Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-17, 09:46 AM
CardzFan1 CardzFan1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-11
Posts: 1,220
CardzFan1 is on a distinguished road
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Let's get ready for some football! Should be very interesting as Tatarunas enters his third year as the starting QB. Surprised to see that Week 3 is Glenville -- thought that it was supposed to be St. Edward.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-03-17, 10:36 AM
mailman112 mailman112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-15-11
Posts: 2,327
mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Mentor backed out months ago. I think we all know why.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-17, 07:48 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
Mentor backed out months ago. I think we all know why.


Because Glenville gives us 2 games at home vs one. Same reason you schedule them

Mentor didn't back out of anything. There was never a contract. There were just talks. Nice try though

Mentor plays St Ignatius every year and doesn't like to play Eds. I think we all know know why


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-17, 07:24 AM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 5,974
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Because Glenville gives us 2 games at home vs one. Same reason you schedule them

Mentor didn't back out of anything. There was never a contract. There were just talks. Nice try though

Mentor plays St Ignatius every year and doesn't like to play Eds. I think we all know know why


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The home games are an added bonus when scheduling Glenville, but not the reason we play them. Clearly, we schedule them out of necessity.

Ed's and Mentor have been playing each other at the lower levels for years now (competitively I might add), so it rings kind of hollow if you are insinuating that Mentor is taking some sort of moral/ethical high ground by not scheduling the varsity team.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-17, 11:51 AM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,206
SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Because Glenville gives us 2 games at home vs one. Same reason you schedule them

Mentor didn't back out of anything. There was never a contract. There were just talks. Nice try though

Mentor plays St Ignatius every year and doesn't like to play Eds. I think we all know know why


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I know exactly why.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-17, 10:19 PM
SSS SSS is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-12
Posts: 608
SSS is on a distinguished road
No, we don't all know why.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-17, 07:04 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Well I don't know how you guys can rip on us for playing Glenville when you play Glenville too...

Our other out of conference opponents are St Ignatius who you play and Massillon who you'd schedule in a second if you could

So you really have no leg to stand on when talking about our schedule

Move on to your thread


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 06-04-17 at 07:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-17, 07:11 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Schedule :

@Massillon Washington
vs St Ignatius
vs Glenville
@Strongsville
vs Brunswick
vs Medina
@Shaker Heights
@Solon
vs Euclid
@Elyria

Pretty much the most perfect schedule for us. I'd like to play Euclid or Solon in week 10 instead of Elyria. That's the only thing I'd change

Scrimmages are kenston and a few others at kenston. Away vs Massillon Jackson. Then home vs Erie cathedral prep





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-03-17, 11:29 AM
CardzFan1 CardzFan1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-11
Posts: 1,220
CardzFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Schedule :

@Massillon Washington
vs St Ignatius
vs Glenville
@Strongsville
vs Brunswick
vs Medina
@Shaker Heights
@Solon
vs Euclid
@Elyria

Pretty much the most perfect schedule for us. I'd like to play Euclid or Solon in week 10 instead of Elyria. That's the only thing I'd change

Scrimmages are kenston and a few others at kenston. Away vs Massillon Jackson. Then home vs Erie cathedral prep





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking at the schedule, is Mentor capable of winning 7 or 8 games and getting into the playoffs? When it was two super regions, it was less difficult to get in.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-23-17, 02:55 PM
CardzFan1 CardzFan1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-11
Posts: 1,220
CardzFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Schedule :

@Massillon Washington
vs St Ignatius
vs Glenville
@Strongsville
vs Brunswick
vs Medina
@Shaker Heights
@Solon
vs Euclid
@Elyria

Pretty much the most perfect schedule for us. I'd like to play Euclid or Solon in week 10 instead of Elyria. That's the only thing I'd change

Scrimmages are kenston and a few others at kenston. Away vs Massillon Jackson. Then home vs Erie cathedral prep





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MG2002, hope you are right about the schedule. I am thinking that it will take at least 7 wins to make the playoffs. How does the rest of the league stack up against Mentor?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-23-17, 03:16 PM
fbrox fbrox is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 603
fbrox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardzFan1 View Post
MG2002, hope you are right about the schedule. I am thinking that it will take at least 7 wins to make the playoffs. How does the rest of the league stack up against Mentor?
8-2 losses to Iggy and Solon. Playoffs yes, 2nd round out with loss to Eds or Iggy in 2nd round.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-23-17, 10:26 PM
CardzFan1 CardzFan1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-11
Posts: 1,220
CardzFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
8-2 losses to Iggy and Solon. Playoffs yes, 2nd round out with loss to Eds or Iggy in 2nd round.
I like the way that you think. Hoping that Mentor gets some weapons on offense -- they like to score points. Without a top receiving core and a top RB, eight wins will be tough -- will they have playmakers at those positions? Or will this team's identity be on defense?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-24-17, 12:18 PM
fbrox fbrox is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 603
fbrox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardzFan1 View Post
I like the way that you think. Hoping that Mentor gets some weapons on offense -- they like to score points. Without a top receiving core and a top RB, eight wins will be tough -- will they have playmakers at those positions? Or will this team's identity be on defense?
Glenville and Euclid will be the only other dogfights on the schedule. Of course we still don't have the official list of incoming Euclid transfers just yet. They still have 6 days to finish up before camp starts
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-24-17, 08:50 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
8-2 losses to Iggy and Solon. Playoffs yes, 2nd round out with loss to Eds or Iggy in 2nd round.


You just never know. Solon has won a few in a row over Mentor but they aren't a world beater. It depends on Mentor. They've beaten all these teams before


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-04-17, 07:35 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Well Mentor doesn't exactly get to pick any team they want for scheduling. We've had to play Ursuline and Mooney out of necessity. Boardman too

Glenville gets at least 7 wins a year with that senate schedule. And they are competitive too

You aren't wanting Mentor instead of Glenville. You are wanting Mentor instead of an out of state school or Cincy school. That's the difference

It rings hollow if you try to tell anyone that you guys are just as dirty at the lower levels as you are at the higher levels ..

There's a reason why Ignatius can schedule teams that you guys can't

There are other reasons beyond you guys being possibly the dirtiest school in the state in how you get your players

-also dirty on the field. Many cheap shots

-way less fans than Ignatius or Massillon Less money for us

-since you are dirty , your schedule is stacked. This means that if we do beat you , it's often harbins for a 6 win team or less even though it's still tough

-one of the most annoying fanbases to deal with. Many no class people who troll like crazy.

-one of the queerest chants ever with that stupid eagle eagle eagle garbage. I'd not schedule you just to not hear that fat Kevin James looking slob at things like basketball leading that

- the respect isn't there. Much like most publics in Ohio, we don't want to associate with you

Again move on. If it were up to me we wouldn't play you guys in anything


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 06-04-17 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-04-17, 02:17 PM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 5,974
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Well Mentor doesn't exactly get to pick any team they want for scheduling. We've had to play Ursuline and Mooney out of necessity. Boardman too

Glenville gets at least 7 wins a year with that senate schedule. And they are competitive too

You aren't wanting Mentor instead of Glenville. You are wanting Mentor instead of an out of state school or Cincy school. That's the difference

It rings hollow if you try to tell anyone that you guys are just as dirty at the lower levels as you are at the higher levels ..

There's a reason why Ignatius can schedule teams that you guys can't

There are other reasons beyond you guys being possibly the dirtiest school in the state in how you get your players

-also dirty on the field. Many cheap shots

-way less fans than Ignatius or Massillon Less money for us

-since you are dirty , your schedule is stacked. This means that if we do beat you , it's often harbins for a 6 win team or less even though it's still tough

-one of the most annoying fanbases to deal with. Many no class people who troll like crazy.

-one of the queerest chants ever with that stupid eagle eagle eagle garbage. I'd not schedule you just to not hear that fat Kevin James looking slob at things like basketball leading that

- the respect isn't there. Much like most publics in Ohio, we don't want to associate with you

Again move on. If it were up to me we wouldn't play you guys in anything


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure you didn't miss any of your bullet points?

Good luck to Mentor this season. Hope to see you in the playoffs as always.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-04-17, 02:26 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Sure you didn't miss any of your bullet points?



Good luck to Mentor this season. Hope to see you in the playoffs as always.


Your stadium is a dump too. Thanks for giving me a shot to add. Won't be in your threads. Would be great if you guys did the same

We all know you guys will be back though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-12-17, 10:53 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Pecunious
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 20,389
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
It rings hollow if you try to tell anyone that you guys are just as dirty at the lower levels as you are at the higher levels ..
Simply not true. No evidence that suggests St. Edward runs a "dirty" program. Because they do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
There's a reason why Ignatius can schedule teams that you guys can't
No complaints from St. Edward side about filling their schedule. It gets done and it's usually a pretty good one. No evidence Ignatius fills their schedule with any less effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
There are other reasons beyond you guys being possibly the dirtiest school in the state in how you get your players

-also dirty on the field. Many cheap shots
Simply not true. No evidence that suggests St. Edward runs a "dirty" program. Off-the-field, or on. Because they do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
-way less fans than Ignatius or Massillon Less money for us
I agree. See? Common ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
-since you are dirty , your schedule is stacked. This means that if we do beat you , it's often harbins for a 6 win team or less even though it's still tough
regular season records:
2010 10-0
2011 7-3
2012 10-0
2013 7-2
2014 8-2
2015 9-1
2016 7-2


Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
-one of the most annoying fanbases to deal with. Many no class people who troll like crazy.

-one of the queerest chants ever with that stupid eagle eagle eagle garbage. I'd not schedule you just to not hear that fat Kevin James looking slob at things like basketball leading that
I'm always amazed at the selective hearing fans have when they complain about other fans. You need to look in a mirror. Any why be so mean? Do you actually automatically dislike anyone who ever attended or rooted for St. Edward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
- the respect isn't there. Much like most publics in Ohio, we don't want to associate with you
Are you speaking on behalf of the entire Mentor community? Were you selected to speak on their behalf based on your charm and personality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Again move on. If it were up to me we wouldn't play you guys in anything
Thank goodness for your athletic program that it is not up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a lot of typing on an IPhone. I am truly impressed!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-04-17, 08:08 AM
SSS SSS is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-12
Posts: 608
SSS is on a distinguished road
Wow, you are delusional. I'll pray for you at Mass this morning. Peace be with you .
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-04-17, 08:28 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Not delusional at all. Save your prayers. That's the arrogance I'm talking about though. Not to mention kind of sacrilege to say I'll pray for you in a tongue n cheek dbag sort of way

Most Mentor people are Catholic or Christian too btw. Not that this point matters with all your athletes at the so called religion first school

And if anything you should pray for your corrupt boosters instead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 06-04-17 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-04-17, 11:30 AM
SSS SSS is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-12
Posts: 608
SSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Not delusional at all. Save your prayers. That's the arrogance I'm talking about though. Not to mention kind of sacrilege to say I'll pray for you in a tongue n cheek dbag sort of way

Most Mentor people are Catholic or Christian too btw. Not that this point matters with all your athletes at the so called religion first school

And if anything you should pray for your corrupt boosters instead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Just wanted to get under your skin . Your too easy to upset, but you do give me a good laugh every now and then.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-04-17, 11:54 AM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,206
SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Not delusional at all. Save your prayers. That's the arrogance I'm talking about though. Not to mention kind of sacrilege to say I'll pray for you in a tongue n cheek dbag sort of way

Most Mentor people are Catholic or Christian too btw. Not that this point matters with all your athletes at the so called religion first school

And if anything you should pray for your corrupt boosters instead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goodness. The whining is so over the top. Have fun not winning a state title again this season.

Last edited by SuperD1; 06-04-17 at 05:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-04-17, 10:20 AM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,678
Journey is on a distinguished road
Impressive schedule as always!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-04-17, 11:35 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

It's you're. Apparently paying college tuition for high school didn't teach you simple grammar

I'm not upset at all actually. Pointing out your sacrilege comments that fanbases like Eds make routinely is easy

Now run along. Must be some youth camps for you guys to scout


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-04-17, 11:43 AM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 3,549
irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
It's you're. Apparently paying college tuition for high school didn't teach you simple grammar

I'm not upset at all actually. Pointing out your sacrilege comments that fanbases like Eds make routinely is easy

Now run along. Must be some youth camps for you guys to scout


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got on here to read about Mentor and see that the thread was high-jacked by some arrogant azzhat.

Impressive schedule as always. Aside from the QB who else returns for Mentor?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-04-17, 12:01 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I got on here to read about Mentor and see that the thread was high-jacked by some arrogant azzhat.



Impressive schedule as always. Aside from the QB who else returns for Mentor?


Yes it was. Guys from Eds who troll our thread multiple times a year. This won't be the last time. The schedule was their first complaint. They are sore because Mentor found a better opponent to schedule that helps us more

There's no benefit to schedule Eds. They don't bring fans or money. There is no rivalry or respect. Their schedule is rugged by force because most publics don't want to associate with them so if you beat them harbins aren't there. You get a 4 win team credit as we did when we beat them A hard fought win over a 4-6 team

And there are reasons why they can't get any Ohio publics to schedule them while Ignatius and X can (except desperate schools like Glenville who recruit like them )


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-04-17, 01:02 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,600
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Hopefully Mentorfball or someone else can provide the depth chart. I don't follow anything but varsity to know the full roster

Logan Shea, Steve Baird and a few others return at Wr though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-05-17, 02:54 PM
MENTORFBALL MENTORFBALL is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-15-11
Posts: 331
MENTORFBALL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Hopefully Mentorfball or someone else can provide the depth chart. I don't follow anything but varsity to know the full roster

Logan Shea, Steve Baird and a few others return at Wr though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's what I'm hearing on offense. Of course it's early, subject to change, and most of this is based on returnees from last year. I'll try to find out more about the defense soon:

OL - Ryan Jacoby (Jr.)
OL - Tyler Churney (Sr.)
OL - Tyler Schonauer (Sr.)
OL - John Kidner (Sr.)
OL - Charlie Call (Sr.)

QB - Tadas Tatarunas (Sr.)
RB - Chris Edmonds (Sr.)

WR - Logan Shea (Sr.)
WR - Steve Baird (Sr.)
WR - Derek Kleinhenz (Sr.)
WR - Matt Hartman (Sr.)....if healthy, this is a great addition. Played as a Freshman (probably the 2nd/3rd best player on the team) and then battled injuries since. Didn't play his Soph. or Junior years. Word is he looks healthy so far.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-04-17, 02:39 PM
SSS SSS is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-12
Posts: 608
SSS is on a distinguished road
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't like St. Ed's.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-04-17, 02:49 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 6,771
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
MentorGard2002 wading into black stripe waters.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 81 08-23-17 08:56 AM
Ursuline Football 2017 EagleFan Football 63 08-18-17 08:28 AM
2017 Albany Alexander new Head Football Coach???? IUDOGS Football 2 05-19-17 01:15 AM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 0 05-15-17 07:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz