Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-24-19, 04:31 PM
Varsity

llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
If/When Winton Woods gets the most important factor locked down (Academics), WW will be something extra nasty.
I agree! But I'm not sure we can blame it all on Winton Woods. You don't know what kind of academic Foundation these kids have received before coming to Winton Woods. Winton Woods Elementary is a pretty good school that have won academic Awards. Not sure about the Middle School tho

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-19, 01:15 PM
All District

wideout4life is on a distinguished road
it depends on the individual if notre dame offers you then academically you are doing something right, and what about the damone kid and young wideouts coming up how do they look?
Old 02-25-19, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout4life View Post
it depends on the individual if notre dame offers you then academically you are doing something right, and what about the damone kid and young wideouts coming up how do they look?
They was a pair of tall, fast, lanky receivers on last season's freshmen team. #10 and #28. Both were super athletic. The issue is I seen one of them on the JV basketball team. Kids are still living hoop dreams instead of working on their football craft. BJ Johnson will be back for a full season at wideout and hes good. He'll start along with Blankumsee.
Old 02-25-19, 04:37 PM
All Yappi

I hope Wingfield leaves basketball alone and really work on his craft of being a QB. The sophomore to be Mekhi is really ready to push for some QB time. Senior to be OLB Kenny Brooks is serious too.
Old 02-27-19, 11:21 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I hope Wingfield leaves basketball alone and really work on his craft of being a QB. The sophomore to be Mekhi is really ready to push for some QB time. Senior to be OLB Kenny Brooks is serious too.
The QB who was injured early in the season had a strong arm, will he also be in the running?
Old 02-28-19, 05:12 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The QB who was injured early in the season had a strong arm, will he also be in the running?
Yes, he will
Old 02-28-19, 12:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Isaiah Andrews. Some questions about if he was going baseball only. If he playing he is definitely competing. The thing about it is Wingfield could play another position but not Andrews so much. Wingfield steps in as a Sophomore and leads the team to the State semis its hard not to put the offense in his hands. Andrews arm talent is undeniable.
Old 03-05-19, 04:50 PM
All Yappi

Winton Woods and LaSalle have agreed to play in Week 2 of the 2020 and 2021 seasons. If we keep Trotwood Madison in Week 1 2020 and 2021 that would finalize the schedule for those seasons, Trotwood and LaSalle in OOC play then 8 conference games. Trotwood is going to experience some future scheduling problems so I hope we keep the series going. Winton Woods has been there before.

Last edited by DonMagicRon; 03-05-19 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-06-19, 12:24 AM
All American

Quote:
Winton Woods and LaSalle have agreed to play in Week 2 of the 2020 and 2021 seasons. If we keep Trotwood Madison in Week 1 2020 and 2021 that would finalize the schedule for those seasons, Trotwood and LaSalle in OOC play then 8 conference games. Trotwood is going to experience some future scheduling problems so I hope we keep the series going. Winton Woods has been there before.
I'm surprised Dayton Public doesn't allow them to join the league, its a natural fit. in the mean time looks like Trotwood faithful should get ready to travel all over the state.
Old 03-07-19, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

Week 10 Winton Woods at Little Miami. Can anyone verify this?
Old 03-07-19, 02:41 PM
All District

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Week 10 Winton Woods at Little Miami. Can anyone verify this?
Last I heard LM week 10 was at Western Hills
Old 03-07-19, 02:46 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Last I heard LM week 10 was at Western Hills
I don't think that game is being played. On February 20th. LM posted on the OHSAA Open Dates page they were looking for a game.
Old 03-07-19, 02:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
I don't think that game is being played. On February 20th. LM posted on the OHSAA Open Dates page they were looking for a game.
Well if WW is still looking and LM is still looking it may happen then. I would hate to see an almost garunteed L for LM when they need to win every game to get into the the playoffs again. That changes a possible 8-2 season and in the playoffs to a 7-3 and possibly missing out.
Old 03-07-19, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well if WW is still looking and LM is still looking it may happen then. I would hate to see an almost garunteed L for LM when they need to win every game to get into the the playoffs again. That changes a possible 8-2 season and in the playoffs to a 7-3 and possibly missing out.
If a 7-3 record means missing out on the playoffs then Little Miami needs to look at who they are beating. 7 wins should be guaranteed post season spot. And I think playing Winton Woods would be good for LM, except week 10 could hurt LM mentally.
Old 03-07-19, 07:52 PM
All District

Quote:
If a 7-3 record means missing out on the playoffs then Little Miami needs to look at who they are beating. 7 wins should be guaranteed post season spot. And I think playing Winton Woods would be good for LM, except week 10 could hurt LM mentally.
I think 7-3 puts them on the cusp but not a sure thing. The one thing I like about a WW LM matchup is this will give LM another real test. So maybe when they go into the ECC and face WW it will be old hat for LM.
Old 03-08-19, 10:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think 7-3 puts them on the cusp but not a sure thing. The one thing I like about a WW LM matchup is this will give LM another real test. So maybe when they go into the ECC and face WW it will be old hat for LM.
LM doesn't want to play. WW is looking for a week 10 opponent.
Old 03-09-19, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
LM doesn't want to play. WW is looking for a week 10 opponent.
Now that is really silly. LM needs an week 10 opponent, the teams played last season and will be playing in the same conference in 2020. They will play every season. What reason could Little Miami possibly give that makes sense?
Old 03-11-19, 02:34 PM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Charlie Fredrick Has Passed Away....

https://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/ci...82275?cid=full

Former AD and Coach Charlie Frederick is a legend around Winton Woods and old Greenhills High School.

Just thought I would stick this on here in case someone would be interested to know this info.
I always appreciated Charlie and am saddened by this news.

Peace be with you Charlie and may God bless the Fredrick family.
Old 03-12-19, 04:23 PM
All American

Well.... Iggy has a opening 10.
Old 03-12-19, 04:25 PM
All Yappi

I think there is a particular reason why Coach Parker doesn't mind this schedule at all. He knows what he has coming back. We will be in every single game.
Old 03-13-19, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

WW is in need of a week 6 and week 10 game. Indy Chatard backed out of week 6. They have a new coach and I guess he doesn't want to play.
Old 03-13-19, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

Well this is the final season of this foolishness. I know schools have different reasons for pulling out games but this Chatard feels like they just realize the Warriors are too agressive and plays downhill and they dont want anymore. It was a home game for the Trojans and the final in our series with them and they backed out. I remember talking to a couple of Bishop Watterson coaches and they told me that they had to get out of our series because they just didnt have the manpower anymore.
Old 03-19-19, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

Looking at the schedule thus far and considering the talent the Warriors have coming back and coming up, I see one loss to St. Eds. St. Eds is suppose to have a great defense, they have been in plenty of big games and know how to travel to Cincinnati. Also the Warriors need to be better early in the season.
Old 03-19-19, 02:52 PM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Looking at the schedule thus far and considering the talent the Warriors have coming back and coming up, I see one loss to St. Eds. St. Eds is suppose to have a great defense, they have been in plenty of big games and know how to travel to Cincinnati. Also the Warriors need to be better early in the season.
DMR it will be a dogfight but the Warriors will compete in that game with a chance to win.
Yes I know the Warriors but also know the Eagles.
I have a unique perspective having followed and watched so many 2018 WW games but also living here in NEO for a long time.
Many of the St Ed's players I have seen for years and coached some and against some.
Tough, athletic, well coached State Championship potential type team.
Of course, WW is that too.
Old 03-19-19, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
DMR it will be a dogfight but the Warriors will compete in that game with a chance to win.
Yes I know the Warriors but also know the Eagles.
I have a unique perspective having followed and watched so many 2018 WW games but also living here in NEO for a long time.
Many of the St Ed's players I have seen for years and coached some and against some.
Tough, athletic, well coached State Championship potential type team.
Of course, WW is that too.
The Warriors will be big, fast and deep. The bigger, deeper and faster than the past two seasons. A lot will be riding on the development of the QB position. But there is a number of talented kids. About 6 sophomores to be will press. And there is a freshman to be that will start on the oline, imo. Hes currently in the 8th grade and already getting looks.
Old 03-19-19, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

I am very concerned about the linebackers. We have graduated 7 starting linebackers over the past 2 seasons.The Warriors are just reloading on the dline and in the secondary but that linebacker corp may need some work.
Old 03-19-19, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...7i7BfGE1xgW4V8
Old 03-19-19, 05:55 PM
All American

Quote:
I am very concerned about the linebackers. We have graduated 7 starting linebackers over the past 2 seasons.The Warriors are just reloading on the dline and in the secondary but that linebacker corp may need some work.
I think the Linebackers will be fine, certain position groups I never worry about they always seem to be good (LB,RB,DT)
Old 03-19-19, 06:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think the Linebackers will be fine, certain position groups I never worry about they always seem to be good (LB,RB,DT)
It does always seem to be good depth at LB. Kenny Brooks will be a senior started every game on the outside and Daylan Long will be a junior and started every game in the post season. So we shall see.
Old 03-25-19, 12:22 PM
All American

Any word on the open dates?