Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 04-25-18, 09:22 AM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 69
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
Do people resign their jobs when looking for another job in the business world? That would be a scary proposition. Resigning is not easy on anyone especially the kids. Things have to be done in order for people to move on with their lives. This was dealt with in a professional matter. Those that do not understand the facts on this situation should clearly keep their opinions to themselves.
How about following your own advice and keep your personal opinions about me out of it? I stated facts. If these facts are not true, tell me which facts are wrong and I will gladly apologize.
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 04-25-18, 09:41 AM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 20
quake591 is on a distinguished road
What facts have you stated all speculation please apologize for everything you have said. I know the facts and Others should too, good luck at Crestview next year.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 04-25-18, 10:51 AM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 69
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
What facts have you stated all speculation please apologize for everything you have said. I know the facts and Others should too, good luck at Crestview next year.
Wellman quits coaching in February, that's speculation, he quits teaching this week, that's speculation?
You are wrong about this and oh yeah, Mr. Know it All, I don't give two s**** about Crestview. Keep guessing and maybe some day you might get it right. Given what you have said so far, you don't know any more than I do. Maybe even less.
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 04-25-18, 11:07 AM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 69
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
My bad. Now since you seem to know the situation, who have they interviewed? Is OCL's rumor right and Rob Rutledge is the next coach or are they still in the interview process? Also, what school district hired Shane Wellman?
Yeah, Quake951 what is the news since you think you know everything? What school hired Wellman?
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 04-25-18, 11:20 AM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 20
quake591 is on a distinguished road
Whiteford
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 04-25-18, 11:21 AM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 20
quake591 is on a distinguished road
no need to cuss buddy everyone is always tougher online.
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 04-25-18, 01:04 PM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 69
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
Whiteford
The elementary school in Sylvania or the high school in Michigan?
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 04-25-18, 02:09 PM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 20
quake591 is on a distinguished road
why does that matter to you?
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 04-25-18, 06:31 PM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 69
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
I read today in the Black and Gold Unfold, an insert of the Photo Star that Dusty Rutledge has been offered the head football coaching job at Parkway pending school board approval.
I am surprised that the Daily Standard of Times Bulletin have not reported it. No other info available on search of candidates.
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 04-25-18, 07:17 PM
IndianaBanana IndianaBanana is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-26-16
Posts: 203
IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
no need to cuss buddy everyone is always tougher online.
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 04-25-18, 08:40 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,584
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
I read today in the Black and Gold Unfold, an insert of the Photo Star that Dusty Rutledge has been offered the head football coaching job at Parkway pending school board approval.
I am surprised that the Daily Standard of Times Bulletin have not reported it. No other info available on search of candidates.
Keep us updated. 419sports.com usually is a great source for coaching changes and I haven't seen it there either.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 04-26-18, 06:20 AM
OCLWarrior OCLWarrior is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 69
OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Keep us updated. 419sports.com usually is a great source for coaching changes and I haven't seen it there either.
I guess none of the media outlets want to say anything until it's officially confirmed by the school board.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 04-27-18, 03:02 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,584
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Good Luck Coach Rutledge!
http://419sports.com/rutledge-tabbed...ay-head-coach/
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 05-21-18, 07:49 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,584
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
(Bump)
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 05-24-18, 06:57 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 171
triple option is on a distinguished road
School is finally out over here in Massie land so let football season begin right.. haha...Never been to the Coldwater football field before, but looking forward to seeing the our brothers from another mother. How's things looking for the Cav's this year?
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 05-24-18, 07:29 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,774
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
School is finally out over here in Massie land so let football season begin right.. haha...Never been to the Coldwater football field before, but looking forward to seeing the our brothers from another mother. How's things looking for the Cav's this year?
Pretty loaded.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 05-24-18, 08:27 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,584
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
School is finally out over here in Massie land so let football season begin right.. haha...Never been to the Coldwater football field before, but looking forward to seeing the our brothers from another mother. How's things looking for the Cav's this year?
If we can gel on the offensive line, we could be a very good football team. Neither me or voice can really tell who the QB is going to be. I don't think we will know until we get all our baseball guys back into the fold and we start into 7 on 7's. (They're still playing) We have depth at receiver and running back. Defensively, we should be fine. We'll have a pretty good secondary. Going to have a little turnover on the defensive line but I believe people will step up.

Things we need to improve upon are our offensive line and NOT turning the ball over in our own territory especially at the 10 or the one like against St. John's. Also, need a lot less personal fouls than last year. I think we had 8 of them which is beyond unacceptable.


I think you'll like Cavalier Stadium. I think we have visitor seating for 1000. There is also plenty of standing room. The parking is decent and the concessions are good. Programs and 50/50 tickets are readily available.

This is a view of our visitor seating:
https://twitter.com/coachbruns/statu...05693207658496

Here's an aerial view:
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2...alier-stadium/

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 05-24-18 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Stadium
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 05-24-18, 09:26 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 171
triple option is on a distinguished road
Sounds opposite of what we have going on over here, Losing our center but have all the other off. lineman coming back. QB is returning but all 3 backs and receiver gone. Pretty sure we'll have some others step up tho..all 3 were hurt/out last year by 2nd play off game.

Defense loses a 4 yr starter at LB but secondary i believe should be pretty solid. Lots of size upfront (D-Line) maybe a hair slower tho, not really sure about that one yet.

Turnovers are game changers, been on both sides of that one. We lost one with a 1:20 left in the 4th. We got the 1st down to secure the win, kid kept fighting for more yards and got stripped. Long pass down the sideline game over.

That's great for your BB team to be still playing hope they bring it back to CW. Our softball team is still in the hunt.

If you have any 7 on 7s around down this way on the weekends post em up, would like to go watch. Not sure about our schedule yet, I know they usually do Dublin Coffman 7 on 7 and lineman challenge in June but havent got to talk to anyone to confirm this year.

Did #75 get any offers to play anywhere? Kid was a beast against us, think he had 13 tackles or more.
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 05-24-18, 09:47 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,584
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
Sounds opposite of what we have going on over here, Losing our center but have all the other off. lineman coming back. QB is returning but all 3 backs and receiver gone. Pretty sure we'll have some others step up tho..all 3 were hurt/out last year by 2nd play off game.

Defense loses a 4 yr starter at LB but secondary i believe should be pretty solid. Lots of size upfront (D-Line) maybe a hair slower tho, not really sure about that one yet.

Turnovers are game changers, been on both sides of that one. We lost one with a 1:20 left in the 4th. We got the 1st down to secure the win, kid kept fighting for more yards and got stripped. Long pass down the sideline game over.

That's great for your BB team to be still playing hope they bring it back to CW. Our softball team is still in the hunt.

If you have any 7 on 7s around down this way on the weekends post em up, would like to go watch. Not sure about our schedule yet, I know they usually do Dublin Coffman 7 on 7 and lineman challenge in June but havent got to talk to anyone to confirm this year.

Did #75 get any offers to play anywhere? Kid was a beast against us, think he had 13 tackles or more.
I don't think so. I think last year we 7 on 7ed Springfield Catholic Central. We go to a 7on7 tournament at Dayton Welcome Stadium every year. Don't know about any others.
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 05-29-18, 12:41 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,720
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Pretty loaded.
You're not very good at that......


Statechampion is pretty accurate. CW goes as the QB goes and that is way up in the air at this point. The OL needs solidified as well.

I don't think it will be decided until after the 7 on 7s and maybe even a scrimmage or two, which isn't the best case scenario because whomever gets the job needs all the snaps they can get and the competition will delay the development so I expect them to start the season extremely slow.

Coldwater is a fairly big baseball town so those baseball players will continue to play ball even after the spring season is over. They do have summer camps and such to go along with the 7 on 7s but they keep pretty busy with baseball as well as fitting in the football.

Schedule is brutal to start the season with Kenton, who really stepped it up late last year, and the state powerhouse of CM.

Best CW can realistically hope for is a 1-1 NL schedule to start the season.

The team last season just wasn't up to the standards of what we have seen but then again the last ten seasons put up expectations that are nearly impossible to sustain.
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old 05-29-18, 03:01 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,578
serpico will become famous soon enough
A wise coach who is no longer in the area once opined that Coldwater could fall out of bed and go 7-3. Obviously that was a bit of an exaggeration but with the infrastructure in place and large numbers coming through the pipeline, I don't see a serious falloff coming anytime soon.
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 05-29-18, 03:10 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,774
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
You're not very good at that......


Statechampion is pretty accurate. CW goes as the QB goes and that is way up in the air at this point. The OL needs solidified as well.

I don't think it will be decided until after the 7 on 7s and maybe even a scrimmage or two, which isn't the best case scenario because whomever gets the job needs all the snaps they can get and the competition will delay the development so I expect them to start the season extremely slow.

Coldwater is a fairly big baseball town so those baseball players will continue to play ball even after the spring season is over. They do have summer camps and such to go along with the 7 on 7s but they keep pretty busy with baseball as well as fitting in the football.

Schedule is brutal to start the season with Kenton, who really stepped it up late last year, and the state powerhouse of CM.

Best CW can realistically hope for is a 1-1 NL schedule to start the season.

The team last season just wasn't up to the standards of what we have seen but then again the last ten seasons put up expectations that are nearly impossible to sustain.
Not good at what?


CW will be a very tough team yet again.
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 05-29-18, 03:16 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,774
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
A wise coach who is no longer in the area once opined that Coldwater could fall out of bed and go 7-3. Obviously that was a bit of an exaggeration but with the infrastructure in place and large numbers coming through the pipeline, I don't see a serious falloff coming anytime soon.
CW won 9 games last season with a team that was supposedly one of the worst Cavs teams in the last decade.
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 05-29-18, 08:15 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,159
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
You're not very good at that......


Statechampion is pretty accurate. CW goes as the QB goes and that is way up in the air at this point. The OL needs solidified as well.

I don't think it will be decided until after the 7 on 7s and maybe even a scrimmage or two, which isn't the best case scenario because whomever gets the job needs all the snaps they can get and the competition will delay the development so I expect them to start the season extremely slow.

Coldwater is a fairly big baseball town so those baseball players will continue to play ball even after the spring season is over. They do have summer camps and such to go along with the 7 on 7s but they keep pretty busy with baseball as well as fitting in the football.

Schedule is brutal to start the season with Kenton, who really stepped it up late last year, and the state powerhouse of CM.

Best CW can realistically hope for is a 1-1 NL schedule to start the season.

The team last season just wasn't up to the standards of what we have seen but then again the last ten seasons put up expectations that are nearly impossible to sustain.
Good luck to the Orange and Black of Coldwater this week...go get a trophy......i just hope they have time to put extra work in for football
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 05-29-18, 08:16 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,159
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
A wise coach who is no longer in the area once opined that Coldwater could fall out of bed and go 7-3. Obviously that was a bit of an exaggeration but with the infrastructure in place and large numbers coming through the pipeline, I don't see a serious falloff coming anytime soon.
that and having a bunch of 19 year olds playing for them
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 05-29-18, 09:07 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,720
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Good luck to the Orange and Black of Coldwater this week...go get a trophy......i just hope they have time to put extra work in for football
Just hope they don't cancel any summer GAMES to get that extra work in............


As it stands now, yeah CW has been on a good run, as has MSML.

As someone who was around during the lowest of the lows I am just savoring each good season. I wouldn't wish those 4 years on anyone, well, maybe Versailles, but....
good things come to an end though..just hope it isn't soon. St Henry bottomed out for a bit...as did DSJ...and Minster went through a long bad stretch as well, as did Versailles. It will happen.
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 05-29-18, 11:00 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,578
serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
that and having a bunch of 19 year olds playing for them
I know you’re joking, but there are plenty of otherwise sensible people that swear Coldwater holds their kids back to create a bunch of 19-year old football-playing seniors. Loons.
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 05-29-18, 11:09 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,720
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
I know you’re joking, but there are plenty of otherwise sensible people that swear Coldwater holds their kids back to create a bunch of 19-year old football-playing seniors. Loons.
Maybe they need to hold back those kids who play basketball too.
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 05-30-18, 05:17 AM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,774
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
I know you’re joking, but there are plenty of otherwise sensible people that swear Coldwater holds their kids back to create a bunch of 19-year old football-playing seniors. Loons.
It has happened in the past. It doesn't take a "bunch" to put a team over the top. The difference a year makes at that age is astronomical.
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 05-30-18, 08:43 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,720
thavoice is on a distinguished road
I just hope they never have too many OE/transfers in to push them up a division.......

....

Too early to start talking about team's 7/7 and scrimmages?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) cchs1983 Football 147 09-25-18 02:00 PM
2018 Best of the Midwest (Formerly Philo) - Saturday JANUARY 6, 2018 ptrsn Wrestling 103 01-07-18 09:39 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
Midwest Athletic Conference 2017 StateChampion2012 Football 1450 12-09-17 02:06 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz