Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Answer the question
Yes 27 90.00%
No 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-18, 12:05 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
This is like the Witchta State/ Gonzaga/ VCU in the NCAA basketball tournament. People get excited the day or days they play, but they largely don't tune in and watch. In hoops, you want Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, because those fan bases tune into watch. They don't watch the mid majors.

Now here is my issue with UCF and football, yes, they are 13-0, and largely they don't control their schedule very much. I mean, what major conf team would want to play them in a non-conf game. So they are kind of stuck. Actually, one of their biggest games on the schedule this year was cancelled with Georgia Tech, due to the hurricane. So you look on their schedule and it's Maryland, Navy, Memphis twice, Cincy, East Carolina, Austin Peay, Maine, UConn. So you see, their 13 wins are pretty hollow when you compare it to the major conferences. I'm sure many power 5 schools could play that schedule and go unbeaten. The Auburn win is however, legit and should catapult them into another status. However, with Frost leaving, can they stay legit? Boise State had a nice 4-5 year run in football, and they are still good, but more at the next tier down level.

I think you'd be surprised that the ratings would not be as good as you think.
I think the UCF wins are far from hallow, the way Frost turned that program around in 2 years with the majority of the players being ones he did not recruit was impressive. Will be good to see him do the same at Nebraska
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-18, 12:17 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I think UCF will probably keep plugging at a fairly high level. Huge school, recent cash infusion in facilities I believe, and phenomenal location. IMO, UCF along with USF and Houston all have Boise State potential (or better) for a 4-5 year run with the right guy in charge.
Old 01-03-18, 09:25 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
So basically what you are saying is that Ohio State should get in every year, and the other 3 spots are open to the rest of the country?

It just really frustrates me how Buckeye fans think. But it's what fans do. There is nothing in the playoff format that says that conf champs automatically get in. Let me type that again...THERE IS NOTHING IN THE PLAYOFF FORMAT THAT SAYS THAT CONF CHAMPS AUTOMATICALLY GET IN!!!
Ohio State lost - at home - to Oklahoma by double digits, and it wasn't that close. That aside, the 31 point loss at Iowa should have automatically knocked them out. Iowa was a game over .500. Alabama lost to Auburn, who was in the SEC final and beat two #1 teams this season. I just don't understand why this is so hard for Buckeye fans to understand.
Works for Alabama

Despite all that...OSU still had a better resume than Alabama.
Old 01-03-18, 09:38 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Works for Alabama

Despite all that...OSU still had a better resume than Alabama.
Your right Alabama lost their biggest game of the season at HOME and also lost by 31 to an 8-5 SEC team.

Scarlet pom poms... LMAO
Old 01-03-18, 10:47 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Your right Alabama lost their biggest game of the season at HOME and also lost by 31 to an 8-5 SEC team.

Scarlet pom poms... LMAO
A resume is made up of two sides: your losses and your wins.

Sure, the loss to Oklahoma hurt and the blowout loss to Iowa proved fatal but then again Ohio State had more high quality wins than Bama had. But then this is the problem with the current playoff system. It's relies way to much on opinions and subjective assessments. It's a champion being crowned after a season of mental masturbation. Go to an 8 team or better yet a 12 team playoff field and settle it on the gridiron.
Old 01-03-18, 11:45 PM
All American

SECfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
A resume is made up of two sides: your losses and your wins.

Sure, the loss to Oklahoma hurt and the blowout loss to Iowa proved fatal but then again Ohio State had more high quality wins than Bama had. But then this is the problem with the current playoff system. It's relies way to much on opinions and subjective assessments. It's a champion being crowned after a season of mental masturbation. Go to an 8 team or better yet a 12 team playoff field and settle it on the gridiron.
Best 4 teams got in, whether you like it or not. There been an explanation about why Ohio St did not get in. You just don't want to accept it
Old 01-05-18, 02:23 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
College, definitely. Between the traditions, atmosphere, etc it is unbeatable.

Shocking 14Red and SECfb have only made posts about OSU for some reason.
Old 01-05-18, 03:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
College, definitely. Between the traditions, atmosphere, etc it is unbeatable.

Shocking 14Red and SECfb have only made posts about OSU for some reason.
Geez, wonder why?
Old 01-05-18, 03:50 PM
All American

I do like the NFL better. You are seeing the best football players in the world here. College is a different game. It is ok, but not the best of the best
Old 01-06-18, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Even a poorly played NFL regular season contest can be exciting, due to the parity achieved by the salary rules. College football, due to the recruiting clout of a few programs, actually has far less parity than the NFL.

Most NBA regular season games are of little interest to me. Most are merely meaningless exhibition games to compile stats in and with which to jockey for playoff seeding. Both college sports have more televised games that are more genuine in terms of the effort contested, at least in the first halves. To me, even if the skill level is less than that of pro players, it's usually more entertaining than the NBA. I get all the regular season NBA I need from a highlight show and the 4th qtr of select games.

The play-off games of both pro sports are usually unequaled by most college games, entertainment-wise.
Old 01-06-18, 09:57 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I think every NFL team would beat every college team, so yes I would say the NFL is better. Would any college team come within two touchdowns of an NFL team
Old 01-06-18, 02:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
Geez, wonder why?
Because you both are obsessed with Ohio State.
Old 01-06-18, 02:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Because you both are obsessed with Ohio State.
Not at all, it is some of their biased fans that can't look at things reasonable. Actually it is more the other way a lot of Ohio St fans cant stand the SEC, and Alabama.
Old 01-06-18, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I think every NFL team would beat every college team, so yes I would say the NFL is better. Would any college team come within two touchdowns of an NFL team
Not likely.
Old 01-06-18, 03:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Not at all, it is some of their biased fans that can't look at things reasonable. Actually it is more the other way a lot of Ohio St fans cant stand the SEC, and Alabama.
And yet, here you are on an Ohio based sports website, talking about Ohio State when the topic isn't strictly about them.
Old 01-06-18, 03:21 PM
All American

Quote:
And yet, here you are on an Ohio based sports website, talking about Ohio State when the topic isn't strictly about them.
What is your problem? I gave my opinion on the NFL being better than college, and Ohio St. had been brought up in this topic, and I replied. This is a public forum. And like I said it is the Ohio St people that have triggered most of the convocation, because you know damn well a lot of them can't stand Bama, and the SEC.
Old 01-06-18, 03:43 PM
All World

Quote:
What is your problem? I gave my opinion on the NFL being better than college, and Ohio St. had been brought up in this topic, and I replied. This is a public forum. And like I said it is the Ohio St people that have triggered most of the convocation, because you know damn well a lot of them can't stand Bama, and the SEC.
No problem, I simply pointed out you hadn't talked about topic and only about Ohio State. You only gave your opinion when you got called out. I'm sure some people have an obsessive hate for Bama and the SEC, similarly to how you have an obsessive hate for OSU and the Big 10.
Old 01-06-18, 04:05 PM
All American

Quote:
No problem, I simply pointed out you hadn't talked about topic and only about Ohio State. You only gave your opinion when you got called out. I'm sure some people have an obsessive hate for Bama and the SEC, similarly to how you have an obsessive hate for OSU and the Big 10.
Personally, I don't really care about Ohio St or the Big 10, it is a lot of the Ohio St fan base that is kind of over the top. Believe me.. Bama, and the SEC really don't feel the hatred toward Ohio St, and the Big 10 like Ohio St, and Big10 fans feel toward them.
Old 01-06-18, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
College Saturday much better day than NFL Sunday,survey says.
Old 01-06-18, 06:46 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Not likely.

That was my 14red impersonation. Not very good
Old 01-06-18, 08:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
That was my 14red impersonation. Not very good
You should probably chomp up two Oxy, chase it with a four finger glass of chilled vodka, and then hit yourself in the forehead with a ball peen hammer a few times before your next attempt.
Old 01-07-18, 08:04 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I think if the NFL stopped the clock to move the chains inside the two-minute warning it would drastically improve its product. The end of close games aren't as compelling as they should be because of their stupid clock rule.
Old 01-11-18, 11:48 AM
All World

Quote:
Personally, I don't really care about Ohio St or the Big 10, it is a lot of the Ohio St fan base that is kind of over the top. Believe me.. Bama, and the SEC really don't feel the hatred toward Ohio St, and the Big 10 like Ohio St, and Big10 fans feel toward them.
Again, yet here you where a solid 50% of your posts are about Ohio State or the Big 10. Believe me, that isn't true.
Old 01-11-18, 12:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Again, yet here you where a solid 50% of your posts are about Ohio State or the Big 10. Believe me, that isn't true.
What isn't true? Other people were bringing things up in this topic on Ohio St, and the Big 10, and I was just replying.
Old 01-11-18, 12:57 PM
All World

Quote:
What isn't true? Other people were bringing things up in this topic on Ohio St, and the Big 10, and I was just replying.
Bama and SEC fans certainly have a great dislike for OSU and the Big 10. And yes, you almost always only post to talk about OSU, that's my point.
Old 01-11-18, 01:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Bama and SEC fans certainly have a great dislike for OSU and the Big 10. And yes, you almost always only post to talk about OSU, that's my point.
Maybe the ones you talk to, but the people I know really are not bothered either way. But we already know how most Ohio St fans feel about Bama, and the SEC.
Old 01-11-18, 01:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Maybe the ones you talk to, but the people I know really are not bothered either way. But we already know how most Ohio St fans feel about Bama, and the SEC.
Yeah, but your entire opinion of Ohio State fans is based on less than 10 Yappi posters. So I'm guessing the "people you know" are 2 of your cousins and Jim Bob from down the road. I, on the other hand, talk to alumni of multiple SEC schools (mostly Georgia, handful of Bama, South Carolina and Florida).

Edit: Hell, half the people behind me at the UGA-South Carolina game were more interested in the Ohio State-Iowa score than they were with the game in front of them.
Old 01-11-18, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
No I think what we're saying is that if Ohio State WINS the B1G EVERY year then they should get in. Ditto for any other P5 conference champs.

The fact that the current deeply flawed playoff system doesn't include enough teams to allow automatic bids for P5 conference champs is simply a reflection on the poor design of the current system and the incompetence of the folks who put it together.

Just look at the arguments you're making Red! In the world of SPORTS where championships are settled on the field of play you have a paragraph that looks like a lesson in subjective analogy. That is not how you create a playoff field. THE MORE automatic bids BASED ON PERFORMANCE, like conference championships, the BETTER!

And for the record, following the corrupt and flawed rules of how we pick the 4 playoff teams today Ohio State should NOT have been included. But that DOESN'T make the current system an effective way to determine a true champion. The sample size is simply to small.
So you argued is should have been Penn State in 2016 then, CORRECT?
Old 01-11-18, 01:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Yeah, but your entire opinion of Ohio State fans is based on less than 10 Yappi posters. So I'm guessing the "people you know" are 2 of your cousins and Jim Bob from down the road.
Say what you want most Ohio St. fans can't stand Bama, and SEC
Don't see what the big deal in admitting that. Ohio St. and the Big Ten, are no factor for Alabama, or SEC if you think about it. They do think some of their fan base can be kind of odd
Old 01-11-18, 01:18 PM
All World

Quote:
Say what you want most Ohio St. fans can't stand Bama, and SEC
Don't see what the big deal in admitting that. Ohio St. and the Big Ten, are no factor for Alabama, or SEC if you think about it. They do think some of their fan base can be kind of odd
I haven't denied it, in fact I have admitted it. Ohio State and the Big 10 are a factor to Alabama and the SEC. Otherwise Bama/SEC fans wouldn't talk about Ohio State/the Big 10.