Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #511  
Old 07-18-18, 08:34 AM
fridayguru fridayguru is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-21-17
Posts: 193
fridayguru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
So you say that he was a 'longtime' assistant but I need to prove that he wasn't? Nah, it was your assertion - just own it.

As for ML, Goodwin is reportedly checking out potential alternative sites for first round playoff games (assuming the Flyers make the playoffs) in order to maximize any advantages he can further down the line. Some pinhead was complaining about that practice on Yappi last year and got put on moderated status - in fact that was shortly before you joined this board, as coincidence would have it - but it worked for ML so he'll likely try it again this year.
Wow. A lot of action in my absence. Looking forward to that pinhead making spot on predictions again this year! Most of which were just calling out the truth
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 07-18-18, 04:18 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Coldwater has two 7 on 7's this week.

Today vs Wapakoneta at 6:30
Tomorrow vs Celina at 6

Both are at Coldwater's practice field
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 07-19-18, 11:00 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,184
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Coldwater has two 7 on 7's this week.

Today vs Wapakoneta at 6:30
Tomorrow vs Celina at 6

Both are at Coldwater's practice field
so how did the Cavs look?

the Cats had one against Stmarys on Monday, and Mechanicsburg practiced with the Cats all day yesterday. Tonight they go against the Alumni in a 7 on 7.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 07-19-18, 11:18 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
so how did the Cavs look?

the Cats had one against Stmarys on Monday, and Mechanicsburg practiced with the Cats all day yesterday. Tonight they go against the Alumni in a 7 on 7.
Couldn't get to the one yesterday. Gonna try to get to the one today. Alumni 7 on 7 sounds like a neat Idea
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 07-19-18, 07:30 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
so how did the Cavs look?

the Cats had one against Stmarys on Monday, and Mechanicsburg practiced with the Cats all day yesterday. Tonight they go against the Alumni in a 7 on 7.
We had some pretty quick receivers tonight. One that stands out actually is a kid I had said was a wide receiver that was moved to offensive line because of lack of depth. Well now Noah Miller is playing Tight End and he can catch and run pretty well. Definitely one to look for. We have a plethora of targets to throw to. Cole Frilling is also playing football so there's another WR to look out for.

Qb wise just had a rotation of two. Jake Hemmelgarn and Miles Blasingame. Jake was fairly accurate and could throw deep fairly well. However, some times it looked like he floated a few of his passes which could lead to INT's. Miles just fired it on in there and was about as advertised as far as arm strength goes. This kid is good.


Defensive wise I think we covered fairly well. Celina tended to throw sideline passes and out to the flat a lot. We did get beat a few times deep but its July. We still got time to correct things.


Bottom line is if we develop a competent set of linemen we should be in great shape. I think we scored 10 times and Celina scored 5 times.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 07-20-18 at 04:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 07-21-18, 03:44 PM
brutus30 brutus30 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-28-16
Posts: 6
brutus30 is on a distinguished road
Have a pretty good idea of what the top of the MAC is going to look like, but whats the middle of the pack going to look like? SH, Anna, DSJ, Versailles, New Bremen?
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 07-24-18, 04:03 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus30 View Post
Have a pretty good idea of what the top of the MAC is going to look like, but whats the middle of the pack going to look like? SH, Anna, DSJ, Versailles, New Bremen?
1. Marion Local
2. Coldwater
3. Minster
4. Anna
5. Fort Recovery
6. St Henry
7. New Bremen
8. Delphos St. Johns
9. Versailles
10. Parkway

That's how I see the league finishing but anything can happen really. 3-9 are just a big log jam basically. It could be whoever gets hot at a certain time or one team staying healthier than another.
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 07-24-18, 04:09 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,184
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
1. Marion Local
2. Coldwater
3. Minster
4. Anna
5. Fort Recovery
6. St Henry
7. New Bremen
8. Delphos St. Johns
9. Versailles
10. Parkway

That's how I see the league finishing but anything can happen really. 3-9 are just a big log jam basically. It could be whoever gets hot at a certain time or one team staying healthier than another.
wondering how many starters did Coldwater lose last year? what were some of the key departures for the Cavs( positions)
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 07-24-18, 04:20 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
wondering how many starters did Coldwater lose last year? what were some of the key departures for the Cavs( positions)
3 off of the offensive line, our QB, and wide receivers Jack Muhlenkamp and Jacob Hartings. Everything else returns offensively.

We did lose our entire defensive line we have to replace our Middle Linebackers. Everything else I think returns or played some varsity last year. The lines on both sides of the ball are what worry me. Our offensive line could be pretty young.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 07-24-18, 04:25 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,184
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
3 off of the offensive line, our QB, and wide receivers Jack Muhlenkamp and Jacob Hartings. Everything else returns offensively.

We did lose our entire defensive line we have to replace our Middle Linebackers. Everything else I think returns or played some varsity last year. The lines on both sides of the ball are what worry me. Our offensive line could be pretty young.
didn't Muhlenkamp play DB, or at least he started against the cats
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Old 07-24-18, 04:27 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
didn't Muhlenkamp play DB, or at least he started against the cats
Yes he did. Jacob Hartings also played outside linebacler
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 07-25-18, 07:30 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
With CW starting the season against what should be an improved Kenton team and than Clinton Massie the Cavs could begin the season 0-2, especially since CW is breaking in a new QB. When is the last time that ever happened ?
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 07-25-18, 08:46 AM
ReadyKnightsFan ReadyKnightsFan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-31-16
Posts: 265
ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
With CW starting the season against what should be an improved Kenton team and than Clinton Massie the Cavs could begin the season 0-2, especially since CW is breaking in a new QB. When is the last time that ever happened ?
In 2010 and 2017 Coldwater started 1-2. As far back as 1999 they never started 0-2 though.

Last edited by ReadyKnightsFan; 07-25-18 at 11:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 07-25-18, 10:49 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
With CW starting the season against what should be an improved Kenton team and than Clinton Massie the Cavs could begin the season 0-2, especially since CW is breaking in a new QB. When is the last time that ever happened ?
The last time Coldwater started 0-2 was 1993.
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 07-30-18, 10:53 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Good luck to everyone starting camp today!
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 07-30-18, 12:38 PM
CJK84 CJK84 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-04-15
Posts: 265
CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Who will play qb for Minster (in other words who gets to fill Huelsman's shoes)?
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 07-30-18, 12:41 PM
fridayguru fridayguru is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-21-17
Posts: 193
fridayguru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
1. Marion Local
2. Coldwater
3. Minster
4. Anna
5. Fort Recovery
6. St Henry
7. New Bremen
8. Delphos St. Johns
9. Versailles
10. Parkway

That's how I see the league finishing but anything can happen really. 3-9 are just a big log jam basically. It could be whoever gets hot at a certain time or one team staying healthier than another.
ML
CW
SH
DSJ
Versailles
Minster
Anna
NB
FR
PW
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 07-30-18, 12:43 PM
fridayguru fridayguru is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-21-17
Posts: 193
fridayguru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
The last time Coldwater started 0-2 was 1993.
All this talk about Kenton. I see Coldwater as improved from last year. They have picked up a few pieces and will reload in those few lost positions. 1-1 to start the season. Clinton Massie is the real deal this year (like most years) but deserve that preseason #1.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 07-30-18, 01:15 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,184
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post
Who will play qb for Minster (in other words who gets to fill Huelsman's shoes)?
battle between Jr Jacob Niemeyer and Sr Mike Ketner
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 07-30-18, 05:41 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayguru View Post
All this talk about Kenton. I see Coldwater as improved from last year. They have picked up a few pieces and will reload in those few lost positions. 1-1 to start the season. Clinton Massie is the real deal this year (like most years) but deserve that preseason #1.
The thing that worries me is the state of the offensive/defensive lines as we might have 2 sophomores on it. Everything else returns or is being filled with people I think will step up. As far as the non-conference goes, I think we go 1-1. Clinton-Massie is loaded for bare and I just hope we make it out of the non-conference slate healthy. As for Kenton, we let them back into the game in the 2nd half last year and I wasn't happy about it and I bet our coaches feel the same way.
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 08-01-18, 09:46 AM
fridayguru fridayguru is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-21-17
Posts: 193
fridayguru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
The thing that worries me is the state of the offensive/defensive lines as we might have 2 sophomores on it. Everything else returns or is being filled with people I think will step up. As far as the non-conference goes, I think we go 1-1. Clinton-Massie is loaded for bare and I just hope we make it out of the non-conference slate healthy. As for Kenton, we let them back into the game in the 2nd half last year and I wasn't happy about it and I bet our coaches feel the same way.
Agreed. The game was a lock. Final score much closer than the game itself due to some mental breakdowns. I expect much better this year and Coldwater to roll Kenton, silencing some doubters about the non-conf schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 08-01-18, 09:01 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,634
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Well, over on the CCC thread, it is being reported that Mississinawa Valley might not be playing football this season. Who can New Bremen get to replace them in week 2 if they don't play? Portsmouth Notre Dame was supposed to play Millersport in week 2 so that could be a possibility.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 08-01-18 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 08-02-18, 07:34 AM
a_td a_td is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-17-14
Posts: 329
a_td is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Well, over on the CCC thread, it is being reported that Mississinawa Valley might not be playing football this season. Who can New Bremen get to replace them in week 2 if they don't play? Portsmouth Notre Dame was supposed to play Millersport in week 2 so that could be a possibility.
Reigning Sports Academy out of Columbus (DVII) is looking for a Week 2 game.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 08-02-18, 07:37 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,184
bigkat is on a distinguished road
love watching scrimmages(it's that time of the year) so who is everybody scrimmaging and when

Minsters

TUesday morning @ Bellefountaine ( and Belmont? maybe another team)

Sat morning August 11 @ Franklin( Northmont, New Richmond, ???)

Friday August 17th @ Wapak
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 08-02-18, 07:53 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Week one predictions :

Kenton 35 CW 28
FR 40 Lehman 13
NB 33 Ben Logan 14
Minster 28 Fort Loramie 27
DSJ 49 Woodward 6
Covington 21 SH 14
Crestview 42 Parkway 26
Fenwick 27 Anna 20
Celina 28 Versailles 20
ML 42 Woodlan 8

The MAC starts the season against some good competition, should be an interesting 1st week. Overall I have the MAC going 5-5 to open the season.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 08-02-18, 08:44 AM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,581
serpico will become famous soon enough
Woodlan is returning a ton of talent from a state runner-up team and its JV went undefeated the last two years. They called ML for a game, so they think they can compete. I don't see a beat down coming but I'd be fine with it.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 08-02-18, 09:08 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,184
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Woodlan is returning a ton of talent from a state runner-up team and its JV went undefeated the last two years. They called ML for a game, so they think they can compete. I don't see a beat down coming but I'd be fine with it.
how big is the school?
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 08-02-18, 09:09 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,184
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Week one predictions :

Kenton 35 CW 28
FR 40 Lehman 13
NB 33 Ben Logan 14
Minster 28 Fort Loramie 27
DSJ 49 Woodward 6
Covington 21 SH 14
Crestview 42 Parkway 26
Fenwick 27 Anna 20
Celina 28 Versailles 20
ML 42 Woodlan 8

The MAC starts the season against some good competition, should be an interesting 1st week. Overall I have the MAC going 5-5 to open the season.
did St Henry lose a bunch of players?
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 08-02-18, 09:12 AM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,581
serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
how big is the school?
Last year they were equivalent to a D4 Ohio school.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 08-02-18, 09:36 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Woodlan is returning a ton of talent from a state runner-up team and its JV went undefeated the last two years. They called ML for a game, so they think they can compete. I don't see a beat down coming but I'd be fine with it.
I knew they were State - runner up however knew little else about them other than they lost to LCC 27 - 20 last season. Thanks for the info, with the game being at Woodlan, I may have underestimated the Warriors. Plus Woodlan I believe will have 1 or 2 games under their belt ( think Indiana starts football before Ohio ) and it will be the Flyers 1st game. Will change my prediction 21 to 14 ML.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) cchs1983 Football 160 10-20-18 04:20 PM
2018 Best of the Midwest (Formerly Philo) - Saturday JANUARY 6, 2018 ptrsn Wrestling 103 01-07-18 09:39 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
Midwest Athletic Conference 2017 StateChampion2012 Football 1450 12-09-17 02:06 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz