Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-17-14, 07:20 PM
Junior Varsity

4theluvofthegame is on a distinguished road
Hows the NBC going to be this year?

100 days till opening high school game day! Can't wait to see this years talent. What's the NBC look like this year? Who's it gonna be...another 3 way tie
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-14, 11:44 AM
All Ohio

LepsLB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4theluvofthegame View Post
100 days till opening high school game day! Can't wait to see this years talent. What's the NBC look like this year? Who's it gonna be...another 3 way tie
It will be another dogfight it sounds like. I imagine WB and CS will be the preseason favorites, and I don't know who is coming back for Marlington.

As for the Leps, they will be a young team with only 3-4 seniors, depending on who decides to play. At this point it looks like only 3. 6 letter winners return and many underclass men will be asked to contribute. From what I understand, one starter from last year cannot play due to injuries, one doesn't want to play, and one transferred out of school district.

First year coach Brian Warner, who comes over from NC Hoover, will have a challenge, however, there is a strong nucleus to build around. The younger guys will have to contribute. Pitching should be in good shape, and there should be good speed in the field and on bases. Don't count this team out.

Excited for the season in a few months!

How does everyone else look?
Old 12-27-14, 04:45 PM
Junior Varsity

West Branch and South will be right there for sure they have a lot of talent. I think Markington has 11 seniors many are multi year letter winners and will start 6 or 7 of them. The other starters will be 2 year letter winner juniors and possibly a sophomore. I look for Markington to be a hard out this year. They will be deep and strong in pitching. If their defense is on point this year they will do well.
Old 12-29-14, 09:25 PM
All Ohio

Marlington is always tough. I didn't realize they had that much coming back; they will definitely be in the thick of it. Is Balderson coming back or was he a senior last year?

Any word on who Alliance is returning and how they will be? Rumor is floating around that former Leps HC Siegfried is helping them out.
Old 12-31-14, 07:32 AM
Junior Varsity

Not sure about the Aviators. I think they are young but Graffice is a great person and a great coach and he will have them playing solid ball and getting wins. Don't know Seigfried but I do know that he knows the game and if he's helping Graff then Alliance will be better than most!

The Balderson kid is back for Marlington with a lot of other pretty good seniors and two very good juniors. It's Gabelts last year as he is retiring so I hope they have a fun and memorable season for the class of 2015 and for Gabe. He is a really great guy!

South has a very good nucleus of seniors as well that have played together a long time and Trent is an outstanding coach so they are going to be very good.

Happy New Year and looking forward to this spring prep season!
Old 01-30-15, 11:17 AM
All Ohio

Any updates, as official practices start up in less than a month?
Old 02-11-15, 07:21 PM
Junior Varsity

NBC standings

How's everyone seeing it?

South
Dukes
Branch
Louisville
Alliance
Carrollton
Salem
Old 02-11-15, 07:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
How's everyone seeing it?

South
Dukes
Branch
Louisville
Alliance
Carrollton
Salem
Look like you forget Minerva in the mix

I agree with your top four but think it will be a dogfight between them. I think the league will be pretty good this year, carried by those teams you mentioned.

I'd like to hear from some of the others on here that I have seen over the years that follow these Senior and Jr classes, chime in. Should be some great pitching match ups this year.
Old 02-11-15, 08:12 PM
Junior Varsity

Sorry Minerva. Forgot them. Heard they have a great new turf field!
Old 02-11-15, 10:10 PM
All Ohio

Do we have a list of the top pitchers this year?
Old 02-13-15, 05:24 AM
Junior Varsity

Balderson @ Marlington
Stickle @ South
Deshields @ West Branch

All three senior arms with a lot of quality innings. After those three I don't know who has what this year.
Old 02-13-15, 09:43 AM
All Ohio

Hewitt and Adams will be the top two returning for Lsvl.
Hammerton is the only pitcher I know coming back for Alliance.
Have no idea in regards to Minerva, Salem, Carrollton.
Old 02-14-15, 12:34 AM
All District

GoGreen1970 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LepsLB View Post
Hewitt and Adams will be the top two returning for Lsvl.
Hammerton is the only pitcher I know coming back for Alliance.
Have no idea in regards to Minerva, Salem, Carrollton.
Who is Hewitt?? I thought Kerzan was their tops
Old 02-14-15, 11:18 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGreen1970 View Post
Who is Hewitt?? I thought Kerzan was their tops
Kerzan,unfortunately, from what I understand, will not be playing do to an injury that will take awhile to heal. He didn't pitch much last year either if I recall. Hewitt is a senior. If you want to know more about him, talk to your SS over there at Green. He has been a teammate with him in summer ball since 2012.

There will definitely be some underclassmen that will round out the rotation nicely.
Old 02-16-15, 01:45 PM
Freshman

Alfalfa is on a distinguished road
Who will some of the top freshmen be?
Old 02-17-15, 03:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Jay-Z's My Agent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sorry Minerva. Forgot them. Heard they have a great new turf field!

And a great new hire for a Head Coach. They will battle and fight but the talent won't be in Minerva for a couple of years. Lots of great young kids coming up through the new system though.
Old 02-17-15, 06:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Z's My Agent View Post
And a great new hire for a Head Coach. They will battle and fight but the talent won't be in Minerva for a couple of years. Lots of great young kids coming up through the new system though.
That is great to hear. Who is it and what is his background?
Old 02-21-15, 11:52 PM
All District

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
With all do respect Jay, Minerva will be a top 3 team in this conference this year. We only lose two guys from a a team that gave Dover all they could handle in the district championship. I promise that this will not be the same Minerva team that gives the 4 or 5 outs an inning and I don't think there will be a faster team in the NBC, especially on the new turf.
Old 02-22-15, 03:36 AM
Junior Varsity

Jay-Z's My Agent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is great to hear. Who is it and what is his background?
Rocky Bourquin, who just happens to know a thing or 2 about the game of baseball. Former Canton South HC in the 90's and is well known around the state.
Old 02-22-15, 10:26 AM
All District

Quote:
Rocky Bourquin, who just happens to know a thing or 2 about the game of baseball. Former Canton South HC in the 90's and is well known around the state.
I'll tell ya Jay, I'm not sure how or why he came to Minerva but I am sure glad we got him. He has really put an emphasis on mechanics and fundamentals. We won't have the luxury of great pitching that Branch, South or Marlington have, but we will throw strikes and rely on some solid gloves to make plays. Rocky by himself is good for 3or4 wins.
Old 02-23-15, 12:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
With all do respect Jay, Minerva will be a top 3 team in this conference this year. We only lose two guys from a a team that gave Dover all they could handle in the district championship. I promise that this will not be the same Minerva team that gives the 4 or 5 outs an inning and I don't think there will be a faster team in the NBC, especially on the new turf.
This is certainly a lofty prediction based on past matchups between the underclasses of the last few years. That being said, it is always necessary to set goals. I wish you luck.
Old 02-23-15, 12:26 PM
All Ohio

If you have your schedule- post 'em.

2015 Louisville Leopards Varsity Baseball Schedule

SCRIMMAGES
3/20 at Green 4:30
3/23 St. Vincent-St. Mary TBA
3/25 Vs. Canton McKinley TBA

REGULAR SEASON
3/28 at Dover 12:00
3/31 at Marlington 4:30
4/2 Marlington 4:30
4/4 GlenOak 11:00
4/4 GlenOak 1:00
4/6 at North Canton Hoover 5:00
4/7 Minerva 4:30
4/9 at Minerva 4:30
4/11 Springfield 11:00
4/14 at Alliance 4:30
4/16 Alliance 4:30
4/18 at Akron Ellet 11:00
4/18 at Akron Ellet 2:00
4/21 Canton South 4:30
4/22 at Barberton 5:00
4/23 at Canton South 4:30
4/25 St. Thomas Aquinas 11:00
4/25 St. Thomas Aquinas 2:00
4/27at Lake 5:00
4/28 Salem 4:30
4/30 at Salem 4:30
5/1 at Perry 7:00
5/4 at New Philadelphia 5:00
5/5 at Carrollton 4:30
5/7 Carrollton 4:30
5/12 West Branch 4:30
5/14 at West Branch 4:30
Old 02-23-15, 06:57 PM
All District

Quote:
This is certainly a lofty prediction based on past matchups between the underclasses of the last few years. That being said, it is always necessary to set goals. I wish you luck.
Lofty prediction? Why is it "lofty" because it came from Minerva? I know that it's an automatic to assume that Branch, South, and Marlington are the favorites but I don't understand Lep how a fifth place team that only lost two guys to graduation, split with South, lost by one run in district championship to a 20 plus win team in Dover, hired Rocky Bourquin as head coach and will have seven of the nine position players be seniors,not realistically move two spots to three. I didn't say we would win the conference or heaven forbid beat Louisville, just that it is more than feasible that we can contend for a top three position. I hope the Leps have goals as well. Good luck to ya this year.
Old 02-23-15, 08:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Lofty prediction? Why is it "lofty" because it came from Minerva? I know that it's an automatic to assume that Branch, South, and Marlington are the favorites but I don't understand Lep how a fifth place team that only lost two guys to graduation, split with South, lost by one run in district championship to a 20 plus win team in Dover, hired Rocky Bourquin as head coach and will have seven of the nine position players be seniors,not realistically move two spots to three. I didn't say we would win the conference or heaven forbid beat Louisville, just that it is more than feasible that we can contend for a top three position. I hope the Leps have goals as well. Good luck to ya this year.
Then perhaps you are correct and it is not lofty. That is great to have so many seniors back.

What does your pitching look like?
Old 02-25-15, 03:43 PM
All District

Quote:
Then perhaps you are correct and it is not lofty. That is great to have so many seniors back.

What does your pitching look like?
That's our biggest question mark Lep. We don't have kids that will toe the rubber and blow hitters away. We have to work both sides of the plate, keep walks to a minimum and make hitters put it in play. If we can just make the routine play Lep more times than not, I think we will leave ourselves with a chance.
Old 02-26-15, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
That's our biggest question mark Lep. We don't have kids that will toe the rubber and blow hitters away. We have to work both sides of the plate, keep walks to a minimum and make hitters put it in play. If we can just make the routine play Lep more times than not, I think we will leave ourselves with a chance.
You describe really what ALL teams have to do to be competitive. Blowing hitters away stops somewhere around the 12-13 yr. old timeframe when the hitters get much better.

If you guys can find some consistency in the rotation, that will be the key. Again, that is what most teams are looking for. Yes, it is great to have a #1 pitcher that can go out and throw a goose egg up on the board for you with 10Ks, but if that same kid can just as likely go out and not throw strikes, leave his pitches up and get smoked- it really becomes a wash (or worse). I'll take the kid that goes out and works, gives you 5+ solid innings every game, gives up a run or two and does it every time he is on the mound vs. the crap shoot of the other guy. If you can find a couple of these guys, you will be in luck.

It is sounding like the NBC might be a very entertaining league this year. There is some good talent there. A month to go before action commences. Let's hope the weather cooperates.

I would love to hear from the CS, Marlington, WB, Alliance, etc. posters on how their seasons look.
Old 02-27-15, 04:43 PM
Junior Varsity

South will be VERY hard to beat with the two D1 bats in their line up and the other kids that are going to play college baseball next year as well. Murderes row when it comes to their line up. Going to take some good pitching to get outs against them.

Branch can swing some wood too! Going to be interesting to see what surfaces.

We will see if good pitching can beat good hitting in the league this year. Throw strikes get outs or is it throw strikes and say hello to my little friend as it sails out of the ballpark?
Old 02-28-15, 10:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
South will be VERY hard to beat with the two D1 bats in their line up and the other kids that are going to play college baseball next year as well. Murderes row when it comes to their line up. Going to take some good pitching to get outs against them.

Branch can swing some wood too! Going to be interesting to see what surfaces.

We will see if good pitching can beat good hitting in the league this year. Throw strikes get outs or is it throw strikes and say hello to my little friend as it sails out of the ballpark?
I am sure CS will be ready to go and look forward to the matchup. You mention 2 D1 bats. I know Wilson already committed. Who else is getting legitimate looks from D1?
Old 03-01-15, 06:20 AM
Junior Varsity

The catcher Thomson is going to UNC Charlotte 49'ers
Old 03-04-15, 09:08 AM
All Ohio

Scrimmages starting up in the next couple weeks for many schools. With the weather this year, I wonder how many games we will lose?