is on a distinguished road
East got a last second call at the end of the half... what's the difference? There was 0 contact on that foul and led to 2 free points for east, the foul at the end of the game was a clear shooting foul and Hunter was on fire, so there is nothing to complain about
Old 03-10-18, 06:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballlife89 View Post
East got a last second call at the end of the half... what's the difference? There was 0 contact on that foul and led to 2 free points for east, the foul at the end of the game was a clear shooting foul and Hunter was on fire, so there is nothing to complain about
What does a player being on fire have anything to do with a ref's call?

Old 03-10-18, 06:25 PM
Junior Varsity

If he didn't get fouled he probably would have made it. From my seats it looked like a foul, much more than the end of the 1st half foul for east
Old 03-10-18, 07:19 PM
All World

Don't think anyone would want to be on the losing end of that call. End of game situations are tough for officials, just like the players sometimes they react.
Old 03-10-18, 07:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Princeton was on the losing end of a foul call in 09 for state. Definitely a bad feeling. But my opinion is the call was correct
Old 03-10-18, 09:09 PM
All World

Oak Hills loses by 14, but could have very well lost by many many more. Kudos to them for even being remotely in the game in the 4th. They actually got it down to 9 late in the game.

Their completely atrocious 1st half shooting pretty much sealed the game. I believe they were down by 19 at halftime, but honestly they could have been down by 40 with how bad their shooting was. If it wasn't for some late half baskets with under 2 minutes they would have ended the half shooting less than 15% from the field. It was so bad, they were missing the rim completely on open layups. Wayne shot incredibly from 3 to add insult to injury in that first half.

In the 2nd half the game stayed around a 20pt lead for Wayne. It wasn't until the final 3 minutes of the game that Oak Hills made a push, but like I said, that first half deficit was something they were never really going to come back from.

Old 03-10-18, 10:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Oak Hills loses by 14, but could have very well lost by many many more. Kudos to them for even being remotely in the game in the 4th. They actually got it down to 9 late in the game.

Their completely atrocious 1st half shooting pretty much sealed the game. I believe they were down by 19 at halftime, but honestly they could have been down by 40 with how bad their shooting was. If it wasn't for some late half baskets with under 2 minutes they would have ended the half shooting less than 15% from the field. It was so bad, they were missing the rim completely on open layups. Wayne shot incredibly from 3 to add insult to injury in that first half.

In the 2nd half the game stayed around a 20pt lead for Wayne. It wasn't until the final 3 minutes of the game that Oak Hills made a push, but like I said, that first half deficit was something they were never really going to come back from.

You are correct Philly--OH after going 1 for 10 in the 1st quarter were 19 for 36 the remainder of the game--53%--but against Wayne one bad quarter is a killer. The final 3 quarters were played dead even, but the 16-2 deficit was too big of a mountain for OH to climb. Diefel had 21 points in his final game and showed the hustle and leadership that put him on the 2nd Team All Southwest District Team--returning Juniors Berkemeier with 11, Moeller with 10, and Hayes 4 combined for 25 points. 2nd place in the GMC and District Runner-up was a heckuva year for this 18-7 team.

Wayne is good and Princeton missing Bazely and Pierce will have a very tough assignment to keep GMC hopes alive in 2018!!
Old 03-10-18, 10:22 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
East-Princeton

Last-second free throws end East's season at district

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...wXQlEQ2gZ6dyI/
Old 03-10-18, 11:27 PM
All Ohio

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
Oak Hills showed a lot of heart and effort tonight. They could have easily quit but no, they got it within 9. Great season for the Highlanders
Old 03-12-18, 11:09 AM
All Region

basketballjim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
You are correct Philly--OH after going 1 for 10 in the 1st quarter were 19 for 36 the remainder of the game--53%--but against Wayne one bad quarter is a killer. The final 3 quarters were played dead even, but the 16-2 deficit was too big of a mountain for OH to climb. Diefel had 21 points in his final game and showed the hustle and leadership that put him on the 2nd Team All Southwest District Team--returning Juniors Berkemeier with 11, Moeller with 10, and Hayes 4 combined for 25 points. 2nd place in the GMC and District Runner-up was a heckuva year for this 18-7 team.

Wayne is good and Princeton missing Bazely and Pierce will have a very tough assignment to keep GMC hopes alive in 2018!!
Comet- Wayne kicked the crap out of Oak Hills. Were you there? WAYNE came out and put the hammer down immediately and cruised throughout. 30-11 at the half. Wayne stepped on the gas whenever necessary in the second half. It was never a game throughout as Wayne completely overmatched Oak Hills. Oak Hills had no game plan and seemed content to fire poor shot after poor shot.
Old 03-12-18, 11:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballjim View Post
Comet- Wayne kicked the crap out of Oak Hills. Were you there? WAYNE came out and put the hammer down immediately and cruised throughout. 30-11 at the half. Wayne stepped on the gas whenever necessary in the second half. It was never a game throughout as Wayne completely overmatched Oak Hills. Oak Hills had no game plan and seemed content to fire poor shot after poor shot.
You're an asshat

Old 03-12-18, 01:20 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No game plan. You are a joke. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 03-12-18, 03:53 PM
All Region

Oak Hills clearly threw in the towel before the game even started. The Oak Hills coaching staff seemed content with making it to Dayton. They had no substance to their game. The offense was all perimeter. Wayne presses and gambles constantly. Oak Hills seemed unprepared to handle the pressure and certainly appeared to be beaten before the tip off. Wayne coaches had their players confident and ready to win.

Princeton appears to be our one and only opportunity for a state championship as predicted.
Old 03-12-18, 10:18 PM
All World

Quote:
Oak Hills clearly threw in the towel before the game even started. The Oak Hills coaching staff seemed content with making it to Dayton. They had no substance to their game. The offense was all perimeter. Wayne presses and gambles constantly. Oak Hills seemed unprepared to handle the pressure and certainly appeared to be beaten before the tip off. Wayne coaches had their players confident and ready to win.

Princeton appears to be OUR one and only opportunity for a state championship as predicted.
I'd love it if you didn't associate yourself with the GMC family. Just my opinion though.

Old 03-12-18, 11:12 PM
All Ohio

CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hunter was the most deserving POY

Preps Hoops is Albertson who doesn't really follow the GMC or GCL
I have no affiliation with Prep Hoops Ohio. Worked with them briefly a few years ago but now only operate through my own site, Triple Double Prospects.

Also, I would say that I definitely do follow the GMC and GCL. Didnít hit as many games this year, in these or any other conferences, due to work, but I think Iíve got a pretty good pulse on who the best players are in these conferences.

I had DB as player of the year in the city in D1 (so i obviously would have him as GMC POY). Think he does the most to impact a game. Just like Gary Clark of UC winning conference POY without leading league (or even his team) in scoring. Just my opinion.
Old 03-13-18, 07:15 AM
All World

Thank you jimmer for validating my "huge stance" prediction that you would criticize OH after the Wayne game. Your insight on the preparation was visionary.
Has Middletown hit their stride yet?
Since Cory just responded can you get to your promised list.....
Old 03-14-18, 01:52 PM
All Region

Oakie coaches feeling the heat. Trolls!

Personally, I thought Hunter and DB deserved CO-Players of the Year
Old 03-14-18, 02:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
I have no affiliation with Prep Hoops Ohio. Worked with them briefly a few years ago but now only operate through my own site, Triple Double Prospects.

Also, I would say that I definitely do follow the GMC and GCL. Didnít hit as many games this year, in these or any other conferences, due to work, but I think Iíve got a pretty good pulse on who the best players are in these conferences.

I had DB as player of the year in the city in D1 (so i obviously would have him as GMC POY). Think he does the most to impact a game. Just like Gary Clark of UC winning conference POY without leading league (or even his team) in scoring. Just my opinion.

Apologies CA. I think you do a wonderful job with your coverage and tweets. I agree. I do think you bring a higher level of coverage to H.S sports, but there is no way you can expect to have a handle on most of the schools in the GCL and GMC when you cover Walnut Hills and Winton Woods and the CMAC.

I agree with the scoring analysis and comparison. G Clark was #1 in rebounding, #7 in FG %, #16 in scoring, #13 in FT %, #7 in steals, #6 in blocked shots. I'd say he is a well rounded player. DB is similar player in being well rounded, but better handling the ball and more perimeter based.
Old 03-15-18, 11:43 AM
All World

2017-18 GMC All-Conference Awards and Teams

Athlete of the Year Darius Bazley Princeton
Co-Coach of the Year Mike Price Oak Hills
Co-Coach of the Year Steve Wright Princeton
Defensive of the Year Tanner Knue Mason

First Team
NAME SCHOOL GRADE

Darius Bazley Princeton Senior
Jarrett Cox Lakota East Senior