Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-14-18, 09:43 AM
Freshman

Sportsfan2018 is on a distinguished road
2019 Eastern Buckeye Conference

So with the changes in the league this year how does everyone think this upcoming season will turn out?

Last edited by Sportsfan2018; 11-15-18 at 09:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-18, 03:23 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Alliance will probably have the 2 best pitchers in the league and plenty to go with it.

Marlington is returning a lot and west Branch will need to reload but they usually do.

South had some talent coming from back.

Carrollton seemed to be really young last year and played with a lot fire, their new coach seems to be on the right path.

Minerva will have the most to replace and the old coaching regime did very little to develop young talent. The new coaching staff will do some positive things but are still a year away.

Donít know much about Salem.

I think alliance will be the team to beat not only in the EBC but maybe in area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-18, 10:29 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Jeff Graffice of Alliance always turns out pretty good teams.
Old 11-25-18, 08:03 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Alliance returning the best 2 pitchers in the league? Ok Bruni but my mind is blank on the other one, help me out. Alliance might have the top 2 but I think Marlington has the best overall staff with CJ Greiner, Andrew Carr, Andrew Pucci, and Nate Allenbaugh. Plus many starters all over the field. I like Marlington to take the title this year.
Old 11-25-18, 03:05 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Alliance returning the best 2 pitchers in the league? Ok Bruni but my mind is blank on the other one, help me out. Alliance might have the top 2 but I think Marlington has the best overall staff with CJ Greiner, Andrew Carr, Andrew Pucci, and Nate Allenbaugh. Plus many starters all over the field. I like Marlington to take the title this year.

Nate Simons and Gavin Bruni will be the best 1-2 punch in the EBC, IMO anyways, both throw heat. Alliance also has Strata and Lopez - maybe best player in the league?? But I could make an argument for marlington too- a lot of experience and very good baseball players. They may have more pitching depth but I really liked Simons who was a sophomore last year

Old 11-28-18, 02:20 PM
Freshman

I agree that Alliance has a very solid team coming back with a lot of experience and depth.
South has a pretty good 1-2 with Phillipi and Akers coming back, both starting varsity since their freshman year.
Marlington has a pretty big set of shoes to fill as well with losing Dezenzo, but they have a lot of players with a lot of experience.
What all does Minerva need to replace? I know they lost Croston and Wright but is there a lot of other slots that are open?
Old 12-01-18, 04:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan2018 View Post
I agree that Alliance has a very solid team coming back with a lot of experience and depth.
South has a pretty good 1-2 with Phillipi and Akers coming back, both starting varsity since their freshman year.
Marlington has a pretty big set of shoes to fill as well with losing Dezenzo, but they have a lot of players with a lot of experience.
What all does Minerva need to replace? I know they lost Croston and Wright but is there a lot of other slots that are open?

Minerva lost Croston, Wright, Stewart, Common, Walters- the 1st 2 were 4 years starters and the next 3 were 3 year starters. All had pretty impressive careers. They were all a big part of the school record wins in 2016- a lot or sophomores will have to step up - itís going to be a rebuilding year for Minerva. But they have a high energy young coach and a new staff- could be a start of a good program with a lot of young talent but 2019 may be a struggle-

Old 12-02-18, 01:04 PM
All Region

cone is on a distinguished road
Did the Wright boy go to college an play any sport.
Old 12-02-18, 03:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
Did the Wright boy go to college an play any sport.

Basketball at Lake Erie College.

Old 12-03-18, 02:58 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Basketball at Lake Erie College.

The kid is a competitor. I hope he finds his way back to the baseball diamond before he leaves college.
Old 12-03-18, 03:12 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Minerva lost Croston, Wright, Stewart, Common, Walters- the 1st 2 were 4 years starters and the next 3 were 3 year starters. All had pretty impressive careers. They were all a big part of the school record wins in 2016- a lot or sophomores will have to step up - itís going to be a rebuilding year for Minerva. But they have a high energy young coach and a new staff- could be a start of a good program with a lot of young talent but 2019 may be a struggle-

I watched most of the home games the last 4years and those kids that graduated are going to be hard to replace, especially with the lack of development of younger talent last year. That was a very talented group of seniors. I heard a lot of positive things about the new coach, coach Travis, and some of the staff that he is bringing with him. He is going to have a very young and inexperienced team, especially on the mound. They may struggle to win a lot of games because of how the previous coach left the program, but there is some excitement about the program again. But there is talent in the freshmen and sophomore classes. I believe only 2 juniors will be back and I 5 seniors and only 3 with varsity experience.

So the synopsis for the 2019 Lions, they will be young and rebuilding and may have a tough time in the EBC.
Old 12-04-18, 12:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
I watched most of the home games the last 4years and those kids that graduated are going to be hard to replace, especially with the lack of development of younger talent last year. That was a very talented group of seniors. I heard a lot of positive things about the new coach, coach Travis, and some of the staff that he is bringing with him. He is going to have a very young and inexperienced team, especially on the mound. They may struggle to win a lot of games because of how the previous coach left the program, but there is some excitement about the program again. But there is talent in the freshmen and sophomore classes. I believe only 2 juniors will be back and I 5 seniors and only 3 with varsity experience.

So the synopsis for the 2019 Lions, they will be young and rebuilding and may have a tough time in the EBC.

Pretty accurate- Minerva will be starting from square one- if there is a lack of success in 2019 itís not because the old coach retired and itís not because the new coach is not as good, itís because he retired without giving any regard to build for the future. Fortunately there is some talent in the freshmen and sophomore classes so it will a positive rebuilding year. Not much depth in the junior and senior classes but hopefully enough to get some wins- 500 record would be a stretch and I hope everyone recognizes it..

Old 12-05-18, 07:23 PM
Freshman

Sounds like it will be a tough season in Minerva then. Will be interesting to see if the new coach there can do positive things with the young players it sounds like he has