Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-05-19, 01:35 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
If my read of the new enrollment numbers are right, Manchester is the second smallest school in the PAC and one of the smallest in DV.
Old 06-06-19, 02:33 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
If my read of the new enrollment numbers are right, Manchester is the second smallest school in the PAC and one of the smallest in DV.
TC, no surprise there. However, they have picked up two BIG linemen this year. One sat out last year and the other will be a Freshman. Numbers are always low at Manchester. Lots of thoughts as to why.
Old 06-07-19, 01:03 PM
Varsity

sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
who are these two linemen ?? there are no 9th graders ready to play varsity football at MHS
Old 06-07-19, 01:24 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldoncooper View Post
who are these two linemen ?? there are no 9th graders ready to play varsity football at MHS
Maybe in the past, but this year's team is in desperate need of lineman who can play.
Old 06-07-19, 02:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
shelly, I didn't say they were ready. I said they are playing. The Junior played his Freshman year, but didn't want to play last year. The other is a Freshman. Considering what they lost on the line and overall, I'm sure the Junior will gets lots of playing time. The Freshman? Who knows?
Old 06-07-19, 03:09 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
With all the graduating football players from this year at Manchester I was really shocked only one of them got athletic money from their perspective college. One wrestler a full athletic tuition and one football player a full athletic tuition and that’s it. No baseball, tennis, soccer, golf or track that I know of. I know there should be at least one more next year in football

Last edited by chinwhip; 06-07-19 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Specific school
Old 06-07-19, 06:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
With all the graduating football players from this year at Manchester I was really shocked only one of them got athletic money from their perspective college. One wrestler a full athletic tuition and one football player a full athletic tuition and thatís it. No baseball, tennis, soccer, golf or track that I know of. I know there should be at least one more next year in football
No surprise. Only 2 football players playing at the next level. Hettich at Ashland and Johnson at Baldwin Wallace. Johnson was all baseball until the first of the year and he decided he wanted to play football. Late decision that hurt his chances at $$. Pajlich is playing baseball at Lake Erie. A lot of them are not going to college.
Old 06-08-19, 09:01 PM
Varsity

sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
a lot of them are going to college just not to play football ....
Old 06-09-19, 06:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
TC, no surprise there. However, they have picked up two BIG linemen this year. One sat out last year and the other will be a Freshman. Numbers are always low at Manchester. Lots of thoughts as to why.
I've wondered about the declining numbers, especially at a school with such a winning tradition. I know overall enrollment is down, but the ratio of boys playing football also seems to be off. Soccer now takes some of those kids, but I think that program is valuable and provides an outlet for students who otherwise might not play a sport. I know when I was in school it was not uncommon for 20% to 30% of the boys from each class to participate in football. Maybe there are just other options for these boys, or maybe it's parental decision? Not sure.
Old 06-09-19, 07:03 AM
All Region

Quote:
a lot of them are going to college just not to play football ....
Correction, Pajlich is going to Notre Dame College, not Lake Erie.
Old 06-09-19, 07:06 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I've wondered about the declining numbers, especially at a school with such a winning tradition. I know overall enrollment is down, but the ratio of boys playing football also seems to be off. Soccer now takes some of those kids, but I think that program is valuable and provides an outlet for students who otherwise might not play a sport. I know when I was in school it was not uncommon for 20% to 30% of the boys from each class to participate in football. Maybe there are just other options for these boys, or maybe it's parental decision? Not sure.
It's a little early to start this conversation, but you are correct. The parents have a lot to do with it.
Old 06-10-19, 02:14 PM
Junior Varsity

slideby20 is on a distinguished road
How many teams from the PAC make the playoffs this year?
Old 06-10-19, 06:53 PM
All American

Old 06-10-19, 07:32 PM
Junior Varsity

slideby20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
Which teams?
Old 06-11-19, 07:56 AM
All American

In no particular order

Orville- really depends if Parks stays or able to play
NW- Mick Transfer is huge, however it wasn't the QB who held them back the last few years.
CVCA- There is no replacing Tre Tucker but this a tough, gritty group of seniors that aren't afraid of anyone
Manchester- Hard to bet against these guys, They have 2 of the best players in the league. If they get some QB and line play look out.

Probably Loudenville as well. Those kids play tough, hard nosed football.
Old 06-11-19, 10:32 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In no particular order

Orville- really depends if Parks stays or able to play
NW- Mick Transfer is huge, however it wasn't the QB who held them back the last few years.
CVCA- There is no replacing Tre Tucker but this a tough, gritty group of seniors that aren't afraid of anyone
Manchester- Hard to bet against these guys, They have 2 of the best players in the league. If they get some QB and line play look out.

Probably Loudenville as well. Those kids play tough, hard nosed football.
Parks is going NOWHERE and will be playing!
Old 06-11-19, 01:59 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
Parks is going NOWHERE and will be playing!
GOOD!! he makes everyone in the league have to play better. I am so impressed with his durability. Kid never comes off the field.
Old 06-12-19, 12:35 PM
All World

Manchester and Tuslaw will be the only PAC schools in D5 R17 in the season ahead. Orrville will be in R18. Triway and Northwest will be in D4 R14. Fairless and CVCA will be in D4 R13. Loudonville will be D6 R22.

I think the PAC has a good shot at getting five schools, and possibly six into the postseason. It will require a very good showing in the out-of-conference portion of the schedule. I think Manchester, Orrville, CVCA, Northwest, and Loudonville make it in. I think those schools all compete for the PAC championship, too. There's usually always a wild card in there. Triway would be my best guess in that category. Last year, even though it produced the eventual state champ in D5, R17 was considered the weakest region in the division. This year it may be the strongest. In addition to Manchester, Kirtland moves down into the region. Canton Central Catholic, South Range, and Columbiana Crestview remain in the region. Bellaire and Martins Ferry are additions, as well. D5 R17 will be a meatgrinder.
Old 06-22-19, 07:46 PM
All American

PAC OOC games

Who has the toughest OOC to start the season?

CVCA has a road game at VASJ, home vs Aurora and on the road at Revere. That's probably the toughest 3 games that the Royals has ever started the season against.
Old 06-23-19, 08:14 AM
Varsity

csnider20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Who has the toughest OOC to start the season?

CVCA has a road game at VASJ, home vs Aurora and on the road at Revere. That's probably the toughest 3 games that the Royals has ever started the season against.
We play Revere at home this year.
Old 06-23-19, 02:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnider20 View Post
We play Revere at home this year.
Good catch, for some reason I thought it was a road game.