Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-17, 07:16 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
I heard several of them were out for 5 games. Maybe it was reduced.
Old 09-12-17, 12:28 PM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsnumber1 View Post
I was at the Manchester South Range game and Manchester's defense and lack of any type of kicking game was atrocious. Kicker can't kick more than 20 yards off of a tee!!!.. Defense doesn't seem to be in the right sets at the right time. How do you give up a 50 yard screen pass on 1st and 20 with a 2 point lead and 5 minutes to go???? Not to mention they blew a 24-7 in less than 1 quarter!!! Defensive coordinator needs to go!!! All that being said, Manchester is still heads and tails above anyone else in the PAC. Look for them to roll through the last 7 games of all PAC contests.
Manchester lost both games because of 2 things. 1-no placekicker and a very porous defense. I have heard that that have had open tryouts twice for kickers and there were no candidates. Don't know the relationship between soccer and football. But, the answer is probably on one of the soccer teams. 2-their defense has very shoddy tackling. I know #53 got hurt vs SR, but he played in the other 2 games. Athletes are not the problem. Their pass defense appears solid except for one mistake by #3 in the 1st half. It appears that was fixed at halftime by moving #5 to the best receiver. #5 & #10 are solid in coverage. The problem lies in the LB's. The defense just doesn't appear to be totally prepared. KO's seemed to improve with #15. Punting also improved with him. But, both areas are still weak. The 2 solid units are the offense with #7 and the KO return team with #5. With league play starting this week, let's hope they have been hiding stuff on both sides of the ball.
Old 09-12-17, 08:59 PM
All Region

NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
It was a discipline issue that happened during the off season.... from my understanding the players suspended should be back this week. As for the offense yes it's been a complete disaster to watch. After three games we have one offensive touchdown against Lake's JV team. Defense has played outstanding to this point.
Will the returning players help the offense, in your opinion?
Old 09-13-17, 10:24 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
Will the returning players help the offense, in your opinion?
Nation...
Let's hope, coaches made a good adjustment in the New Philly game going to a more of a two back set. We had success moving the ball on philly just couldn't punch it in. We will see how we do against the Riders...this game will set the tone for the remainder of the season. We are about .500 with Orrville since 2005 and have had some really exciting games.
Old 09-14-17, 05:18 AM
Varsity

grapeape is on a distinguished road
The PAC os CRAZY this year. Manchester is in the drivers seat but cant look past several teams!
Orr is...well Orr of late. Snooze on them and theyll pull a rabbit out of their hat!
Triway has some play makers, but if you take away their short game, slants etc, you will stop them.
CVCA...4.3 speed on grass! Lookout! They really do have the team to win the PAC!
Fairless with good QB play and the huge rb can be a contender if the Def and coaching holds
Old 09-14-17, 10:46 AM
Varsity

So, who you taking? Manchester vs Tuslaw. I'll take the Panthers.
Old 09-14-17, 01:46 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
My predictions:

Manchester over Tuslaw
Triway over Loudonville
Orrville over Northwest
CVCA over Fairless
Old 09-14-17, 04:39 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
Manchester has went to the soccer team and no kids wanted to come kick(my understanding is the soccer team is undefeated). On the flip side their has to be a kid on that football team that can make a damn extra point!
Old 09-14-17, 11:06 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
Manchester has went to the soccer team and no kids wanted to come kick(my understanding is the soccer team is undefeated). On the flip side their has to be a kid on that football team that can make a damn extra point!
That would be the conventional wisdom. Somebody has to have leg enough to put a ball in the air 25 yards. Of course, you have to have a defense that doesn't give up 40 points a game, too.
Old 09-14-17, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
That would be the conventional wisdom. Somebody has to have leg enough to put a ball in the air 25 yards. Of course, you have to have a defense that doesn't give up 40 points a game, too.
True. It's a lot easier to miss some PATs if your defense can stop somebody. Maybe it's time to do it like Mike Mauk did at Kenton and just go for 2 every time.
Old 09-14-17, 11:51 PM
Varsity

grapeape is on a distinguished road
A betting man would KNOW that there's a kid on that team that can boot a PAT, shame on France for nor recognizing that. A lineman has the leg, a QB, RB, LB etc has the athleticism. Side note...Mauk was and is a punk. His shenanigans were atrocious. Records or not, Im glad his antics never brought that title. Obviously the lessons taught werent great or one of his record setters may have had success, they were certainly set up for it!
Old 09-15-17, 06:12 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
True. It's a lot easier to miss some PATs if your defense can stop somebody. Maybe it's time to do it like Mike Mauk did at Kenton and just go for 2 every time.
Slip,
It's my understanding that's what they've been doing, and they haven't been converting. They scored just as many touchdowns as South Range last week, but failed to convert any extra points. It was a similar scenario against Indian Valley. Convert half and you force OT. Of course, last week they also gave up a three score lead. Indian Valley also seemingly scored at will. Chippewa actually outgained Manchester, but kept shooting themselves in the foot, otherwise, they nearly pulled a comeback. There are questions on defense against quality opponents, and there have been for three seasons now. We'll see if they can get it straightened out in PAC play.
Old 09-15-17, 06:16 AM
All World

Alright, I'm done complaining. I'm going to say this week it's:

Manchester over Tuslaw
CVCA over Fairless
Orrville over Northwest
Triway over Loudonville
Old 09-15-17, 07:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape View Post
Side note...Mauk was and is a punk. His shenanigans were atrocious. Records or not, Im glad his antics never brought that title.
They did win 2 state titles, though, in 2001 and 2002.
Old 09-15-17, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

Does Northwest get their players back this week for sure? Last I heard it was a 5-game suspension, but I thought I read on here earlier in the week they might be coming back.
Old 09-15-17, 08:07 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
I too heard it was for 5 weeks, but the post earlier from a NW follower suggested that the kids are back this week.
Old 09-15-17, 10:13 AM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
I too heard it was for 5 weeks, but the post earlier from a NW follower suggested that the kids are back this week.
My understanding is a few of them will be back tonight. There will be at least one still suspended
Old 09-15-17, 10:50 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Does Northwest get their players back this week for sure? Last I heard it was a 5-game suspension, but I thought I read on here earlier in the week they might be coming back.
The chase for the league title begins tonight, man! Northwest hasn't played a league game in almost 7 years. The kids have to play!

(Yes, I am primarily joking here. That stated, it is hard to believe that Northwest has been wandering in the desert as an independent for this long.)
Old 09-15-17, 11:06 AM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Too bad they had to leave the NBC.
Would be a decent fit right now.
Old 09-15-17, 11:06 AM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
I understand why it had to happen.

Should've waited it out til the school situation got fixed, which it inevitably did.

Being independent must be every AD's worst nightmare I reckon.
Old 09-15-17, 01:05 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Slip,
It's my understanding that's what they've been doing, and they haven't been converting. They scored just as many touchdowns as South Range last week, but failed to convert any extra points. It was a similar scenario against Indian Valley. Convert half and you force OT. Of course, last week they also gave up a three score lead. Indian Valley also seemingly scored at will. Chippewa actually outgained Manchester, but kept shooting themselves in the foot, otherwise, they nearly pulled a comeback. There are questions on defense against quality opponents, and there have been for three seasons now. We'll see if they can get it straightened out in PAC play.
My understanding is they have invited a soccer player to kick. The player has agreed, but not this week. Their defense is not only ill-prepared, but tackling is bad. There are some who stand out. #50, #5, #7, #34 & #35. 5 out of 11 is not good and can explain the issues. I don't think it's a personnel problem. That all being said, they should score enough to win tonight.
Old 09-16-17, 11:30 AM
Varsity

Football1 is on a distinguished road
Manchester vs Tuslaw
Nothing spectacular but not a bad showing by tuslaw

Northwest vs Orville
Northwest get there players back ? But close game
Northwest has a tough road contest this week we'll see really where they are
But Orville shoukd wins some games

Triway vs loudonville
What I expected loudonville is young and should have some lumps
This year

Fairless vs CVCA
CVCA is still one of the favorites but you have to give fairless some respect but
Cvca can score almost any time they want but there defense seems alittle skeptic but I expect CVCA to finish top 3 in the PAC and if they want playoffs they will have to win out which will be tough but can happen
Old 09-16-17, 11:40 AM
Varsity

Football1 is on a distinguished road
Week 5 show downs

Cvca vs Northwest
CVCA at home on turf against a good NW team I'll say CVCA
Despite after 2 Loses big adjustments should get them clicking CVCA is better on paper They could be a 4-0 team But well see
(CVCA in a Close one)

Fairless vs loudonville
Fairless in a Big Win

Manchester vs Triway
Good game coming up and test for both teams but I'll have to go with Manchester but this game should be very close If Triway can stop the run but if not Manchester might run away with it

Tuslaw vs Orville
My gut says Orville
Old 09-16-17, 02:50 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
Manchester vs Tuslaw
Nothing spectacular but not a bad showing by tuslaw

Northwest vs Orville
Northwest get there players back ? But close game
Northwest has a tough road contest this week we'll see really where they are
But Orville shoukd wins some games

Triway vs loudonville
What I expected loudonville is young and should have some lumps
This year

Fairless vs CVCA
CVCA is still one of the favorites but you have to give fairless some respect but
Cvca can score almost any time they want but there defense seems alittle skeptic but I expect CVCA to finish top 3 in the PAC and if they want playoffs they will have to win out which will be tough but can happen
No, Manchester vs Tuslaw was not spectacular, but the Panther defense appeared to be more prepared than in the first 3 games. They stopped or controlled the rushing game, your choice, to the point where Tuslaw had to throw and they picked the wrong guy to throw at. They had little success throwing at #5. More success throwing to #3's side. Once again, the Panther offense was well oiled as they continue to put up 36+ points a game. Progress was made on defense.
Old 09-18-17, 11:45 AM
All Region

NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
It was nice to see NW finally get a win. It wasn't overly pretty, but it was a win. Hopefully they can keep the ball rolling this week.
Old 09-20-17, 09:16 PM
All World

This week I like:

Northwest
Manchester
Fairless
Orrville
Old 09-21-17, 08:49 AM
Varsity

Quote:
This week I like:

Northwest
Manchester
Fairless
Orrville
If Manchester can't corral both #7 & #44, they will lose, period.
Old 09-21-17, 10:08 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
If Manchester can't corral both #7 & #44, they will lose, period.
56-0 last year. Triway's new offense will shorten the game. The defense looks to be much improved. I expect a solid game.
Old 09-21-17, 11:13 AM
Freshman

itsmyball
I think northwest might have figured out their run game. Hopefully they can keep it rolling into Friday. This is their first ever game against CVCA, should be a lot of fun!
Old 09-21-17, 12:24 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
56-0 last year. Triway's new offense will shorten the game. The defense looks to be much improved. I expect a solid game.
I expect it to be a high scoring affair. The defense that is standing last will win.