Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-12-19, 12:14 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
D5 r17

According to info posted on the OHSFCA site, this is who will be included in D5 R17:

BARNESVILLE
BELLAIRE
BERKSHIRE
BUCKEYE LOCAL
CANTON CENTRAL CATHOLIC
CHAMPION
CONNEAUT
CRESTVIEW
CRESTWOOD
EDISON
GARAWAY
GARFIELD
GILMOUR ACADEMY
GRAND VALLEY
HARRISON CENTRAL
JEFFERSON AREA
KIRTLAND
MANCHESTER
MARTINS FERRY
ROOTSTOWN
SANDY VALLEY
SOUTH RANGE
SOUTHEAST
TUSLAW
WATERLOO
WICKLIFFE

Thoughts? Early predictions?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-19, 12:18 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Kirtland gotta be the early favorite.

South Range and CCC both should really good as always, but their regular season game might be almost an elimination game given the brutal schedules both play
Old 06-12-19, 01:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Kirtland gotta be the early favorite.

South Range and CCC both should really good as always, but their regular season game might be almost an elimination game given the brutal schedules both play
I agree, Kirtland would have to be the favorite in the region based on recent history. CCC, Manchester, Bellaire, Martins Ferry, and South Range should all be factors.
Old 06-14-19, 02:02 PM
Freshman

Wedge Donavan is on a distinguished road
This should be Bellaires best team since 2005
Old 06-15-19, 09:21 AM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
This region has 10 teams that made the playoffs last year:
Kirtland 25.6 R21, Manchester 19.7, Rootstown 19.6 R21, Gilmour 17.3, Crestview 17.1, Martins Ferry 16.1 R19, Wickliffe 15.8, Bellaire 15.6 R 19, Sandy Valley 15.3, and Tuslaw 14.3
Sugarcreek Garaway is also in the region 15.9
2017 playoff teams South Range and Grand Valley are also here as is Canton Central Catholic.
Crestwood returns a nice group of players as well.
Old 06-15-19, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Kirtland
Manchester
CCC
Gilmour Academy
South Range
Rootstown
Crestview
Tuslaw
Martins Ferry
Bellaire

Last edited by FirestoneFan; 06-15-19 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-17-19, 01:36 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
Kirtland
Manchester
CCC
Gilmour Academy
South Range
Rootstown
Crestview
Tuslaw
Martins Ferry
Bellaire
Manchester and Gilmour are probably happy not to see Orrville in this region, but....enter Kirtland!
Old 06-17-19, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Depending on points and wins CCC could be # 1 in this region. Their schedule is tough. Not meaning they could beat Kirtland but seeding will be important. IMO Orrville is prohibitive favorite to win the championship but the pre season hasn't even started yet.

Good Luck to all players!!
Old 06-18-19, 08:41 AM
All American

Stizostedion
This will be Kirtland and CCC. The real state championship in Div V will be played sometime between Week 11 and Week 13 in Region 17. That is what happened last year when Manchester and Orrville played for the Div V championship. Whoever won that game was going to win it all. Same thing this year but CCC and Kirtland will be the top two teams.
Old 06-18-19, 02:29 PM
Junior Varsity

sbfan10 is on a distinguished road
South Range/CCC will not be elimination game due to both of their schedules. Those 2 schedules may be 2 of the toughest in d5. Both could win 6 games and get in
Old 06-18-19, 03:08 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfan10 View Post
South Range/CCC will not be elimination game due to both of their schedules. Those 2 schedules may be 2 of the toughest in d5. Both could win 6 games and get in
Thatís the thing, both of them getting 6 wins. Iím not sure I see either getting their with a loss to the other
Old 06-18-19, 07:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Thatís the thing, both of them getting 6 wins. Iím not sure I see either getting their with a loss to the other
Manchester is in a similar boat. The PAC appears to be loaded this year. It could be a meat grinder with four evenly matched schools trading wins. A school with a 7-3 or 6-4 record could actually win that league but be in danger of missing out on a top seed. You could see Manchester, CCC, and South Range in the bottom four and challenging Kirtland when it's all said and done.
Old 06-18-19, 08:01 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
This will be Kirtland and CCC. The real state championship in Div V will be played sometime between Week 11 and Week 13 in Region 17. That is what happened last year when Manchester and Orrville played for the Div V championship. Whoever won that game was going to win it all. Same thing this year but CCC and Kirtland will be the top two teams.
I must have been living in an alternate reality. Didnít Gilmour lose to Orville in triple overtime?

I donít see Central as a state contender this year either. Maybe Iíll be proven wrong if they got a bunch of linemen that transferred in.
Old 06-18-19, 08:25 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
South range has a lot of points available in their new conference, but that could also hurt them for wins that they are accustomed to
Old 06-19-19, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Why do you believe CCC will contend for this region? I don't know what to expect from this year's edition of CCC Football. There are plenty of holes to fill against another challenging schedule.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 06-19-19 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-21-19, 07:25 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
I must have been living in an alternate reality. Didn’t Gilmour lose to Orville in triple overtime?

I don’t see Central as a state contender this year either. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong if they got a bunch of linemen that transferred in.
You could make that argument about Gilmour. I was at that game. I felt Gilmour was playing above its head and Orrville was playing a bad game. Even with Orrville playing badly the Riders were still up by three scores at one point. Gilmour got some lucky breaks to come from behind. Manchester and Orrville were evenly matched. I did not see the first game but Manchester pounded Orrville in the regular season. I was at the playoff game. It was close until Orrville went up by two scores and Manchester did not have a passing game to get back into it. You make a good point and that is that probably any of the top four teams in Region 17 last year would have won the championship if they could make it through.
Old 06-21-19, 09:29 AM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You could make that argument about Gilmour. I was at that game. I felt Gilmour was playing above its head and Orrville was playing a bad game. Even with Orrville playing badly the Riders were still up by three scores at one point. Gilmour got some lucky breaks to come from behind. Manchester and Orrville were evenly matched. I did not see the first game but Manchester pounded Orrville in the regular season. I was at the playoff game. It was close until Orrville went up by two scores and Manchester did not have a passing game to get back into it. You make a good point and that is that probably any of the top four teams in Region 17 last year would have won the championship if they could make it through.
Fair assessment. Gilmour had the two best individual players/athletes in the Region last year IMO.
Old 06-21-19, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Football Fanatik is on a distinguished road
CCC would beat them badly. None of those schools play their schedule and if they did, they wouldnít make the playoffs either. No disrespect to these fine programs but itís true.
Old 06-21-19, 02:26 PM
Varsity

ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fanatik View Post
CCC would beat them badly. None of those schools play their schedule and if they did, they wouldnít make the playoffs either. No disrespect to these fine programs but itís true.
Is South Range one of the programs you are speaking about? Because they played a tough schedule just like CCC and beat CCC 19-13 last year. In fact, I think that South Range could have beaten just about everyone in D5 last year had they gotten in! I'm not saying they WOULD have won it all, but I think that they very well COULD have. I certainly don't see them being blown out by anyone at the very least!
Old 06-21-19, 03:12 PM
Junior Varsity

Football Fanatik is on a distinguished road
Nope wasnít talking about them as they did have a challenging schedule and just like CCC didnít make it in. They play again this year and it should be a good one. Again, not cutting on any team but the schedule CCC plays every year either sets them up for success in the playoffs or they donít get in. If they do get in they typically go very far due to the level of teams they play & occasionally defeat. The fans always complain about the schedule but the coaches want the team playing up in competition. I like it.