Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-02-18, 12:02 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Never called the banana phone....Marty is a cranky old man.
Old 02-02-18, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Well color me shocked
Old 03-09-18, 03:16 AM
All Yappi

Michael Smith is out at ESPN after today's episode. The hilarious saga is over after a year.

Dan Patrick is supposedly leaving DirecTV or whoever he works for now so maybe ESPN will try to recreate the good old days and have him host Sportscenter again.
Old 03-09-18, 09:23 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Michael Smith is out at ESPN after today's episode. The hilarious saga is over after a year.

Dan Patrick is supposedly leaving DirecTV or whoever he works for now so maybe ESPN will try to recreate the good old days and have him host Sportscenter again.
They need to do something. Short of Scott Van Pelt, SportsCenter is a god-awful mess. I know ESPN was looking to appeal to a younger demographic with Smith and Hill, but Good Jesus, I've heard cleaner deliveries from high school students on community cable channels. Horrible. I enjoyed Smith on the talking head shows, and I hope they utilize him in that capacity again, but Hill was always ill-suited for anything away from her keyboard.
Old 03-09-18, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
They need to do something. Short of Scott Van Pelt, SportsCenter is a god-awful mess. I know ESPN was looking to appeal to a younger demographic with Smith and Hill, but Good Jesus, I've heard cleaner deliveries from high school students on community cable channels. Horrible. I enjoyed Smith on the talking head shows, and I hope they utilize him in that capacity again, but Hill was always ill-suited for anything away from her keyboard.
They are both heading to the the Undefeated, basically ESPN's urban arm filtered with leftist politics.
Old 03-09-18, 09:33 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm almost worried to see Greenberg's new show. Him, Michelle Beadle, and Jalen Rose in a "Good-Morning America" -like setup but with sports. Sounds freaking awful, and Greenberg is one of the best talents they have left. What an abortion of a decision.
Old 03-09-18, 09:36 AM
All World

Did anyone else see this yesterday re Disney's Shareholder Meeting? One of their shareholders calls out Bob Iger pretty directly regarding ESPN's left-leaning media reporting and Trump hate. So awesome.

Old 03-09-18, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
They'd probably get better ratings if they just eliminated the 6pm Sportscenter altogether and moved Around the Horn and PTI to the 6 o'clock hour. PTI is still a good show
Old 03-09-18, 10:44 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Does anyone really watch ESPN for anything other than the games? The only show I watch is college game day during football season
Old 03-09-18, 10:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Does anyone really watch ESPN for anything other than the games? The only show I watch is college game day during football season
Other than SVP's Sportscenter, 30 for 30 and PTI, no. Other networks like CBS Sports and FS1 have picked up decent live sports rights so I don't even watch ESPN much anymore.
Old 03-09-18, 11:05 AM
All District

Yeah, forgot about 30 for 30
Old 03-09-18, 11:07 AM
All District

ESPN really has started to go the way of MTV, got away from what they did best and what they were about
Old 03-09-18, 11:19 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Agreed. I just can not see what the appeal is in watching a highlight show or a talking head show.

Pre-internet, Sportscenter was a must watch. Now, what's the point? And PTI, ATH, 1st Take, etc. - what is the possible entertainment value there?
Old 03-09-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I only watch sporting events. I don’t like sports talk, no one ever says anything worthwhile.
Old 03-09-18, 11:38 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Agreed with the takes above. I just don't need ESPN for anything other than watching live games. I can get my recaps and breakdowns/opinions within seconds of something happening.
Old 03-09-18, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Live games and 30 for 30. Rest is garbage.
Wingo is trying to hard in the morning and Golic, Jr. talks like Kevin from The Office.
Old 03-09-18, 11:55 AM
All World

First thing I've agreed with Monte on. Wingo is just god-awful. Have been tuning in almost exclusively to Clay Travis in the mornings instead.
Old 03-09-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to "Get Up" which will start in just a couple of weeks. I actually like Rose, Greeny, and Beadle. Will just be hard to contend with all the other morning shows.

I agree. Wingo is a major headache. He's trying way too hard and it's just not working.
Old 03-09-18, 01:24 PM
All District

IamToz15 is on a distinguished road
Except for the live game, ESPN reminds me of MTV. Something that I use to watch religiously 24/7 that now has no content that interests me at all.
Old 03-09-18, 03:21 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post

Thankful that sham is over. What a joke.

Start the clock on the Greenberg show right now. It will be a disaster. I'd say it doesn't even last til Christmas.

No one outside of ESPN has any hope for it.
Old 03-09-18, 03:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I only watch sporting events. I donít like sports talk, no one ever says anything worthwhile.
or anything you argee with, which is little.
Old 03-09-18, 03:45 PM
All World

I watch SVP at times, PTI, E60, 30/30 if the subject is decent and games. ESPN has gone off the rails trying to be too PC. Hill was too controversial and is better off whatever she's doing these days. I don't see her so that's fine. Never liked Smith. Buccigross and the other other guy with glasses are these weasely metros who ESPN is pawning off on us.

Didn't like Greenberg on Mike and Mike, any show he's on will be whiny and PC, Lebatard is absolutly horrible, I've never met anyone who listens to his dribble, Stephen A has a hearing problem because he yells all the time. I've pretty much signed off ESPN radio. A show I really like now is Tiki and Tiereney on CBS Sports radio. Fox Sports TV lineup is pretty good. Speak for Yourself/ Whitlock/ Cowherd is good, sometimes too many guests with nothing to add, Bayless/ Sharpe is ok in little doses.

One thing for sure about any sports talk today, topics that you can never get away from ...anything to do with LeBron, the Lakers or the Cowboys. I hate that so much.
Old 03-09-18, 03:53 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
or anything you argee with, which is little.
Incorrect again, I happen to agree with a LOT of people on here about you.
Old 03-12-18, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

Dan Dakich is a you either love him or hate him type of guy. I love him. I would like to see him get a national radio spot. Heís very entertaining imo.
Old 03-12-18, 08:44 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Dan Dakich is a you either love him or hate him type of guy. I love him. I would like to see him get a national radio spot. Heís very entertaining imo.
Dakich fits the mold of today's talk show hosts, lots of opinions, lots of hot air. He's actually taking Ohio State -where his son plays into the final four. This is where it gets sticky. There is no way the Buckeyes are getting to the final four. They are a #5 seed. Most likely going out in the 2nd game with Gonzaga. But here's the great think about these guys, there is no penalty for them being wrong, they just spout off about things and there is no right or wrong.

Ohio State was a great story this year, they played above their heads most of the season, although they really have not big wins outside a weak big ten conference this season. They stumbled down the stretch and found their level, still a great season for the Buckeyes.
Old 03-12-18, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Dakich fits the mold of today's talk show hosts, lots of opinions, lots of hot air. He's actually taking Ohio State -where his son plays into the final four. This is where it gets sticky. There is no way the Buckeyes are getting to the final four. They are a #5 seed. Most likely going out in the 2nd game with Gonzaga. But here's the great think about these guys, there is no penalty for them being wrong, they just spout off about things and there is no right or wrong.

Ohio State was a great story this year, they played above their heads most of the season, although they really have not big wins outside a weak big ten conference this season. They stumbled down the stretch and found their level, still a great season for the Buckeyes.
Donít be surprised if they lose to Mike Daum and SD State in rd 1
Old 03-12-18, 02:51 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I watch SVP at times, PTI, E60, 30/30 if the subject is decent and games. ESPN has gone off the rails trying to be too PC. Hill was too controversial and is better off whatever she's doing these days. I don't see her so that's fine. Never liked Smith. Buccigross and the other other guy with glasses are these weasely metros who ESPN is pawning off on us.

Didn't like Greenberg on Mike and Mike, any show he's on will be whiny and PC, Lebatard is absolutly horrible, I've never met anyone who listens to his dribble, Stephen A has a hearing problem because he yells all the time. I've pretty much signed off ESPN radio. A show I really like now is Tiki and Tiereney on CBS Sports radio. Fox Sports TV lineup is pretty good. Speak for Yourself/ Whitlock/ Cowherd is good, sometimes too many guests with nothing to add, Bayless/ Sharpe is ok in little doses.

One thing for sure about any sports talk today, topics that you can never get away from ...anything to do with LeBron, the Lakers or the Cowboys. I hate that so much.
Buccigross has been around a long time and IMO has always been good. Much like Steve Levy, he's a hockey guy working at a network that doesn't care about hockey is making the best of it.

I think one of the biggest problems these networks have is that they still tend to to talk down to people that watch. Catering to the lowest denominator. It's pretty easy these days to be more knowledgeable about the game and better informed than some of the talking heads they push on us.

if you want to find some real nuts and bolts of sports, ESPN, FOX and the like is not the place to go.
Old 03-12-18, 04:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Buccigross has been around a long time and IMO has always been good. Much like Steve Levy, he's a hockey guy working at a network that doesn't care about hockey is making the best of it.

I think one of the biggest problems these networks have is that they still tend to to talk down to people that watch. Catering to the lowest denominator. It's pretty easy these days to be more knowledgeable about the game and better informed than some of the talking heads they push on us.

if you want to find some real nuts and bolts of sports, ESPN, FOX and the like is not the place to go.
That may be it, I'm not a hockey guy and Buccigross is a hockey guy.
Old 03-15-18, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

John Skipper says he resigned because he was being extorted by a cocaine dealer:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...n-plot-1094657
Old 03-15-18, 02:05 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm skeptical of that. I did find the following contradictions funny.

Quote:
Southerner tightly wound with traditional values
Quote:
You know, Iím an old hippie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: