Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-17, 09:03 AM
Freshman

Mylo is on a distinguished road
What kid is doing this?

Last edited by Mylo; 10-08-17 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-08-17, 09:11 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Milo , welcome First post ? . Doing what? I haven't seen anything ? Are you a Coffman supporter or fan ? What6 do you think about what's been written here?
Old 10-08-17, 09:12 AM
All World

I think it's a matter of NOT DOING
Old 10-08-17, 09:30 AM
Freshman

Sitting out and not really injured? IMO that's a low blow especially if u don't know the extent of the kids injury.....

Last edited by Mylo; 10-08-17 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-08-17, 09:33 AM
Freshman

I like everything written in here so far except for the injury thing. U never know what type of injury a kid has or how it's affecting him. And yes I'm a Coffman supporter and I've lived in this community for 15+ years #GoRocks
Old 10-08-17, 10:11 AM
All World

We all have opinions and some of us know more than others , you can disagree with a few of us out here no problem at all . Welcome and it's good to have you participating , we need a few more supporters .

For the record , I wish EVERYONE in the Rocks COMMUNITY in all sports and activities well with whatever they are going through { Both my kids have had major injuries I sports so I am aware of some of the mental issues }and I am rooting for them to succeed injured or not . I would love to see as many guys get back as possible, season is short , life is short , getting out on the field is something I want to see as many players as possible get to do. One of the reasons I hate the 30 point running clock crap which needs to be changed . GO ROCKS

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-08-17 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-08-17, 10:12 AM
All World

On to week 8 and the boys in Blue and White. Davidson is OUT of the play-offs for the first time since 2007. Two state titles and multiple long runs in an incredible era of Brian White coached Davidson teams. Small Senior class who came up losing to Coffman { Sells} Seniors. They can get not only some revenge but also a league title.

Coffman has to really collapse to miss out as they are now in R-2 for the first time and the bar is lower for inclusion to the play-offs. Coffman in fact would still have a 72 percent chance to get in at 6-4 which to me would be underachieving certainly but they have a margin for error here.

7-3 is the worse they finish with a game they lost in the last minute , a mistake filled debacle in Lewis Center and " IF " thy were to lose another one it would almost certainly be razor close.

Davidson { OR UA lost} a game in which they were held to about 165 yards of offense averaging 3 yards a carry with zero passing yards or attempts and didn't score a touchdown . They aren't a prolific ground attack this year , the only teams they moved it fairly easily on were Grove City who everyone moves it on and CC who is at about GC'S level this year overall . Against play-off caliber teams they have had a lot of trouble sustaining any kind of drives.

Coffman offense isn't scaring Davidson certainly , so this one sits at Pasteur making Coffman a 4 pt favorite , and Cal Preps a 7 point choice .

Coffman didn't show too much on Friday with Davidson scouts in the stands , some passes were hit and it was nice to see Brown take some snaps at QB and throw a TD pass . Still believe that Rocks have about a quarter of their play book unused or at east some wrinkles added to previously run plays still waiting to be unveiled.

If Coffman comes out with the energy and focus they had in the play-off game against HD and makes them defend the whole field they should be fine and score enough to win here. I think what we saw Coach Crabtree say to the troops before the Marysville game on Storied rivals is applicable this week . DON'T PLAY TIGHT , THIS ISN;T AN ELININATION GAME FELLAS , do your thing with energy passion and focus but let it go, get after it by not playing tight and nervous . That was game one last year vs Davidson, tighter than a drum or the plastic on an old cassette tape and the production was terrible.

Coffman defense matches up with this offense very well, corners and safety's just need to read keys and makes sure they don't cheat up too much especially since I think they won't be needed to supply a huge amount of run support anyway the front 7 is primed and ready to really limit this offense like UA'S defense did.

So the thing is obviously play action passes they may do and scored on against Bradley scoring one play after a turnover in Bradley territory , and passes completed against Lancaster in a close loss. The other thing to look for is a halfback pass on a staple pitch sweep or their basic jet sweep looks , Davidson at some point might have to think outside the phone booth box they want to play in and tis is what they usually do and have done against Coffman in the past to score a key TD or get a key first down and keep the Rocks at bay .

X-Factor is Soph Kicker Carrier who is emerging as a huge weapon for the cats especially since they have trouble putting the ball in the end zone this year . 3, 40 plus field goals is a good night for a college kicker and the Rocks need to score TOUCHDOWNS probably two is all they need to negate this kid from beating them .

Some kids sat out last week which resulted in seeing other kids get the start and or playing time . Some new receivers contributed McElroy a Junior came back from a collarbone fracture and few younger kids also got more snaps . Hopefully th ewalking wounded and others filter back on the field in the next few weeks may be even this week because everyone is needed at this point if the Rocks want a possible home game in the play-offs .

Making the play-offs looks really good, I can't say or envision both Davidson and UA beating the Rocks and other bad things happening that it would take to 86 the Rocks out of the play-offs .

So now it's a matter of rounding into better form especially on offense as the defense has been solid for the most part overall LB'S are a excellent unit Bagozzi has been a rock in the middle of the D-line having an excellent productive year , Cummings as well , younger guys learning in the secondary and improving . Offense needs some sustained energy and really make themselves harder to defend .

I see some nice match-ups up front and on the edge for the Rocks blockers vs Davidson defenders , and the Receivers will have some opportunity's as well . Coffman also has an excellent reliable kicker who is having a great year in Jordan Drye .

Should be fun , Rocks will have to be sharp in this one , playing hard and with passion shouldn't be an issue , the key to me is the Rocks offensive coaches finding areas and match-ups where the offensive kids can be successful and most importantly the Rock players EXECUTING these plays . It's a team game and that includes coaches and players alike being in synch and working as ONE UNIT . This isn't a lose or go home situation or miss the play-offs , no reason to play tight or not to lose

This type of game is one of the reasons why you play football which is a tough commitment to make , prepare as hard as you can , concentrate on your job and play fast and I know this sounds so corny and 10 year old little league ish , BUT HAVE FUN competing .

Under enemy lights a team that only has a league title to play for at this point and that means defending their turf and BEATING YOU, THEIR RIVAL, motivation to not let that happen and beat your rival and a league title is enough motivation obviously and a recipe for having a TON OF FUN GETTING THE JOB DONE.
Old 10-08-17, 11:00 AM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
Mylo, welcome. I assume you were at the game Friday night. How did you like it? Hope your boy played his heart out, like others.
Old 10-08-17, 11:30 AM
Freshman

KidShamrock is on a distinguished road
Rocks taking care of business as expected.

This week will be a challenge. Any time you play an offense like Davidson, you risk losing control of clock and tempo of game. I expect our defense to play well this week. Could see a 21-14 style game with Rocks coming out ahead. I like our guys in run game to help counter with some ball control of our own, mixed in with our typical screen game. Good 1-2 punch against boys in blue.

Not much has changed in how I see R2 unfolding:

1.) Whitmer
2.) Orange
3.) Olentangy
4.) Rocks
5.) Lorain
6.) Jerome
7.) Gahanna
8.) Liberty

I dropped Findlay after their loss to Jesuit. See Liberty getting in after dropping next two and winning Week 10 against W North. Both away games at Orange and Braves don't seem very probable.

Gahanna, not sure what to think. Maybe Reynoldsburg is that good? Crazy Reynoldsburg loses to New Albany Week 1, Gahanna beat New Albany considerably, and lose to Reynoldsburg later on. We are certainly helping them with second level points by finishing strong. They owe Crabs a gift basket.

Celts won't keep it close with Bradley but will do fine in last two weeks to cap of 7-3.
Old 10-08-17, 11:54 AM
All World

Pretty easy to see what's up with Gahanna , they didn't have their QB and a couple other key guys against R-Burg , they also lose two birds with a stone when Lowery went down at QB. Miller their most dependable receiver or their possession guy has to go to QB so they lose a receiver . Harris did play at RB but without the same type of passing gamer threat they suffer a bit . Comparative scores are a tricky animal , every match-up is unique in time, place , mentally and physical match-ups .

Go us heading to Lorain on the Lake, ? Or is that Mentor on the Lake? NO no Lorain stands alone , no subdivision within . A fine All American city .
Old 10-08-17, 12:02 PM
Freshman

Thanks for the welcome Scrumper. I don't have a kid on the team but I'm usually at every game but I was not able to attend the game on Friday because I was out of the state working. From what I hear Ernst and Brown looked pretty good throwing the ball!!!!!
Old 10-08-17, 12:07 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
I still think we should handle the last three games in total control. Davidson and UA I know are rivalries, but both programs are struggling this year and don't seem to have any offense. I think we win all three by at least 21.
Old 10-08-17, 12:15 PM
All World

If I am or others are being unfair , it's regrettable . Been around the block a few times know stuff and how things work can read people and situations pretty well , trust my instincts .

I have made thoughts clear in previous pages and may be i didn't convey them properly but i am on KIDS SIDES, they need guidance advice and to be supported well . There are layers and context to every situation that come into play that go deeper than a kid not playing or playing on any given time.

Life lessons is what is at the heart of my posts , they are crucial to learn early on . Being part of a team is a unique dynamic . Most high school kids especially really good players want to be on the field PERIOD, even to a fault if injured, you should never play injured and risk further damage for your team as a young player .

Heal and get back to practice when healed and cleared by Doc and get after it . Some kids want to get back with more passion than others . Some have other motives as to why they refuse to come back may be a transfer to another school so you paly the charade of being hurt so you may be can skirt the transfer sit out rule may be ? I have seen this a time or two and certainly heard of it .

May be it's not a transfer situation but just being careful as to not lose something like a scholly which is pure lunacy , because the best way to jeopardize and early offer is to sit out when healthy , tells college coaches that you don't have that burning desire to play or get back or that you don't really love the game .

It also tells them you don't care about the team and helping them , it's all about YOU . Team players , unselfishness are big pluses, if talented enough you get offers but to really succeed and thrive it's the mental stuff the attitude the desire to excel and compete and be a team player that elevates kids to the next level , it's something that coaches try to teach their players all the time . Accountability to something bigger than yourself .

if taught you are above everyone else and the real rules and life lessons are for the less talented and attitude doesn't matter if you are fast big or stronger than most then well , we have a problem down the road .

I hope that the kids learn these lessons while young and impressionable because it's tougher later on I think most of us have some experience at learning hard lessons later on .

I hope all is well with the walking wounded and injured and their recoveries and mental attitudes are progressing through the adversity , and that they can get back on the field to hone their skills , finish Senior year off well or just get on the field because they love being there . And mostly to be part of the team and contribute because whether it's work or high school sports there is not many better feelings than being part of and contributing to the success of a group , a team , winning and succeeding with others in the community .

there are no bad kids or parents here, all mean well and or are trying to figure out some stuff lets hope that goes in a positive direction
Old 10-08-17, 12:32 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
He hasn't decided yet, seeing what his contract says
For the record the Drennen kid is really good friends with my son and is really injured. He's one of the most respectful, courteous and unselfish kids that I've ever met. What him and his family thought was just an high ankle sprain after the intial x-ray turned out to be a fractured ankle also when they got an MRI 2 weeks later after the swelling went down. That's why he was only in an air cast when the injury first occured but now he's in a boot. He went to the Dr on 2 weeks ago and it was almost healed. His father told him that he's not getting back on the field until the fracture is fully healed even though he was cleared for light jogging. I don't blame his father one bit because I'd do the same for my children. Trust me he's over here all the time and it's killing him not being able to go to WAR on Friday Nights with his teammates! My wife said that he was over here yesterday and told us that he goes to the Dr Monday to see if the fractured is fully healed and if so he'll be practicing Monday...Let's just all hope for the best #GoRocks
Old 10-08-17, 12:47 PM
All World

I don't think anyone said he was a bad kid . Sure it's killing him not to be out there . So they misdiagnosed it early? That's unfortunate I'd be livid may be he shoukd just sit the rest of the year . Sorry to hear he's still injured ,what took so long for you to let everyone know they were wrong ? I appreciate your correction
Old 10-08-17, 12:57 PM
All World

Thanks again for letting us all know we and I are wrong , but just one more thing seeing as you know the real truth , the doctors haven't or never cleared him to practice? And Monday is the first time a decision will be made? I guess parents can make those decisions on their own I suppose . Have heard different versions.. didn't know he still had break. Doctors can be wrong as can MRI reading is he going to sue the first doctor ? I would terrible mistake
Old 10-08-17, 01:02 PM
All World

Seems like you have every base covered here. No one said anything about an air cast or the boot seems like you are crafting a defense of some kind ? Why ? Good friend ? It's like you see the obvious questions people have had and at this late date need to defend something .

Very puzzling . I go the games can see how much it is killing him to just watch especially Friday really broken up about it
Old 10-08-17, 02:10 PM
All World

Am going to try to put this thing to bed and for the record I hope he can come back to practice and contribute to and help the " TEAM " at some point this season . I think it would be a positive both physically and mentally for him to get back on the field and of course with his vast skill set improves the team certainly. And this is the main point not what adults fans , dads of players are talking about or whose right , it's about doing what's in the kid's best interest , obviously there is risk of getting injured anytime you step on the field even when 100 percent healed and healthy , not playing is the best way to keep it that way , but are you really gaining anything by not playing when cleared or healthy? Maybe something we can't see , truth usually reveals itself at some point .

Not sure if Milo is dad or not , but the litany of all these details to me is fishy if it' s not dad , kind of like when someone gives me too many details about something I think they are trying too hard here to make something believable , they have an agenda or not telling the truth , answering questions that weren't part of any conversation is always a good indicator of possible deception.

You can't do surgery until swelling goes down to a certain point, MRI'S can be done pretty much right away even with massive swelling in ACL injury's so that's a load of crap . X-Ray shows a fracture pretty accurately , and there is no wait for MRI'S so this is not truthful . Seems that this has gotten worse overtime almost not better . Air cast first boot later and still on almost two months later ? RE-Injure? Was a sprain then became a fracture?

Most don't share Milo's hearsay or accou89nt unfortunately including teamamtes which is really unfortunate , who cares what fans think , we only buy 50'S 50's bottles of water a hot dog mat be and get a two for one McMuffin with our tickets , but it is really unfortunate if your teammates have lost faith .

Hope to see him on the field very fun to watch and has a good future ahead of him may be , we'll see how things go , could be one of the great Coffman players ever . Hope he can practice this week . GO ROCKS
Old 10-08-17, 02:25 PM
Freshman

KidShamrock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pretty easy to see what's up with Gahanna , they didn't have their QB and a couple other key guys against R-Burg , they also lose two birds with a stone when Lowery went down at QB. Miller their most dependable receiver or their possession guy has to go to QB so they lose a receiver . Harris did play at RB but without the same type of passing gamer threat they suffer a bit . Comparative scores are a tricky animal , every match-up is unique in time, place , mentally and physical match-ups .

Go us heading to Lorain on the Lake, ? Or is that Mentor on the Lake? NO no Lorain stands alone , no subdivision within . A fine All American city .
Friend of mine has a kid on Gahanna. Says Lowery started the game after all but was benched in favor of Miller in second half. Sounds like they had game in check but poo poo'd the bed. Wish they would have done that Week 5, we could be talking home playoff game.

Don't know much about Lorain. Anybody have any insights as to what type of team they have?
Old 10-08-17, 02:54 PM
All World

That sounds weird, taking Lowery out? Are you sure ? unless injured that is. are you sure he played a whole first half against R-Burg
Old 10-08-17, 03:15 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That sounds weird, taking Lowery out? Are you sure ? unless injured that is. are you sure he played a whole first half against R-Burg
The ThisWeekNews recap does report that Lowery started and was pulled.

Maybe he was rusty due to not practicing or maybe he got re-injured.
Old 10-08-17, 03:23 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Am going to try to put this thing to bed and for the record I hope he can come back to practice and contribute to and help the " TEAM " at some point this season . I think it would be a positive both physically and mentally for him to get back on the field and of course with his vast skill set improves the team certainly. And this is the main point not what adults fans , dads of players are talking about or whose right , it's about doing what's in the kid's best interest , obviously there is risk of getting injured anytime you step on the field even when 100 percent healed and healthy , not playing is the best way to keep it that way , but are you really gaining anything by not playing when cleared or healthy? Maybe something we can't see , truth usually reveals itself at some point .

Not sure if Milo is dad or not , but the litany of all these details to me is fishy if it' s not dad , kind of like when someone gives me too many details about something I think they are trying too hard here to make something believable , they have an agenda or not telling the truth , answering questions that weren't part of any conversation is always a good indicator of possible deception.

You can't do surgery until swelling goes down to a certain point, MRI'S can be done pretty much right away even with massive swelling in ACL injury's so that's a load of crap . X-Ray shows a fracture pretty accurately , and there is no wait for MRI'S so this is not truthful . Seems that this has gotten worse overtime almost not better . Air cast first boot later and still on almost two months later ? RE-Injure? Was a sprain then became a fracture?

Most don't share Milo's hearsay or accou89nt unfortunately including teamamtes which is really unfortunate , who cares what fans think , we only buy 50'S 50's bottles of water a hot dog mat be and get a two for one McMuffin with our tickets , but it is really unfortunate if your teammates have lost faith .

Hope to see him on the field very fun to watch and has a good future ahead of him may be , we'll see how things go , could be one of the great Coffman players ever . Hope he can practice this week . GO ROCKS
No I'm not the kids father but my family and his family have got very close every since they moved out here 3 years ago. But I will tell u that his parents are in shocked that people are going around saying that he's not really injured and that he's quitting on his team. But like u said enough of talking about that situation on to another topic...#GoRocks
Old 10-08-17, 03:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylo View Post
No I'm not the kids father but my family and his family have got very close every since they moved out here 3 years ago. But I will tell u that his parents are in shocked that people are going around saying that he's not really injured and that he's quitting on his team. But like u said enough of talking about that situation on to another topic...#GoRocks
3 years ago?
Old 10-08-17, 03:30 PM
Freshman

I heard that the Lowery kid started the game and left in the 1st because of his fractured wrist he suffered the game last week against Pick Central. also I'm hearing that their speedy receiver #7 Buckner pulled his hip flexor VERY bad and left the game in the 4th qtr and might miss some significant time. If this is true then Gahanna is in some serious trouble
Old 10-08-17, 03:31 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
3 years ago?
I meant 2 yrs ago
Old 10-08-17, 03:56 PM
All World

No one is doubting that he got hurt and there was an injury I was at the scrimmage against Westy C , but almost two months later people have legit questions whether he has been cleared but he and Dad are still hesitating for whatever reason .

Football is the ultimate team game and when a teammate who is clearly a difference maker is not playing and many feel that he could be out there helping it will rub them the wrong way , I think that is what is happening here .

Always time to come back and change things and perceptions , because this team is going to the Play-offs so time for the team and some individuals to turn things around certainly .
Old 10-08-17, 04:03 PM
Varsity

Well, to change subject. To KidShamrock post I like the following

1) Whitmer
2) Orange
3) ROCkS
4) Tangy
5) Gahanna
6) Jerome
7) liberty
8) Lorain

I think that liberty bites Tangy, and sneaks a W in. But, so drained, they lay egg against Orange

ROCKS win out.

Lorain loses to Bedford.

Jerome loses to Bradley. But wins out after.

And Gahanna loses to the Gales and North.

Make it so high school football gods!
Old 10-08-17, 04:41 PM
All World

Love the thought process Scrump . How delicious is Jerome invading Coffman stadium ? Big crowd , great atmosphere, great for the community , the whole city would be pumped up . Hopefully Scioto wins out and makes the pay-offs but if not they are also at this game . Too good to be true won't happen LOL

But Orange Liberty as well ? Tangy Gahanna interesting with no heavy travel and the two out of our region teams play each other ? PERFECT, alas too perfect never happen .

We would need the Gods on our side bleeding green and black no doubt . For the record against the Louie Line I was 5-1 with two PUSHES . Thought UA would snap their futility against HD but they didn't but got three points so a push , and I thought Tangy would win a close one vs Orange and they lost by two points but I was getting two points from Louie . So another push.

Lost with PC winning by a mere point as they clearly were looking ahead ? Not sure what to make of PC . Lancaster is OK but how do you only score 14 ? Yes Lancaster held the ball all night , good news no future play-off opponents will employ a similar strategy only running the ball .

Wins with Scioto cruising past Kilbourne , Burg holding on vs Gahanna , Darby covering LP spread but not close to my predicted closer call of a TD as the emotion dam finally burst for poor YOTW .

WC over WN and Liberty over the Westy S Ibbies were pretty accurate and easy covers .

Scioto -Darby game I think is setting up to be a real week 10 play-off game, should be a really good one
Old 10-08-17, 07:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylo View Post
I meant 2 yrs ago
Probably more like 16 months, but. Guess time flies when you're really good friends.
Old 10-09-17, 08:36 AM
Varsity

Come on,,, kid needs a new pair of cleats. Starting to go to the wire. Some great possible scenarios on the front coming at us in R2.
The ROCKS have to chance to secure at least a part of the league title this week. Need that playoff intensity from last year.