Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-29-17, 11:03 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Manchester 51 Fairless 14
Tuslaw 47 Loudonville 41
Triway 17 Northwest 10
CVCA 56 Orrville 20

Big road win for Triway tonight! 7-3 at half, 10-10 after 3 quarters. Very solid win heading into next week when we host Fairless.
Old 09-29-17, 11:34 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrado View Post
Just sad. Red riders throw within the 5 yard line. The OC stinks. Splash plays are nice Don't win ball games. Backs that run like it is flag football does not win at the high level. It looks good, it looks "special" but it does not win high school football games. Good luck to the Red Rifers the rest of the way. The water looks very muddy!
The young backs you have are very talented. They just don't have much strength yet. They are fast, and have excellent quickness but if they get grazed they fall down. They also played like freshman on defense. Not very physical. They will be a handful the next few years.
Old 09-29-17, 11:39 PM
Varsity

Football1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post
manchester passes another "test" tonight 51-14. Fairless's big back? Under 20 yards. I don't think manchester will be "tested" in league play this year.
(cvca)
Old 09-30-17, 09:17 AM
All District

Grendel is on a distinguished road
The same (cvca) team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record? (cvca) barely beat Fairless. Manchester beat Fairless 51-14. What makes you think (cvca) will beat Manchester? And I don't think Manchester will need much motivation to be ready for (cvca).

Manchester's 2 defeats came from teams that are currently 12-0. Manchester had opportunities to win both games. I don't think anyone in the league compares with Indian Valley or South Range. Not even close. Now these are high school games and anything could happen, but I still see Manchester running the table in the league. And judging by the scores so far in the league, the rest of the league will be all over the place. Triway beating Northwest??? And how does Oriville score 60 one week and the next week 20? Crazy stuff. Good luck to all the kids playing. Now that fall has arrived it is finally feeling like high school football, not summer scrimmages!
Old 09-30-17, 10:56 AM
Varsity

Football1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
The same (cvca) team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record? (cvca) barely beat Fairless. Manchester beat Fairless 51-14. What makes you think (cvca) will beat Manchester? And I don't think Manchester will need much motivation to be ready for (cvca).

Manchester's 2 defeats came from teams that are currently 12-0. Manchester had opportunities to win both games. I don't think anyone in the league compares with Indian Valley or South Range. Not even close. Now these are high school games and anything could happen, but I still see Manchester running the table in the league. And judging by the scores so far in the league, the rest of the league will be all over the place. Triway beating Northwest??? And how does Oriville score 60 one week and the next week 20? Crazy stuff. Good luck to all the kids playing. Now that fall has arrived it is finally feeling like high school football, not summer scrimmages!
Orville will win out from here
Canton south is 3 in the region that cvca should have won northwest they beat with all of their players back
Manchester has lost to some good teams but they also beat Tuslaw Triway and Fairless who have no pass game except triway and If Manchester canít stop CVCAs pass game their in trouble and Manchester is a predictable run team with not such a good pass game Good luck to both teams
Old 09-30-17, 12:08 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
Canton south is 3 in the region that cvca should have won northwest they beat with all of their players back
Manchester has lost to some good teams but they also beat Tuslaw Triway and Fairless who have no pass game except triway and If Manchester canít stop CVCAs pass game their in trouble and Manchester is a predictable run team with not such a good pass game Good luck to both teams
How is anyone supposed to understand that?
Old 09-30-17, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
Huh?
Old 09-30-17, 12:34 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
Huh?
I'm not entirely sure Football1 is speaking English.
Old 09-30-17, 01:52 PM
All District

harpua is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
The same (cvca) team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record? (cvca) barely beat Fairless.
CVCA actually lost to Fairless in a close game.

Having seen Manchester against Fairless, I'm not sure Manchester will lose in the PAC the rest of the way.

Northwest, while normally might be a tough matchup, probably will not be this year.
Orrville, not this year.
Loudonville...nope, but can't look past them though, they are one of the better winless teams that I've seen in many years.
CVCA, might give them the best game, but I think Manchester will win at home.

The race will be for 2nd in the league and maybe another playoff spot or two.
Old 09-30-17, 03:54 PM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
The league is crazy. I'm not so sure any team other than Manchester makes the playoffs. Looking at the points and eye balling things, CVCA, Fairless, Orrville, and Triway have to win out to make it. CVCA has the best chance to do that, but they are in a killer region and they aren't beating Manchester. Fairless and Triway play this week. Orrville is all over the place and will drop one more at the least.

I'm taking Manchester as the lone representative of PAC at this time.
Old 09-30-17, 08:42 PM
Freshman

ZipDad is on a distinguished road
Panthers Vs. Fairless highlights (mostly Manchester obviously).

What a throttling..

Manchester's used a 110lb kicker to actually attempt an extra point!
(13:45 into vid)

SHE made it.
Old 09-30-17, 10:08 PM
All American

Before this season CVCA was 1-19 in there last 20 games. They where 3-27 in their previous 30. They were considered an "easy" win. Those same 1-19 kids are Juniors and seniors now who had to play on Friday night before they where ready. By the way they only lost 1 game as 7th and 8th graders. They have beaten every team in the PAC at some point including Manchester. They have more than a small chance to finish 8-2. Manchester is the favorite for sure. It should be a wild 4 weeks. Hopefully everyone stays injury free and plays to the best of their ability.

Orville is an interesting match up for Manchester. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a close game. Those 2 back for Orville can give teams fits if they can get them the ball in space.
Old 10-01-17, 07:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipDad View Post
Panthers Vs. Fairless highlights (mostly Manchester obviously).

What a throttling..

Manchester's used a 110lb kicker to actually attempt an extra point!
(13:45 into vid)

SHE made it.
Northwest's kicker is also a girl. Won homecoming queen, then kicked a FG. She's better.
Old 10-01-17, 02:05 PM
Junior Varsity

Carrado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
The young backs you have are very talented. They just don't have much strength yet. They are fast, and have excellent quickness but if they get grazed they fall down. They also played like freshman on defense. Not very physical. They will be a handful the next few years.
I agree. But running backs that are worth their weight in high school football gain ground and usually weigh 185 pounds plus. These backs are not 14 year old children. The wicked witch of the east and the witch of west belong in OZ. You gain ground. You can't win with the mind set "oh we will bust one" It's one. You will bust one, but they key word is one. 6 points. Gain ground, burn clock, keep the defense off of the field. That is on the OC and head coach.
Old 10-01-17, 02:34 PM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree. But running backs that are worth their weight in high school football gain ground and usually weigh 185 pounds plus. These backs are not 14 year old children. The wicked witch of the east and the witch of west belong in OZ. You gain ground. You can't win with the mind set "oh we will bust one" It's one. You will bust one, but they key word is one. 6 points. Gain ground, burn clock, keep the defense off of the field. That is on the OC and head coach.
Backs don't have to weigh 185+ lbs to be successful. All but 1 of Claymont's backs are under 185 and two average over 10 yards per carry, while the other averages 7 ypc. Or Indian Valley's back who is close to 10 upcoming and over 200 yards per game is 145 lbs...
Old 10-01-17, 03:44 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
Backs don't have to weigh 185+ lbs to be successful. All but 1 of Claymont's backs are under 185 and two average over 10 yards per carry, while the other averages 7 ypc. Or Indian Valley's back who is close to 10 upcoming and over 200 yards per game is 145 lbs...
Congratulations to them. We are obviously not doing that.
Old 10-01-17, 05:25 PM
Junior Varsity

Been watching replays of high school football games, college football, and NFL games, and the common theme for the teams that win , is the backs are big and they run between the tackles. Wow!! Imagine that.
Old 10-02-17, 06:45 AM
All American

Quote:
Been watching replays of high school football games, college football, and NFL games, and the common theme for the teams that win , is the backs are big and they run between the tackles. Wow!! Imagine that.
Does Orrville have these big backs you so greatly want?
Old 10-02-17, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Northwest's kicker is also a girl. Won homecoming queen, then kicked a FG. She's better.
The Northwest FG kicker is pretty good! Strong leg and accurate. Doesn't kick off, but the girl is good in her own right. Best female kicker I've seen, and it's not that close.
Old 10-02-17, 07:48 AM
All Yappi

This week's games:

Fairless @ Triway
Tuslaw @ CVCA
Orrville @ Loudonville
Northwest @ Manchester

I think Fairless/Triway should be a good game, but CVCA, Orrville, and Manchester look to be heavy favorites in the other games.
Old 10-02-17, 09:56 AM
Freshman

mhsnumber1 is on a distinguished road
Barring an injury can't see anyone hanging with Manchester. They may have the best back in the area. Speed and natural ablilty that only comes along once in a great while to a small school and to think #7 is only a sophomore. I could see Manchester in the final 4 of the state playoffs. Time will tell.
Old 10-02-17, 01:24 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsnumber1 View Post
Barring an injury can't see anyone hanging with Manchester. They may have the best back in the area. Speed and natural ablilty that only comes along once in a great while to a small school and to think #7 is only a sophomore. I could see Manchester in the final 4 of the state playoffs. Time will tell.
With Central probably not qualifying for the post season (remaining schedule is brutal) , that could very well happen.
Old 10-02-17, 02:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
With Central probably not qualifying for the post season (remaining schedule is brutal) , that could very well happen.
Would need to beat South Range. Not sure that happens. Would be another great game though.
Old 10-02-17, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
The Northwest FG kicker is pretty good! Strong leg and accurate. Doesn't kick off, but the girl is good in her own right. Best female kicker I've seen, and it's not that close.
There was a female kicker for Akron Firestone a few years ago that was good from 45+. I cannot remember her name. Anyone?
Old 10-03-17, 07:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
There was a female kicker for Akron Firestone a few years ago that was good from 45+. I cannot remember her name. Anyone?
I searched "akron firestone female kicker" on Google, and the whole first page was her... Alana Gaither.

Old 10-03-17, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I searched "akron firestone female kicker" on Google, and the whole first page was her... Alana Gaither.

That's her. I was 5 yds. off. She hit from 42.
Old 10-03-17, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

Fairless and Manchester being highlighted by Hudl on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Hudl/status/915279555597819904
Old 10-06-17, 10:14 PM
All Yappi

Orrvile 31 Loudonville 28
Manchester 26 Northwest 12
Fairless 21 Triway 14
CVCA 42 Tuslaw 28
Old 10-07-17, 02:07 AM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Orrvile 31 Loudonville 28
Manchester 26 Northwest 12
Fairless 21 Triway 14
CVCA 42 Tuslaw 28
disgusted with the Northwest Community tonight....
Old 10-07-17, 06:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
disgusted with the Northwest Community tonight....
Those jerks are not representative of the entire community, however if anyone on this forum that reads this was someone who cheers when an opponent gets severely injured you are a D-BAG.