Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-17, 08:17 AM
freedom_isnt_free freedom_isnt_free is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-18-11
Posts: 634
freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Butler (4-0, 2-0) at Troy (2-1, 1-1)

Should be a good game tonight at Troy. Can Butler stay hot and get out of Troy with a big W?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-15-17, 08:18 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,841
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
I got Butler by 10+
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-17, 08:49 AM
wheatfield32 wheatfield32 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-04
Location: county
Posts: 675
wheatfield32 is on a distinguished road
wow how many years has it been since vandalia played a meaningful game
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-17, 09:14 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,888
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Same can be said for Troy. The GWOC N has been a laughing stock in basketball since Trotwood left.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-15-17, 10:37 AM
NewJacketCity NewJacketCity is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-21-16
Posts: 207
NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
I'm interested to see how this game turns out. I'd expect Butler to win by 10 or so, but I was impressed with Troy on Tuesday. They're a sound team that plays hard. It's very early, but right now it seems like Butler and Sidney are on a crash course for the GWOC North title.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-15-17, 12:46 PM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: Sidney (Not Australia)
Posts: 31,013
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Same can be said for Troy. The GWOC N has been a laughing stock in basketball since Trotwood left.
I disagree. I see comments like this as downplaying Sidney's conference title. They did beat Trotwood after all and have one of the best players in the state.

As for this game, Butler should win and head into Tuesday's showdown at Sidney unbeaten.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-15-17, 01:05 PM
freedom_isnt_free freedom_isnt_free is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-18-11
Posts: 634
freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
wow how many years has it been since vandalia played a meaningful game
Way too long....honestly probably just after Butler lost the last of the two seven footers to graduation. Back when Coach Z was running the show Butler could hang with anyone on any given night. It’s been a long and painful road since he retired. I hear we’ve got a good one now though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-17, 01:10 PM
freedom_isnt_free freedom_isnt_free is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-18-11
Posts: 634
freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
How is seating at sidney? Will there be an issue finding a place to sit for Tuesday’s game against Butler?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-17, 01:59 PM
NewJacketCity NewJacketCity is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-21-16
Posts: 207
NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
How is seating at sidney? Will there be an issue finding a place to sit for Tuesday’s game against Butler?
Yeah it will likely be a packed house and there's not a lot of visitor/general admission seating. If you want to ensure yourself a seat you'll probably want to get the near or before the start of the JV game.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-15-17, 05:20 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,888
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Way too long....honestly probably just after Butler lost the last of the two seven footers to graduation. Back when Coach Z was running the show Butler could hang with anyone on any given night. It’s been a long and painful road since he retired. I hear we’ve got a good one now though.
I still remember in 04 when you guys had the twin towers. Troy had the best team they've ever had in their history. 2nd ranked in the state that year, and we beat Butler by I think 20-30 in the regular season. Many people pegged Troy as a possible state champ led by 3 d1 players... Well, Butler and the twin towers beat us at UD arena in the playoffs. I remember it like it was yesterday. I am still bitter about that day.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-15-17, 06:07 PM
freedom_isnt_free freedom_isnt_free is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-18-11
Posts: 634
freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post
Yeah it will likely be a packed house and there's not a lot of visitor/general admission seating. If you want to ensure yourself a seat you'll probably want to get the near or before the start of the JV game.
Thank you for the heads up...I’ll get there early!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-15-17, 06:09 PM
freedom_isnt_free freedom_isnt_free is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-18-11
Posts: 634
freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I still remember in 04 when you guys had the twin towers. Troy had the best team they've ever had in their history. 2nd ranked in the state that year, and we beat Butler by I think 20-30 in the regular season. Many people pegged Troy as a possible state champ led by 3 d1 players... Well, Butler and the twin towers beat us at UD arena in the playoffs. I remember it like it was yesterday. I am still bitter about that day.
I remember that well...those were fun days. The Butler SAC used to be packed back in those days. Now it’s like going to watch WSU at the Nutter Crnter...five empty seats for every one person.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-15-17, 06:10 PM
freedom_isnt_free freedom_isnt_free is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-18-11
Posts: 634
freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
I also remember when Troy had Alex Carmona and the hype around the Butler/Troy games that year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preseason Rankings - statewide divisional (2017-18) bucksman Wrestling 18 12-18-17 09:07 AM
Sidney (7-1) at Butler (3-5) freedom_isnt_free Football 0 10-17-17 11:12 AM
Troy (5-2) @ Sidney (7-0) Yellow_Jacket06 Football 110 10-14-17 05:00 PM
Butler (3-3) at Troy (4-2) freedom_isnt_free Football 76 10-08-17 08:46 AM
Troy Post 43 Tournament - June 9-11 seclmw Baseball 0 06-05-17 10:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz