Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-11-18, 01:36 PM
All District

CleveHoopFan08 is on a distinguished road
Do yourself a favor and sit behind their bench and listen to one of their huddles. VERY little X and O and adjustments. Oh you'll get a lot of "you have to play harder", "play defense", and "So and so just disrespected us" or "So and so said you weren't tough". Rah rah and cheerleader type stuff.

Watch the nuances of a game and their reactions to them. Watched them earlier in the year and he called a man set . . . against a zone. His PLAYER recognized the defense and looked back at his coach to tell him. PLAYER ended up calling the set. Which was basically a high ball screen then drive to the hoop.

Having atheletes masks quite a bit.

Now your coach Mentor Grad is one heck of a good coach.
Old 03-11-18, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
I've seen him plenty over the years playing in the same league as Shaker. Again the guy always has his team ready to play. He has made many great adjustments over the years too.

Your isolated examples being so called behind his bench doesn't do much for me. I know the sport. I've seen him coach plenty. Sure he isn't Coach K or Flannery, but he's a way better coach than mr aau recruiter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-18, 05:56 PM
All American

sehs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveHoopFan08 View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here and say Shaker is any better coached. That would be an outright stretch.

If they are, it's not by much . . .
He's a much better coach than Sonny. I saw him keep his team in the game against a very good St. Ed's team at BW this year. Ed's got super hot in the 2nd quarter and were up by 29 or something. Without Guess all game, Shaker came back to within 10 at some point. Ed's kept their starters in most of the 4th quarter because Shaker just was able to hang around. They are athletic with a suffocating defensive pressure that can go full court, I am not sure of the guy's in game X's and O's but if they are lacking, he more than makes up for it in preparation of his squad it seems.