Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-12-18, 11:38 AM
Moderated User

Sperling23 is on a distinguished road
Baker Mayfield and Colin Cowherd - How big are football players?

https://www.collegefootballtoday.org...baker-mayfield
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-18, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
It doesn't say who wrote the article and speculating that Colin Cowherd said something about undersized players as the reason for the article.

Generally, should wait until a players has played some regular season games before claiming they are great.
Old 08-12-18, 03:23 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Tell that to Colin,who will be ragging on Mayfield all season. It's personal.

Old 08-12-18, 03:53 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road

Here is a thought, don't listen to him

Watched the video; he didn't like the Browns selection as the 1st pick and he stated the obvious that Mayfield was playing against 2's and the other team wasn't scheming against his skill set.

Overreaction by Browns fans.

Last edited by Termite2; 08-12-18 at 04:31 PM..
Old 08-12-18, 04:35 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Cowherd is what he is ... a semi smart blow hard who really doesn’t know sports ... he is really good at having weak stats fit his narrative ... like his example about Mayfield against the Giants starters going 3 and out ... did he mention that it was mostly the Browns #2s, no ... did he mention the Browns were on their own 10, no ... did he mention that the Browns ran the ball on 2 out of 3 downs, for one yard, no ... Cowherd needs to use weak stats make his original assertion, that Mayfield should not have been the #1 pick ... which I agreed with ... but the difference between me and him ... I hope I was wrong ... and I will give it time to play out ... while Mayfield would not have been my pick, it was not like they took some clown that wasn’t even going to be a top 10 pick ... at worse he would have gone somewhere in the first 5 to 7 picks ... he should change his name to Colin Blowhard ... the way he has absolutely kiss the Lakers, LeBron, and Magics butt is downright sickening!
Old 08-12-18, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Cowherd going all in on the failure of Mayfield. Been that way since day one.
Give Mayfield credit for fielding his gotcha questions in his interview.
Old 08-13-18, 05:37 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Don't watch these folks and they'll be gone,stay with the hometown stations.
Old 08-13-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post

Here is a thought, don't listen to him

Watched the video; he didn't like the Browns selection as the 1st pick and he stated the obvious that Mayfield was playing against 2's and the other team wasn't scheming against his skill set.

Overreaction by Browns fans.
Given Cowherds position and obvious advantages in his own environment, I thought Mayfield came out on top in that interview. Whether organic or a bit contrived, in this day and age, a moderately contentious relationship will serve Cowherd very well. Expect CC to keep bagging on Mayfield and humping Darnold.
Old 08-13-18, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Cowherd is what he is ... a semi smart blow hard who really doesn’t know sports ... he is really good at having weak stats fit his narrative ... like his example about Mayfield against the Giants starters going 3 and out ... did he mention that it was mostly the Browns #2s, no ... did he mention the Browns were on their own 10, no ... did he mention that the Browns ran the ball on 2 out of 3 downs, for one yard, no ... Cowherd needs to use weak stats make his original assertion, that Mayfield should not have been the #1 pick ... which I agreed with ... but the difference between me and him ... I hope I was wrong ... and I will give it time to play out ... while Mayfield would not have been my pick, it was not like they took some clown that wasn’t even going to be a top 10 pick ... at worse he would have gone somewhere in the first 5 to 7 picks ... he should change his name to Colin Blowhard ... the way he has absolutely kiss the Lakers, LeBron, and Magics butt is downright sickening!
Yup.

Cowherd is going to practically blow USC surfer boy Darnold and his Jets fan base unless he turns out to be a complete bust. Whatever the case he will pander to them until or unless Darnold proves to be a failure. At the same time he will anger all of Mayfield’s old Texas Tech supporters, his Oklahoma supporters, his Cleveland supporters, and he will please the OSU fans that are Mayfield enemies scattered around the country.

Cowherd may not know sports that well, as you say, but he knows how to put entertainment together and gather eyeballs or ears or clicks. He is better at paying the bills then covering the Bills.
Old 08-13-18, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Cowherd is clearly only after ratings, which would explain why he's talking about the Browns.