Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-02-19, 06:36 PM
All Region

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Derge announced on Twitter he was “returning to the sidelines at Tipp” which seems to me like he will be more than just an advisor. Not sure what his role or responsibilities will be but it’s very encouraging to see him so committed and in love with the Tipp community.
I’m sure his statement was hyperbolic in nature but a great overall decision none the less regardless of the level of involvement! Why wouldn’t Tipp want someone involved who clearly has a deep attachment to the community and kids. Encouraging to see in this day and age.
Old 06-03-19, 05:04 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Very experienced Staff. I don't see Stanbery. I know Fairborn hired Derry. Did Stanbery get hired anywhere?
Stanbery is having a son in September and choose not to coach this year
Old 06-03-19, 08:31 AM
All Region

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StSebastian View Post
I’m sure his statement was hyperbolic in nature but a great overall decision none the less regardless of the level of involvement! Why wouldn’t Tipp want someone involved who clearly has a deep attachment to the community and kids. Encouraging to see in this day and age.
Here's his statement:

https://twitter.com/coachderge36/sta...86941358968838

Quote:
I just want to say a quick thank you to all the coaches in the area that reached out this off season! I'm grateful for the relationships I have developed through the years, appreciate the opportunities presented, and wish you all the best of luck!

As I stated months ago, I enjoy working for a great district at Tipp and I love my teaching job. With that... I am excited to announe I will be returning to the Tipp sideline this fall. I have always loved the players, families, and people I work with in such a great school district.

I am eager to begin my new position, be a GREAT teammate, and #WIN with an extraordinary team of athletes and coaching staff at Tippecanoe.
Old 06-03-19, 10:50 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
He must be a glutton for punishment. He and Matty B are going to take their fair share of beat downs from Butler over the next several seasons. They seem like nice guys so I have no ill will. But it will be rough for them. Series had been close over the years but Butler is going to pull away from the rest of the MVL in the coming years if you ask me.
Old 06-03-19, 03:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
He must be a glutton for punishment. He and Matty B are going to take their fair share of beat downs from Butler over the next several seasons. They seem like nice guys so I have no ill will. But it will be rough for them. Series had been close over the years but Butler is going to pull away from the rest of the MVL in the coming years if you ask me.
I normally agree with what you say but come on man, Tipp is 2-1 against Butler since joining the GWOC and now Tipp has the best staff in the league and a very talented Junior class
Old 06-03-19, 05:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I normally agree with what you say but come on man, Tipp is 2-1 against Butler since joining the GWOC and now Tipp has the best staff in the league and a very talented Junior class
It was becoming a love fest on here had to poke the bear a bit. It doesn’t have the history or luster of Piqua bs Troy but this is more of a rivalry in terms of back and forth results. And these players have no love for each other. Will be fun to watch for a long time.
Old 06-05-19, 05:27 PM
All District

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Very subjective. Can you name the top 5/6 schools staffs then? This staff seems to have a lot year’s under their belt overall but what’s the back of the staff look like?
I think it would be a hard thing to honestly say given none of the other staffs are listed here.
Old 06-07-19, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Based on what I see at Butler, and my grandsons play there, I'm not seeing Butler as world-beaters. Tipp has a tremendous coaching staff, that's a hats off to the GWOC garnering the best. Burgbacher is surrounded by a lot of knowledge. Tipp should be VERY, VERY tough in the new league. Butler, jury is out.
Old 06-09-19, 02:06 PM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Based on what I see at Butler, and my grandsons play there, I'm not seeing Butler as world-beaters. Tipp has a tremendous coaching staff, that's a hats off to the GWOC garnering the best. Burgbacher is surrounded by a lot of knowledge. Tipp should be VERY, VERY tough in the new league. Butler, jury is out.
Not enough Joe's, not enough Joe's for Tipp. No coaching can overcome that. Tipp will be in the hunt, but there days of winning playoff games and placing 1st in consecutive years is long long gone.

Honestly, this will be interesting to watch in the Joe's vs X and O's.

Troy will have the Joe's, Tipp has the X and O's experience. VB and Piqua will have a mix, with each strong in certain areas but also lacking a bit in the Joes. I give it to the Joe's!!!!

By Early 2019 prediction race.

Troy 8-2
Piqua 7-3
VB 6-4
Tipp 6-4
Old 06-10-19, 05:29 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Agreed
Old 06-10-19, 08:02 PM
Varsity

Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
I pretty much With Yakyak, but don’t forget Xenia should be good.
Troy
Piqua/Xenia
Vandalia
Fairborn/Tipp
Sidney
West Carrollton
Greenville
(Any freshman team)
Stebbins
Old 06-11-19, 12:29 PM
All American

Tipp kicker Ben Sauls committed to Boston College this morning
Old 06-12-19, 07:49 AM
All Region

Quote:
Tipp kicker Ben Sauls committed to Boston College this morning
That was quick. He had just tweeted about receiving an offer from BC the day before he committed. This appears to have been his only D1 offer, though he's visited with a bunch of D1 schools.

Obviously school's needs for kickers can vary since they typically keep guys all 4 years, so I guess Ben needed to commit relatively quickly when given the chance.
Old 06-12-19, 10:06 AM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
That was quick. He had just tweeted about receiving an offer from BC the day before he committed. This appears to have been his only D1 offer, though he's visited with a bunch of D1 schools.

Obviously school's needs for kickers can vary since they typically keep guys all 4 years, so I guess Ben needed to commit relatively quickly when given the chance.
An amazing school in a very cool part of the country. Congrats!
Old 06-12-19, 10:38 AM
All Region

Also, the Ben Sauls news is completely off-topic from what this thread started as. I would recommend someone start a "Tippecanoe Football News" thread, or something like that to put general stuff in so this one can close, since it appears to have run its course on the Derge resignation/coming back topic.
Old 06-12-19, 11:11 AM
All Ohio

Piqua got bumped up to DII this is another Harbin boost for the DIII teams in the MVL.
Old 06-13-19, 07:00 AM
All Region

Quote:
Piqua got bumped up to DII this is another Harbin boost for the DIII teams in the MVL.
Not the only one bumped up. West Carrollton also was moved up to DII. Here's the breakdown in the MVL:

Troy - D2 - Region 7
Sidney - D2 - Region 7
Piqua - D2 - Region 7 - D3 in 2018
Xenia - D2 - Region 8
Fairborn - D2 - Region 8
West Carrollton - D2 - Region 8 - D3 in 2018
Stebbins - D2 - Region 8
Greenville - D3 Region 12
Butler - D3 - Region 12
Tippecanoe - D3 - Region 12

7 teams in D2 and only 3 teams in D3.
Old 06-16-19, 05:38 PM
All American

Dixie High School AD Kregg Creamer is Tipp’s new AD
Old 06-17-19, 11:59 AM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Good hire for AD!!! Wish him well at Tipp!!

Now that this thread is way off topic, can we please close it and start new threads on the topics actually being discussed.
Old 06-17-19, 12:41 PM
All Region

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Good hire for AD!!! Wish him well at Tipp!!

Now that this thread is way off topic, can we please close it and start new threads on the topics actually being discussed.
As much as it pains me to say it... I think you are right. This thread has served us well. The memories will last a lifetime. 1200+ post thread for one school/coaching staff is quite the accomplishment! Bitter sweet goodbye...

Does anyone have any parting words, opinions or last digs they want to get in before shutting down?

Maybe we should hand out superlatives for different categories of posting?! That will keep it going for at least another 20 posts!!