Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-10-19, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

chs1971 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
possibly no Gucciardo at Springfield
What is the story here?
Old 06-10-19, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
What is the story here?
Not sure, but I thought I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm hoping the regular NLLer's know if there is anything happening there.
Old 06-10-19, 07:44 PM
All District

NLLBEST is on a distinguished road
At this point I think most people believe AW will reload. Lost some key players on both sides of the ball but they値l have an athletic qb who was all league as a receiver and return their running back.

Springfield and BG both return the best receivers in the league in Jackson and Johnson. BG was pretty young on the lines so I think they値l be very solid. Springfield loses Gucciardo at qb and I believe a lot depends on how well they can replace him. Smart money says they can find a serviceable replacement and will be tough to beat but a lot of question marks there.

Maumee went 0-10 so I get skepticism but lost their qb week 4 and he値l be back as a 3 year starter. They started multiple sophomores last year at times and from what I致e hear have their best numbers in a while including a talented sophomore class. Back to the spread and a change in defensive philosophy should help. Look for Brookshier to have a big year.

Perrysburg returns Simms at QB and have a very talented rb and receiver back but lost a lot up front and haven稚 been able to find the success they had with a lot of very gifted skill position players from 2014-2016 but they have numbers so we値l see how well they can reload after a couple of 電own years.

In my opinion Napoleon lost a very good senior class who really turned it on last year in league play and had a solid season after a couple tough years. They play a hard nosed style not seen too often anymore and it痴 hard to count them out but I think they値l struggle.

I think both Northview and Southview are going to be pretty similar to last year, Northview does have numbers but outside of their qb who has committed to Youngstown State on defense and a couple solid lineman not sure what else they have. Southview lost a lot from last year and I would just be surprised to see them improve after losing some very good upperclassmen.
Old 06-10-19, 08:31 PM
All Region

scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
This has probably been brought up a few times on this forum but why doesn't NW Ohio as a whole move to what the Ohio Capital Conference does and create one big league for the NLL, TRAC and TCL??? You'd be looking at 18 football playing schools. Do 3 divisions of 6 schools. Play 5 division games and allow the first 5 weeks for cross divisional matches / open scheduling. Same for bball, baseball, vball, etc... I'm sure there are reasons against this idea but since most of these schools pay each other as it is why not?
Old 06-10-19, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post
This has probably been brought up a few times on this forum but why doesn't NW Ohio as a whole move to what the Ohio Capital Conference does and create one big league for the NLL, TRAC and TCL??? You'd be looking at 18 football playing schools. Do 3 divisions of 6 schools. Play 5 division games and allow the first 5 weeks for cross divisional matches / open scheduling. Same for bball, baseball, vball, etc... I'm sure there are reasons against this idea but since most of these schools pay each other as it is why not?
Why?
Old 06-10-19, 10:03 PM
All Region

scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
Just spit balling ideas is all. Not everyone sticks.
Old 06-10-19, 10:05 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post

They couldn't agree on a name.

The number of championship runs in the revenues sky-rocketed after the dissolution of the TCL. Mostly first by TRAC, then NLL but now even the TCL are making runs in girls and boys basketball. Now that's impression off the top of my head and reality may be different. Wait a couple weeks until da'blades' board troll says "hey, I got an idea for an article" and does the research. Whether they can access the cash business that is high school athletics to see how revenues have changed, I don't know.
Old 06-10-19, 10:17 PM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
It seems reasonable that Perrysburg and to a lessor degree AW should move on from a numbers standpoint but what is the incentive for them?

Be big man on the block and have a FAR better chance at winning league titles and going to the playoffs in the NLL or jumping to the meat grinder of the TRAC?

When it comes to Napoleon and even Maumee that same perception in reverse affects them. Conferences like the NWOAL and NBC respectively do not want to add another competitive school (and bigger one for their conference). Especially when you consider how small schools like Patrick Henry are in terms of numbers.

On top of all else the NLL is a very stable conference. Eight teams is ideal, the travel is relatively easy, and all of the schools demographics in terms of student make-up are very similar (suburban middle-class).

Eventually, one of the smaller teams will end up jumping but only when one of the smaller conferences has no choice but to take them. Once that happens a domino effect will occur throughout NWOhio. My money is on Maumee heading to the NBC. A Woodmore jump to the SBC would open things up for Maumee or BG. Once this happens look for Clay and possibly Ross to jump to the NLL leaving the TRAC and the TCL to combine out of necessity. True vision would see NWOhio coming up with a league just like what the SBC has done having three divisions where teams can move up and down every two to three years due to public school enrollment flux but it will never happen as long as the NLL is as comfortable as they are.
I thought I heard this somewhere before? Oh there it is.

It really comes down to the NLL. They are the kingpin. They are happy and until they change the rest of NWOhio will have to wait.
Old 06-11-19, 07:21 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLLBEST View Post
At this point I think most people believe AW will reload. Lost some key players on both sides of the ball but they値l have an athletic qb who was all league as a receiver and return their running back.

Springfield and BG both return the best receivers in the league in Jackson and Johnson. BG was pretty young on the lines so I think they値l be very solid. Springfield loses Gucciardo at qb and I believe a lot depends on how well they can replace him. Smart money says they can find a serviceable replacement and will be tough to beat but a lot of question marks there.

Maumee went 0-10 so I get skepticism but lost their qb week 4 and he値l be back as a 3 year starter. They started multiple sophomores last year at times and from what I致e hear have their best numbers in a while including a talented sophomore class. Back to the spread and a change in defensive philosophy should help. Look for Brookshier to have a big year.

Perrysburg returns Simms at QB and have a very talented rb and receiver back but lost a lot up front and haven稚 been able to find the success they had with a lot of very gifted skill position players from 2014-2016 but they have numbers so we値l see how well they can reload after a couple of 電own years.

In my opinion Napoleon lost a very good senior class who really turned it on last year in league play and had a solid season after a couple tough years. They play a hard nosed style not seen too often anymore and it痴 hard to count them out but I think they値l struggle.

I think both Northview and Southview are going to be pretty similar to last year, Northview does have numbers but outside of their qb who has committed to Youngstown State on defense and a couple solid lineman not sure what else they have. Southview lost a lot from last year and I would just be surprised to see them improve after losing some very good upperclassmen.
Simms committed to BGSU not Youngstown State.
Old 06-11-19, 08:25 AM
All American

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
At this point I think most people believe AW will reload.
Thoughts on the re-loading process when the local 8th grade social media sensation chooses SFS over the home town Generals?
Old 06-11-19, 08:33 AM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
Toledo St John's will be the class of the TRAC in D2/R6. Can't remember a team bringing back so much high end offensive skill talent.
Is it me, or does SJJ get overhyped every year?
Old 06-11-19, 08:37 AM
All World

Quote:

It showed in the playoff game at Norwalk. In fact, all-around, Norwalk was clearly the physical team.
Old 06-11-19, 08:42 AM
All Region

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I thought I heard this somewhere before? Oh there it is.

It really comes down to the NLL. They are the kingpin. They are happy and until they change the rest of NWOhio will have to wait.
Exactly the NLL does not want any change. The TRAC and TCL would very open to this idea.
Old 06-11-19, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_City_Fan View Post
Is it me, or does SJJ get overhyped every year?
Since about 2006 yes (minus 2010). This year's team SHOULD be legit. QB, two WR's, and TE class of the league. We shall see.
Old 06-11-19, 09:29 AM
All World

IB, despite your statement regarding the SBC, it hasn't been all roses. Some aren't happy what division they're in, and Shelby already jumped ship.
Old 06-11-19, 11:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_City_Fan View Post
IB, despite your statement regarding the SBC, it hasn't been all roses. Some aren't happy what division they're in, and Shelby already jumped ship.
Of course not everyone is happy. Everyone wants to be the big guy in their division and no one wants to be the small guy. I get it. I will use the OCC as an example.

Flexibility is key.
Old 06-12-19, 04:50 AM
All District

First, the NLL and City don’t make sense in any sports other than basketball and football. Second, the attendance numbers are the reason a lot of NLL schools have stopped played the City in non-conference (only 6 of 24 games). I couldn’t see it ever happening, maybe a TRAC/NLL 14-18 team conference at some point could happen though.

Never heard of the 8th grader at AW but honestly it won’t effect the Varsity there next year and unless it becomes a trend I don’t think it matters.

Sorry about the mess up on Simms, I know YSU has gotten a few players from the area.

Last edited by NLLBEST; 06-12-19 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-12-19, 04:55 AM
All District

This is an NLL thread but I will say SJJ has skill players (mostly from NLL districts) but will they be able to hold up on the lines? They’ve had talent on the outside before but the guys that aren’t in the paper each week are just as important as the guys scoring.
Old 06-12-19, 06:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Track Fan View Post
Exactly the NLL does not want any change. The TRAC and TCL would very open to this idea.
Who in the TRAC wants to rejoin the TCL?
Old 06-12-19, 06:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
First, the NLL and City don稚 make sense in any sports other than basketball and football. Second, the attendance numbers are the reason a lot of NLL schools have stopped played the City in non-conference (only 6 of 24 games). I couldn稚 see it ever happening, maybe a TRAC/NLL 14-18 team conference at some point could happen though.

Never heard of the 8th grader at AW but honestly it won稚 effect the Varsity there next year and unless it becomes a trend I don稚 think it matters.

Sorry about the mess up on Simms, I know YSU has gotten a few players from the area.
They do not play because the TCL teams will not play the NLL because it offers very little. Start, Bowsher, and Waite yes. Woodward wised up and started scheduling schools to their size like Delta and Delphos SJ.

Your arrogance is a prime example of why the NLL will not budge until it absolutely HAS to and I do not blame them.
Old 06-12-19, 06:16 AM
All World

I agree irish_buffalo. The NLL has the cards in their hands. But if I recall previously it wasn't just the NLL, TRAC, and TCL that were mentioned. Some of the smaller conferences could be in as well. That way the smaller TCL teams have schools their size to play
Old 06-12-19, 06:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
This is an NLL thread but I will say SJJ has skill players (mostly from NLL districts) but will they be able to hold up on the lines? They致e had talent on the outside before but the guys that aren稚 in the paper each week are just as important as the guys scoring.
Since Roback SJ has lacked a QB. Since Cassidy SJ has lacked a playmaker at QB. They have one now.

And Mitsopoulus might be the areas top overall playmaker. Add the 6'4 220 Ryder and 6'3 210 Zisoros (cchs help?) and the Titans should be tough. Depth and defense could be a concern.

If there is one school in the area that produces big linemen it is SJ. No one in the area has come close to SJ in sending Olinemen to college and D1 at that. Miller, Favorite, Pearson, Miller, Ashleman, Rattay, Berg, Beier, Dooley...

SJ never lacks linemen.
Old 06-12-19, 06:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I agree irish_buffalo. The NLL has the cards in their hands. But if I recall previously it wasn't just the NLL, TRAC, and TCL that were mentioned. Some of the smaller conferences could be in as well. That way the smaller TCL teams have schools their size to play
Agree.
Old 06-12-19, 12:03 PM
All Region

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Who in the TRAC wants to rejoin the TCL?
It wasn't just rejoining the TCL it was those getting together with the NLL. Obviously the TRAC would just prefer to combine with NLL.

The reason the TRAC would want to combine is stability. There are so many ways the league could fall apart. WBL take Lima, NLL has an opening or two so Clay and Fremont leave (Findlay would love to go also). Fremont goes to SBC. Change in TCC direction and stops bringing in so many football players and enrollment drops even more. They all ready only slightly bigger than Liberty Benton and can only compete in TRAC in a few sports.

None of these a likely to occur but if one does there is no teams with any interest in joining and suddenly a 7 team conference and football scheduling becomes a real challenge.

The TRAC for the most part is a combination of schools that had no other option but form a league and most would leave if a better situation came along. But as stated the NLL is quite happy so combined league is not going to happen.
Old 06-12-19, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Holy smokes! Drastic region change. The NWO schools are assigned to D2/R7. No more Avon going west. I will miss that.

https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachmen...316.1560360990
Old 06-12-19, 02:50 PM
All World

Definitely a drastic region change it makes a lot of sense though.
Old 06-13-19, 02:58 AM
All District

Quote:
They do not play because the TCL teams will not play the NLL because it offers very little. Start, Bowsher, and Waite yes. Woodward wised up and started scheduling schools to their size like Delta and Delphos SJ.

Your arrogance is a prime example of why the NLL will not budge until it absolutely HAS to and I do not blame them.
Don’t know where you got that info considering Woodward is the one playing 2 non conference games against NLL schools this season

But seriously help me understand how the NLL would be better off facing the TCL in baseball, soccer (boys and girls), softball, wrestling, tennis, volleyball, golf, or lacrosse though I’ll admit only 5 schools have teams currently. It’s not arrogance it’s just factual that it wouldn’t ever make sense other than to help out the City, I guess, although forcing those schools to play each other wouldn’t be good for anybody in my opinion

Last edited by NLLBEST; 06-13-19 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-13-19, 03:01 AM
All District

Quote:
Since Roback SJ has lacked a QB. Since Cassidy SJ has lacked a playmaker at QB. They have one now.

And Mitsopoulus might be the areas top overall playmaker. Add the 6'4 220 Ryder and 6'3 210 Zisoros (cchs help?) and the Titans should be tough. Depth and defense could be a concern.

If there is one school in the area that produces big linemen it is SJ. No one in the area has come close to SJ in sending Olinemen to college and D1 at that. Miller, Favorite, Pearson, Miller, Ashleman, Rattay, Berg, Beier, Dooley...

SJ never lacks linemen.
I know SJJ has a lot of talent returning at skill positions and has a history of top tier lineman but I haven稚 heard of any lineman next year, honestly just wondered what they looked like up front this year.
Old 06-13-19, 01:05 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Track Fan View Post
It wasn't just rejoining the TCL it was those getting together with the NLL. Obviously the TRAC would just prefer to combine with NLL.

The reason the TRAC would want to combine is stability. There are so many ways the league could fall apart. WBL take Lima, NLL has an opening or two so Clay and Fremont leave (Findlay would love to go also). Fremont goes to SBC. Change in TCC direction and stops bringing in so many football players and enrollment drops even more. They all ready only slightly bigger than Liberty Benton and can only compete in TRAC in a few sports.

None of these a likely to occur but if one does there is no teams with any interest in joining and suddenly a 7 team conference and football scheduling becomes a real challenge.

The TRAC for the most part is a combination of schools that had no other option but form a league and most would leave if a better situation came along. But as stated the NLL is quite happy so combined league is not going to happen.
I think had it remained TCL it would have been "ok" until Ross joined. IMHO, the thought of Ross helping to pay others bills and not being with Findlay propelled Ross to "borrow" what was Irish Buffalo's idea.