Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-18, 06:11 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 607
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Time to eat crow

Are any of you Buckeye fans and others who said Alabama didn't deserve to be in the CFP ready to eat your crow? Those who dogged there schedule ready to eat crow? Roll Tide.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-09-18, 06:20 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,859
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Are any of you Buckeye fans and others who said Alabama didn't deserve to be in the CFP ready to eat your crow? Those who dogged there schedule ready to eat crow? Roll Tide.
If Saban didn't have a passing QB in his back pocket - one that UGA didn't gameplan for, btw - The Tide would have been absolutely embarrassed.

Hats off to the Hawaiian lefty, and condolences to Jalen Hurts' college career. Darth Saban just obliterated it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-18, 06:36 PM
PGEMF PGEMF is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-20-03
Posts: 906
PGEMF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Are any of you Buckeye fans and others who said Alabama didn't deserve to be in the CFP ready to eat your crow? Those who dogged there schedule ready to eat crow? Roll Tide.
What does this have to do with high school football?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-18, 06:47 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
If Saban didn't have a passing QB in his back pocket - one that UGA didn't gameplan for, btw - The Tide would have been absolutely embarrassed.

Hats off to the Hawaiian lefty, and condolences to Jalen Hurts' college career. Darth Saban just obliterated it.
Hurts had little to no NFL future at QB, this is his opportunity to pull a Braxton Miller and move to a new position where he can help the team.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-18, 06:55 PM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 8,293
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGEMF View Post
What does this have to do with high school football?
ditto THIS!!!!

Take it here.... http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdis...sprune=30&f=17

:>----

SALT
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-18, 07:02 PM
Cali_Eagle Cali_Eagle is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-29-16
Posts: 489
Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Division 1-AA (I don't use the new designations) has what? 32 playoff teams? Division 1-A should have at least 16 but I'd settle for 8. And the non-major schools of 1-A should form their own division and have their own playoffs & a National Championship Game.

The idea of Akron or (Insert any non-major here) even making the D-1A playoff field, let alone winning the National Title is totally ludicrous. It will NEVER ever happen. So what kind of a "Division" is it when the gulf between an OSU or Alabama and a Buffalo or (Insert your favorite non-major here) is so vast a moon rocket couldn't span it?

My idea of a Division is something where at least in THEORY all teams should be more or less having an equal chance to make the playoff. It's easy each season to list 70 (maybe even more) teams that haven't got a prayer of making the D-1A playoff field (even if some of them go 12-0 or 11-1) without ever being wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-18, 07:12 PM
Hammerdrill Hammerdrill is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-28-13
Posts: 1,762
Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
So by your logic Peter, the teams that did not win, didn't belong there? So Clemson and OU shouldn't have been in there, because they lost. 2 teams from the same conference should never be allowed in, and if you want to do that, they need to play each other in the first round.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-18, 07:16 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,859
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Hurts had little to no NFL future at QB, this is his opportunity to pull a Braxton Miller and move to a new position where he can help the team.
Thanks!!




Hence the obit for his college career.

Receiver or safety ?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-18, 07:49 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Why would it be an "obit" for his college career?

It's a new beginning with a potentially brighter future long term.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-18, 08:21 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,351
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Take this thread elsewhere. And RRR with your cousins / siblings.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-18, 11:00 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,474
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
If Saban didn't have a passing QB in his back pocket - one that UGA didn't gameplan for, btw - The Tide would have been absolutely embarrassed.

Hats off to the Hawaiian lefty, and condolences to Jalen Hurts' college career. Darth Saban just obliterated it.
I highly doubt Kirby Smart didn't game plan for Tau. Saban all but said for the last week that he was going to get him some playing time.

To say Hurts college career is over is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. If anything I'd say he may be the hottest name in college football. Especially how he handled himself after the game. His options are limitless. 1) He can stay at Bama and continue to play QB though his playing time may be limited. 2)He could decide to stay at Bama and switch positions while also providing trick play potential. 3) He could decide to transfer and there's not a program in America that wouldn't love to have him. Sit next year (red shirt) and have two years left

I'd say he'll be just fine
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-18, 11:01 PM
The Dock The Dock is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-10
Location: Granville Pike
Posts: 1,471
The Dock is on a distinguished road
Evidently you can’t read, or just don’t know what the “College Football” forum is for, if you’re talking about this in the “high school” section.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-11-18, 11:48 AM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Location: Galena, Ohio
Posts: 657
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Evidently you can’t read, or just don’t know what the “College Football” forum is for, if you’re talking about this in the “high school” section.
Dock....... Petieboy cant read. He's illiterate, vindictive and knows nothing about HS FOOTBALL, Your basic village idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-11-18, 02:38 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,871
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Are any of you Buckeye fans and others who said Alabama didn't deserve to be in the CFP ready to eat your crow? Those who dogged there schedule ready to eat crow? Roll Tide.
just because you win the thing doesn't mean you 'deserved' to be there.

osu winning in 2014 didn't make them any more deserved than tcu or baylor. just meant they were given a chance

all teams want is a chance

having only 4 spots generally robs at least 1 team of that chance
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-11-18, 03:15 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 607
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Dock....... Petieboy cant read. He's illiterate, vindictive and knows nothing about HS FOOTBALL, Your basic village idiot.
Thatsz the mostest flattering thang yous severe siad bouts mez
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-11-18, 03:59 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Dock....... Petieboy cant read. He's illiterate, vindictive and knows nothing about HS FOOTBALL, Your basic village idiot.
You want to see a REAL village idiot? Go to the Louisville thread, there's a guy on there making suggestions about their coaching position. Ironically he's a moderator on the Massillon site that....on a daily basis....drags Nate Moore and his familys names through the mud.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-11-18, 04:40 PM
King Arthur King Arthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Posts: 1,123
King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
And OSU had no business being anywhere near the playoffs. Overrated as usual.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-11-18, 05:22 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,427
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
You want to see a REAL village idiot? Go to the Louisville thread, there's a guy on there making suggestions about their coaching position. Ironically he's a moderator on the Massillon site that....on a daily basis....drags Nate Moore and his familys names through the mud.
A daily basis? A stretch there my friend. There aren't 10 posts a day on there right now and of those NONE have been about Coach for at least a few weeks. I should know. A couple a day are mine.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-11-18, 06:07 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,419
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Hurts had little to no NFL future at QB, this is his opportunity to pull a Braxton Miller and move to a new position where he can help the team.
loudmouth BO scarbough is leaving the team....Jalen can become that BIG running back....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-11-18, 06:10 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,419
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Ohio State would of blasted TCU. They beat Wisconsin 59-0 for the Big 10
Championship to be the #4 seed. They faced all 3 heisman finalists the last 3 games. Alabama would of beat TCU in 2014. TCU struggled vs Minnesota that season. They won too many close games that could of went either way. The Big 12 was very weak that year.

Michigan State, with two losses (Oregon and Ohio State), beat Baylor. Baylor was ranked higher than TCU and deserved to be #5. Ohio State destroyed Michigan State. JT Barrett threw all over them.
find out next year...the Bucks going to Dallas to start a HOME andHOME series with TCU......just wish Saban had the NUTS to come up noth and ply a Home and Home series with ANYBODY.....Central Fla put out the call in a BILLBOARD yesterday to play a Home and Home with BAMA.....
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-11-18, 06:11 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,419
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I highly doubt Kirby Smart didn't game plan for Tau. Saban all but said for the last week that he was going to get him some playing time.

To say Hurts college career is over is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. If anything I'd say he may be the hottest name in college football. Especially how he handled himself after the game. His options are limitless. 1) He can stay at Bama and continue to play QB though his playing time may be limited. 2)He could decide to stay at Bama and switch positions while also providing trick play potential. 3) He could decide to transfer and there's not a program in America that wouldn't love to have him. Sit next year (red shirt) and have two years left

I'd say he'll be just fine
not as a QB....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-11-18, 07:28 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Location: Galena, Ohio
Posts: 657
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Thatsz the mostest flattering thang yous severe siad bouts mez
Peter Cottontail... have you no originality... I donít butcher the English language. Youíre the master at English ď butcherdomĒ. Hey mods, isnít creative material protected around here. Peter the Plageriser is stealing others ideas and creative thought. Come on DickDragon.... come up with your own ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-11-18, 08:18 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
A daily basis? A stretch there my friend. There aren't 10 posts a day on there right now and of those NONE have been about Coach for at least a few weeks. I should know. A couple a day are mine.
Wow, they gave him a break for "a few weeks?" How nice. When does the relentless attack begin again?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-11-18, 08:29 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,427
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Wow, they gave him a break for "a few weeks?" How nice. When does the relentless attack begin again?
LOL. Probably a month before football season. You know the drill.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-11-18, 11:12 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,410
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
If New England kept getting a 'do-over' every time they lost in the playoffs, odds are they'd win the title. This is no different. The regular season should mean something. Alabama and Auburn had their eight league games to determine who qualify for the conference championship. In the final game of the regular season, Auburn qualifies in their play on the field. Alabama does not. Sucks to be Alabama. But, that should have disqualified them from advancing any further. Giving them a 'do-over' is ridiculous. If a pitcher throws a bad pitch, but he's a really good pitcher, is it right to let him throw another ball instead of accepting what happened?

That's life. What the committee was saying, basically, was your 3 or 4 non-conference games are so vastly more important than your conference games. Because there, losing didn't matter. But beating Mercer. That mattered. Ohio State loses to Oklahoma. That mattered.

The season should be an elimination process.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-12-18, 05:51 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,427
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
If New England kept getting a 'do-over' every time they lost in the playoffs, odds are they'd win the title. This is no different. The regular season should mean something. Alabama and Auburn had their eight league games to determine who qualify for the conference championship. In the final game of the regular season, Auburn qualifies in their play on the field. Alabama does not. Sucks to be Alabama. But, that should have disqualified them from advancing any further. Giving them a 'do-over' is ridiculous. If a pitcher throws a bad pitch, but he's a really good pitcher, is it right to let him throw another ball instead of accepting what happened?

That's life. What the committee was saying, basically, was your 3 or 4 non-conference games are so vastly more important than your conference games. Because there, losing didn't matter. But beating Mercer. That mattered. Ohio State loses to Oklahoma. That mattered.

The season should be an elimination process.
I agree for the most part. The only part I don't agree with is the Ohio State analogy because of this. Ohio State losing to Oklahoma didn't matter. Ohio State losing, actually getting blown out by Iowa ultimately DID matter. Agree?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-12-18, 12:30 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,410
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I agree for the most part. The only part I don't agree with is the Ohio State analogy because of this. Ohio State losing to Oklahoma didn't matter. Ohio State losing, actually getting blown out by Iowa ultimately DID matter. Agree?
To an extent. But would the committee have left a one loss Ohio State if the only los was a blowout to Iowa?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-12-18, 12:55 PM
Mathews99 Mathews99 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-08-03
Location: Vienna, Oh
Posts: 742
Mathews99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Are any of you Buckeye fans and others who said Alabama didn't deserve to be in the CFP ready to eat your crow? Those who dogged there schedule ready to eat crow? Roll Tide.
Don't see the point in your post, 'Bama still did not belong there, and no matter what they did, will change that...

Plain and simple, common sense, their schedule did not match up to anyone elses and should not have gotten in, Maybe everyone else should just play YSU all year, kinda what 'Bama did and got in.

Take your crow and choke on it...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-12-18, 01:00 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,427
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
To an extent. But would the committee have left a one loss Ohio State if the only los was a blowout to Iowa?
Now that's an interesting question. Conference loss, blow-out, fairly late in the season. Hmmm. Don't know the answer to that one.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-12-18, 02:54 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
To an extent. But would the committee have left a one loss Ohio State if the only los was a blowout to Iowa?
Unless the committee was FOS from the beginning with their, "razor thin margin" stuff. Remember, it was a supposed toss up with them and the Toothless Tide....and that was with the Okla. Loss AND the Iowa blowout. If you're simply taking the Okla. Loss away, maybe, maybe not, if you're replacing it with a win Vs the sooners then they absolutely get in.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva One Who Knows General Board 6837 12-14-18 10:21 AM
My 2017 Final list of teams seen in person(A NEW HIGH) LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 27 12-09-17 12:33 PM
Itís time to Crimson and Black Football 1 12-02-17 07:47 AM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
2017 football (my log/so far) LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 34 10-16-17 06:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz