Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-03-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Can Minnesota hold on to Fleck?
I think he's there until he gets a top-15 job. Same as Campbell at Iowa State. I would bet each will be at their current schools for at least another 2-3 years.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-18, 11:35 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I was a bit shocked today when I heard an LA writer with no Buckeye ties, Bill Plaschke, emphatically state that OSU was just a flat out better team than 'Bama this year. He had attended both Bowl games and stated it unequivocally.
There is an underlying dislike for Alabama across the country, mainly because they win all the time. I'm convinced the sports media, looking out for their own good, would like to see a 16 or 32 team college football playoff. They want more and more and more, and yet they'll complain the players don't get any money.
I'm guessing Plaschke didn't go to the Buckeye/ Sooner game or the Buckeye / Hawkeye game. USC lost to Wash St. and got drilled by Notre Dame.
Old 01-03-18, 01:49 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Can Minnesota hold on to Fleck?
As long as he has losing records they can. Better question can the Boilers keep Brohm ( sp ).
Old 01-03-18, 03:21 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I think he's there until he gets a top-15 job. Same as Campbell at Iowa State. I would bet each will be at their current schools for at least another 2-3 years.
I could see both of them in the mix to replace Urban at some point.
Old 01-03-18, 03:26 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Typical OSU/B1G homer. I give you facts and actual reasons why one is in over the other and you throw a tantrum.

It doesn't matter that Alabama beat no one. They only lost once to Auburn.
Ohio State lost twice. USC lost twice.
Alabama's regular season schedule will be better than Ohio States. The Buckeyes have a league of soft opponents, then they get matched up in the conf championship game with a medocre team from the other division. It's a great setup for the Buckeyes. Only issue this year is they lost to Oklahoma at home and then didn't show up at Iowa. Guys you can whine an complain all you want, you simply can't lose by 31 points to a .500 Iowa team and expect to get any sympathy. Just simply was a Buckeye team with flaws.
Old 01-03-18, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Alabama's regular season schedule will be better than Ohio States. The Buckeyes have a league of soft opponents, then they get matched up in the conf championship game with a medocre team from the other division. It's a great setup for the Buckeyes. Only issue this year is they lost to Oklahoma at home and then didn't show up at Iowa. Guys you can whine an complain all you want, you simply can't lose by 31 points to a .500 Iowa team and expect to get any sympathy. Just simply was a Buckeye team with flaws.
Is that the same league that just went 7-1 in bowls?

Their schedule wasn't better this year.

Iowa isn't a 500 team...they finished the season with one more loss than Auburn...you know the team that drilled Bama?
Old 01-03-18, 09:20 PM
All Ohio

Ts1960 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post

Iowa isn't a 500 team...they finished the season with one more loss than Auburn...you know the team that drilled Bama?
Who is playing Monday night ?
Old 01-04-18, 12:26 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I could see both of them in the mix to replace Urban at some point.
I would bet there's a very high probability that one of those guys or Fickell (should he prove himself at UC) will be the next coach at Ohio State, however far down the road that may be. There's too many connections to the state, school or staff to believe otherwise.

I would probably put Campbell as the odds on favorite. He seems to genuinely like Iowa State and appears to not be in a rush for just any job. NEO guy who's every coaching stop prior to Iowa State has been in Ohio, and he reportedly had an offer to join Urban's staff at the time he succeeded Tim Beckman at Toledo. I tend to think that Ohio State is his ultimate end game.
Old 01-04-18, 08:32 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
tell Bama to play a NON conference Home and Home with anybody......or are they playing Mercer next year at Mercer?
Old 01-04-18, 08:35 AM
All World

Quote:

don't put facts in front of the boy......I still can't believe my Bucks got beat by Iowa......But Bama needs to play somebody, the SEC was WEAK this year, a true Bama football fan would have to admit that, it was WEAK....
Old 01-04-18, 08:36 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I would bet there's a very high probability that one of those guys or Fickell (should he prove himself at UC) will be the next coach at Ohio State, however far down the road that may be. There's too many connections to the state, school or staff to believe otherwise.

I would probably put Campbell as the odds on favorite. He seems to genuinely like Iowa State and appears to not be in a rush for just any job. NEO guy who's every coaching stop prior to Iowa State has been in Ohio, and he reportedly had an offer to join Urban's staff at the time he succeeded Tim Beckman at Toledo. I tend to think that Ohio State is his ultimate end game.
maybe Flecks too
Old 01-04-18, 08:40 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Harhaugh set to coach the Bengals per CNN
perfect opportunity for Arizona coach to come back to Michigan, but I heard he wants to bring his administrative assistant with him

Last edited by bigkat; 01-04-18 at 08:56 AM..
Old 01-04-18, 08:49 AM
All American

SECfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
tell Bama to play a NON conference Home and Home with anybody......or are they playing Mercer next year at Mercer?
Tell your own Buckeyes to stop losing to mediocre teams by 31 points. Should worry about your own team, rather than what Alabama does or doesn't do.
Old 01-04-18, 08:53 AM
All American

Quote:
Tell your Buckeyes to stop losing by 31 points to mediocre teams. Who gives a about home and home
Old 01-04-18, 08:55 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
Tell your own Buckeyes to stop losing to mediocre teams by 31 points. Should worry about your own team, rather than what Alabama does or doesn't do.
I admit that they should have never lost to the Hawkeyes....but u need to admit that the SEC was WEAK this year, and that Bama needs to play Home and Home with anybody in NON conference...heck it has been since 2010 since they have.....and WHY would you play MERCER? that's a county in OHIO, isn't it?
Old 01-04-18, 08:57 AM
All World

Quote:
u should be worried about the DOESN'T part......
Old 01-04-18, 08:59 AM
All American

Quote:
u should be worried about the DOESN'T part......
I guess I am not, and don't have too
Old 01-04-18, 09:03 AM
All American

Quote:
I admit that they should have never lost to the Hawkeyes....but u need to admit that the SEC was WEAK this year, and that Bama needs to play Home and Home with anybody in NON conference...heck it has been since 2010 since they have.....and WHY would you play MERCER? that's a county in OHIO, isn't it?
SEC depth was down this year with the bottpm, and middle part, but look who is playing in the National Championship game. Yes, 2 SEC teams
Old 01-04-18, 09:07 AM
All World

Quote:
I guess I am not, and don't have too
yes u do.....u are in a BIG TEN thread, last time I looked it didn't mention the WEAK SEC conference in the title....

now go get your sister and start planning your wedding
Old 01-04-18, 09:10 AM
All American

Quote:
yes u do.....u are in a BIG TEN thread, last time I looked it didn't mention the WEAK SEC conference in the title....

now go get your sister and start planning your wedding
Alabama vs Georgia.. for theNational Championship Monday night. Let that marinate for a bit
Old 01-04-18, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Please explain how Ohio State's schedule will end up worse than Alabama? Regular season of course because I'm just not seeing it.
Old 01-04-18, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

You keep saying Auburn drilled Bama but that couldn't be further from the truth. Bama led 14-13 in the 3rd and was only down 20-14 entering the 4th.
Old 01-04-18, 09:13 AM
All World

Quote:
Alabama vs Georgia.. for theNational Championship Monday night. Let that marinate for a bit

I think UCF has a claim to that title....they beat the Mighty tigers who beat which two teams?
Old 01-04-18, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Also, the B1G did have MUCH better bowl matchups because they didn't have anyone in the Playoff. Granted 7-1 is impressive any way you slice it and they did have 3 wins in major bowl matchups (two of them over Pac 12 opponents though).
Old 01-04-18, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Close, the get The Citadel at home.
Old 01-04-18, 09:18 AM
All World

Quote:
You keep saying Auburn drilled Bama but that couldn't be further from the truth. Bama led 14-13 in the 3rd and was only down 20-14 entering the 4th.
26-14, but what I watched, the Tigers beat them pretty good.....
Old 01-04-18, 09:20 AM
All World

Quote:
by the way, i'm sure you live by the WORDS SPOKEN BY SABAN, like it was a bible don't you? You believe that what he says should be put in stone , RIGHT?
Old 01-04-18, 09:22 AM
All World

Quote:
Also, the B1G did have MUCH better bowl matchups because they didn't have anyone in the Playoff. Granted 7-1 is impressive any way you slice it and they did have 3 wins in major bowl matchups (two of them over Pac 12 opponents though).
the PAC 12 was very similar to the SEC this year as a WHOLE...
Old 01-04-18, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

For the schedule humpers complaining about Alabama's weak schedule, the people you should be mad at is the Committee. They basically rewarded Alabama for not playing anyone OOC, and when they do, it's a neutral site in Dallas, Atlanta and next year Orlando.

Ohio State doesn't have to schedule these tough OOC home and home games. They can go back to scheduling the small Ohio MAC schools and the service academies.
Old 01-04-18, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
the PAC 12 was very similar to the SEC this year as a WHOLE...
Pac 12 was the worst conference in the Power 5. If the SEC wasn't the best this year, they were at least 2nd.