Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 08-31-17, 06:30 AM
TopCat TopCat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-21-04
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 2,597
TopCat is on a distinguished road
Call me an optimist. I like:
Orrville
Northwest
Dalton
CVCA
Chippewa
Manchester
Fairless
Triway
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 09-01-17, 09:15 PM
TDrunner TDrunner is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-30-13
Posts: 29
TDrunner is on a distinguished road
Fairless Falcons

Fairless Falcons 21 Tusky Valley 13
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 09-01-17, 11:16 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,784
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
CVCA 41, Campbell Memorial 21
Fairless 21, TV 13
Norwayne 27, Orrville 20
IV 38, Manchester 32
Canton South 14, Northwest 0
Dalton 42, Tuslaw 13
Smithville 25, Triway 22
Chippewa 31, Loudonville 28

2-6 in week 2 for the PAC. More troubling is the league is 1-6 vs. the WCAL in 2017 with 4 more meetings scheduled for week 3.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 09-02-17 at 04:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 09-02-17, 09:38 AM
herbiehancock herbiehancock is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-31-17
Posts: 11
herbiehancock is an unknown quantity at this point
Troubling? The WCAL is A LOT better than the PAC. What did you think would happen
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 09-02-17, 12:07 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,784
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbiehancock View Post
Troubling? The WCAL is A LOT better than the PAC. What did you think would happen
The WCAL being better than the PAC has been the trend the past few years. It's troubling given that the majority of the PAC schools are larger than the WCAL schools.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 09-03-17, 04:22 PM
Football1 Football1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-08-14
Location: Canton Ohio
Posts: 60
Football1 is on a distinguished road
Who are your picks for week 3 ?
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 09-04-17, 07:55 PM
JP20 JP20 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-07
Posts: 376
JP20 is on a distinguished road
south range
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 09-05-17, 07:19 AM
eyes r burning eyes r burning is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-12
Posts: 1,062
eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The WCAL being better than the PAC has been the trend the past few years. It's troubling given that the majority of the PAC schools are larger than the WCAL schools.
When was the last time the PAC was better than the WCAL? Maybe a year or two since the early 2000's? From top to bottom depth, WCAL has always been better IMO. The teams at the top.... and Manchester.... have always been pretty even.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 09-05-17, 07:24 AM
TopCat TopCat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-21-04
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 2,597
TopCat is on a distinguished road
Manchester @ South Range
Fairless @ Dalton
Canton South @ CVCA
New Philly @ Northwest
Orrville @ Lexington
Loudonville @ Hillsdale
Tuslaw @ Chippewa
Waynedale @ Triway

I'm not as optimistic this week. I'll go with CVCA, Triway, and Orrville. Maybe Fairless.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 09-06-17, 09:18 AM
thePITman thePITman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,284
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Manchester @ South Range
Fairless @ Dalton
Canton South @ CVCA
New Philly @ Northwest
Orrville @ Lexington
Loudonville @ Hillsdale
Tuslaw @ Chippewa
Waynedale @ Triway

I'm not as optimistic this week. I'll go with CVCA, Triway, and Orrville. Maybe Fairless.
My predictions:

Dalton (by 2+ TDs... they're good)
CVCA (should be a good game)
New Philly (should be ugly... 3 more weeks until Northwest gets its players back, right?)
Orrville (close game? .. not sure what to think of Orrville, yet)
Hillsdale (pretty easily)
Chippewa (neither team living up to my expectations, could go either way)
Triway (Waynedale is bad)
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 09-06-17, 10:13 AM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,784
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
When was the last time the PAC was better than the WCAL? Maybe a year or two since the early 2000's? From top to bottom depth, WCAL has always been better IMO. The teams at the top.... and Manchester.... have always been pretty even.
Shame on me for thinking the PAC could ever punch at or above its weight.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 09-06-17, 05:57 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 59
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
My predictions:

Dalton (by 2+ TDs... they're good)
CVCA (should be a good game)
New Philly (should be ugly... 3 more weeks until Northwest gets its players back, right?)
Orrville (close game? .. not sure what to think of Orrville, yet)
Hillsdale (pretty easily)
Chippewa (neither team living up to my expectations, could go either way)
Triway (Waynedale is bad)
Manchester vs South Range?
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 09-06-17, 07:28 PM
pigskin13 pigskin13 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-04-13
Posts: 693
pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Manchester vs South Range?
Manchester gave up 350 yards rushing to Chippewa and 371 to Indian Valley.
Last time I checked South Range had a great running game.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 09-06-17, 08:01 PM
Carrado Carrado is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-15
Posts: 32
Carrado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Shame on me for thinking the PAC could ever punch at or above its weight.
MR. Slippery no worries here. You are used to Stark County football. Where you are expected to win or compete. Wayne county football thought Wooster was a good team last year.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 09-07-17, 06:43 AM
eyes r burning eyes r burning is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-12
Posts: 1,062
eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Shame on me for thinking the PAC could ever punch at or above its weight.
I don't disagree with your line of thinking, but reality is another story. PAC has been a below average small school league. That doesn't takeaway the fact that it has been competitive and fun to watch throughout the years with some teams here and there that could/did make some noise.

NW and Orrville are traditionally strong teams and should help the league's average in the long run. All my opinion of course. None of that matters though when compared with the thoughts and facts that Stiz brings in once every few weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 09-07-17, 12:51 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 59
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
Manchester gave up 350 yards rushing to Chippewa and 371 to Indian Valley.
Last time I checked South Range had a great running game.
True. And their passing game is above average. However, Manchester has a pretty good secondary with Johnson, Wright and France. And, they are averaging 37 points a game. And with South Range kicking deep it gives Johnson some opportunities to return the KO's.
Maybe with a little better run D, they can surprise SR.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 09-08-17, 07:24 AM
TopCat TopCat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-21-04
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 2,597
TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
True. And their passing game is above average. However, Manchester has a pretty good secondary with Johnson, Wright and France. And, they are averaging 37 points a game. And with South Range kicking deep it gives Johnson some opportunities to return the KO's.
Maybe with a little better run D, they can surprise SR.
Manchester has had questions on defense the past four seasons, this one included. I wish I had an answer. This year it's even more frustrating because they appear to have athletes.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 09-08-17, 11:51 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 59
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Manchester has had questions on defense the past four seasons, this one included. I wish I had an answer. This year it's even more frustrating because they appear to have athletes.
From the 2 games I have seen so far, adjustments on defense have not happened. It's great to have athletes, but you still have to put them in position to succeed. Even on offense they are way too predictable. But, they have proven successful over the years doing it that way.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 09-09-17, 01:18 AM
Carrado Carrado is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-15
Posts: 32
Carrado is on a distinguished road
Still trying to figure out what I saw at Orrville Lexington game. At the books cover, one could say that the riders D stinks. But if you peel back the onion, you will find they have zero sustainable drives on offense. Every offensive possession there is a penelty. The defense is on the field 3 quarters of the game. Or it as least least it appears. We have our best rusher run around and throw the ball and in doing so, we have multiple possessions under a minute. We can't run between the tackles because our backs, though very good in space get brought down by one arm. One may argue, that there are no other options at tail back, I disagree. We kicked off at both halves last week. We struggle to get personnel on the field. Hey, I get it. Talent wins games. In my opinion this team has the talent to win and win big. But you can't have game plan mis managed as it has been the last two weeks and expect to make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 09-09-17, 12:28 PM
TopCat TopCat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-21-04
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 2,597
TopCat is on a distinguished road
I was not at the game, but got continuous updates, and it sounds like the suspicions about the Manchester defense proved prophetic. How do you give up a three score lead? 42 points? And there are special teams questions. How are you not successful on any extra points? Manchester scored the same number of touchdowns as South Range, but didn't convert any EP's, going for two every time. If you don't have a kicker, is there not some kid from the soccer team you could pull over for Friday nights? This team has talent and athleticism, and should probably be at least 2-1 if not 3-0 right now.

Last edited by TopCat; 09-09-17 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 09-09-17, 05:20 PM
Football1 Football1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-08-14
Location: Canton Ohio
Posts: 60
Football1 is on a distinguished road
Went to CVCA vs Canton south
Hands down very very exciting and hard fought by both teams
IMO CVCA was the better team scoring off the bat CVCA 7-0 then Canton south scored off a well covered tip ball from a defender 7-7 CVCA scored again hit number 1 for like a 30 yard pass and he scored on the drive then Canton south ran on CVCA and there inside backers couldn't step up which gave them 14-14! then Cvca hit the punter which gave canton the ball back which they end up scoring which would be the score for the half 14-21 but that's not the whole tell on the game. CVCA has ran for about 600 so yards the past two weeks and anticipated they by would pound the rock but the pass was open all night they hit a few in the first half too the very fast number 1 by the way that kid is a monster he's VERY fast sat next to a dad who said that kid has ran 4.3 40's on GRASS wow! And that he has a lot of Big 10 and Mac interest. But back to the point CVCA starting passing the second half and scored really really quick and then they stopped canton south and this is where the game turned #5 muffed a punt and they recovered on CVCA's 5 the score is 21-21 right now then they score 27-21 Cvca would then go on Offense punt gets blocked canton south recovers Cvca stops them goes down a scored A very bad call took the touchdown back and then from there penalties took away a a lot of yards from CVCA and then Canton gets the ball and Cvca stops them and with little left in the 4th Q they threw a bomb wide open right threw the kids arms. Then they tried to fake a punt they stop them in CVCA's territory and it was a stop on 4th but ruled a first by a hair they score on the drive and then that's game IMO the refs made some bad calls which effected the game and canton south played a very good game but I think CVCA for the most be 3-0 right now just mistakes that have to be cleaned up and it's a win but congrats to
Canton South on the win
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 09-09-17, 07:06 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,784
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
The non-league portion of the season is in the books.

The PAC teams compiled a 9-15 record with none of the teams going a perfect 3-0. That's a big improvement over last year's 6-18 nonleague record. That might be good enough to get 2 teams in the playoffs, but I'm not banking on it. I see 1 making it, and it might require running the table in league play to do it. I feel like I've seen this movie before, and in the end, Manchester is still the favorite to win the league. I believe they'll run the table and make the playoffs. Maybe 8-2 gets them a home game if Chippewa can post a .500 record.

Also, to bring closure to the side-discussion on the PAC and WCAL, the PAC finished with a 3-8 record against the WCAL.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 09-10-17, 01:50 PM
eyes r burning eyes r burning is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-12
Posts: 1,062
eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The non-league portion of the season is in the books.

The PAC teams compiled a 9-15 record with none of the teams going a perfect 3-0. That's a big improvement over last year's 6-18 nonleague record. That might be good enough to get 2 teams in the playoffs, but I'm not banking on it. I see 1 making it, and it might require running the table in league play to do it. I feel like I've seen this movie before, and in the end, Manchester is still the favorite to win the league. I believe they'll run the table and make the playoffs. Maybe 8-2 gets them a home game if Chippewa can post a .500 record.

Also, to bring closure to the side-discussion on the PAC and WCAL, the PAC finished with a 3-8 record against the WCAL.
Manchester will win all league games once again. Will be the only playoff team.

After that I think it's a complete toss up and none of the other teams will sweep the remaining games after Manchester. CVCA, NW, Triway, and Orrville will all trade games in some fashion and will end with 2 losses minimum. Fairless will be a wild card and I expect them to knock off one or two of those teams above.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 09-10-17, 07:44 PM
Football1 Football1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-08-14
Location: Canton Ohio
Posts: 60
Football1 is on a distinguished road
Picks for week 3?
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 09-10-17, 07:45 PM
Football1 Football1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-08-14
Location: Canton Ohio
Posts: 60
Football1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Manchester will win all league games once again. Will be the only playoff team.

After that I think it's a complete toss up and none of the other teams will sweep the remaining games after Manchester. CVCA, NW, Triway, and Orrville will all trade games in some fashion and will end with 2 losses minimum. Fairless will be a wild card and I expect them to knock off one or two of those teams above.
What teams do you think it will come down too ?
Orville Manchester?
Cvca Manchester
Northwest Manchester?
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 09-11-17, 08:25 AM
mhsnumber1 mhsnumber1 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-26-14
Posts: 18
mhsnumber1 is on a distinguished road
I was at the Manchester South Range game and Manchester's defense and lack of any type of kicking game was atrocious. Kicker can't kick more than 20 yards off of a tee!!!.. Defense doesn't seem to be in the right sets at the right time. How do you give up a 50 yard screen pass on 1st and 20 with a 2 point lead and 5 minutes to go???? Not to mention they blew a 24-7 in less than 1 quarter!!! Defensive coordinator needs to go!!! All that being said, Manchester is still heads and tails above anyone else in the PAC. Look for them to roll through the last 7 games of all PAC contests.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 09-11-17, 02:14 PM
eyes r burning eyes r burning is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-12
Posts: 1,062
eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
What teams do you think it will come down too ?
Orville Manchester?
Cvca Manchester
Northwest Manchester?
Honestly, no idea.

I haven't seen Northwest in person yet. Probably won't see them until they play Manchester. Going into the season I would have said that game decides the league.

Orrville sounded really good, but have not been good since week 1. I guess Wooster is really bad.

I only know what I know from here and scores seen about CVCA. The 4.3 speed on grass thing is laughable, but most else stated seems realistic. They very well could be the challenger. I'd be shocked at that, but they are on their way up and maybe they are a year ahead of schedule.

Only other challenge would be Triway. They beat two really bad teams and lost to an upper level WCAL team. On paper, they should be it, but I just don't see it. That group of kids is nothing but hills and valleys. If the moment is right, they might pick off Manchester, but will lose a game they shouldn't.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 09-11-17, 03:35 PM
NWIndianNation01 NWIndianNation01 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-12-07
Posts: 344
NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Anyone know the deal with the NW players that are out? Do we know who and how long? I have been super out of the loop this year. Haven't even been to a game yet due to no sitter and the wife working on Friday nights. Hoping I can make it out this week. From everything I have heard, offense is non-existent. Not sure if this is due to the missing players or what. Looks to be a very rough season.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 09-11-17, 10:40 PM
TopCat TopCat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-21-04
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 2,597
TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsnumber1 View Post
I was at the Manchester South Range game and Manchester's defense and lack of any type of kicking game was atrocious. Kicker can't kick more than 20 yards off of a tee!!!.. Defense doesn't seem to be in the right sets at the right time. How do you give up a 50 yard screen pass on 1st and 20 with a 2 point lead and 5 minutes to go???? Not to mention they blew a 24-7 in less than 1 quarter!!! Defensive coordinator needs to go!!! All that being said, Manchester is still heads and tails above anyone else in the PAC. Look for them to roll through the last 7 games of all PAC contests.
The defense has been questionable since the start of the 2014 season. They always seem to be in the wrong set for the situation; players are out of position or seem confused about what their responsibilities are. The lack of a kicking game also surprises me.

Last edited by TopCat; 09-12-17 at 03:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 09-11-17, 11:25 PM
Stack Attack Stack Attack is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-14
Location: Canal Fulton Ohio
Posts: 484
Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
Anyone know the deal with the NW players that are out? Do we know who and how long? I have been super out of the loop this year. Haven't even been to a game yet due to no sitter and the wife working on Friday nights. Hoping I can make it out this week. From everything I have heard, offense is non-existent. Not sure if this is due to the missing players or what. Looks to be a very rough season.
It was a discipline issue that happened during the off season.... from my understanding the players suspended should be back this week. As for the offense yes it's been a complete disaster to watch. After three games we have one offensive touchdown against Lake's JV team. Defense has played outstanding to this point.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Canton McKinley Football Season IUDOGS Football 232 06-24-17 02:40 PM
2016-17 Suburban League American Discussion Yappi Boys Basketball 554 03-27-17 07:04 PM
2016 - 2017 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Season IUDOGS Girls Basketball 57 03-20-17 09:41 AM
Want to play for the Cincinnati Fury in 2017? CinciFury Baseball 0 07-25-16 02:59 PM
2017 Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team - Now Accepting Applications Ohio TofC Wrestling 1 06-02-16 01:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz