Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-15-18, 11:53 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
2018 Division VII Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 4)

The voting will take place until Monday, September 17th, 2018. The poll for each division will be released that afternoon.

Use this thread to discuss your top ten voting for D7:

Vote Now - DVII
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-18, 12:16 AM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
1. Minster
2. Fort Loramie
3. Crestview
4. Pandora-Gilboa
5. Sycamore Mohawk
6. Leipsic
7. Arlington
8. Harvest Prep
9. Cuyahoga Heights
10. Youngstown Valley Christian School
Old 09-16-18, 09:29 AM
Freshman

Cal Jr. is on a distinguished road
D vii

Where is McComb ?
Old 09-16-18, 11:25 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
1. Minster
2. Crestview
3. Fort Loramie
4. McComb
5. Pandora-gilboa
6. Arlington
7. New Bremen
8. Sycamore Mohawk
9. Leipsic
10. Cuyahoga Heights
Old 09-16-18, 01:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Jr. View Post
Where is McComb ?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-18, 01:42 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
1 Minster
2 Convoy Crestview
3 Fort Loramie
4 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep
5 McComb
6 Glouster Trimble
7 Lancaster Fisher Catholic
8 Tiffin Calvert
9 Norwalk St. Paul
10 Sycamore Mohawk
Old 09-16-18, 02:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
1 Minster
2 Convoy Crestview
3 Fort Loramie
4 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep
5 McComb
6 Glouster Trimble
7 Lancaster Fisher Catholic
8 Tiffin Calvert
9 Norwalk St. Paul
10 Sycamore Mohawk
I totally forgot about Trimble. I do have to ask though. Why Fisher?
Old 09-17-18, 12:04 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
I also voted for Fisher, and I voted them like fifth or sixth to counterbalance whatever effect all the ballots chocked full, 1-10, of western Ohio teams had on them not even getting a mention in the ‘also receiving votes’ category of last week’s poll.

They deserve recognition. They are a good team. There’s still a lot of questions on whether or not they’re a contender for week 12 and forward, though...
Old 09-17-18, 01:41 AM
All American

I'll be sure not to vote for them at all to offset you putting them higher than they deserve to be on your ballot. Haha

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-18, 10:11 AM
All District

cknights is on a distinguished road
1. Crestview
2. Minster
3. McComb
4. Fort Loramie
5. Pandora
6. New Bremen
7. Leipsic
8. St. Paul
9. Cuyahoga Heights
10. Harvest Prep
Old 09-17-18, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Minster should fall to 6-9 with their loss this week.
Old 09-17-18, 11:34 AM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Since they covered the Fantastic50 spread for the game, I kept Minster at the same #2 spot on my ballot.
Old 09-17-18, 03:47 PM
All American

8/24 A Crooksville (0-4) [6:23] W 28-7
8/31 A Crestline (1-3) [7:26] W 35-7
9/14 A Ridgedale (1-3) [7:27] W 50-0

I'll take Fisher serious when they play an actual team. Right now I'm not impressed at all. Same with Harvest Prep.
Old 09-17-18, 04:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
8/24 A Crooksville (0-4) [6:23] W 28-7
8/31 A Crestline (1-3) [7:26] W 35-7
9/14 A Ridgedale (1-3) [7:27] W 50-0

I'll take Fisher serious when they play an actual team. Right now I'm not impressed at all. Same with Harvest Prep.
That’s fair that you feel that way about FC. I agree that they haven’t played anyone too challenging, although I don’t agree about Crooksville (Crooksville QB, who is very talented, broke his leg in the 4q of our game, week one, and Crooksville has had rough sledding against far superior and far bigger teams, since then.) What FC has so far is a team that has scored in almost every way possible and who has seen lots of kids get balls into the end zone, for six or for two (safeties.) They play very fundamental football, and have pretty much only played 10 or so ‘actual’ quarters of football so far. No game week 3, and last Friday the game was at 41-0 at half... not much you can really do, there.

I do think, however, that your thought on Harvest Prep is pretty unfounded... to put it nicely.
Old 09-17-18, 04:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
That’s fair that you feel that way about FC. I agree that they haven’t played anyone too challenging, although I don’t agree about Crooksville (Crooksville QB, who is very talented, broke his leg in the 4q of our game, week one, and Crooksville has had rough sledding against far superior and far bigger teams, since then.) What FC has so far is a team that has scored in almost every way possible and who has seen lots of kids get balls into the end zone, for six or for two (safeties.) They play very fundamental football, and have pretty much only played 10 or so ‘actual’ quarters of football so far. No game week 3, and last Friday the game was at 41-0 at half... not much you can really do, there.

I do think, however, that your thought on Harvest Prep is pretty unfounded... to put it nicely.
Fair enough. I'm not completely cynical. I am very glad that Fisher is doing well as they've struggled of late and I do wish them the best of luck. My hangup with Harvest is that they barely beat Worthington Christian which confuses me because they have beaten teams much bigger than themselves so yes Harvest has more of a reason to be ranked at this point than Fisher. Unfounded, Yea you're probably right but I still think they need to prove themselves against a team with a winning record and they get that chance this week and a few in the weeks beyond. If they finish 10-0, they surely will belong in the top 10. Does that sound fair?
Old 09-17-18, 05:08 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Minster should fall to 6-9 with their loss this week.
so Fort Loramie should be ahead of them?
Old 09-17-18, 05:57 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Of course not, Minster beat them.

YOu are smarter than that!

See we had a good one Friday night. Hope the Cats win the next 11 weeks.
Old 09-17-18, 10:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm not completely cynical. I am very glad that Fisher is doing well as they've struggled of late and I do wish them the best of luck. My hangup with Harvest is that they barely beat Worthington Christian which confuses me because they have beaten teams much bigger than themselves so yes Harvest has more of a reason to be ranked at this point than Fisher. Unfounded, Yea you're probably right but I still think they need to prove themselves against a team with a winning record and they get that chance this week and a few in the weeks beyond. If they finish 10-0, they surely will belong in the top 10. Does that sound fair?
Re: Harvest Prep & caliber of opponents - We’re only four games into the year. Something like less than 1/8 of all teams are 4-0 at this point, less than 1/4 of all teams is 3-1 by now? (If I understand powers of 2 and normal distributions correctly... sorry, I drank through half of freshman probs and stats 101 in college!) Either way, four games is too minute of a sample size for W-L comparisons just yet. But, point well taken nevertheless!

Knowing what HP is capable of, especially with their coaching staff, I have no qualms about them being placed top-10 and let alone placed above FC. I guess one ‘litmus’ question I would pose is: think Mohawk or Cuyahoga Heights (two teams you ranked) would’ve performed any better with HP’s slate, to date? Re: the WC/HP game - HP is young, and has questionable quarterback play (watch the film) and played a hungry WC team whose coaching staff (featuring MAC product Jeff Hartings) can read film very, very well. Every team is destined to have a bad game; don’t think New Bremen had one versus Anna, for instance? Luckily for HP, their strengths on all other facets of the game outweigh its shaky QB play.

About FC: fair enough. In case it wasn’t obvious, I’m an FC alum and a fan. As much of a “homer” as I may come across as, I do with my whole heart and soul think this is a team worth mentioning in the statewide D7 conversation thusfar. Hopefully my other commentary and general “poster reputation” can be of credit to me when I say that I understand arguments against FC being top-10 ranked as well as potential weaknesses for the Green & White, but that my argument for Lancaster Catholic being mentioned are nonetheless rational and justified. And hey, if nothing else, if Springfield Cath Central and New Miami have gotten Yappi poll recognition so far this year, then why not the Irish boys!?

I will lay my cards on the table, broadly speaking, and say that while western Ohio has great small school football (I’ve seen McComb and Kris Alge’s program in the flesh), that good teams worthy of mention D7 exist east of US 23.
Old 09-17-18, 11:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Re: Harvest Prep & caliber of opponents - We’re only four games into the year. Something like less than 1/8 of all teams are 4-0 at this point, less than 1/4 of all teams is 3-1 by now? (If I understand powers of 2 and normal distributions correctly... sorry, I drank through half of freshman probs and stats 101 in college!) Either way, four games is too minute of a sample size for W-L comparisons just yet. But, point well taken nevertheless!

Knowing what HP is capable of, especially with their coaching staff, I have no qualms about them being placed top-10 and let alone placed above FC. I guess one ‘litmus’ question I would pose is: think Mohawk or Cuyahoga Heights (two teams you ranked) would’ve performed any better with HP’s slate, to date? Re: the WC/HP game - HP is young, and has questionable quarterback play (watch the film) and played a hungry WC team whose coaching staff (featuring MAC product Jeff Hartings) can read film very, very well. Every team is destined to have a bad game; don’t think New Bremen had one versus Anna, for instance? Luckily for HP, their strengths on all other facets of the game outweigh its shaky QB play.

About FC: fair enough. In case it wasn’t obvious, I’m an FC alum and a fan. As much of a “homer” as I may come across as, I do with my whole heart and soul think this is a team worth mentioning in the statewide D7 conversation thusfar. Hopefully my other commentary and general “poster reputation” can be of credit to me when I say that I understand arguments against FC being top-10 ranked as well as potential weaknesses for the Green & White, but that my argument for Lancaster Catholic being mentioned are nonetheless rational and justified. And hey, if nothing else, if Springfield Cath Central and New Miami have gotten Yappi poll recognition so far this year, then why not the Irish boys!?

I will lay my cards on the table, broadly speaking, and say that while western Ohio has great small school football (I’ve seen McComb and Kris Alge’s program in the flesh), that good teams worthy of mention D7 exist east of US 23.
I'm still trying to figure this New Bremen team out. 2 weeks ago I had them a 6. Then they got steamrolled by Anna who is great in their own right so I left them off. Then they beat Fort Recovery whom I didn't think they'd beat then but they did so I brought them back.

I also omitted Trimble because I forgot about them! Sycamore has played some Ok competition at best but its still early yet to really say. Cuyahoga Heights has a bad loss. I think the reason I still put them up their due to recent playoff history. Another loss and Cuyahoga will be off. Springfield Catholic and New Miami should've never sniffed these polls during any week this year. Fisher deserves more love than them as well as Harvest. Springfield CC might not, from what I hear, finish the season. Another team I picked, Arlington, plays McComb this week and if its ugly, I'll probably drop them off.

I get that you're a FC homer and I respect that. Its been 12 years since you guys have made the playoffs and right now you guys are in good shape. The shoe is also on the other foot. I am from MAC land and I just wanted fair representation for New Bremen who have struggled for many years and haven't made the playoffs since 2004 when they lost to the D6 state champions (Hardin Northern) in the regional final. Just 5 years ago, New Bremen was considering cutting football due to low numbers and had some community meetings about what plan of action they would take. Now they have 16 seniors and 57 on the roster with some talent and are in good shape to finally break that playoff-less streak. Their coach has done a remarkable job. Are they ready for the bigtime... probably not yet. Do they have potential... Yes

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 09-18-18 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-18-18, 06:37 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
With a new coach and system FL is only going to get better as the season goes on. Would not surprise me at all if they won D-7 state championship.
Old 09-18-18, 06:43 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
1. Fort Loramie
2. McComb
3. Leipsic
4. Minster
5.Cuyahoga Heights
6.New Bremen
7.PG
8.Crestview
9. NSP
10. HP
Old 09-18-18, 06:53 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
With a new coach and system FL is only going to get better as the season goes on. Would not surprise me at all if they won D-7 state championship.
That would surprise me. First, they just played what should be their only 4 competitive games of the regular season. So from here on out easy wins create bad habits. The kids start thinking they are getting "better" because it is getting so easy to win. Reality will set in when they face their first competitive opponent week 11 or 12.

I would be shocked if Minster didn't win D7 regional baring unforseen injury. That is a team that will be pushed and will improve because of the competition.
Old 09-18-18, 07:31 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This program is setup to be a state power in Division 7. The town breeds champions just like the MAC schools. Basketball was ranked #1 in the state this past year, Baseball won the state championship (and went through Minster to do it), heck even girls basketball have won a few state titles in the past 10 years.

Fort Loramie (under the new coach and system) and Minster will become an even bigger deal than it already is in the near future.
Old 09-18-18, 12:52 PM
All District

Quote:
1. Fort Loramie
2. McComb
3. Leipsic
4. Minster
5.Cuyahoga Heights
6.New Bremen
7.PG
8.Crestview
9. NSP
10. HP
Looking forward to McComb, PG, and Leipsic all giving eachother a test. Not sure I agree with that order considering FL got beat by Minster and CH got hammered by Brookfield, but it sure is an interesting rankings order.
Old 09-18-18, 01:23 PM
Varsity

Northwest football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknights View Post
Looking forward to McComb, PG, and Leipsic all giving eachother a test. Not sure I agree with that order considering FL got beat by Minster and CH got hammered by Brookfield, but it sure is an interesting rankings order.
Kinda sucks that pandora and leipsic won't play each other unless they meet in the playoffs
Old 09-18-18, 01:46 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknights View Post
interesting is a way to describe Stirred....
Old 09-18-18, 06:04 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I totally forgot about Trimble. I do have to ask though. Why Fisher?
Trimble plays Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy this week. Should see where Trimble stands with that game
Old 09-18-18, 06:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Trimble plays Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy this week. Should see where Trimble stands with that game
Certainly!
Old 09-19-18, 08:28 AM
All District

According to fatastic 50:

Minster
Crestview
Fort Loramie
Sycamore
McComb
Pandora
Arlington