Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-26-18, 01:18 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Not being a fan of Carl, this was the most boring episode of the entire series. Couldn't wait until it was over. Wish they would have just taken a bunch of extra scenes and put it on their website for his fans and return us to a normal episode that would have been far more interesting.
Old 02-26-18, 05:55 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I flipped over to an NBA game about 20 minutes in. And I don't watch NBA.

This show and the story they built is like pizza in that it is tough to screw up but here we are with what used to be the best pie in town turning into a vegetarian model.

Right before I flipped is all I could think about was that at seasons end they will be in the same damn spot and Carl is dead.

Things no longer make sense.
Where are the junkyarders?
How about the feminist group?
Rick had Negan dead to rites and somehow F'd it all up.
How did Negan's group escape AND turn tables so quick?
So all of those flash forwards were in Carl's mind?
Who put the kid down? Rick? Darryl? Enid? Michonne?
Too bad. Was a great show. I hope Sportsgenius comes to it's defense.
Old 02-26-18, 07:36 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I flipped over to an NBA game about 20 minutes in. And I don't watch NBA.

This show and the story they built is like pizza in that it is tough to screw up but here we are with what used to be the best pie in town turning into a vegetarian model.

Right before I flipped is all I could think about was that at seasons end they will be in the same damn spot and Carl is dead.

Things no longer make sense.
Where are the junkyarders?
How about the feminist group?
Rick had Negan dead to rites and somehow F'd it all up.
How did Negan's group escape AND turn tables so quick?
So all of those flash forwards were in Carl's mind?
Who put the kid down? Rick? Darryl? Enid? Michonne?
Too bad. Was a great show. I hope Sportsgenius comes to it's defense.
If you had kept watching, you would have got your answers. I agree though Carl's death was a bit anti climatic.
Old 02-26-18, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Why would Carl's vision of a better world have his dad old and crippled?

It was Carl's dying wish for Rick to make peace in the world, not long after he tried to kill Negan and his saviors. Pisses me off they are going to spare Negan's life.
Old 02-26-18, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Damn, don't you people allow yourself to enjoy anything?
Old 02-26-18, 01:47 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
OK, I did enjoy the episode but, I do bemoan the momentary absence of tactical knowledge that conveniently happens from time to time. Its funny though talking about Carl's excruciatingly slow exit, I was thinking "so die already!" the whole time but did not say it out loud until my much more sensitive and empathetic wife finally blurted it out. I had a mouthful of ice cream when she said that and I almost lost it.
Old 02-26-18, 02:24 PM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
3 years ago I would've rejoiced for days upon days at the news of Carl's impending death, given that his character was beyond annoying. But the show has lost so much of it's "luster" that I barely even smiled last night when he finally bit the dust. And I know it's just a show on TV, but how come it took him like 3 days to finally day and some seem to die/change in mere hours? Regardless, good riddance Carl!
Old 02-26-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
The one thing that I used to like about The Walking Dead was that it was realistic given the non-realistic aspect of a zombie invasion.

About 3 seasons ago things started to change and last nights episode was difficult to make it through.

Carl, come on... does anyone really care that much for that kid. A whole episode of his dialogue and impending doom.... yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn.....

How did Henry sneak up on dude and kill him without anybody seeing him when they were looking in that direction.... come on, stupid.... how did Henry even get there, what is about 10 or something and if he followed nobody knew it.....

Lets get the original writers back.....
Old 02-26-18, 06:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
I know it's just a show on TV, but how come it took him like 3 days to finally day and some seem to die/change in mere hours?
Easy, it was merely a flesh wound. (I meant that but references to Holy Grail are always fun).
Old 02-27-18, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I was caught three times yelling "watch your back!" at the screen. This far into the crisis and the people who have survived this long still don't understand that basic tactical reality?

You have five or six guys in a theater and you are suddenly under attack? Have at least two of the guys looking to your rear. It is that simple.
It does beg the question I've been asking since the Saviors and Negan were introduced: How did this clown show come to dominate the region? Sure they're nasty but they seem utterly hapless.
Old 02-27-18, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Why would Carl's vision of a better world have his dad old and crippled?

It was Carl's dying wish for Rick to make peace in the world, not long after he tried to kill Negan and his saviors. Pisses me off they are going to spare Negan's life.
I saw the flash forward segments differently Spille. At first I was annoyed that they were overusing this gimmick again. Why let us know who survives and who doesn't? But then when they showed Negan at the end I figured these wern't flash forwards revealing what happens but rather they were the delusions of a dying Carl whose desire for "peace" was overly idealistic given the world they lived in.

At least, I hope that's what it meant because if they were "accurate" flash forwards this show has really gone to trash.
Old 02-27-18, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think the best comparison of our reaction to the show is a sports one, specifically football. I am a Buffalo Bills & Cincinnati Bengal's fan. I also know plenty of Cleveland Browns fans. The common denominator is that in spite of their woeful performance on the field we root for them because we were hooked during better times. Our one enjoyment of being fans of these teams now lies in our criticizing them.

At least for me that's how I view the Walking Dead!
Old 02-27-18, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

Overall I thought the episode was okay and I liked the hook at the end with the flash forward showing a smiling Negan working in the garden. I don't for a minute believe this is the real future so I'll give the writers credit for throwing in a neat little switch up.

As for the rest of the show:

* As PM noted the tactics of the Saviors is dumb and indicates that these fools never would have come to dominate anything or anyone.

* It was nice seeing a vengeful Morgan but again the writers go to extremes. First they have him avoid killing no matter the provocation now he kills everyone. A little moderation is good in drinking and writing fictional TV characters.

* Is Carl dead yet? For crying out loud they sure milked that one didn't they! He took the whole episode to die. I suspect the tone deaf writers don't understand that he's not exactly a favorite character on the show.

* I don't buy that Carol is now a super Ninja with Rambo like skills. Sure I can buy that she could become ruthless and murderous but she demonstrates physical & combat skills that are simply unbelievable for a middle aged women. Go ahead call me a misogynist but do you know of anyone like Carol who seems to have the ability to wipe out a Seal Team?

* I miss the Tiger!
Old 02-27-18, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I think the best comparison of our reaction to the show is a sports one, specifically football. I am a Buffalo Bills & Cincinnati Bengal's fan. I also know plenty of Cleveland Browns fans. The common denominator is that in spite of their woeful performance on the field we root for them because we were hooked during better times. Our one enjoyment of being fans of these teams now lies in our criticizing them.

At least for me that's how I view the Walking Dead!
Man. I'm sorry.
Old 02-27-18, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Man. I'm sorry.
Why else would anyone root for the Cleveland Browns or Buffalo Bills or any number of sports franchises whose cumulative lack of success is seriously lacking? Again I think there's two general reasons:

* It's fun to criticize. If it wasn't we wouldn't all do it so much in almost EVERY aspect of our lives.

* There is always the hope, deeply hidden, that next year will be different and our team will experience a glorious renewal that will make our long term suffering worth it! The same can be said of the WD. My guess is a lot of us hope that when a new season starts up they will get it right and give us something like they did back in the first couple of seasons.
Old 02-27-18, 10:05 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I saw the flash forward segments differently Spille. At first I was annoyed that they were overusing this gimmick again. Why let us know who survives and who doesn't? But then when they showed Negan at the end I figured these wern't flash forwards revealing what happens but rather they were the delusions of a dying Carl whose desire for "peace" was overly idealistic given the world they lived in.

At least, I hope that's what it meant because if they were "accurate" flash forwards this show has really gone to trash.

The vision with Negan wasn’t Carl’s. It was Rick having a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-18, 09:49 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Remember the helicopter? Maybe that will pick up interest.
Old 03-04-18, 10:57 PM
All World

So, we still do not know how Eugene saved the Saviors, but there was one aspect of this episode I really liked. That was the idea that the gay guy is hanging back to deal with the Amazon like Oceanside residents. In my mind he is hanging back to impregnate all of the members of that women only community in order to give them something to live/fight for. Yes, he takes one, or maybe thirty, for the team and gets all of the Oceansiders pregnant.
Old 03-05-18, 06:08 AM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
A helipad and solar panels? What's under the garbage patch?

And could the show be turning Jadis into a character from the comics?

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-18, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

Pretty much a boring, inept episode punctuated by some grisly gross out effects!

The main characters and groups of survivors continue to act in the most irrational & bizarre ways imaginable. Their motivations make absolutely no sense. I mean, the ultra distrustful Junkyard Dimwits meekly give up all their guns when facing a pissed off Saviors crew armed to the teeth and having just told them they know they worked with Rick! Really!

Look I like that the dimwits ended up as ground chuck as much as the next WD viewer but you have to create a plausible scenario by which they end up in the grinder.

Negan, Rick, Jadis and the rest of the "leaders" on this show continue to demonstrate that before the apocalypse they wouldn't be qualified to run a lemonade stand. How they survived to this point and actually rule over groups of survivors baffles me.
Old 03-06-18, 11:24 AM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
People still watch this?
Old 03-06-18, 12:26 PM
All District

On the bright side, Carl is truly dead. It wasn't a dream!
Old 03-09-18, 01:35 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Last Sunday's episode was the lowest in viewership since season 1. Fire sale time.
Old 03-12-18, 07:51 AM
All Yappi

I thought last nights episode was the best of the new season though to be honest that's faint praise. I did like how they're setting the stage for the saviors versus Hilltop battle. Maybe they can get this one right.

One problem I have with WD that keeps rearing it's ugly head is how they turn on & off the emotional excesses of certain characters. Last night it was the heavy set women's turn (what's her name?) to be a jerk. It's almost like with Carl gone they have to find a new character who we can root for to get eaten by a zombie or have a fatal appointment with Lucile!
Old 03-12-18, 12:46 PM
Go Buckeyes

The problem I have with last night's episode is that they are doing a poor job of showing why they are so desperate. They are going through the swamp to avoid being caught by a couple foot patrols? The Hilltop has no food but they have Jesus scavenging but no one else?

There was a time that this show did a good job of painting the bigger picture. Not anymore. Now they just like to throw people in a situation and ask everyone to "trust us" that things are really rough. It's just lazy writing by the show and hardly worth watching anymore.
Old 03-12-18, 01:18 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Really thought Carl's death was anti-climatic. Would have been great if he had taken a bite out of Neegan before he died or do you have to be one of the walking dead before you can infect someone.
Old 03-13-18, 11:17 AM
All District

I really hate myself for sticking with this show. I want everybody to die, except Neegan. I am Neegan!
Old 03-13-18, 01:04 PM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
I want everybody to die, except Neegan. I am Neegan!
...Especially Eugene and Gabriel.!
Old 03-13-18, 01:47 PM
Go Buckeyes

Gabriel is the worst. I wonder if that is by design or do the writers just not understand the character they are making. He's one of the worst characters to ever be on television. What makes it worse is that he has been on so long.
Old 03-13-18, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Gabriel is the worst. I wonder if that is by design or do the writers just not understand the character they are making. He's one of the worst characters to ever be on television. What makes it worse is that he has been on so long.
In fact you can take your point a step further and argue that the Walking dead may have the longest list of bad characters in the history of TV!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: