Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-23-18, 02:19 PM
All Ohio

stoike is on a distinguished road
Suburban League National

Geezus, there are no fans from the SL-N on this board, girls or boys sports! Sad. The one thread there was got deleted, so thought I would start a new one, although it will get no "traffic". (funny how the SL-American has traffic)

ANYWAY.....

Euclid D-1 final score:

Stow 48
Walsh 37

Very costly however, as Stow lost starting PG (and perhaps best player) to a knee injury with 2 minutes to go in the game.

Wadsworth 64
C. Falls 28

Brunkswick is next for the lady Grizz.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-18, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Fail to mention nordonia win lol.
Old 02-27-18, 07:25 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoike View Post
Geezus, there are no fans from the SL-N on this board, girls or boys sports! Sad. The one thread there was got deleted, so thought I would start a new one, although it will get no "traffic". (funny how the SL-American has traffic)

ANYWAY.....

Euclid D-1 final score:

Stow 48
Walsh 37

Very costly however, as Stow lost starting PG (and perhaps best player) to a knee injury with 2 minutes to go in the game.

Wadsworth 64
C. Falls 28

Brunkswick is next for the lady Grizz.
As a McKinley fan, I've been following the SL National teams, but I can't really discuss because I don't know enough about them.

Well, except that Wadsworth has a player that seems to be overlooking McKinley....

“We just have to learn that we’re going to play good teams eventually in the tournament. Even though we didn’t perform as well, I feel like we can definitely come out and beat them (in the state semifinals), for sure, but I’m not going to deny that they’re a very good team. They deserve their place in the state (poll).”

Last edited by just a fan; 02-27-18 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-27-18, 09:29 PM
All American

20/20
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a fan View Post
As a McKinley fan, I've been following the SL National teams, but I can't really discuss because I don't know enough about them.

Well, except that Wadsworth has a player that seems to be overlooking McKinley....

“We just have to learn that we’re going to play good teams eventually in the tournament. Even though we didn’t perform as well, I feel like we can definitely come out and beat them (in the state semifinals), for sure, but I’m not going to deny that they’re a very good team. They deserve their place in the state (poll).”
That is what you are going with for your bulletin board material?? McKinley is the favorite hands down. Foul trouble, injury or great/poor game planning could affect the outcome. I bet McKinley is glad they got sent to Medina instead of Canton. Less land mines in Medina than Canton for sure.
Old 02-28-18, 10:37 AM
All Ohio

suplex21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a fan View Post

Actually the reporter must be overlooking McKinley. The parenthesis are what the player DID NOT say. All the player said was

“We just have to learn that we’re going to play good teams eventually in the tournament. Even though we didn’t perform as well, I feel like we can definitely come out and beat them, for sure, but I’m not going to deny that they’re a very good team. They deserve their place in the state (poll).”
That does not sound like they are overlooking anyone, but yes the reporter framed it that way.
Old 02-28-18, 10:07 PM
All Region

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
That is what you are going with for your bulletin board material?? McKinley is the favorite hands down. Foul trouble, injury or great/poor game planning could affect the outcome. I bet McKinley is glad they got sent to Medina instead of Canton. Less land mines in Medina than Canton for sure.

They can't play on their home floor in the districts..Walsh College used to host those...now they are played at the Fieldhouse. I might have been a little rougher..they would have faced either Jackson or GlenOak. They beat GlenOak twice..one very close game (1pt) and Jackson beat them once in OT(their only loss) so who knows what would have happened. But the region they are in..if they beat Wadsworth they will likely face NDA in the regional final..not sure how good they are this year. We shall see.
Old 03-01-18, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
Medina is stronger this year for what it's worth.... McK/Wads over GO/Jackson Hoban/Wooster over Hoover/Canfield, etc, etc

and no one needs bulletin board material.
Old 03-01-18, 07:31 PM
All Ohio

Solon and McKinley (or MAYBE Wadsworth) would be a great game down the road. Stow is not going to beat Solon without their starting point guard, who is their spark plug, and maybe their best player. Berea might give Solon one heck of a game. McKinley has the best player in the state and a very good supporting cast, so I will be shocked if they lose before Columbus.
Old 03-01-18, 07:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Fail to mention nordonia win lol.
Not an intentional omission. Just had not seen the score.
Old 03-01-18, 08:57 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex21 View Post
Actually the reporter must be overlooking McKinley. The parenthesis are what the player DID NOT say. All the player said was

“We just have to learn that we’re going to play good teams eventually in the tournament. Even though we didn’t perform as well, I feel like we can definitely come out and beat them, for sure, but I’m not going to deny that they’re a very good team. They deserve their place in the state (poll).”
That does not sound like they are overlooking anyone, but yes the reporter framed it that way.
LOL, yeah, I knew that.

Congrats to Wadsworth and best of luck to them the rest of the way!
Old 03-02-18, 03:47 PM
All Ohio

Great win! VERY impressed. Go Lady Grizz!