Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Is Saban the GOAT
Yes 15 75.00%
No 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-18, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Your right that’s comparable... LMAO
I can't believe that someone with your declared college football expertise would laugh at the suggestion that the Mount Union coach at least deserves to be in the discussion here. But maybe I shouldn't be surprised given that you didn't know what Paul Brown had accomplished as a pro coach.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-18, 12:56 AM
All District

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I can't believe that someone with your declared college football expertise would laugh at the suggestion that the Mount Union coach at least deserves to be in the discussion here. But maybe I shouldn't be surprised given that you didn't know what Paul Brown had accomplished as a pro coach.
I have forgotten more about PB then you can read online in a week. I made you give some facts about your argument with Brown and Lombardi since you make statements with nothing to back them up.
Mount and FBS football aren’t even in the same conversation when your trying to compare best ever etc. Best in D3 of course but to compare what they have done to a Bama or ND or any school with a strong history in the FBS is just assinine.
Old 01-10-18, 06:08 AM
All Region

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^
Speaking of "assinine"(sic), it is asinine on your part to say anything at all about "what they have done to a Bama or ND". Who said anything at all about them "doing" anything "to" anybody? Glad to see you summarily dismiss anyone's opinion that differs from yours. It speaks volumes for your opinions.
Old 01-10-18, 10:14 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
^^^
Speaking of "assinine"(sic), it is asinine on your part to say anything at all about "what they have done to a Bama or ND". Who said anything at all about them "doing" anything "to" anybody? Glad to see you summarily dismiss anyone's opinion that differs from yours. It speaks volumes for your opinions.
Reading comprehension 101... start at post #1 and read them all the way through to understand what is being argued.
Old 01-10-18, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I have forgotten more about PB then you can read online in a week. I made you give some facts about your argument with Brown and Lombardi since you make statements with nothing to back them up.
Mount and FBS football aren’t even in the same conversation when your trying to compare best ever etc. Best in D3 of course but to compare what they have done to a Bama or ND or any school with a strong history in the FBS is just assinine.
Sorry, when I listed Lombardi & Paul Brown as two coaches who I would rank ahead of Belichick you quoted me and asked "based on what". If I had known that you were just testing me I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to your question. I just had assumed you were ignorant of PB's accomplishments because you haven't exactly dazzled us with your football knowledge so far. My bad.

As an aside, were my facts on PB right? Did I answer your question to your satisfaction. I await with baited breath your answer.
Old 01-10-18, 11:29 AM
All District

Quote:
Sorry, when I listed Lombardi & Paul Brown as two coaches who I would rank ahead of Belichick you quoted me and asked "based on what". If I had known that you were just testing me I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to your question. I just had assumed you were ignorant of PB's accomplishments because you haven't exactly dazzled us with your football knowledge so far. My bad.

As an aside, were my facts on PB right? Did I answer your question to your satisfaction. I await with baited breath your answer.
Graduating from WHS where everyday I could look at a stadium named for Paul Brown should have been your first clue.
Old 01-10-18, 11:31 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
That explains a lot actually
Old 01-10-18, 01:44 PM
All Region

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Is Nick Saban the best coach of all time?

If not who is better

This for college only

Reading comprehension 101... start at post #1 and read them all the way through to understand what is being argued.

Post number one with your astute observation. First off I, perhaps erroneously, thought that this forum was predicated on an exchange of opinions and ideas. I did not realize that "college" referred to only FBS schools. Nor did I view this as an argument initially. How silly of me. I bow to your superior knowledge and would now ask the moderator to declare Saban the greatest coach of all time and further call for the relocation of the nations capitol to Montgomery, Alabama. Montgomery only because they have had past experience at being the capitol of a country. For you I guess Tuscaloosa should probably be the choice.

Last edited by USA70PP; 01-10-18 at 01:57 PM..
Old 01-10-18, 02:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
Is Nick Saban the best coach of all time?

If not who is better

This for college only

Post number one with your astute observation. First off I, perhaps erroneously, thought that this forum was predicated on an exchange of opinions and ideas. I did not realize that "college" referred to only FBS schools. Nor did I view this as an argument initially. How silly of me. I bow to your superior knowledge and would now ask the moderator to declare Saban the greatest coach of all time and further call for the relocation of the nations capitol to Montgomery, Alabama. Montgomery only because they have had past experience at being the capitol of a country. For you I guess Tuscaloosa should probably be the choice.
My comment about d3 was a joke. Sorry it didn't come off across correctly.
Old 01-10-18, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Graduating from WHS where everyday I could look at a stadium named for Paul Brown should have been your first clue.
And why on earth would I know that you graduated from WHS? Are you some kind of celebrity?
Old 01-10-18, 06:53 PM
All District

Quote:
And why on earth would I know that you graduated from WHS? Are you some kind of celebrity?
The same way we know your ignorant a@& is from Fairfield.
Old 01-10-18, 07:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The same way we know your ignorant a@& is from Fairfield.
I wasn't interested to look to see where you were from. Given that you come across as a bit unhinged I'm glad you're out of my zip code.
Old 01-10-18, 11:51 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
My goodness you don't understand posts here in college football land any better then you did over in debateville.
He's Yappi's Afroman, dontcha know ?
Old 01-10-18, 11:53 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
at the universal reaction to Massill00ney posting. It always ends up in some ed pizzin' contest. WTF?!
Old 01-11-18, 09:57 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Seriously?

I'll just go with Paul Brown, you can look up Vince Lombardi - you know the guy whose name is on the Super Bowl trophy.

* PB founded the Cleveland Browns and then coached them to FIVE straight PRO championships (3 in the AA league and 2 in the NFL), coached his Browns team to TEN STRAIGHT appearances in their league championship game. Overall he went 7 - 3 in the pro league championship games he competed in.

* PB then founded a second freaking NFL team in Cincinnati and coached them into the playoffs 3 times as an expansion team.

* He also won a Big ten championship when coaching Ohio State

* But arguably his greatest coaching achievement was winning BACK TO BACK NATIONAL high school championships as coach of the Massilon Tigers!

As an aside he invented Sports Boosters and sending coaches to your opponents game to scout them.
Arguably his least greatest accomplishment.
Old 01-11-18, 03:28 PM
All World

Odd post deletion
Old 01-11-18, 05:04 PM
All Region

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you're recruiting the east side Columbus area for them for the last 36 years?
Old 01-11-18, 06:32 PM
All World

Explains the drought
Old 01-11-18, 06:53 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
So you're recruiting the east side Columbus area for them for the last 36 years?
Nah we stick to Stark and Northern Summit for that.
Old 01-11-18, 06:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Funny coming from a “St” fan.