Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-26-17, 11:44 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
This sums up my feelings on Clay Travis: https://deadspin.com/bearded-baby-cl...nin-1797063660
Deadspin blows. Travis is a giant azz hole, but he's entertaining and one of the few mainstream sports media guys who tears down the SJW influence.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-17, 11:46 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed on him being a giant ahole. Disagree about him being entertaining, or the idea we need sports media personalities to crusade against SJW's. I can't imagine anything more boring.
Old 11-26-17, 11:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Agreed on him being a giant ahole. Disagree about him being entertaining, or the idea we need sports media personalities to crusade against SJW's. I can't imagine anything more boring.
It's necessary bc of ppl like Jemele Hill.
Old 11-27-17, 12:15 AM
All World

Just ignore her and she'll go away. She gets more life from people like you obsessing over her than she does from anyone who's actually a fan. Same idea as Skip Bayless. Or in politics, Milo.
Old 11-27-17, 12:16 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
The most impressive thing the Tennessee program has has done in 10+ years is become the most hated fanbase in a matter of hours.
Old 11-27-17, 12:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just ignore her and she'll go away. She gets more life from people like you obsessing over her than she does from anyone who's actually a fan. Same idea as Skip Bayless. Or in politics, Milo.
Seriously, not sure how people don't understand this. Quit being a child, ignore it, and live your life. Though if one doesn't have a life the obsessing over Jemele Hill makes sense.
Old 11-27-17, 01:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
That's the thing they don't go away, it's the new culture in sports media. Someone needs to point out Kap is a tool and not Rosa Parks
Old 11-27-17, 01:15 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Yeah, anyone who thinks ignoring an individual will cause the issue to go away doesn't understand the issue in the slightest.
Old 11-27-17, 01:22 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That's the thing they don't go away
Because people like you can't resist giving them attention.

Quote:
Someone needs to point out Kap is a tool and not Rosa Parks
Plenty of people have. The vast majority of the country disapproves of his behavior and he remains unemployed at least partially because of it. What war do you feel you're losing?
Old 11-27-17, 08:06 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
would love nothing more than to see joey freshwater back at ut. He's easily my 2nd favorite coach behind leach.
+1
Old 11-27-17, 08:11 AM
All World

Love all this re: Tennessee. Couldn't happen to a worse fan base. They haven't been relevant since Peyton and the year immediately after he left. They have a losing record in all their major rivalries (Bama, Auburn, Florida) except Georgia, who is one win away from tying the all time win-loss. They have one legit National Title in the last 50 years. You'd think, listening to their fan base, they'd have the history of Bama.
Old 11-27-17, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Love all this re: Tennessee. Couldn't happen to a worse fan base. They haven't been relevant since Peyton and the year immediately after he left. They have a losing record in all their major rivalries (Bama, Auburn, Florida) except Georgia, who is one win away from tying the all time win-loss. They have one legit National Title in the last 50 years. You'd think, listening to their fan base, they'd have the history of Bama.
and to think, I felt sorry for them when the hire was announced. They deserve to end up with Brady Hoke as their permanent HC.
Old 11-27-17, 08:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Because people like you can't resist giving them attention.

Plenty of people have. The vast majority of the country disapproves of his behavior and he remains unemployed at least partially because of it. What war do you feel you're losing?
In the media? No, they haven't. ESPN has been gurgling his balls for over a year.
Old 11-27-17, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I heard on the radio this morning that Jimmy Haslam was the front man for Tennessee to approach and interview Schiano. How damn perfect is that? Taco is correct in pointing out how the Tennessee faithful are waaaaaaay too enamored with their position in college football. They're the Massillon Tiger fans of college football.
Old 11-27-17, 09:46 AM
All Yappi

I think Schiano would've been a disaster. I would say, if you're a young guy like Matt Campbell, and you have decent success at UT, you can write your ticket for an NFL gig.
Old 11-27-17, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
A lot of moving parts on the Tennessee situation and the biggest take away is that sometimes a fit is more important than the credentials of the actual candidate. There are a lot of football folks that think Schiano is a solid NCAA coach that deserves another HC gig but is a SEC job with a fan base that has delusional view of their place in NCAA football really the best fit for him? It probably was not so maybe in the long run it was a good thing for all involved. With social media allowing the fan base a say in the process the hiring of a college coach has probably changed for the worse. At this point maybe Schiano heads to the American and proves himself there again before getting a gig at a place that will be less of a fish bowl.

Also this has to be a serious wake up call for Volunteer fans as they come off as unrealistic in their coaching search. At this point UCLA and Florida had first dibs with Texas A&M, Nebraska, and Arkansas now getting the next pick of the better names. So not only have some of the better current Head Coaches been scared away, (Mike Gundy, David Cutcliffe, and Jeff Brohm) but they will probably over pay for a name to save face. A name to watch is Brent Venables. He is currently battling Mike Norwell for the Arkansas job, but is viewed by many Vols fans as the next Kirby Smart and they may over pay to give them the feeling they are better than Arkansas. Basically they are betting on a coordinator hitting it big at this point and maybe that is better than hiring a guy like Schiano.
Old 11-27-17, 11:24 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think Schiano would've been a disaster. I would say, if you're a young guy like Matt Campbell, and you have decent success at UT, you can write your ticket for an NFL gig.
Why would Campbell want to go to UT? ... If he has decent success at Iowa State he get a big gig .... easier to do in B12 than SEC ... unless it is a money grab ... He will stay put until a really good job comes calling.
Old 11-27-17, 12:34 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
sig did you see Matt Jones' tweet about the Tennessee fan on peroscope going off on UK fans and their black athletes. Good stuff
Old 11-27-17, 12:52 PM
All World

My boss, who is a big time Aggie booster, says they will offer enough money to Jimbo that he will come. This is after paying Sumlin 10.4 million (even if he takes another job).

He gave 500,000 to go directly to Sumlin's buyout so I'd say he probably has a good idea as to what is going on st the university.
Old 11-27-17, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
sig did you see Matt Jones' tweet about the Tennessee fan on peroscope going off on UK fans and their black athletes. Good stuff
Higher moral ground...pfffft.
Old 11-27-17, 01:02 PM
All World

Quote:
My boss, who is a big time Aggie booster, says they will offer enough money to Jimbo that he will come. This is after paying Sumlin 10.4 million (even if he takes another job).

He gave 500,000 to go directly to Sumlin's buyout so I'd say he probably has a good idea as to what is going on st the university.
I could google it but I'm lazy. What's Jimbo making at FSU right now?
Old 11-27-17, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

Looks like Jimbo made $5.5 million this year
Old 11-27-17, 01:26 PM
All World

thanks, ronnie.
Old 11-27-17, 01:28 PM
All World

You guys think Tennessee is delusional? Texas AM isn't very far behind. They are willing to spend the money to compete.

If he rejects AM it won't be because of money is what I was told.
Old 11-27-17, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
A&M has had pretty middling results for a long time, but they at least have a recruiting hotbed in their own backyard. Back when they made the move to the SEC I thought that they seemed to have a serious little brother complex in regards to Texas. It doesn't shock me that they'd spend huge money to get Jimbo. They've spent huge money on facilities in recent years. I believe I caught a blurb speculating they'll offer $7.5 million+ per year. Between facilities and recruiting proximity (Houston, DFW, New Orleans), I could actually believe a high-end guy could win big there.

This Tennessee thing is hilarious considering they've been a dumpster fire over the last decade since firing Fulmer. Fans, local media, prominent local figures, etc. view that job as being on par in the region with Bama, Florida, etc. There's a reason their past few coaches have included Derek Dooley and Butch Jones, and it's not entirely on crappy administration. The job simply isn't that good due to the weak in-state recruiting pool and the heavy competition in regional recruiting.
Old 11-27-17, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
I have said it before, TAM, with the right coach is very dangerous. They have used their SEC ties correctly, facility upgrades, have recruited well, Sumlin just couldn't get it done.
Old 11-27-17, 02:20 PM
All World

Their facilities are pretty sweet, everything is new on this campus. Actually on campus right now next to Kyle Field.

With Texas being down it has the potential to go on a run with the right coach.

Yes warrior they have a serious little brother problem. It's comical.
Old 11-27-17, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You guys think Tennessee is delusional? Texas AM isn't very far behind. They are willing to spend the money to compete.

If he rejects AM it won't be because of money is what I was told.
UT is delusional, some fans actually believe Jason Witten will retire mid season and become HC. Even if Witten wants to do this, it'd be an all time horrible hire.
Old 11-27-17, 04:54 PM
All World

Quote:
UT is delusional, some fans actually believe Jason Witten will retire mid season and become HC. Even if Witten wants to do this, it'd be an all time horrible hire.
Definitely delusional. Shouldn't have ran fat Phil out of town
Old 11-27-17, 05:54 PM
All World

Clay Travis pushing Jason Witten, a current NFL player with zero coaching experience at any level, for head coach. Now Witten has issued a statement saying he's not interested

When what would be the worst hire in the history of major college football turns you down, it might be time to reevaluate your program's standing.