Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-08-19, 06:12 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 819
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
Itís obvious that you have never seen Trotwood play that much because the coaching staff teaches the same thing that everyone else teaches but you want to say, because they have good athletes that mean they are not disciplined. Iíve seen MT. Healthy play some sloppy football just like any other school around.
Trotwood staff does not teach same thing, I have seen them at 7vs 7 and other scrimmages teach incorrect and unsafe techniques (like delivering a blow with your helmet to "make em feel that " direct quote from their coaches. I have also seen them play, very, very undisciplined.... Sloppy techniques, tons of penalties, especially personal fouls.... Nothing about Trotwoods staff is good. Nice try though.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-08-19, 07:19 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Englewood
Posts: 6,420
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Well we might as well not show up week 2 then. Sounds like we're about to get our teeth knocked in.
What makes you say that? Actually I think Coldwater will destroy MH
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-08-19, 07:35 PM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 276
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Trotwood staff does not teach same thing, I have seen them at 7vs 7 and other scrimmages teach incorrect and unsafe techniques (like delivering a blow with your helmet to "make em feel that " direct quote from their coaches. I have also seen them play, very, very undisciplined.... Sloppy techniques, tons of penalties, especially personal fouls.... Nothing about Trotwoods staff is good. Nice try though.
When was this ? You got to be smoking. I have a hard time believing the coaches saying that and some of them played in the NFL. They teach the same fundamentals, you tried it. They teach LB reads, DL and DB Tech and tackling. I have never heard one of their coaches say that about delivering a blow. Just because a team get personal fouls donít mean they canít coach. Itís a lot of teams that get them and penalties. So NICE TRY THOUGH TO YOU!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-08-19, 07:35 PM
ButlerAviator83's Avatar
ButlerAviator83 ButlerAviator83 is offline
Hail To The Aviators
 
Join Date: 10-24-03
Location: Troy, OH
Posts: 3,146
ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
No question - Tipp has a great staff in place. The Red Devils have been a solid program for years - Matt and his staff will elevate that.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-08-19, 07:47 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 819
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
When was this ? You got to be smoking. I have a hard time believing the coaches saying that and some of them played in the NFL. They teach the same fundamentals, you tried it. They teach LB reads, DL and DB Tech and tackling. I have never heard one of their coaches say that about delivering a blow. Just because a team get personal fouls don’t mean they can’t coach. It’s a lot of teams that get them and penalties. So NICE TRY THOUGH TO YOU!!!!
It was a quad scrimmage at Lakota West.

Most NFL players are the worst coaches because they don't know techniques how to deal with players, it always came easy for them And yes, excessive personal fouls and other penalties are a DIRECT result of coaching. That means they can't coach, because you promote whatever you tolerate. When the coaches are cussing and being beyond unprofessional, of course the kids will be as well. The Oline coach is by far the worst offender. I'll be more than happy to sit with you and break down any Trotwood game of your choice to show you all the sloppy techniques.... Just because you win, doesn't mean you teach the game the right way.

So keep on telling me I'm lying, Denial is a long river.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-09-19, 06:56 AM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 101
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
BlessEm is the last person to have bias for Tipp. His school was rivals with Tipp for a long time, however he did watch Charlie coach at Tipp for 26 years and turn Tipp from a dumpster into an annual playoff team.
Just because he was rivals with a school doesnít mean he wonít have bias. My school is Wapakoneta and everyone in Wapak hates everything St. Maryís, but we give them respect where it is due and maybe just a bit more because they are our rival. Itís kind of like a sibling relationship. Sometimes you hate them but youíll give them the benefit of the doubt and deep down ya love em.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-09-19, 09:07 AM
aged jock aged jock is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 2,066
aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Mt.Healthy is loaded with talent. They come from sketchy homes but overall they are no different than Trotwood. Very similar.
Wyoming is very good on a pretty regular basis. Alter has a recruiting dynasty there. Doesn't take a great coach. He was at Northmont before Alter and was a bust.
Small schools are the one's that have the best coaching in my opinion. less to work with and sending kids to D1 schools...that's coaching.
Coach Domsitz does more with a few kids than almost any other coach around. While every private school recruits every single student, Alter does not recruit kids just because they play football. In fact, this year we might not even have a freshman team because too few kids seem to be interested. Itís happened before and it worked out fine by the time of their senior years. Transfers have never been plentiful. Coach D works with what he has.

We can always tell how good weíll be in the fall by how many kids are serious in the weight room in January. He always puts the right kids in the right positions, and they tend to be smart kids.

They learn quickly and love to play because the coaching staff makkes playing fun and successful. Hazing isnít tolerated, and kids are respected. His staff doesnít berate kids and the kids know the coaches care for them as people. Thereís a lot more to the program, but the basics provide a pretty simple recipe for success.

So, stop the glib ďrecruitingĒ lie! Itís a lot of focused work by great coaches and great kids with support from school and parents that makes Alter great. Itís not about getting great players - itís about making players great as a team.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-09-19, 10:09 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 2,408
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
What makes you say that? Actually I think Coldwater will destroy MH
Just giving my best thavoice impression! It'll depend on who we play at QB. I'm quite looking forward to the game.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-09-19, 07:29 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Englewood
Posts: 6,420
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
Just because he was rivals with a school doesnít mean he wonít have bias. My school is Wapakoneta and everyone in Wapak hates everything St. Maryís, but we give them respect where it is due and maybe just a bit more because they are our rival. Itís kind of like a sibling relationship. Sometimes you hate them but youíll give them the benefit of the doubt and deep down ya love em.
I watched Charlie coach from 1982 at Covington to all of his years at Tipp. The man is a great coach. Not sure why Wapak fan is so butt hurt about my opinion. Get over it already. Biased? I hated the man. Played against his teams and he was tough. But just like Alabama coach Saban, you have to admire him.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-09-19, 07:30 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Englewood
Posts: 6,420
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
Coach Domsitz does more with a few kids than almost any other coach around. While every private school recruits every single student, Alter does not recruit kids just because they play football. In fact, this year we might not even have a freshman team because too few kids seem to be interested. Itís happened before and it worked out fine by the time of their senior years. Transfers have never been plentiful. Coach D works with what he has.

We can always tell how good weíll be in the fall by how many kids are serious in the weight room in January. He always puts the right kids in the right positions, and they tend to be smart kids.

They learn quickly and love to play because the coaching staff makkes playing fun and successful. Hazing isnít tolerated, and kids are respected. His staff doesnít berate kids and the kids know the coaches care for them as people. Thereís a lot more to the program, but the basics provide a pretty simple recipe for success.

So, stop the glib ďrecruitingĒ lie! Itís a lot of focused work by great coaches and great kids with support from school and parents that makes Alter great. Itís not about getting great players - itís about making players great as a team.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-09-19, 07:31 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Englewood
Posts: 6,420
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Just giving my best thavoice impression! It'll depend on who we play at QB. I'm quite looking forward to the game.
I gotcha. My Healthy wonít stand a chance vs Coldwater. My opinion. Just the community of MH reminds me a lot of TW. My daughter is a teacher at MH. Itís rough to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-10-19, 11:57 PM
IAMGREAT IAMGREAT is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-14-19
Posts: 17
IAMGREAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I gotcha. My Healthy wonít stand a chance vs Coldwater. My opinion. Just the community of MH reminds me a lot of TW. My daughter is a teacher at MH. Itís rough to say the least.
Not heard of My Healthy but Mt Healthy has had some great success. Crouch has done more with less. Besides Montgomery he has produced some great players. Wilburn at OSU, Corbin at Central State, Cook at Howard now UC, ect... 8 playoffs in 10 seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-11-19, 12:00 AM
IAMGREAT IAMGREAT is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-14-19
Posts: 17
IAMGREAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
I disagree about Mt. Healthy, they play much more disciplined football than Trotwood. Trotwood plays some of the sloppiest football every year, but they just have more juggernaut athletes than about every other team.

I didn't know that Domsitz was at Northmont before. My observations on here are simply based off of teams that I see that play their schemes well, and are well disciplined in their execution. That was all my observations were based off of.
Did you forget, Trotwood was D3 state champs 2 seasons ago. That year they beat the D1 state champs in the regular season. Jeff Graham has done a remarkable job. You clearly don't know what good football look like. Trotwood has been one of the most complete programs in SW Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-11-19, 06:19 AM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 101
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I gotcha. My Healthy wonít stand a chance vs Coldwater. My opinion. Just the community of MH reminds me a lot of TW. My daughter is a teacher at MH. Itís rough to say the least.
i donít think you know Mt. Healthy football my friend. Mt. Healthy has some of the best athletes in the state, and are well coached. Coldwater is a good program, donít get me wrong. They hold their own against Wapak every year in their scrimmages but thatís different. Wapak is essentially the same team as Coldwater and with the same type of players, Mt. Healthy has the athletes to run up and down the field against Coldwater. It will be a better game than you think, i could see either team taking this one.

and for your information, iím not ďbutthurtĒ. i just donít see what is all the hype around Tipp and their coaches when they are barely a top team in even their region every year.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-11-19, 07:46 AM
StSebastian StSebastian is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-14-16
Posts: 315
StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
i don’t think you know Mt. Healthy football my friend. Mt. Healthy has some of the best athletes in the state, and are well coached. Coldwater is a good program, don’t get me wrong. They hold their own against Wapak every year in their scrimmages but that’s different. Wapak is essentially the same team as Coldwater and with the same type of players, Mt. Healthy has the athletes to run up and down the field against Coldwater. It will be a better game than you think, i could see either team taking this one.

and for your information, i’m not “butthurt”. i just don’t see what is all the hype around Tipp and their coaches when they are barely a top team in even their region every year.
So... sticking with the thread topic... who has the better coaching staff then? The team with some of the best athletes in the state, or the team that will scheme, motivate, and prepare their team to overcome the athletic disadvantage? Your argument taken to its logical conclusion is that while Mt. Healthy has better athletes, Coldwater has the better staff. In that regard Coldwater 1 Mt. Healthy 0.

Also...

The "hype" label you place on Tipp is misguided as you are again conflating athletic talent and coaching ability. The hype is directly related to their coaching staff getting the most out of athletes that cannot typically stack up with "the best athletes in the state" year in and year out, hence the point of this thread talking about coaches not athletic talent.

Tipp typically has much less athletic talent than a lot of the teams they play and are average at best on the hoof. The coaches get more out of them than one can expect. Matt, Charlie, Joel, and Rick have all taken average (or below average) teams and made them more competitive than they would be otherwise; thus the excitement about having them all in it together with one team. They will get more out of them than most will expect but will still be a 7 win/season team most years with 3-4 of those wins over "more athletic teams" but inferior coaching.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-11-19, 07:51 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 819
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMGREAT View Post
Did you forget, Trotwood was D3 state champs 2 seasons ago. That year they beat the D1 state champs in the regular season. Jeff Graham has done a remarkable job. You clearly don't know what good football look like. Trotwood has been one of the most complete programs in SW Ohio.
Nope, didn't forget. As I stated at the beginning of this thread, just because a coach wins state championships doesn't mean they are a good coach. Tons of examples of terrible coaches with rings. Trotwood is not one of the most complete programs, anywhere. They are an undisciplined mess that has the best athletes and simply beat teams despite the terrible coaching. What happened last year with the 6-4 record in a weak Region 12 for one of the most complete teams in SW Ohio.... that's right, they lost 1st round playoff game.

Please, I know what good football looks like, I have forgotten more football than you will ever learn in your lifetime. As I stated on here earlier in this thread, the invitation is open for me to meet up and we can happily break down any Trotwood film you wish and I can point out all the sloppiness and poor techniques from every position. Also, complete teams don't get penalized the way Trotwood does, which IS A DIRECT RESULT OF BAD COACHING! Well coached teams have very few penalties, and don't get personal fouls like the almighty Rams. People easily overlook the sloppy and poor coaching when you win, if and when Trotwood gets a season where they are under 500 (happens to just about everyone sooner or later), it's going to hit the fan and everyone will then be saying, "this has been going on for years."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-11-19, 08:16 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 9,096
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I gotcha. My Healthy wonít stand a chance vs Coldwater. My opinion. Just the community of MH reminds me a lot of TW. My daughter is a teacher at MH. Itís rough to say the least.
My sources down in Cincy area who coach HS football keep telling me how much amazing talent MH has and there is no way CW can win this one. CW lost so much talent that I predict they start 0-2 and to make the playoffs they will have to run the table in the MAC.

The streak of playoffs likely ends this year. They bit off more than they can chew in scheduling this one with whom they have coming back.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-12-19, 08:34 AM
FeartheRooster FeartheRooster is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-04-19
Posts: 159
FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Some of you are missing the point here! It’s Tipp, Tipp has the best staff ever! Disregard that Tipp tried to run C. Burgbacher out before and hire another coach, successfully ran Derge out, Robertson has a full closet ( hence why he’s been everywhere), and M.Burgbacher isn’t a coach. So 4 head coaches that are the best in the state by far because they have a track record of getting the kids going.

Lord...TIG you sir are seriously a clown. I wonder what would ever happen if you stepped out of Tipp and watched other coaches coach. You guys all name the schools with loaded talent and call them the best or you take the easy HR like Marion. The best coaches in SW Ohio you’d probably never think of because they don’t blow themselves on sites like these.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-12-19, 11:02 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 728
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
My sources down in Cincy area who coach HS football keep telling me how much amazing talent MH has and there is no way CW can win this one. CW lost so much talent that I predict they start 0-2 and to make the playoffs they will have to run the table in the MAC.

The streak of playoffs likely ends this year. They bit off more than they can chew in scheduling this one with whom they have coming back.
Mt Healthy shouldn't even be in this conversation. They have been less than horrible since the exodus of all the good assistants a few years ago. If they don't have a dominant D1 talented player to carry them then they are awful. When Montgomery was there they basically moved him from RB to QB and he ran the ball 95% of the time. They are undisciplined in every aspect. No where near a good staff.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-12-19, 03:11 PM
Barbershoptalk Barbershoptalk is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-24-19
Posts: 62
Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
Geez...TIG! The Tipp staff won’t be able to walk the sidelines if you keep swinging from their sacks. Give it a rest. Why don’t you cut the bs to start the thread asking about the best coaches, and tell everyone “look how great the Tipp staff is” How in the world would you know anything about any of the other staffs in the region? (Maybe your mom at the school told you) I actually think they are a good staff on paper. Some of those staffs have made deep playoff runs and or state championships. Tipp used to dominate that smaller conference and then get bounced early in the playoffs. Four head coaches with what kinda career playoff record? Two guys in their 70’s and a coach that most in Tipp was trying to run out of town. I do think that the replacement of Ferge will get them going in the right direction and with that schedule, could be winning 6 or 7 games a year. Time will tell. Calm down fan boy and let them coach. You keep that bullseye on their back.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-13-19, 11:38 AM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 101
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Mt Healthy shouldn't even be in this conversation. They have been less than horrible since the exodus of all the good assistants a few years ago. If they don't have a dominant D1 talented player to carry them then they are awful. When Montgomery was there they basically moved him from RB to QB and he ran the ball 95% of the time. They are undisciplined in every aspect. No where near a good staff.
Less than horrible? They play a brutal schedule full of D2 and sometimes D1 teams and since Montgomery left 3 seasons ago they have made the playoffs twice. Maybe they arenít Trotwood or Alter or Wapak but they are definitely better than ďless than horrible.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-14-19, 08:59 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,129
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Trotwood staff does not teach same thing, I have seen them at 7vs 7 and other scrimmages teach incorrect and unsafe techniques (like delivering a blow with your helmet to "make em feel that " direct quote from their coaches. I have also seen them play, very, very undisciplined.... Sloppy techniques, tons of penalties, especially personal fouls.... Nothing about Trotwoods staff is good. Nice try though.
This is ridiculous. It is also slander. No Trotwood coach has ever said that. Trust me I know. All these great athletes they have??? Two years ago when they won it all they played Pick Central at Pick Central and won. Trotwood had 3 DIV I athletes on that team. Pick had like 9 or 10. It has to be some type of coaching going on somewhere. It is just pure asinine that folks like you spend time trying to discredit the level of coaching that goes on it that program. Are all the decisions that make the right ones, no. But to say everything is sloppy and this and that and then the personal foul comment. That is way over the top. How many Trotwood games have you seen in the last 5- 8 years. Hell those kids spend so much of the game trying not to retaliate from cheap shots and dirty play because they have been wining so much. Your a hater, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-14-19, 09:13 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,129
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Nope, didn't forget. As I stated at the beginning of this thread, just because a coach wins state championships doesn't mean they are a good coach. Tons of examples of terrible coaches with rings. Trotwood is not one of the most complete programs, anywhere. They are an undisciplined mess that has the best athletes and simply beat teams despite the terrible coaching. What happened last year with the 6-4 record in a weak Region 12 for one of the most complete teams in SW Ohio.... that's right, they lost 1st round playoff game.

Please, I know what good football looks like, I have forgotten more football than you will ever learn in your lifetime. As I stated on here earlier in this thread, the invitation is open for me to meet up and we can happily break down any Trotwood film you wish and I can point out all the sloppiness and poor techniques from every position. Also, complete teams don't get penalized the way Trotwood does, which IS A DIRECT RESULT OF BAD COACHING! Well coached teams have very few penalties, and don't get personal fouls like the almighty Rams. People easily overlook the sloppy and poor coaching when you win, if and when Trotwood gets a season where they are under 500 (happens to just about everyone sooner or later), it's going to hit the fan and everyone will then be saying, "this has been going on for years."
OMG, this is even worst than the first one. They lost that game after being to the state championship how many times in a row? How many regional championships in a row? Can they have a down year and get beat? That team was young and inexperienced and the coach might have made a few questionable decisions but why can't Wapak just been better that night? And all this talent? 2 MAC players on that Trotwood team that's it. Stop hating. All that success, and aint nobody coaching nothing right over there? Stop, stop, stop. It's hate. What has been going on for years is Trotwood finally getting some good coaching after years of being the doormat of the conference and putting it together.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-14-19, 09:44 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 819
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
OMG, this is even worst than the first one. They lost that game after being to the state championship how many times in a row? How many regional championships in a row? Can they have a down year and get beat? That team was young and inexperienced and the coach might have made a few questionable decisions but why can't Wapak just been better that night? And all this talent? 2 MAC players on that Trotwood team that's it. Stop hating. All that success, and aint nobody coaching nothing right over there? Stop, stop, stop. It's hate. What has been going on for years is Trotwood finally getting some good coaching after years of being the doormat of the conference and putting it together.
Ok Homer, I know how much the truth stings. It's not hate, it's truth. The personal fouls comment is 100% accurate.... well coached and well disciplined teams don't get them, period.

I have seen Trotwood play probably 1 per year each of the past 10 or so years.... some scrimmages, some regular season, and some playoff and it's the same thing I see every time.

How good was the coaching when I was scouting Lakota West a completely different year at LW scrimmage and the Trotwood team stormed the field to fight Withrow and the Trotwood staff was out there encouraging it. Did I make that one up too?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-14-19, 05:36 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,129
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Ok Homer, I know how much the truth stings. It's not hate, it's truth. The personal fouls comment is 100% accurate.... well coached and well disciplined teams don't get them, period.

I have seen Trotwood play probably 1 per year each of the past 10 or so years.... some scrimmages, some regular season, and some playoff and it's the same thing I see every time.

How good was the coaching when I was scouting Lakota West a completely different year at LW scrimmage and the Trotwood team stormed the field to fight Withrow and the Trotwood staff was out there encouraging it. Did I make that one up too?
So you a team play once and you have determined that all this is factual. Well I have seen almost every game the past 10 years or so and your claims are made up. Your a hater. Pull the stats on penalties and see where you land. Good kids, good coaches. Not great but good and growing.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-14-19, 06:16 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 819
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
So you a team play once and you have determined that all this is factual. Well I have seen almost every game the past 10 years or so and your claims are made up. Your a hater. Pull the stats on penalties and see where you land. Good kids, good coaches. Not great but good and growing.
I've seen them once per year for past 10 years. Again, I'll pull the film for you of them and coaches going after Withrow at that particular scrimmage if you would like, complete with coaches in encouraging it. Please reread what I posted, I have seen them in scrimmages, regular season, and playoffs. None of what I said is made up.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-14-19, 07:56 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,129
member1 is on a distinguished road
Cool

In the playoff game Trotwood lost last year, Wapakoneta had more penalties for more yards. Are they horribly coached and undisciplined? They must have better athletes too? Sounds like hating to me. Have a great weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-14-19, 09:52 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 819
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
In the playoff game Trotwood lost last year, Wapakoneta had more penalties for more yards. Are they horribly coached and undisciplined? They must have better athletes too? Sounds like hating to me. Have a great weekend.
Ok, reading comprehension seems to be an issue here. Where did I say Trotwood had more penalties that Wapakoneta? Fact is Trotwood had less penalties than their opponents only 3 out of 11 games. That 100% is coaching. Again, you promote what you tolerate, and Trotwood tolerates boneheaded penalties. It was the same the year before and Trotwood was the most penalized team in the entire GWOC that season. Again, coaching and discipline, or lack thereof. They won state despite the bad coaching.

Numbers don't lie, neither does the eye in the sky, and both say Trotwood is undisciplined and poorly coached, no matter how you try to spin it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio Bobcats continue MAC winning streak. CoachYing Wrestling 1 02-05-19 01:28 PM
02/05/19 - college notes on the Heartland Conference seclmw Baseball 0 02-05-19 10:27 AM
01/31/19 - ORCC/USCAA/NCCAA baseball notes seclmw Baseball 5 02-03-19 11:20 PM
Ohio Longhorns Baseball Tryouts 2019--Remaining Spots BulldogBaseball Baseball 0 08-06-18 08:24 AM
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team 2018-2020 Ohio TofC Wrestling 11 10-15-17 10:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz