Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-21-17, 09:39 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
If Manchester can't corral both #7 & #44, they will lose, period.
Hopefully, they'll have their defense corrected. I'll be at the game, so I'll have a better idea.
Old 09-22-17, 07:42 AM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Hopefully, they'll have their defense corrected. I'll be at the game, so I'll have a better idea.
The DC can't take baby steps fixing it. He has to do it now. What's it tell you when your DB's are among the top 3 leading the defense in tackles? Either the LB's are being blocked or out of position. Either way, he has to fix it now.
Old 09-22-17, 10:31 PM
Junior Varsity

forest is on a distinguished road
CVCA 33 NW 28, Tre Tucker TD run with 5 seconds left.
Old 09-22-17, 10:49 PM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Triway fooled me. Wow! 55-8. They can only beat bad teams.

Looks like the PAC will only have 1 playoff team, but a shot at 2. Lost faith in Fairless. No way they should go to OT with Loudonville. CVCA might be the only other team to make it. That NW win is BIG! Manchester appears to have "fixed their problems" just in time for PAC play once again.
Old 09-23-17, 08:40 AM
All District

harpua is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Lost faith in Fairless. No way they should go to OT with Loudonville.
No way Fairless should have let it be that close. Going up a quick 21 points in the 1st quarter and the play calls seemed to change. Not until overtime did Fairless get back to their roots which was working. Fairless is in the heart of their schedule now, so we'll see how they respond.

I'll give Loudonville credit though...they may be one of the "best" 0-5 team you'll see. They have some play-makers, not sure if that translates into any wins this year though looking at the rest of their schedule. Best chance may be this coming week at Tuslaw, but playing on the road at Tuslaw will make it tough.
Old 09-23-17, 01:32 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Triway fooled me. Wow! 55-8. They can only beat bad teams.

Looks like the PAC will only have 1 playoff team, but a shot at 2. Lost faith in Fairless. No way they should go to OT with Loudonville. CVCA might be the only other team to make it. That NW win is BIG! Manchester appears to have "fixed their problems" just in time for PAC play once again.
That was a total smack down and really surprising. Panther's defense was excellent last night. Big test with Fairless next week. Maybe Panthers are hitting their stride.
Old 09-24-17, 09:46 AM
Freshman

herbiehancock is an unknown quantity at this point
Dc

"Triway had the worst defensive coordinator in the state"
55 points to Manchester? Hmmmm
Old 09-24-17, 10:36 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbiehancock View Post
"Triway had the worst defensive coordinator in the state"
55 points to Manchester? Hmmmm
What about your offensive coordinator? 8 points vs Manchester? Hmmmm.
Old 09-24-17, 08:32 PM
Freshman

ZipDad is on a distinguished road
Anyone notice Manchester's new 110lb female kicker!? Apparently she went 1 for 1 on extra point attempts. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/adri...FA/default.htm
Old 09-25-17, 01:03 AM
Varsity

grapeape is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What about your offensive coordinator? 8 points vs Manchester? Hmmmm.
Triways is terrible. Sarrachman dont have any idea what to do in a public school setting without the talent he is accustomed to. His staff is less than knowledgeable about whats going on. Coach Lee at least had a grasp on things and the staff, (several of the same coaches), at least understood what he was doing.
Old 09-25-17, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Friday certainly didn't go as planned. Manchester is good - #7 is really good, the best we've seen so far this season. He's fast and has great vision and balance. The Panthers played tough defense and just pounded the ball on offense. The wind got taken out of our sails early with 2 of our best players getting injured for the game, throwing an early interception, and giving up a quick score. Still, every team deals with injuries, and there was a lot of ballgame left to make up for it; but it just wasn't our night. I think we are better than the score indicates, but Manchester just didn't let us do anything we wanted to do. The last few games we looked much more comfortable throwing the ball, and did it with a lot of success, but the Manchester defensive line was in the backfield all night causing havoc. Time for us to rebound at Northwest this week.

Last edited by thePITman; 09-25-17 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-25-17, 08:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape View Post
Triways is terrible. Sarrachman dont have any idea what to do in a public school setting without the talent he is accustomed to. His staff is less than knowledgeable about whats going on. Coach Lee at least had a grasp on things and the staff, (several of the same coaches), at least understood what he was doing.
His staff is less than knowledgeable about what's going on? How do you mean that? I can't make that assumption from the box scores.
Old 09-25-17, 11:05 AM
Freshman

ZipDad is on a distinguished road
Clips from Manchester Vs. Triway.
What a beat down..
Old 09-25-17, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

Love the flop at 2:43 (and 3:00 and 3:06). LoL! Something the Manchester players are known for doing for years now. Unfortunately, the referees fell for it this time. But yes, Friday was certainly a beat down.
Old 09-25-17, 12:26 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
#7 for the Panthers does look like a nice player. Is #10 France's grandson?
Old 09-25-17, 12:46 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
#7 for the Panthers does look like a nice player. Is #10 France's grandson?
#10 is France's grandson. Did you also see #7's backup #5 go for a 57 yd. TD. He is the transfer from SVSM. Starts at DB and is the reason teams squib kick their KO's or kick to the left or right side of the field.
Old 09-25-17, 01:03 PM
Freshman

mhsnumber1 is on a distinguished road
Face it Manchester is just a lot better

I was at the same game and the bottom line is Triway was small and slow, and had beaten nobody any good. Manchester has played tough out of league competition and it showed. Bad news for the PAC as the back #7 is only a sophomore and is already one of the back's in the area. The St V transfer (actually he lives in Manchester) # 5 is a junior. So you better get used to a few more years of getting pounded by a far superior group of athletes all playing together as a team, than I saw from Triway Friday night.
Old 09-25-17, 01:42 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsnumber1 View Post
I was at the same game and the bottom line is Triway was small and slow, and had beaten nobody any good. Manchester has played tough out of league competition and it showed. Bad news for the PAC as the back #7 is only a sophomore and is already one of the back's in the area. The St V transfer (actually he lives in Manchester) # 5 is a junior. So you better get used to a few more years of getting pounded by a far superior group of athletes all playing together as a team, than I saw from Triway Friday night.
Living in Manchester is the only way he could have been eligible and not sit out half a season of every sport. It is his home district. We will find out this week just how good they are when they play Fairless.
Old 09-25-17, 01:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsnumber1 View Post
No doubt about it. They have good athletic size up front. Wright is the real deal. That kid will play somewhere solid on Saturday's if he continues to work.

I think it's been obvious that Triway hasn't beat anyone good. They were in a tough game with what I thought was a very solid and physical Smithville team. I guess I'm wrong on how good a 7-8 win Smithville team is. I really thought that Triway could make this Manchester game competitive. I was way wrong. They still can't compete with a team that is more physical then they are. Looking at their roster, they will be in big trouble in the next few years. Low numbers and only a few lower classmen returning.
Old 09-25-17, 06:02 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Living in Manchester is the only way he could have been eligible and not sit out half a season of every sport. It is his home district. We will find out this week just how good they are when they play Fairless.
I found this on TWITTER. Pretty athletic kid. @hudl http://www.hudl.com/v/27xdP7 #hudl. Johnson, Wright, Shuler and France form a pretty solid secondary. Kinsey, Baker and Knight are active at LB and Hettich is a beast on the D line.
Old 09-27-17, 07:07 AM
All World

I was able to make it back into town and go to the game. The thing I noticed is that for this game Manchester played angry. They didn't appear to have that intensity in the only other game I saw this year, the opening win against Chippewa. The intensity Friday reminded me a bit of the 2013 team, as well as some of the teams of earlier decades. Some of those teams from the 70's, 80's, and 90's just had attitude. Hopefully, this team keeps it up. They came very close to defeating the second ranked team in D5 in the state in the third game of the season, and probably should have. There also appear to be changes on defense that worked. If this Manchester team can maintain the intensity and the execution of Friday night, this team could be special. We'll see.
Old 09-27-17, 03:46 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I was able to make it back into town and go to the game. The thing I noticed is that for this game Manchester played angry. They didn't appear to have that intensity in the only other game I saw this year, the opening win against Chippewa. The intensity Friday reminded me a bit of the 2013 team, as well as some of the teams of earlier decades. Some of those teams from the 70's, 80's, and 90's just had attitude. Hopefully, this team keeps it up. They came very close to defeating the second ranked team in D5 in the state in the third game of the season, and probably should have. There also appear to be changes on defense that worked. If this Manchester team can maintain the intensity and the execution of Friday night, this team could be special. We'll see.
Hopefully the Panthers can maintain that anger. Fairless has a big back who I understand is a wrestler. D1 scholarship. Fairless' play calling is a little weird. It seems like they soften up the defense with him and then they throw quite a bit. Then they repeat the process. The DB's are going to have their work cut out for them because he reaches the 3rd level quite often. Plus, they use a pretty nice passing game that will challenge them. If Fairless doesn't stop Wright, it probably won't matter. Manchester gets good field position because most teams squib or kick to the side on kickoffs. Should be one of the better games in the conference this year.
Old 09-28-17, 04:14 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hopefully the Panthers can maintain that anger. Fairless has a big back who I understand is a wrestler. D1 scholarship. Fairless' play calling is a little weird. It seems like they soften up the defense with him and then they throw quite a bit. Then they repeat the process. The DB's are going to have their work cut out for them because he reaches the 3rd level quite often. Plus, they use a pretty nice passing game that will challenge them. If Fairless doesn't stop Wright, it probably won't matter. Manchester gets good field position because most teams squib or kick to the side on kickoffs. Should be one of the better games in the conference this year.
That big back is a decent wrestler but Maybe not quite a D1 type of wrestler. He went 1-2 at the state tournament last year. I heard he's a gridiron monster though

Last edited by chinwhip; 09-28-17 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Better wording
Old 09-28-17, 05:22 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
That big back is a decent wrestler but no where near a D1 type of wrestler. He went 1-2 at the state tournament last year. I heard he's a gridiron monster though
All I know is that the Panthers will be wrestling with him all night! This could be a high scoring affair.
Old 09-29-17, 08:03 AM
All Yappi

Tonight's games:

CVCA @ Orrville
Loudonville @ Tuslaw
Manchester @ Fairless
Triway @ Northwest

Should be some good games!
Old 09-29-17, 08:26 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Tonight's games:

CVCA @ Orrville
Loudonville @ Tuslaw
Manchester @ Fairless
Triway @ Northwest

Should be some good games!
CVCA
Tuslaw
Manchester
Northwest

CVCA should be close. Tuslaw close. The other two are easy wins.
Old 09-29-17, 08:36 AM
All District

Orrville Man is on a distinguished road
Good picks eyes r burning
Old 09-29-17, 02:31 PM
All World

CVCA
Tuslaw
Manchester
Northwest
Old 09-29-17, 10:04 PM
All District

Grendel is on a distinguished road
Manchester passes another "test" tonight 51-14. Fairless's big back? Under 20 yards. I don't think Manchester will be "tested" in league play this year.
Old 09-29-17, 10:16 PM
Junior Varsity

Carrado is on a distinguished road
Just sad. Red riders throw within the 5 yard line. The OC stinks. Splash plays are nice Don't win ball games. Backs that run like it is flag football does not win at the high level. It looks good, it looks "special" but it does not win high school football games. Good luck to the Red Rifers the rest of the way. The water looks very muddy!