Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-06-18, 01:43 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
CU Announces Merger with Thunder United

Any thoughts on this?

http://cincinnatiunitedsoccer.com/ci...ger-with-tumfc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-18, 02:17 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Any thoughts on this?

http://cincinnatiunitedsoccer.com/ci...ger-with-tumfc

Thunder's better days are long behind them. I think they've got less than 20 teams, and none of them play at an elite level. Calling this a merger is generous. More than likely, the club was about to go under. This gives the players and families on current Thunder teams a chance to stay together and it gives CU access to more practice and game space
Old 12-06-18, 02:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
Thunder's better days are long behind them. I think they've got less than 20 teams, and none of them play at an elite level. Calling this a merger is generous. More than likely, the club was about to go under. This gives the players and families on current Thunder teams a chance to stay together and it gives CU access to more practice and game space
Yea, it a not so much a merger as it is CU gobbling them up. But I guess it does allow CU to expand with giving them access to another large complex for training. I'm sure it's a win for all involved. Hopefully the prices can remain similar for the TU familes moving over. I'd hate to see them get priced out of this deal.

Old 12-07-18, 10:09 AM
All Region

Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
Someone should write a business school case on this, classic of an organization losing their way by not doing an honest market analysis. They had a quite successful formula - parent coached teams, strong training support, low if hardly any overhead, cater to families, low cost, next step up from SAY/Rec. Then comes DOC's, Executive Directors, Administrators blah blah with the foolhardy notion that suddenly you are not what you are but instead we are CU/KHA/OE. I assume that WC will be next? Not sure. Makes me wonder what club, if any, will place their roots at the new facility being built on 741 near Otterbein.
Old 12-07-18, 12:22 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea, it a not so much a merger as it is CU gobbling them up. But I guess it does allow CU to expand with giving them access to another large complex for training. I'm sure it's a win for all involved. Hopefully the prices can remain similar for the TU familes moving over. I'd hate to see them get priced out of this deal.

The cost between TU and CU were very comparable to be honest.
Old 12-07-18, 12:25 PM
All District

outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper 90 View Post
Someone should write a business school case on this, classic of an organization losing their way by not doing an honest market analysis. They had a quite successful formula - parent coached teams, strong training support, low if hardly any overhead, cater to families, low cost, next step up from SAY/Rec. Then comes DOC's, Executive Directors, Administrators blah blah with the foolhardy notion that suddenly you are not what you are but instead we are CU/KHA/OE. I assume that WC will be next? Not sure. Makes me wonder what club, if any, will place their roots at the new facility being built on 741 near Otterbein.
There board/president is what ruined them. they had found their niche and were exploding with numbers just a few years ago. the president blind-sided the director at the time and fired him because of "differing of philosophies", and replaced him with a puppet that he could completely control. They got what they deserved honestly.

Yet again, people with power ruining club soccer, who would have ever guessed!
Old 12-07-18, 12:36 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
There board/president is what ruined them. they had found their niche and were exploding with numbers just a few years ago. the president blind-sided the director at the time and fired him because of "differing of philosophies", and replaced him with a puppet that he could completely control. They got what they deserved honestly.

Are CU's numbers down?

Old 12-07-18, 01:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post

A club President needs to take care of the business side of the club and not tell coaches / DOC's what they need to do and how to coach. Unfortunately TU learned this way to late. I agree he got more involved than he should have though he meant well in the long run it sunk them.
Old 12-07-18, 01:24 PM
All World

Quote:
Are CU's numbers down?

Not in the age groups I have looked at. It appears they may actually be growing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: