Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-01-19, 08:05 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
If I remember correctly it was a very close first half.
If I remember correctly it was 13-7 at half and we had the ball at about the 20 and couldn’t punch it in. Yes we should be ashamed of losing 3 games that year to...
Iggy- D-1 State Champ and Natl Champ
Moeller- D-1 runner-up
Cleve St Joe- D-2 State Champ
Old 03-01-19, 08:08 PM
Moderated User

carl57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
If I remember correctly it was 13-7 at half and we had the ball at about the 20 and couldn’t punch it in. Yes we should be ashamed of losing 3 games that year to...
Moeller- D-1 runner-up
you lost.
Old 03-01-19, 08:10 PM
Moderated User

carl57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Moeller- D-1 runner-up
all that Matters is you lost. good night
Old 03-01-19, 09:10 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have to tell anyone and won't you POS, they'll read it for themselves. I'm sure you know what a POS system is, don't you burger boy? Did you upsize those fries yet?
Old 03-01-19, 09:15 PM
All District

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
I will give you credit TP, yes KW is a great coach. Perry has some good lineman and i guess a few transfers are coming. Not going to comment on that. But, having missed the playoffs last year by a few points, i look for the Tigers and Panthers to meet in the playoffs.

Perry did get some really talented transfers so far. Should help them.

It’ll be a battle between them and Hoover for the Federal League.... we will probably play both in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-19, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Smells multi in here.
Old 03-01-19, 09:33 PM
All District

Anyways, back to Massillon football....

(Gotta love the haters and losers ! )

Old 03-01-19, 09:49 PM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassillonTigers3 View Post
Who are you referring to?
I believe the kids name is jackson.
Old 03-01-19, 09:56 PM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Our new nemesis here is someone who got quite all of a sudden. Some people live to hate Massillon.
Old 03-01-19, 10:54 PM
Junior Varsity

Jball99 is on a distinguished road
I’m pretty excited for the upcoming season. Most of you have said most of what I see/feel so I’ll make it quick. Some uncertainty brings room for some surprise along the way. Prediction wise I don’t see any worse than 8-2. Another 10-0 season definitely looks feasible.

Toughest game I see is Barberton. Also seeing as this game could have some big seeding implications as that time rolls around! (Obviously seeding doesn’t matter but could be difference between playing home or traveling first round)

As far as region 7 goes, definitely looks to be a blood bath with the likes of Perry, Hoover, Barberton and Wadsworth. Definitely will lead to some very exciting matchups I hope. Whoever makes it out will definitely have earned it but that’s looking a little far ahead. Anyways, looking for another great season in tiger town. Can’t wait
Old 03-02-19, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
I will give you credit TP, yes KW is a great coach. Perry has some good lineman and i guess a few transfers are coming. Not going to comment on that. But, having missed the playoffs last year by a few points, i look for the Tigers and Panthers to meet in the playoffs.
In case you are expecting a negative tongue lashing from the usual suspects, don't worry you're safe here. I am only curious if they are familiar names but we'll learn of them when we learn of them. Ditto on the next Perry vs. Massillon playoff game - whenever it should occur.

Fwiw I was very impressed with Wadsworth. They return alot and if as good as last year we'll both have our hands full.
Old 03-02-19, 04:06 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
2019 looks to be another great year for the Tigers. There is a young man I'm interested in who played RB last year on the jv team, last name is Beasley I believe. We return a really good nucleus of talent and maintain cohesion in the coaching staff, barring any kind of catastrophe in terms of injuries etc. it will be another year for all the haters to wallow in their tears. If we can win the Fed again this year by beating McK in the regular season and Hoover/Perry in the playoffs then I'll consider it another successful season. Any wins we post beyond that will be icing on the cake. Go Tigers!
Old 03-02-19, 04:37 PM
All World

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
If we can win the Fed again this year
Nope. You have never won the Fed because you would have to actually be IN the league and then play a full schedule.

This kind of stuff is why Massillon is held in low esteem by many fans. It's not that you win, it's that you don't win with class. And to a large part, why you're not able to win the Fed League.

Some Mass fans are knowledgeable and sportsmanlike. But the rest tarnish the otherwise fine reputation of success. If they could handle success without being an azz it would be better for all concerned.
Old 03-02-19, 04:52 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Nope. You have never won the Fed because you would have to actually be IN the league and then play a full schedule.

This kind of stuff is why Massillon is held in low esteem by many fans. It's not that you win, it's that you don't win with class. And to a large part, why you're not able to win the Fed League.

Some Mass fans are knowledgeable and sportsmanlike. But the rest tarnish the otherwise fine reputation of success. If they could handle success without being an azz it would be better for all concerned.

Yawnnnnnnn

Old 03-02-19, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Well said.
Old 03-02-19, 06:30 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Just figured by beating the Federal League champion most years, that would then make us the de-facto Federal League champion in those years? Makes sense to me, but that's just my two cents...TIG!
Old 03-02-19, 07:47 PM
All Region

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just figured by beating the Federal League champion most years, that would then make us the de-facto Federal League champion in those years? Makes sense to me, but that's just my two cents...TIG!
As a fellow Massillon fan, I am hoping you are saying that in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek way. Not that it really matters but this is the kind of stuff that brings out the haters and the trolls, and they certainly don't need much prompting to come out of their holes.
Old 03-02-19, 08:05 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a running joke among Massillon fans, I'm sure all of them realize you can't win the Fed if you aren't in the Fed. If anyone really means it they need to reevaluate their reasoning process. As for Fed fans, if it bothers you that much you might also want to reevaluate the same. Kind of like the Massilltucky joke they throw out there all the time. And yes, both statements will draw people to make other derogatory statements. Both sides are kind of weak-minded if they can't take it in stride and not get overly offended.

Old 03-02-19, 09:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Just figured by beating the Federal League champion most years, that would then make us the de-facto Federal League champion
Do you have paper Fed League titles too?
Old 03-03-19, 08:34 AM
All Yappi

Massillon has sought to join the FL many times only to be rebuffed. That adds fuel. Yes it is smack and the jabs go both ways. I personally don't go there cuz no need. Disrespectful, and head to head records "on the field" trump.

I will say the FL is a very competitive football league. Defeating the league champ is always satisfying. In ALL sports I consider the FL a "premier" ps league. Those are compliments.
Old 03-03-19, 09:16 AM
All World

As I said, there are knowledgeable and sportsmanlike Tiger fans such as yourself.
Old 03-03-19, 09:37 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Massillon has sought to join the FL many times only to be rebuffed. That adds fuel. Yes it is smack and the jabs go both ways. I personally don't go there cuz no need. Disrespectful, and head to head records "on the field" trump.

I will say the FL is a very competitive football league. Defeating the league champ is always satisfying. In ALL sports I consider the FL a "premier" ps league. Those are compliments.
Two comments. This is a great post and obviously I concur. However, most comments that come from us in Tigertown are usually predicated by some idiotic post sucking them in. Some of us Massillon people aren't as good ignoring as others. LOL.
Old 03-03-19, 09:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Two comments. This is a great post and obviously I concur. However, most comments that come from us in Tigertown are usually predicated by some idiotic post sucking them in. Some of us Massillon people aren't as good ignoring as others. LOL.
Very true on all counts. It's just so hard sometimes to ignore the "idiotic posts" you refer to. And it's just so much fun pointing out the idiocy and in many cases the hypocrisy.
Old 03-03-19, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
2019 looks to be another great year for the Tigers. There is a young man I'm interested in who played RB last year on the jv team, last name is Beasley I believe.
Jr-to-be Jean-Luc Beasley. More of quick elusive type, and yes he will be good. Like others said neither have JT size but Beasley esp. will add a new dimension than the smashmouth style we've been accustomed to and will complement Phifer well. Raekwan Venson is another jr who will add depth. I was surprised Hodges got carries vs. Hoban (and did well) but we were behind the 8 ball on short notice. Returning starter at db.
Old 03-03-19, 10:32 AM
All American

MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Jr-to-be Jean-Luc Beasley. More of quick elusive type, and yes he will be good. Like others said neither have JT size but Beasley esp. will add a new dimension than the smashmouth style we've been accustomed to and will complement Phifer well. Raekwan Venson is another jr who will add depth. I was surprised Hodges got carries vs. Hoban (and did well) but we were behind the 8 ball on short notice. Returning starter at db.
The younger Beasley could turn some heads this fall.
Old 03-03-19, 11:03 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
First, that wasn't me. Second, leave family out of this. Even though she probably makes twice as much as you at 22 years old, you effing loser.
Ole Digits makes his triumphant return. Had to save up money to get his internet restored.LOL!!!
Old 03-03-19, 11:08 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Ole Digits makes his triumphant return. Had to save up money to get his internet restored.LOL!!!
SON OF A B****!!! How did I miss that. Of course it's that moron. Thanks, bro.
Old 03-03-19, 11:15 AM
All World

From what I have seen this team will be very good. Lots of returning players. Defense is biggest concern for me. But that has been the concern for 25 years. Moore has definitely done a great job building this program.
Old 03-04-19, 06:07 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
Attention all Massillon posters. EVERYTIME MY2SENSE POSTS ON A MASSILLON THREAD DO NOT RESPOND. REPORT IT TO THE MODS. EVERY SINGLE POST.
Old 03-04-19, 01:00 PM
All District

The O line will average around 6’2 270lbs., which is pretty solid for a highschool line. Might be even a little bigger than that.