Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-15-14, 11:44 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Huber Heights Wayne 44 Dublin Coffman 35

HH Wayne 07 07 28 02 - 44
Coffman__ 07 07 14 07 - 35

What a game tonight at Bellefontaine between 10-1 Wayne and 11-0 Coffman. Coffman scored first to go up 7-0 but Wayne answered quickly to tie it at 7 when Trice hit Swanson. Wayne took a 14-7 lead in the 2nd on a long pass from Trice to Wagner and was looking to go up even more but Coffman got a stop and answered to tie the game at 14. Coffman had a chance to take the lead late in the half but the Wayne defense held forcing a punt with 12 seconds left. Kinnel took the punt and broke free but got tripped up at the 8 yard line as time ran out.

3rd quarter was just flat out crazy. After Wayne went 3 and out Coffman's offense cruised down field and scored to go up 21-14. With the momentum their kicker drilled one way out of the endzone and Wayne took over at the 20. First play, Trice hit Wagner in stride and oh my, I had no idea he could run that fast as he took off and ran through two converging defenders for an 80 yard TD and a 21-21 score. Wayne looked like they took the lead when they forced a Coffman fumble and Landers returned it for a TD but an inadvertent whistle called it back. Wayne though exploded on their next 3 possessions scoring touchdown's which included a long TD pass to Wagner, TD pass to Swanson and a Superman leap into the endzone by Kinnel and Wayne looked comfortably up 42-21 with just under 6 minutes left in the 3rd.

Coffman could of called it quits but they didn't especially their RB Kendrick who started going off ripping off some huge runs including one that went for a TD to cut it to 42-28. Looked like Wayne was going to answer after Trice hit Wagner on a huge pass but a hanky came out calling Wagner for offensive pass interference. Wayne was still able to move the chains but the drive stalled.

Now in the 4th it was do or die time for Coffman and they got some help as Wayne was called for 3 15 yard penalties which included late hit on QB and a pass interference call which of course were all questionable calls but they did end up scoring on a great catch to cut it to 42-35. As the offenses were rolling it was now time for the defenses to step up and it was Coffman first which stopped Wayne and gave their offense the ball. But the Wayne defense also came through and this game has now turned into a defensive struggle. Coffman had one more chance to tie it after the defense sacked Trice on back to back plays but Wayne's defense came up huge on back to back plays dropping Coffman for losses and then registering a safety to put the game away. Wayne wins a hard fought game 44-35 and will take on Lakota West in the Region 2A FINALS!!!!!

I will admit that Coffman was better than I thought and what I had seen of them. by far, this was the toughest team Wayne has faced this season and they showed a lot of heart out there... best of luck in the future COFFMAN!!!!!

I'll edit in stats when I get them and scoring summaries..... Trice did throw for 447 yards and 5 TD's tonight.... Wagner and Swanson also had huge games with nearly 200 receiving yards....

SCORING SUMMARY

1QTR

DC: Hoak pass to Marcinik 72 yards... 7-0
WAYNE: Trice pass to Swanson 11 yards... 7-7

2QTR

WAYNE: Trice to Wagner 39 yards... 7-14
DC: Hoak to Marcinik 22 yards... 14-14

3 QTR

DC: Hendrick 18 yard run ..... 21-14
WAYNE: Trice to Wagner 80 yards ... 21-21
WAYNE: Trice to Swanson 19 yards ... 21-28
WAYNE: Kinnel 3 yard run .... 21-35
WAYNE: Trice to Wagner 61 yards ... 21-42
DC: Hoak to Marcinik 14 yards ... 28-42

4 QTR

DC: Hoak to Marcinik 20 yards ... 35-42
WAYNE: Safety ... 35-44

TEAM STATS

Total yards: DC 429 WAYNE 548
rushing: DC 31-164 WAYNE 28-101
passing: DC 265 WAYNE 447
1st downs: DC 24 WAYNE 24
turnovers: DC 3 WAYNE 2

IND-STATS

WAYNE QB Trice 20 of 35 for 447 yards 5 TD's
DC QB Hoak 23 of 44 for 265 yards 4 TD's

DC RB Kendrick 27 for 174 yards 1 TD / 4 catches for 16 yards
WAYNE: RB Wilcox 6 for 63 yards / 2 catches for 13 yards

WAYNE WR Wagner 6 catches for 196 yards 3 TD's
WAYNE WR Swanson 10 catches for 195 yards 2 TD's
DC WR Marcinik 13 catches 207 yards 4 TD's

side note: The Wayne basketball team scrimmaged this morning up in Lima. They were without half of their players who were on the football team but they were still impressive winning all games including wins over Northland and Gahanna Lincoln.

Last edited by vamp2syd; 11-16-14 at 05:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-14, 11:53 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
How was the seating situation? I know a lot of the Wayne fans were complaining on earlier threads.
Old 11-15-14, 11:55 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to Wayne on your big win over Coffman. I listened to the second half online, what a truly great game. No quit in both teams. Good luck the rest of the way to Wayne.
Old 11-16-14, 12:00 AM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Heat View Post
vamp2syd, I love you.
Alright vamp!! A secret admirer!!!
Old 11-16-14, 12:04 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Yappi Harmony for Vamps.
Old 11-16-14, 12:19 AM
All Ohio

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
How was the seating situation? I know a lot of the Wayne fans were complaining on earlier threads.
And how many died due to starvation?
Old 11-16-14, 12:42 AM
Junior Varsity

ADG is on a distinguished road
Great HS game and the better team won. 2 of the best 3 teams in R2 wish it the game was a week later. Coffman played their hearts out especially Dre and Kyle M. The Rocks D was exposed a bit and they were fortunate that Wayne left some points on the field. Best play of the night was at then end of the 2nd Q when Wayne was about to take a punt back for a TD but Grady ran the returner down inside the 10 as the 1/2 expired.
Old 11-16-14, 01:08 AM
Varsity

Warpath is on a distinguished road
Was a great game. I thought Wayne was going to pull away in the 2nd half but Coffman kept fighting till the end. I'm glad I was there to watch.
Old 11-16-14, 01:11 AM
All District

OtherBrotherDarrel is on a distinguished road
Venue Just Fine....

BHS AcuSport Stadium was just fine for the game and the crowd. If they add another few hundred seating in the visitor side this venue will host many future games for Region 2.

As to the game. This is what HS football is all about. Back and forth and the game really could have gone either way EVEN THOUGH Wayne was the slightly better team. They are loaded with athletes and their staff did a GREAT job of jumping all over mismatches with Coffman corners to quickly put points on the board in the 3rd that they needed all of late. Wayne is VERY well coached and
Coffman really blew a Huge opportunity at the end of the 1st half after safety Reagan Malas picked off a tipped ball giving DC a real chance to score before the half. With the ball at Wayne 43 with 3 TO's and 1:09 on the clock, it was a real example of completely disastrous clock and game mgmt., and DC barely got 2 plays off let alone at least getting a FG attempt, or with HH on their heels, having a real shot to go up 7 at the half. Can't waste opportunities like that. I'm sure when DC coaches review they will REALLY regret that debacle. Details matter in week 12 that may not in regular season.
Difference in game CLEARLY, Wayne receivers vs DC corners. Total mismatch that they fully took advantage of. And that was the game. Agree with earlier poster, shame they had to meet this week as both these teams are probably much better than several others still alive. That's how brackets work.
Wayne good luck and now go win it all.....Coffman, even though it only went to week 12 due to match up, you are one of the best ever Coffman teams.

Note....Coffman 18-2 in their last 20 games. Only team to be them - Wayne twice.

Only team Coffman has losing record with over last 3 years - Wayne.
Old 11-16-14, 03:08 AM
Cooling Off

JoeMontana can only hope to improve
As expected, Columbus is completely out before week 13.

This really goes to show that strength of schedule means a lot when it comes to determining who's best.

Clearly, a 8-3 sw Ohio team is better than a 11-0 Columbus team.

(we all knew this already, but, it's nice to see it physically play out so there is no doubt)
Old 11-16-14, 04:48 AM
All Region

jobarules is on a distinguished road
Hey Joe...Westerville Central? Putting your foot in your mouth again I see
Old 11-16-14, 05:56 AM
All District

#1WARRIOR1:30.9 is on a distinguished road
Way to go Wayne...All the people of Huber Heights are proud of their fantastic football team.

Good luck the rest of the way!!!
Old 11-16-14, 06:08 AM
All Ohio

NHS82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontana View Post

This really goes to show that strength of schedule means a lot when it comes to determining who's best.

(we all knew this already, but, it's nice to see it physically play out so there is no doubt)

Give it a rest already. I am hoping you are being this ignorant on purpose just to stir the pot but, either way, Stop already. If you are stiring the pot it is getting old, if it is plain ignorance, then you need to keep your dumb stuff to yourself because i would imagine that 99% of the people on here are just tired of the stupidity you show every time you post
Old 11-16-14, 09:13 AM
All District

OtherBrotherDarrel is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You really have no idea how stupid every other person on here thinks you are. You could not be more irrelevant. Every year central Ohio has teams that can play with anyone, like 2 Time state champ in last 7 years Davidson, this year Coffman proved they had a chance to beat anyone against maybe the best team in Ohio right now, Wayne last night. Pickerington teams have had their runs, UA won it all about 12 years ago.....So that alone, 3 championships in 12 years or so is 25% moron. Pickerington might have won one also..?? Thats about right if you quarter the state. There are obvious powerhouses that we all know about that will be good every year due to ability to get LOTS of talented players from wide areas and that has been debated and is not for here, but to make a blanket statement about central Ohio football shows just what a total firking moron you are....Ask the Wayne players and coaches how good they think Coffman was last night...With a different bracket, not hitting Wayne early, Coffman probably would have gone to where this game should have been, the regional championship between two of the 3 of Wayne, Coffman and St X. Those are the best 3 teams in R2 this year IMHO and I predicted preseason the R2 champ to be a matchup of 2 of those 3 teams. The brackets didn't work out for Coffman, as they are probably better than many D1 teams in the state still alive. LOTS of respect for Wayne. Great team with championship potential this year. Coffman should be proud 18-2 last 20 games, only losses to Wayne twice, beating teams like Davidson, McKinley, Liberty, Scioto, St Charles, Upper Arlington, and blew out highly ranked Centerville last year and making the tournament 12 of the last 14 years. IF 3-4 plays go differently last night, Wayne could be sitting at home feeling like they had the better team but lost, it was that close but for a couple plays that litterally came down to inches on 4th down.

Last edited by OtherBrotherDarrel; 11-16-14 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added Centerville
Old 11-16-14, 09:26 AM
All American

darbydavidsonfan is on a distinguished road
Don't get too worked up. You are giving him exactly the reaction he is trying to get. His motives on here a pretty clear.
Old 11-16-14, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
#montanaderp
Old 11-16-14, 12:09 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...hts-wayne.html
Old 11-16-14, 02:31 PM
All Region

sballvballcheer is on a distinguished road
Yep, Dublin Coffman was the best team that Wayne has played so far this year. WOW, they sure did NOT give up when down by 42-21 in the 3rd quarter. Yes, Coffman is better than some teams still playing; WOW. What a game! Outstanding game by Coffman's QB, RB, and wide receiver! Great game
Old 11-16-14, 02:35 PM
All Region

AIK Solna is on a distinguished road
Well done Wayne. Best of luck in making a deep run.
Old 11-17-14, 03:29 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
I wish Urban Meyer and OSU would try and persuade Kinnel to switch from Michigan to the Buckeyes!!
Old 11-17-14, 03:35 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
I wish Urban Meyer and OSU would try and persuade Kinnel to switch from Michigan to the Buckeyes!!
Old 11-17-14, 04:40 PM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They never offered him
Old 11-17-14, 04:52 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
They never offered him

That can be changed!
Old 11-17-14, 05:25 PM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
Quote:
That can be changed!
He wasn't offered because everyone knew it was his boyhood dream to play for Michigan.
Old 11-17-14, 10:43 PM
All Region

sballvballcheer is on a distinguished road
Sooo, the Dayton Daily News article said that Dublin Coffman beat Wayne two seasons ago in the same game.....I don't recall this.....is this true?
Old 11-18-14, 12:03 AM
All American

Hawk1959 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sballvballcheer View Post
Sooo, the Dayton Daily News article said that Dublin Coffman beat Wayne two seasons ago in the same game.....I don't recall this.....is this true?
Nope.... GWOCSports.com is your friend.

http://gwocsports.com/schedule.aspx?...-1&schoolid=58

2012 Wayne lost in the first round to Moeller

Also 2 Years ago was before the Super Division set up and Wayne joined the Region 2, DIV 1 vs. the old Region 4, DIV 1. Region 4 was SW Ohio only. Would not have been any Columbus Schools in the Region 4 Playoffs Columbus would come into play in the Div 1 Semi Finals.
Old 11-18-14, 12:54 AM
Cooling Off

JoeMontana can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk1959 View Post
Nope.... GWOCSports.com is your friend.

http://gwocsports.com/schedule.aspx?...-1&schoolid=58

2012 Wayne lost in the first round to Moeller

Also 2 Years ago was before the Super Division set up and Wayne joined the Region 2, DIV 1 vs. the old Region 4, DIV 1. Region 4 was SW Ohio only. Would not have been any Columbus Schools in the Region 4 Playoffs Columbus would come into play in the Div 1 Semi Finals.
Coffman only wins when there's a typo... Lol...
Old 11-18-14, 10:24 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coffman only wins when there's a typo... Lol...
D!ck
Old 11-18-14, 01:17 PM
All American

purplenova
listened to the game on streaming radio 97.3 and I must admit there were times when I though Wayne was going to run away, especially when the score was 42-21.

Marcinik was open all first half and I wasnt sure Wood the DC for Wayne would fix that, but he did. From the audio, it sounded like Marcinik was being double teamed in the 2nd half and that limited his production, but I wasnt there so I could be wrong on the double team.

All I know is the announcers on 97.3 were calling Marcinik's name all 1st half. DC just kept fighting and from my end, almost thought the momentum was shifting to DC's side.

Wish I would have made the drive up for this game. I definitely missed a good one. Congrats to Wayne and to DC. Hard fought game for both teams.

DC - Im sure we will see you again next year. Much respect
Old 11-18-14, 02:03 PM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Nice win Wayne,good luck the rest of the way.