Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-16-17, 07:51 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 5: Louisville Leopards (1-3, 1-0) at Alliance Aviators (3-1, 1-0)

Time to get your thoughts on this matchup! I won't go as far to say that this game will decide the NBC yet, but it has mammoth implications.

I expect a shootout at Mount Union next Friday. What do you think?

Fantastic 50 Line Heading into Week 4 is Alliance by 9

All-Time Series

Louisville Leopards Vs. Alliance Aviators All-Time Football Series

Past Highlights

Varsity

2006 Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

2010 Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2011 Louisville Leopards at Alliance Aviators Video Highlights & Recap

2012 Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2013 Louisville Leopards at Alliance Aviators Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2014 Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Louisville Leopards at Alliance Aviators Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

JV

2013 Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards JV Football Highlights & Recap

2014 Louisville Leopards at Alliance Aviators JV Football Highlights & Recap

2015 Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards JV Football Highlights & Recap

Freshman

2016 Louisville Leopards at Alliance Aviators Freshman Football Highlights & Recap

Last edited by LeopardNation; 09-16-17 at 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-17, 07:57 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
Not always a fan of common opponents but, Alliance lost to canfield 0-34 and the leps score was 28-48. That was also a few weeks ago and both teams have gotten better. I still think Louisville wins by a few scores. Hopefully it is a good clean game, I know we have had some issues over there in the past.
Old 09-19-17, 08:42 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Found this buried on page 2.

The over/under on this one could 95. Last one with the ball wins?

Louisville defense as a whole unit has to show improvement or I'm going to lean away from coaching being the problem and say we just have kids out there that don't belong out there...although I hold the coaches responsible for who they put on the field. I know some saw improvement, but the only improvement I saw was from the d-line and their ability to actually get to the QB last week. Middle of the field is wide open and we don't account for the QB for some reason. Frazier and Johnson...those are the guys that account for 85%of the rushing yards for the aviators. You have to account for Frazier...how many times this year we put a team in 3rd and long all for nothing because we bail and allow the QB to scramble for a first down? The heart and intensity were clearly up last week and it will need to continue for us to have a chance, but the fundamentals have to get better.
This years team is not afforded the luxury of overcoming turnovers. We don't take the ball away, therefore we cannot give it up. One fumble recovery is all we got...we haven't even sniffed an INT this year to my knowledge, and probably less that 3 PBU's after 4 games if scoring has been done legit. This hope and pray philosophy in our defensive backfield is truely a weakness that I'm surprised more teams haven't gone after...then again our run defense hasn't made anybody throw on us.
Old 09-19-17, 11:14 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
The O-line and D-line showed tremendous improvement this past week, and you would hope to see that from the young kids we have playing in those spots. The DB's are whole different story....I find it hard to believe that we are truly putting the best possible players out there that we have on the team. I am not going to call out kids by name or number, but 2 of our starting DB's have no business being on the field right now. It's almost like we are starting kids to make sure everyone gets a chance to play. I don't understand why our one WR doesn't start but once he comes in he never leaves the field after that? If he one of the best (IMO he is) why can't he start? Is it because the two kids they start are SRs? Also unless said kid is opposed to playing defense for some reason why hasn't he gotten a shot to play DB? He has clearly proven over the last two years that he is one of, if not the most athletic kid in the school, let your athletes make plays. The game looks like it is starting to slow down for that young lineman and I think they will only get better and better each week. If we can fix the secondary issues we could run the table for 7 wins and see what happens right? I have seen good teams go 8-2 and miss the playoffs, then seen 6-4 teams get in so you never know.
Old 09-19-17, 11:45 AM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Give it up dad. The young man is doing fine. He doesn't need you coming on here each week and promoting him. Your act has grown tiresome.
Old 09-19-17, 12:09 PM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
This should be a good one. I haven't followed either team much, but are these two clear front runners for NBC title? I'm pulling for Alliance for a change although the crap the NBC schools pulled on Louisville makes me want them to put a running clock on all their NBC opponents. I'll take Alliance, 34-28.
Old 09-19-17, 12:12 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Louisville by 2 scores.
Old 09-19-17, 02:28 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Give it up dad. The young man is doing fine. He doesn't need you coming on here each week and promoting him. Your act has grown tiresome.
I have no kid on the team (yet), couple more years. Just former player and fan for now.
Old 09-20-17, 06:31 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
The important fact is we got a must needed win, did some very good things, and other areas need to continue improving on. The running game is encouraging. I think the secondary will improve from week to week. The fact WB put up 45 on Aliance tells me they are not that good defensively. I think the Leps roll this week, building on momentum, and keep getting better. Go Leps!!!
Old 09-22-17, 09:40 AM
All World

Freshman: Louisville 34, Alliance 20

Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights & Recap
Old 09-22-17, 04:19 PM
All World

For those who cannot make it to the game I will be sending through live updates at this link:

Louisville Leopards at Alliance Aviators Football Updates
Old 09-22-17, 10:55 PM
All American

I truly feel bad for our Leopards. We are down a little talent wise, so we need some good coaching. It isn't there. Come hell or high water we are running the defense the DC desires whether we have the personnel for it or not. Each team we have played knows our weakness and exploits it and we just sit there and let it happen. This guy is either lazy or incompetent and neither are acceptable. Mr. Davis if you truly love this program step aside and let Checca take over. You are clearly in over your head.
Old 09-22-17, 11:08 PM
All World

Alliance 49, Louisville 34

Louisville Leopards at Alliance Aviators Football Video Highlights & Stats
Old 09-23-17, 08:54 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
This years defense is among the worst I have ever seen in Lep history...I know talent is down but to not make any adjustment and continue with the "we do what we do"philosophy makes it hard to watch.

Each week it looks the same...outnumbered up front, can't stop the run, no pressure on the QB, poor pass coverage despite running a defense where we should at least be able to stop the pass, and the worst tackling team I have seen in years..

Coaches should be embarrassed, and the defensive starters should be concerned about losing their jobs...however I don't think either is true.. this is evident by coaches doing the same thing week after week, and the same players starting.. If I was not starting and have not been given the chance to play, I would be extremely ticked off..yet we don't seem to work try anyone else..There are guys on that defense that have more missed tackles than tackles..

And to the new "strength and conditioning coach" we hired this year - I say your fired... more injuries than ever, and what seems a very weak team overall in terms of getting pushed around. I have no idea what expertise you brought to the table..

As another has said, I say turn it over to Checca,,,not just the defense but the weight program.. The guy is 70 and built like a rock,,so he must know what he is doing.

We are in for a very tough future as an independent with this current staff..
Old 09-23-17, 11:38 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
old man - the independent schedule I am hearing will be a tough one.

but I must ask - what type of teaching positions do you have to offer a new coach? What kind of coach would come to a school with no say of scheduling. and on top of that the residue of a unsettled community from a recent strike. Might want to look at both sides of a new hire and both sides of keeping guys that want to be there.
Old 09-23-17, 11:41 AM
All American

plus with three seats up on school board I think I would wait to see how things play out before hitting the panic button. Certainly these guys aren't trying to nose dive suddenly after winning after all this time.
Old 09-23-17, 12:12 PM
All American

These guys only won when we had more athletes on the field than our opponent. I challenge any one to name a game we have won under the present staff where we out coached the other team
Old 09-23-17, 01:10 PM
All World

JV: Alliance 30, Louisville 24

Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights and Recap
Old 09-23-17, 02:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
These guys only won when we had more athletes on the field than our opponent. I challenge any one to name a game we have won under the present staff where we out coached the other team
touche'
Old 09-23-17, 06:35 PM
Junior Varsity

LepsBacker is on a distinguished road
Mad props to the quarterback Mathie. Understand he learned at 2:00 p.m. That he had to have season ending surgery, but tried to play for his teammates anyway. Tough kid...prayers go out to him and his family.
Not sure what's up with the senior quarterback, saw he wasn't dressed for Friday's game, but I thought the sophomore quarterback looked very good. Hopefully they can figure that out and keep rolling and keep kids healthy.
Keep battle-ing Leps!
Old 09-23-17, 08:13 PM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
Sorry that Mathie got hurt last night...I thought he was hurt because he wasn't pin point with his passing...my take from the game was that this Louisville team talent is down...when our line pushed the Leps around like that something is wrong...Duce is a hell of a back and he had his way last night....and Tyler Johns had a career night in receiving and I would never guess that vs Louisville...hope you right the ship.,
Old 09-25-17, 05:33 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
old man - the independent schedule I am hearing will be a tough one.

but I must ask - what type of teaching positions do you have to offer a new coach? What kind of coach would come to a school with no say of scheduling. and on top of that the residue of a unsettled community from a recent strike. Might want to look at both sides of a new hire and both sides of keeping guys that want to be there.
I think the line would be long with candidates. Louisville has one of the nicest facilities around, and a tremendous atmosphere and fan base for high school football.
In addition they have a Football club (TD Club) that spends about $30,000 a year on the team and has at least another $30,000 in reserves.
I have looked at both sides, and its past time for change. This staff has a "winning history" based on talent and weak schedules, not because of great coaching.

It will be very ugly next year with the independent schedule if no changes.
Old 09-25-17, 07:29 AM
All American

old man
another question
lets say the staff changes and you have new guy - how many years into an indy sched with not as good as a record as the past would you be willing to give a new guy?

A successful season with this indy schedule may be 7-3 or 6-4 and squeaking in the playoffs but with the schedule I have seen - the wins would be over teams that are stronger per se then the former NBC.
Old 09-25-17, 08:52 AM
All Region

Quote:
old man
another question
lets say the staff changes and you have new guy - how many years into an indy sched with not as good as a record as the past would you be willing to give a new guy?

A successful season with this indy schedule may be 7-3 or 6-4 and squeaking in the playoffs but with the schedule I have seen - the wins would be over teams that are stronger per se then the former NBC.
I would welcome a 6-4 record which would still probably put us in the playoffs at D3. However, this staff has not experienced being the underdog, nor have they been in many positions to make adjustments that will be needed against stiffer competition...This is why I think a change is needed as we prepare to go in a different direction with our program with the scheduling.
I think we can accept losses with a team that is doing all they can to win. However, the past 2 years these teams are playing like they are led - with not much emotion or energy and that the personality of their leader.
There is talent coming up at the 8th and 9th grade levels and the 10th grade class also have some skill...there has never been a better time for change to lead this group.
Demarco is what he is.. a good offensive coach and a hell of a nice guy,,,however he is not the type of leader we will need when we play tougher opponents..his record against better teams show it.. and most of his staff have taken on his personality. I will also say its not just football,,,the other sports coaches better get a change in attitude too.
We have the right person leading our wrestling program, and softball continues to go in the right direction too...but some of the other larger sports will need a change to.
Old 09-25-17, 09:44 AM
All American

fair enough old man

you have stated your concerns and with some of what you say I have seen with my own eyes. Adding Green Lake CCC Massillon Perry with already North Canton is a serious upgrade to the level of competition. Canfield is a great game. I see no reason to keep fitch in week 3 - and my big question will be to see if alliance and marlington play louisville during their bye week in the new EBC....
Old 09-26-17, 08:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
fair enough old man

you have stated your concerns and with some of what you say I have seen with my own eyes. Adding Green Lake CCC Massillon Perry with already North Canton is a serious upgrade to the level of competition. Canfield is a great game. I see no reason to keep fitch in week 3 - and my big question will be to see if alliance and marlington play louisville during their bye week in the new EBC....
Lake is week 3 replacing Fitch next year. and I doubt we will schedule any NBC teams as they will be in their league schedule.. Open weeks are going to have to be the catholic schools or independents like Stuebenville which I would love to see. I am sure one of those weeks may be a team from Canada or something like that but not much to choose from from what I am hearing.
Old 09-26-17, 08:27 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Does Louisville have an open date week 4? Boardman does according to schedulestar...
Old 09-26-17, 08:40 PM
Varsity

BasketballLover is on a distinguished road
I heard Mathie is out for the season... sad story... good athlete... will it affect his bball season. looking forward to seeing him on the hardwood
Old 09-27-17, 08:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
Does Louisville have an open date week 4? Boardman does according to schedulestar...
from what I was told:
Canfield
N Canton
Lake
Green
Perry
open
open
open
Central
Massillon
Old 09-27-17, 08:48 AM