Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 06-12-19, 01:27 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Jeez, man. We've been talking about Winton Woods and LS for years. I'm hurt.

And yes, I think LS can challenge Winton Woods!
It all just runs together to me. I dont recognize non WW posters that much. As far as LaSalle goes Im not too concerned at this point. Winton Woods and LaSalle has more pressing issues than one another. Winton Woods is now the hunted and needs to remember that. I did have a LaSalle poster send me a message stating the Lancers will be way down this season. He said there is just not enough in the trenches and the transfer from LM wont help.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 06-12-19, 01:37 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Correction. That was an Elder supporter that sent me that message.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 06-12-19, 01:48 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,417
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Correction. That was an Elder supporter that sent me that message.
An Elder supporter talking about La Salle or were they talking about Elder being way down?
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 06-12-19, 02:16 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
An Elder supporter talking about La Salle or were they talking about Elder being way down?
I doubled checked and he said LaSalle. He said Jarmon is going to Colerain and Tay Smith back to Winton Woods when 7 on 7s start. I personally couldnt care less. The Warriors gotta get ready.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 06-12-19, 02:25 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,417
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I doubled checked and he said LaSalle. He said Jarmon is going to Colerain and Tay Smith back to Winton Woods when 7 on 7s start. I personally couldnt care less. The Warriors gotta get ready.
I always wonder why Elder people need to talk about LS as if they know anything. Without inside knowledge myself, I'd say both of those player predictions are unlikely at best and more likely totally absurd given the SM response to the kid leaving for Princeton.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 06-12-19, 02:29 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I always wonder why Elder people need to talk about LS as if they know anything. Without inside knowledge myself, I'd say both of those player predictions are unlikely at best and more likely totally absurd given the SM response to the kid leaving for Princeton.
"SM response"?
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 06-12-19, 02:30 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,417
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
"SM response"?
Social media.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 06-12-19, 02:36 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Social media.
Oh. Im not up on all that. Social media isnt an issue. No one cares what is said there. If Jarmon is going to go to Colerain, I highly doubt if he and his family 8s concerned with SM. SM carries zero authority.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 06-12-19, 02:38 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,417
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Oh. Im not up on all that. Social media isnt an issue. No one cares what is said there. If Jarmon is going to go to Colerain, I highly doubt if he and his family 8s concerned with SM. SM carries zero authority.
Iím talking about him, actually. I remember reading the response to Dyerís tweet and the LS kids were in there with some with us or against us talk. These kids arenít going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 06-12-19, 02:39 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Iím talking about him, actually. I remember reading the response to Dyerís tweet and the LS kids were in there with some with us or against us talk. These kids arenít going anywhere.
Ok
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 06-12-19, 02:40 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,417
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Bottom line is, the Elder person doesn’t know what he’s talking about and it’s some crappy stuff to be spreading around. Little surprise there, though.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 06-13-19, 08:37 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
https://www.firststarfootballreport....-one-to-watch/
Good QB and good kid. Looks huge.
All we gotta do is make the post season. It starts at Trotwood.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 06-14-19, 06:02 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
's
Well. the schedule is a doozy! Our QB really needs to take the next step up in the progression of QB's!! Anywhere from 9 and 1 to 7 and 3. As we get closer to the season, I will have my prediction. We are going to need a couple of young pups to step up (like always)to help.When big D1 schools get a starter injured, they usually replace them with a Senior that has been in the program, that is eager to play and waiting for the chance. At WW, if a starter gets injured, they have to replace him with a freshman or a sophomore.
Blue, Wingfield is working his tail off. I know people always saying that arm talent can be devoloped thru hard work and thats probably true. But I believe arm talent is God given, like speed. I think the question will be answered because Wingfield is serious this off season. Mayberry had serious arm talent. And we might have that Senior back up afterall.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 06-17-19, 08:48 AM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 1,117
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
By they way...what is being built out front of the WWCS Central Office/high school?
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 06-17-19, 09:06 AM
marvinlewis08 marvinlewis08 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-09-08
Posts: 1,394
marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
By they way...what is being built out front of the WWCS Central Office/high school?
New 7-12 building. Supposed to be completed by Spring of 2021. Approved by voters in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 06-17-19, 09:12 AM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 1,117
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
New 7-12 building. Supposed to be completed by Spring of 2021. Approved by voters in 2016.
Wow nice!

Looks like the new K-6 building will be built on the old Greenhills football field. Has the middle school played on it or have they been bused up to the high school to play on the turf since that was completed?

Last edited by OUcats82; 06-18-19 at 09:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 06-18-19, 11:17 AM
mrsimp06 mrsimp06 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-11
Posts: 1,432
mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
's
Well. the schedule is a doozy! Our QB really needs to take the next step up in the progression of QB's!! Anywhere from 9 and 1 to 7 and 3. As we get closer to the season, I will have my prediction. We are going to need a couple of young pups to step up (like always)to help.When big D1 schools get a starter injured, they usually replace them with a Senior that has been in the program, that is eager to play and waiting for the chance. At WW, if a starter gets injured, they have to replace him with a freshman or a sophomore.
did the Warriors pick up a 10th game?
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 06-19-19, 10:51 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
did the Warriors pick up a 10th game?
No. The Warriors are going to be decent.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 06-20-19, 04:03 AM
Man Up Man Up is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-02-11
Posts: 346
Man Up is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
No. The Warriors are going to be decent.
It almost appears that WW is/or settling for 9 games. I know weíre going to be good and have a lot of talent, however it could be a little risky with just 9. Considering our schedule Iím thinking a 6-3 or above will get us in playoffs, maybe even perhaps 5-4 if those 5 wins have to come against the heavy weights. At least 2 out of 3 against GCL, Lakewood, Trotwood. With the harbin points weíll get.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 06-20-19, 07:50 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Up View Post
It almost appears that WW is/or settling for 9 games. I know we’re going to be good and have a lot of talent, however it could be a little risky with just 9. Considering our schedule I’m thinking a 6-3 or above will get us in playoffs, maybe even perhaps 5-4 if those 5 wins have to come against the heavy weights. At least 2 out of 3 against GCL, Lakewood, Trotwood. With the harbin points we’ll get.
I feel what you're saying. Its more than a "little risky". But again that has been the same narrative concerning the WW schedule for the past two seasons. The Warriors were a hair away from going unbeaten both of those seasons with a healthy turnover of players. I think we are selling the Warriors a little short when we talk about 6-3 or 5-4 this season. The coaching staff know what they have and are comfortable with the schedule.

Last edited by DonMagicRon; 06-20-19 at 08:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 06-20-19, 08:15 AM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 1,117
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I feel what you're saying. Its more than a "little risky". But again that has been the same narrative concerning the WW schedule for the past two seasons. The Warriors were as hair away from going unbeaten both of those seasons with a healthy turnover of players. I think we are selling the Warriors a little short when we talk about 6-3 or 5-4 this season. The coaching staff know what they have and are comfortable with the schedule.
With that schedule if they can win enough to make the playoffs they will definitely be battle tested. They will certainly go up against some pretty strong teams with some top recruits but they are not coming to the party empty handed. Can't think of too many teams where the BMW would not be the money back.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 06-20-19, 09:17 AM
Man Up Man Up is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-02-11
Posts: 346
Man Up is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I feel what you're saying. Its more than a "little risky". But again that has been the same narrative concerning the WW schedule for the past two seasons. The Warriors were a hair away from going unbeaten both of those seasons with a healthy turnover of players. I think we are selling the Warriors a little short when we talk about 6-3 or 5-4 this season. The coaching staff know what they have and are comfortable with the schedule.
Of course we have skill and talent magic to win every game, my comment was at worse case with our schedule, a 6-3 record would get us in playoffs depending on who we beat. Not selling the Warriors short. Nevertheless, can’t wait for the season to get started

Go Warriors

Last edited by Man Up; 06-20-19 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Add
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 06-20-19, 12:03 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,987
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Up View Post
Of course we have skill and talent magic to win every game, my comment was at worse case with our schedule, a 6-3 record would get us in playoffs depending on who we beat. Not selling the Warriors short. Nevertheless, canít wait for the season to get started

Go Warriors
Yes sir. At this current moment, before the first practice of the season, I would favor the Warriors in 7 of the 9 games. I would favor Trotwood at home against the Warriors and St. Eds.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 06-20-19, 03:44 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,706
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
did the Warriors pick up a 10th game?
My bad for the delay. I haven't been on much. Yes, it will be a 9 game season. The AD. Worked hard to get a game but couldn't find anything that works. We have to win some games!
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 06-22-19, 06:44 PM
wolvey15 wolvey15 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-02-16
Posts: 54
wolvey15 is on a distinguished road
With a 9 game schedule the first 4 games are the most important. They have to get off to a good start!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winton Woods vs. Little Miami mrsimp06 Football 409 11-16-18 05:57 PM
Winton Woods gocards Football 205 09-19-18 08:03 PM
Challenge Game (8/24): Trotwood-Madison at Winton Woods Yappi Football 0 08-11-18 10:51 PM
Official Thread Elder vs. Winton Woods warriorblue Football 311 11-23-17 07:46 AM
Week 8 - Elder (4-3) at Winton Woods (7-0) Pantherontheporch Elder Panthers 99 10-17-17 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz