Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-10-18, 12:38 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Like I said I didnít live here . So all Senior football players in the District played at Scioto so they could compete for a D-2 title? Thatís an outrage lmao . So the parent school had zero experienced Seniors ? Wow thatís interesting . So it didnít mater where you lived if you were a Senior footbal player in the district? You got to go to Scioto ? Thatís cheating and disposable . We have to put a rule in place there.

Unprecedented that the original school loses all its Senior football players and not the new school . Was there an investigation? Was this a one year situation or did the shady Dub district play this game for years ? I have to find some old news reports about this scurrilous attemp to play the system to win a lesser title because they were afraid of Andy Katzenmoyer . Shameful . Award the title to Buchtel .
Old 10-10-18, 01:01 PM
Freshman

LSpartans is on a distinguished road
Week #8 Just Breaking up the trolling and hating and finger pointing

Westland /Central Crossing - Central Cross wins this one in a first half close battle then take over in the second half 27-13 (Harrycrane is anyone going to this game where you can suggest a afterspot? Google has BW3s or Roosters)

UA and Marysville - Defensive battle with UA QB out (is he coming back or out for the season). With the temp drop and the Marysville slow Turf and a new electrician it is a defensive battle....Marysville wins 19-13 in OT (Harrycrane Bennys?)

Coffman vs Davidson - Hilliard Davidson has the system that they are taught since they have been playing in Pop Warner but i saw them play UA....just not as big, strong, and athletic as Coffman...game will be close early and quick but some late touchdowns give Dublin the win 30-13 (harrycrane Rusty Bucket?)
Old 10-10-18, 02:55 PM
Junior Varsity

Killer Nut is on a distinguished road
Plank's on Broadway after the Westland/Central Crossing tussle. I have only been to the Plank's on South High but if it up to their standards, the one on Broadway should work.
Old 10-10-18, 03:06 PM
All World

Love Planks , Been to both ,South High location preferable but Either one works well.
Old 10-10-18, 08:51 PM
All District

TigerA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-OSU-STEELERS View Post
In 2007 Dublin Coffman had 5 players ranked (Mike Adams #1, Jake Stonebrurner #7, Zach Stoudt #18, Trey Fairchild #28, Steve Gardiner #47). This team lost in the state semi-finals to a very good Cincy St X. This is the exceptional class that goes thru a school once every 25 or 50 years, you can't count on having that type of talent walking thru the halls of your school each & every year. The two Hilliard Davidson teams that won state had 0 players ranked by Rivals.com. I think this goes to show that it's not always about talent, a team has to have determination, pride and function well during adversity. Good luck to both teams Friday night.
Totally agree. Talent is, of course, very important. But it is NOT the end all and be all especially at the high school level. There is a lot to be said of GREAT coaching, team discipline, execution of a game plan, minimizing mistakes (especially turnovers) during the game and perseverance.

I know that for years Pickerington Central was oozing talent but had issues with numerous penalties, turnovers, lack of discipline. It wasn't till they got all those under control the last 3 or 4 years that they really took off at the state level and finally got that state title they've been striving years for.

Davidson certainly never had as much talent as almost any team they played on their way to those 2 state titles, but great defense, execution of coach White's game plan was able to overcome the talent disparity and get the job done.
Old 10-11-18, 12:12 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Hey Harry. Haven't posted in a few weeks. Should be a close one. To me this is a pick em game. Good luck to both teams and no injuries.The cats do have a significant defensive player who is out for the year. Happened in the Central Crossing game. His replacement is doing a pretty good job but the loss has affected the pass rush which has been a strength this year IMO. Of course having Annis and Royer at LB can help hide that. I do hope the visitors concession stands to open sooner than 10 or 15 minutes before the start of the game....... : ) : )
Old 10-11-18, 01:09 PM
All World

Yes that's too bad , I saw the tape of the UA game on Storied , didn't see that player out there , speedy recovery to the young man . Coffman leading rusher out since the Jerome game, two talented secondary guys who are good against the run have been out for a week and a few weeks , not sure if they go this week . Obviously Drennan is talented enough to fill any offensive hole and has been the MVP of the team.

There is no reason not to have a huge crowd this week , going to be cool football weather on Friday.
Old 10-11-18, 03:56 PM
All District

yipyap is on a distinguished road
There arenít many games where Davidson gives up 30. Not this week either.
Old 10-11-18, 05:06 PM
All World

Week 8

Here we are in the home stretch with many quasi play-off games this week for either getting in or for getting a better seed . Some teams lose and they aren't going to the play-offs while others will need help if they lose. Some teams win this week they are IN with two weeks left.

I will start with a game I normally wouldn't and one that isn't one that will determine a possible making or missing of the play-offs . Both teams are in .

Davidson at Coffman LP Line DC - 3

Basic NFL like 3 point home field advantage ? Nah not that big a deal in HS football usually. There should be a big crowd for this one , it might even be a bit cold at some point in the game but that shouldn't deter the fans.

No play-off berth on the line but there is a OCC Central title on the line . Both programs take this seriously and it makes it a very important game along with the basic fact that it is an intense rivalry. A bit of a clash of cultures, although the demo's of the kids and the community make-up both politically { Leans fairly hard Republican in both places } and economically are not vastly different. { Coffman district does a higher per capita income but not a huge gap}.

This clash is more how the programs operate schematically and philosophically . Coffman is more new school , Davidson old school. Rocks have in the recent past actually have run the ball more than thrown it and this year is no exception. Cats have employed the same system since I have been watching them . Coffman will tweak things a bit according the personnel on hand. Cats just put the players they think best fit into the usual operating procedure.

Davidson doesn't have the same offensive line prowess the last few years they had in the past. This years group is very experienced and has 4-5 kids back who saw action or started full time last season. Center Backenstoe is the notable exception , he is at Army. They have a better running game in their all important metric of 'Staying on schedule" which is another way of saying 'yards per attempt. Still not up to more 'gold ' standard Davidson numbers but certainly improved.

The crux of their offense to me is making it ugly, makin git a street fight and wearing down their opponent. What do I think making it a street fight means in the Davidson football sense? Outnumbering the opponent in small areas so their ballcarrier can get 3-4 yards is a simple explanation. Getting lower , taking your opponent that you are fighting to the ground.

They outnumber their opponents by using double teams, motion, QB follows and alignment shifts late in the snap count. Winning street fights can be achieved by the two on one's , , getting the other teams guys on the ground and by just being tougher mentally and physically, another hallmark of the Davidson program . This years edition has thrown the ball more than I have ever seen them. Part this I believe is out of necessity because it helps the run game which is all they really want to do and would never pass if they didn't have to , by lessening the congestion in the box somewhat.

Coffman offense is one that many many teams employ now , one back with an occasional two back set 3-4 guys outside, may be a TE/ HB occasionally or full time based on what the team may do best with that years personnel. Throw 15- 30 times a game or even more by some teams. They want to feature one back to carry the bulk of the run game load and they want opponents defense to have to defend the whole field .

Both teams know each other well , have a lot of continuity in their staff's which has helped the programs stay strong and there is little mystery on what teams may do and how they want to try to do it.

I looked at two Davidson games that I think show their strengths and may be a possible weakness.

Liberty game was a good one for the passing game with 116 yards, last year they passed for over 100 on Coffman on only 3 completions, this one was done with 8 I believe. 6 first downs came via the passing game. They were held to just under 3.3 a rush , with no sack yardage added. They limited Liberty's run game , pretty much stopped it holding it to 75 yards .

They gave up 181 in the pass game on 15-21 passing . Punting was a problem for the Cats in both of these games something that might be a factor on Friday. Cats won by a point and a huge play was the 4th and long pass completion leading to the winning points .

Against PC they had only 205 yards and zero passing yards , but they stopped PC'S run game from getting going and while they did give up 122 passing yards much of it was on one big play for a TD [ 75 Yards ?}

They ran it for a solid 3.7 vs PC. I think Davidson wants to run the ball after not being able to against Coffman the last two games they have played vs them. They also want to stop the run, key on Drennan and not let them run this year after giving up over 150 yards last year to the Rocks on the ground.

Rocks want to once again force Davidson to defend the whole field { First game in 2016 they didn't, second game they did and it was very successful} 6 points the first game 24 the second} } as they did last year , mostly keeping it on the ground but mixing in some well timed screens and a quick look in pass over the middle to combat the run blitz .

Davidson as was noted lost a key defensive player on the D-Line that was their main pass rusher . Significant loss . Davidson if they are successful in limiting the run led by their excellent LB's and other quick tough defenders , will be defending the pass more. This means they need to get some pressure on the QB. Coffman O-line is big and they move better this year and they are stronger than this year's Davidson D-line physically. If they can't run, they should have enough time to pass I think.

Coffman has a small handful of walking wounded, , I am not sure of their availability and if all don't play they will be missed and will affect the team and the overall performance. Been without their starting RB for 4 weeks now , Drennan who will be the best football player on the field has obviously taken up the slack , but make no mistake the offense is more dangerous when Diallo is at RB 70 percent of the snaps and Drennan 30 percent and Drennan can be moved around the offensive board like a prized chess piece.

White is concerned about QB Brown's passing and running noting that he is bigger than most of his D-line and LB's and might have trouble taking him down. Notable that he didn't mention Drennan , but make no mistake the game plan will be to limit him and not have he be the guy that beats them .

Coffman has to watch # 3 Sweet's passing from halfback , as he ahs thrown from the wide sweep play design and the quick hand-off as well. He has a better arm it seems than the QB when it comes to the deep ball . He is their most versatile offensive player and dangerous. Hicks and Wilson are quick and can be dangerous running and out on pass plays, Rocks need to not get caught like they did last year on chunk pass plays .

Punting edge goes to Coffman as Mitchell has bene outstanding not only with his length and hang time but his placements inside the ten have been a real weapon. Field goals may play a big role and both Mitchell and Carrier have bigger legs and are among the best kickers in the area or larger area.

Strategy between these teams when going against each other is well known, I believe it will come down to the usual things. Rocks need to take care of the ball{ Fumbled on first play last year inside their 20} , not give up the big plays in the passing game they did last year and finish blocks on offense and win battles wearing them down and getting their athletes in space forcing the Cats to tackle them over and over again.

Cats need to convert their third and 4's and less consistently and a few 4th and shorts , keep the clock moving and playing field position { Punting must be better} tackle well in space if Rocks do what they should do on offense and wear down the Rocks mentally if they cannot physically .

We recounted the history of the series, , the nature of the programs , mentioned some of the match-ups and key dynamics , now it's time to say what I think the score will be.

Rocks 20 Cats 13 - Davidson can win here and might, but I think if special teams and turnovers are kind of a wash, the Rocks have an X-Factor or two may be. Drennan and their size and speed as a team and they have been in close games and pulled them out { Coffman program takes pride in not panicking and moving on after bad stretches and that has been the case} . There is a special feeling around this team . It isn't the best Coffman team I have seen , not the most experienced or most consistent. It has that certain competitiveness and spirit to it that makes it fun to follow them.

If Rocks cover post game plans disclosed tomorrow.
Old 10-11-18, 06:04 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerA View Post
Totally agree. Talent is, of course, very important. But it is NOT the end all and be all especially at the high school level. There is a lot to be said of GREAT coaching, team discipline, execution of a game plan, minimizing mistakes (especially turnovers) during the game and perseverance.

I know that for years Pickerington Central was oozing talent but had issues with numerous penalties, turnovers, lack of discipline. It wasn't till they got all those under control the last 3 or 4 years that they really took off at the state level and finally got that state title they've been striving years for.

Davidson certainly never had as much talent as almost any team they played on their way to those 2 state titles, but great defense, execution of coach White's game plan was able to overcome the talent disparity and get the job done.
Coaching definitely counts for plenty, look no further than Orange, who has shamefully under-performed these past 2 years despite having the best player in the USA and a few other kids who will play D1. If you can't develop the rest of the team to compliment your D1 players, the team can still be mediocre.
Old 10-11-18, 06:19 PM
All World

Kramer who do you like in the Braves - Patriots game? I will be offering thoughts on that tomorrow as usual but am
Leaning Patriots . Question is by more than 6 point Pasteur line?
Old 10-11-18, 08:50 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
I don't understand Liberty's game last week vs South and haven't heard details about it. Early in the season, their defense was capable of controlling 2 very good offenses in PickN and Glenville (they lost because of their offense, not their defense), but the score against South last week is an extreme form reversal.

Tangy had the game handed to them last week as opposed to them winning it, and I'm not convinced at all they are better than Orange or Liberty, but it is HS and sometimes crazy things happen.

It would seem both offenses are likely to have some success, so the game likely comes down to turnovers and penalties. If Liberty finds their early season defense, I would expect them to cover that spread, but not sure if they have injuries now or what is going on.
Old 10-12-18, 05:16 AM
All World

Week 8 cont.

Olentangy at Liberty - LP Line Liberty - 5

Do or die for Tangy who needs to win out . They run what I call the shiny object offense,. they don't just line up , the kids go where they need to go and wait for the snap. They shift and move more than most any team you see. They avert your eyes , make you roam where you shouldn't and try to get you flat footed if only for a half second , which is the difference between a completion or say a small hole for the running back to get through.

Liberty plays it more straight and they have a very capable QB who can run and throw well. He is also a good baseball player and plays hoops? A three sport guy is harder to find now . I don't count the kid who runs track in the spring as much as it is often just a way to stay in shape . A lot of us played three back in the day . Now not so much. Sammy Sass of UA is another one, Marcus Ernst Coffman's QB1 last year played three and is at Ohio State playing baseball. He didn't get much court time in hoops though as Coffman has a handful of real 'Basketball players only ". OK I got off track here as I tend to do . Liberty got off to an embarrassing start vs the talented but don't finish well Ibbies of Westy South. Impressive to be down three Td's and win though. Tangy played a barnburner that went to OT vs. Orange and got the win when Orange went for 2 and missed.

That makes that a wash in terms of expended physical and mental energy . When in doubt in these types of games where you see no real edge, ? Grab points ?

Liberty 24 Olentangy 21 - I am going to break tradition here and I have no other place in the Lewis center area I want to go with potential winnings. Last night the wife and I hit the Liberty tavern in Powell for a couple beers. I will greatly recommend the Graeters Pumpkin Pie , October is al about Pumpkin and this beer is outstanding. Taste so good you drink it a little too quickly if not careful. Kind of like that old Nestle's Quik Ad ? 'You can't drink it slow" ? The flavor is that great .

Went slower on my second and last one. We didn't eat, there though. The Cousins Lobster truck was parked in front of the Daily Growler which we knew and we took home lobster rolls and chowder . Not cheap but so tasty . I will go back to the L-Tavern if the Solis boys cover and have another Graters Pumpkin then ask for straight water and order the Buttermilk Fried chicken which comes with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. Can you say Comfort?
Old 10-12-18, 05:40 AM
All World

Week 8 cont.

Gahanna at Lancaster - LP Line GL - 2

Saw the Lions up close in week 2. They were fairly solid, not as big up front as the year before and they weren't that big then, and No Karter Johnson whose family decided to move before his Senior year and poor Karter had to leave friends for his last year with a scholly already in his hand and head to the ditch to play his last year . Seeing how Gahanna has progressed as the season has gone on , you have to think how good they may be if Lowery and Johnson didn't head to Pickerington for their season seasons . ??

Justus Harris is still there though and he is as good as it gets from the RB position in this area. Not big but thick and strong runs low to the ground has moves and doesn't go down easily . D-1 kid , against Coffman he didn't tear it up on the ground because there wasn't a lot of room . He did return a kick for a score and ran hard despite not having many creases to get going.

Lenkuuster probably rues the 14-13 loss to Darby who seems to win just enough of those types of games to make the play-offs the last couple years after getting in more comfortably in years past . Anyway the Gaels are a good football team. They run it a majority of the time but have a QB who can throw it well and a few kids who can catch it and then run with it . HUGE win vs PC, local folks talk about the 'Fair " week which has meant that the Gaels are usually a bit flat on Friday . The Lions got themselves a HUGE win vs R-burg 10-7 which basically punched their ticket to participate in week 11 . Lions need 5-5 to make it. Gaels have no choice but to win here. I think that is the difference ultimately and that home field which should be bustling off of the PC win .

Gaels 27 Lions 20 - Gaels run it well here ? eat clock a bit , and Gahanna has a good passing game but not great, so I think the Gaels play well enough in the back 4 or 5 to not give up huge points here.

Lancaster eateries and drinkeries { Yes made up word} ? I have nada, the null set, no freaking clue. So again I go to the team who doesn't covers area and keep it simple and go to one of the favorites the Rusty Bucket and share the Bucket bites and order a Codwich sandwich washed down with A couple Sam Adams Ocktoberfest 's
Old 10-12-18, 09:11 AM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Harry.

As far as RB goes for Davidson,Hicks may not get any carries.
Unfortunately there are major ball security issues with him. After the fumble against PC in OT,he did not even get a touch the next game against Central Crossing.He got a few touches last week in the second half but coughed it up again.No margin for error in this game so I believe number 4 will be getting his carries and would not be too surprised to see number 26 who plays in the secondary, be a decoy for inside runs.If he does touch the ball which I suspect he will a few times, he will try to get the corner as he is the fastest player on the team.
Old 10-12-18, 09:25 AM
All World

Yeah fumbles can land you in the doghouse pretty quick especially at Davidson . I have a doghouse" story from high school A good friend and baseball teammate{ And football backfield mate} of mine dropped a ball in Center field and then failed to call a shallow fly ball behind second base . I can still picture it as I was playing second base , he ran in and our shortstop not hearing the call went out and they almost collided. My friend caught the ball , but coach was son incensed about the near collision he took him out of Center field the next inning and he never made it back until the week before the tournament . That was about a month from then. He did hit as he became may be the most athletic DH in the state .

Coach was 'Old school" and we lost that game by one run against our rival . Cost us the outright league title which we shared with them . That drop cost us 2 runs in a 5-4 loss . Coach won 525 ballgames in his career and is a hall of famer, but that was harsh.
Old 10-12-18, 09:52 AM
All World

Week 8 cont.

WS Ibbies at Westy North - LP Line Ibbies - 6

Both teams are reeling a bit . IB'S have lost 4 straight and Westy N 4 of 5 . South had a 3 TD lead in the first half and a 2 score lead at the break. Things kind of went 'South" { See what I did there?} from there . South has some good players but aren't a wining program at this point . Non winning programs do some things well. Chiefly they find ways to 'LOSE" games . North has lost their last two games by an average of 39 points. This is a series that is competitive lately from a score standpoint only, as the Ibbies have won 11 straight .

I see this one as competitive, , a hunch that may be like I correctly predicted in the Orange - Olentangy game that weird stuff will happen and the game will stay close or become close. Did that make sense? Not really but I am reminded for an odd reason which is telling in how my weird brain works , of the legendary John Bender from Shermer High in the Chicago suburbs brilliantly describing to his fellow detention attendees that there are 'Two kinds of fat people", " Those who were born fat and those who were once thin but became fat" .

Bender who once got a carton of cigarettes for Christmas { Smoke up Johnny} was a wise man indeed.

I Will go back to the North well and hope that the game remains competitive .

Ibbies 31 North 27 - Should I go somewhere Healthy to pay homage to Bender's detention mate Brian Johnson who brought a very nutritious lunch where all the major food groups were represented which Bender adroitly pointed out ? NAH , if WN covers the 6 I head to a excellent family run pizza /Italian place on Sunbury road , Antonio's . We know the next generation of the family that owns it and has run it . Long history here and good food and atmosphere.

I will have some cheesy breadsticks which are excellent , may be the Chicken Parm dinner { Salads are very good} but I could also opt for the All the way pizza which I have had a few slices of and it is delicious.
Old 10-12-18, 11:05 AM
All World

Just lost a whole post that was pretty good , WOW just disappeared , space went blank oh well .

Week 8 cont.

DeSales at Hartley LP Line BH-2

SFD needs the win like blood . They are in the same exact scenario as last year when they lost by Two points to this team in this very week that caused them to miss the play-offs{ Winton Woods was too strong after this loss}

Hartley is basically in the play-offs win or lose they only need 6-4 . DeSales is led by a kid who runs throws tackles rips tickets, leads a cheer once a half, carries flags , crushes baseballs and can leap over defenders in less than a single bound . Joey Velasquez is the straw that stirs everyone's drink , probably Prom king , top hall monitor , part time guidance counselor and the modern day Doug Simpson . Who is Simpson ? Famed Westdale High Big man on campus is who.. Once had a one off date with the beautiful Marcia Brady . Brady had a rough week getting hit ibn the nose from a football thrown by her brother 'Scoop Brady " who once played youth football in his Levi's.

Anyway as big a man as Doug Simpson was , Joey V is even bigger . Joey actually lifts weights , Simpson was kind of a wimp really and once used and got away with breaking a date by saying 'Something suddenly came up" and didn't have to say what that was. I once tried that and was asked What CAME UP? within one half of one second. I wasn't nearly cool enough to pull that one off.

Anyway , DeSales will have to get a full day's work from Mr. V.They do not want a repeat of last year. They win ? They are in basically. Hartley has room for error. Their margin is not as tight.

Hartley is led by the legendary if not a tad self important Bradley Burchfield . { Uh Oh My veritas is coming} . Burchfield proclaimed on the This weeks podcast preview of Week 8 that Hartley was unequivocally the 'BEST" and most successful program in CO . Or is has been since he got there anyway. Saint Bradley cited state titles , play-off success and of course being the top Rural farming community schools nemesis for the first 8 years of his tenure . Beat those top programs like a drum with an average win margin over 30 points? Or was it 27 ? Is there a difference? THEY DOMIANTED. Getting better more talented guys with each passing year it seems. Success brings more success. Burchfield built this program from a single piece of wood over a decade ago.

The only other instance of this dynamic that I can recall is when Multi Millionaire Kevin Rawley built an altar for an outdoor wedding from a single piece of lumber. At least that's what he told Gaylord Focker , the new boyfriend of his EX girlfriend Pammy {Cakes} Burns . I think it took Burchfield longer than the 70 hours it took Rawley though.

Focker, tragically burned down the over lacquered Altar with his ciggy butt that he failed to fully put out and caused an electrical fire . Burchfield better not let Gaylord Focker anywhere near his program is all I can say .

In a game that Velasquez plays the role of Superman { Playing QB now ? Either he is that much of a stud or the back-ups can't play at all ?? } DeSales takes care of business barely and getting two points may come in handy ?

SFD Velasquezes 22 Bishop Burchfield Hawks 21

I will head towards Morse road near DeSales and not go to a restaurant which I have never done there , but grab some homemade spicy Italian sausage and may be some beef tenderloin from Carfangna's market
Old 10-12-18, 01:21 PM
All World

Week 8 cont.

Upper Arlington at Marysville - LP line UA - 1

UA is banged up on offense , their defense did a very nice job last week vs Davidson limiting them to only 10 offensive points { Punt return was another score} and M-Ville runs a different system but it very ground and pound like themselves. M-Ville is a good team, could have beaten Coffman if a couple things broke differently . They did give up 400 yards to the Rocks but only 17 points in regulation . UA with their injuries is not going to get 400 yards , but they could get 17 in regulation and it could be enough .

UA has to run the table and that means winning tonight and in week 10 beating Coffman who they always play very well. The crux of that is the Bears would then make the play-offs and probably go right back to Coffman road for another match-up in week 11. that's not their concern right now though, it's Marysville who can play with them and has play-off designs of their own. M-Ville can lose another game and still get in { 74 percent chance} but Davidson still looms next week, so I think they are really gearing up to get it done tonight .

UA is good enough vs. the run to win , but can their offense do the job to get the W? Louie Nailed this one , it is a real tossup. I would never play this game with my man or even a London corner book, but it's an interesting game and one that I really think can go either way. If Sass was available ? Easier call but I am going to stick with the Bears here in a very tight game. Taking the UNDER HERE

UA 17 M-Ville 13

If Bears stay alive for the play-offs as I think they will , I go Hudson 29 kitchen and Drink where I have only gone for lunch . I get the Grilled salmon again with a side of Tomatoes and Feta cheese .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-12-18 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-12-18, 02:13 PM
All World

Just had another post go floating in the ether , gone like 3 farts in the wind before I could send it so I don't have time to write it again . I have some thoughts that I will share that were included in the lost post that I will write next week. It was a write-up of the Jerome Bradley game so I will just say the score and eschew the restaurant part on this one as well

Bradley - 8 Jerome - Bradley 27 Jerome 17 Bradley covers the Louie Line
Old 10-12-18, 02:49 PM
All World

Week 8 cont.

One of the things I mentioned in the Jerome write -up that vanished was that for the Country Clubbers it is a straight up play-off game, they have two games left after the Bradley game tonight that they will win { Berlin, Kilbourne} and that would get them in .

Orange at Westy Central - LP Line WC- 10 -

Again Orange is basically playing a play-off game tonight , they probably lost their chance at the play-offs with that OT loss to Olentangy . They are still breathing though. WC is basically in , they can lose two more and are likely very likely in . Motivations different? Of course they are , BUT WC is better , I contemplated taking Jerome with the 8 points and I didn't thinking that Bradley is a step up , they are playing very well and have a bit too much. In this one I do believe Orange can hang for a while and will be emptying it out?

Tough loss though last week will they give up if the tide starts going out on their play-off chances ? Another game I wouldn't bet with that former great OSU QB from Miami Trace HS in Washington Courthouse's money. But another interesting game I will take a shot at .

Westy C 27 Orange 20 - Pioneers get a backdoor cover ? Do they hang in for the duration? This is a hunch in a tough game to call . I will say that orange will go to the mat and give it a go, it won't be enough but they hang in . And oh yeah they have a kid named Harrison .

No post game celebration as the Pioneers have much more work to do and I have run out of places in that area? May be a bit of both .
Old 10-12-18, 03:03 PM
All World

Week 8 cont.

PC - PN AT Gahanna - LP Line PC - 8

Love the banter between the brothers, good smack talk , now a kid stole some pizza and the other side is waiting to see what the punishment will be?

Gotta love it . PC is more physical up front , North LB Ben Johnson is questionable and he is a big key. Him going out in the second quarter of the Coffman helped the Rocks run game no question which they started going downhill in the second half . PC blew a game last week they should have had . Throwing a pass in that spot was a brain fart of the highest magnitude . I think they were trying to rub it in a bit there , stretch out the score when the only opponent that mattered at that point was the clock .

PC has a stout D-Line that will stop the run , not that PN likes to run much. Lowery will throw it close to 40 times here. PC is rebuilding with some younger players in two areas especially, the O-line and the secondary? They aren't all young but there have been some growing .

Fortunate to win the Davidson game , should have won the game they lost . So may be it was fate? I know they feel they had the DAVIDSON GAME ALL ALONG , LOL but they didn't , it took some doing from Davidson that made it happen [Punt problems and then the fumble in OT}

PN likewise blew that game two weeks ago vs R-Burg. Coffman legitimately beat them , but they didn't give up and almost came back . They will throw and keep throwing until they can't throw it anymore.

PC will yield some plays but I think they get the W here by running the bal and Crenshaw makes some plays down the stretch to ensure the win .

PC 31 PN 21 SMALL COVER .
Old 10-12-18, 03:11 PM
All World

Gotta run so no more games , just 9 this wee as I am a bit behind my 10 a week rate . 36-23 going in a bit over 60 percent vs the Louie Line , I will get to the 90 plays after 9 weeks of battle vs the Line .

Excited for the game tonight, if in doubt whether to go or not? GO , lets see a big home crowd tonight to support al the hard work the kids put I . this is an exciting game for them . Rocks need to play fast and be focused. Finish blocks and grind them paly after play. Use the talent you were given and make plays .

Watch onside kicks { 2015 game one turned the tide big time } fake punts { 2016 one was backbreaker} and the halfback pass{ One last year go them back in the game }

Don't be predictable, take some shots, nothing to be conservative about here fellas and staff. You are in the play-offs, enjoy this play hard and fast. Good luck fellas . Good luck and health to all .
Old 10-12-18, 03:56 PM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Hope you are wrong on the UA-Marysville game as I think the home crowd will keep the Monarchs energized to pull out the win. Since coach Johnson took over last year have not won the close one. Need to do that tonight to make a run at the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-18, 04:19 PM
All World

Good luck blue pride it should be a good one.

Rocks if you win the toss don’t defer . Don’t give them a shot at making you wait a long time to get the ball for the first time
Old 10-12-18, 11:38 PM
Varsity

DavidsonWC is on a distinguished road
Damn...

I didn't go to the Davidson-Coffman game because from the weather radar it looked like it was going to pour the entire time...

But it really only drizzled where I was...here in Hilliard.
I assume it was the same up in Dublin.

So, I followed the play by play on my computer...

Coffman received the ball first and started at their own 20 yard-line.
The computer streaming said they moved it to their own 29 yard-line where it was 3rd and 1.
They got stuffed.
And they went for it on 4th and 1.
Stuffed again...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!
WHAT KIND OF BRAIN-DEAD COACH...AFTER PLAYING FOR FULL MINUTE AND A HALF INTO THE GAME...GOES FOR IT ON FOURTH AND ONE...FROM THEIR OWN 29 YARDLINE...NO LESS!!!

WITH COACHING LIKE THAT, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!
IF I WAS A COFFMAN FAN...I'D BE RIDING THAT GUY OUT ON A RAIL!!!

OF COURSE...DAVIDSON MARCHED IT RIGHT IN FROM THE COFFMAN 29.

BLAME THIS LOSS ON THE COFFMAN COACH!!!
YOU CAN'T GIVE AWAY ANY POINTS TO THE CATS!!!

Coffman responded with a touchdown drive of their own.

But...for the rest of the game...it was pretty much a beatdown by the Cats.

Davidson punted 4 times and converted on one fourth down.
Coffman only punted twice...but they failed 3 out of 4 times on fourth down attempts.

Still way too many penalties.
During Coffman's touchdown drive there was a 3rd and 12 yards incomplete pass.
Davidson committed a dead ball personal foul after this play ended...15 yards first down sustaining the drive...terrible!!!
Offensive holding on Davidson's first series of their next drive...10 yards...resulting in a punt.
In the fourth quarter...after stopping Coffman on fourth down...Davidson has a false start on 1st and 10...leading to a punt.
Another defensive personal foul at 2:00 minutes left in the game.

By all rights...the Cats should be undefeated at this point.
The last-minute meltdown against Pickerington Central was inexcusable.

As usual...good defense tonight by the Cats...

And for a change...the Cat's had a great punting game.
A total of 4 punts for a 42.3 yard average.

And, if I’m not mistaken..Tiger Alum posted that the Cat’s running back, Jordan Hicks, my not get any carries tonight...
Well...LOL!!!

Ahem!!!...#7 Jordan Hicks had a great running night!!!
He carried only 2 times in the first half...once for 3 yards and once for a 2 yard touchdown.

Then in the second half, Jordan Hicks was a beast!!!

At one point in the third quarter, he carried the ball 4 times in a row for 6, 9, 9, and 5 yards...getting two successive first downs.
Then on the 3rd play of the 4th quarter...he broke a long one for 38 yards.
Then with 3:18 left in the game he carried the next 3 plays for 4 yards, 19 yards, and 2 yards for the final touchdown...24-7.

Jordan Hick's had a total of 14 runs for 103 yards...at a 7.4 per carry average...AND ALL THREE TOUCHDOWNS!!!

To quote George C. Scott...Jordan Hicks ran through the Rocks, like crap through a goose!!!

But...no tears need to be shed for Coffman.
Because of the Regional realignment, Coffman is practically a shoe-in for a Final-Four spot.
That is...if they don’t play like they played tonight...

Coffman is now in Region 2
Teams in Region 2 have lost a lot of games as compared to Region 3.

Here are the Region 2 Rankings, as compiled after tonight’s results:
#1 7-1 Reynoldsburg
#2 7-1 Dublin Coffman
#3 4-4 Gahanna
#4 5-3 Olentangy Liberty
#5 4-4 Westerville Central
#6 6-2 Toledo Whitmer
#7 6-2 Delaware Hayes
#8 5-3 Olentangy Orange
#9 4-4 Toledo Start
#10 4-4 Upper Arlington
#11 3-5 Dublin Jerome

Now here is Region 3:
#1 7-1 Hilliard Davidson
#2 7-1 Pickerington Central
#3 7-1 Northmont
#4 7-1 Springfield
#5 7-1 Hilliard Bradley
#6 6-2 Kettering Fairmont
#7 6-2 Miamisberg
#8 6-2 Wayne
#9 5-3 Pickerington North
#10 5-3 Lancaster
#11 6-2 Hilliard Darby

For Coffman, I'd say Reynoldsburg and Liberty are their biggest challengers
For Davidson, I'd say it's Pick Central and Bradley.

Pick Central definitely has the athletes and horses when you look at both regions.
Old 10-13-18, 12:28 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Hey hairy, Dumblin Coughman sucks azz
Old 10-13-18, 01:18 AM
All World

It did more than drizzle . And you never seem to post until after a win , crickets the two games before . Had a couple nice riuns . Two scoring drives started inside the 30 and one inside the 45 . Crap goose quote again ? Saw that quote in 7-6 win in 2016 , playoff game three weeks later? 24 -3 With Davidson gaining nothing you didn’t seem to post . Last year ? Again no post .
Old 10-13-18, 01:37 AM
All World

Yardage was even , Coffman ran more plays and had more first downs . Punter was excellent Coffman is bad on 4th and shirt and shouldn’t have gone inside their 30’ at the start of the game . 7-7 Coffman stuffs them on the first drive of the second half gets the ball near mid field gets s first down then on second down the exchange and hand off / fake ends up on the ground and in the scramble to get it it ends up in Coffman territory( 20 extra yards ) where Davidson gets it in a pile of about 10 people. Game changer .

Davidson played excellent defense giving up a but over 200 yards ( that’s all they got themselves but their drives were short on average and they finished them )

Hopefully Coffman gets running back and talented guys on defense who didn’t play back soon they have been missed and were last night. Well deserved win and disappointing performance by Coffman . Turnovers on downs and two other turnovers and Davidson finishing when getting short field were the keys. Coffman had trouble on 4th and shirts vs. Marysville as well . Hicks and punter share players of the game to me . More thoughts in the morning , fell asleep early tonight and woke up ,back to sleep now
Old 10-13-18, 01:55 AM
Varsity

DavidsonWC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
It did more than drizzle . And you never seem to post until after a win , crickets the two games before . Had a couple nice riuns . Two scoring drives started inside the 30 and one inside the 45 . Crap goose quote again ? Saw that quote in 7-6 win in 2016 , playoff game three weeks later? 24 -3 With Davidson gaining nothing you didn’t seem to post . Last year ? Again no post .
Hey Harry,

Just rattling your cage a bit...a bit of friendly trolling...

Sounds like it rained harder than I imagined.
Probably best that I stayed indoors.

Oh...and I certainly did post two weeks ago after the Pick Central loss...
In fact, it was a rather lengthy post.

This Coffman loss was a lot like the Davidson loss to PC.
Turnovers kill.
The Davidson loss was even a harder pill to swallow...completely blowing the game in the final two minutes.

I hope both teams do well in the playoffs.

The teams won't see each other again unless they make it into the final 4.
On second thought, the only way the teams would see each other again would be in the state championship game.

I think that's a rather remote possibility, especially for Davidson...who'd probably have to make it past PC.
Too much talent and athleticism.

I think Coffman has a better shot...

Coffman vs Pick Central in the State Finals.
Wouldn't that be something...

I hate PC and PN...so you know who I'd be rooting for...

Last edited by DavidsonWC; 10-13-18 at 02:10 AM.