Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-09-19, 09:09 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
What becomes of PTC county

Now that Crestwood has voted to leave, what will the remaining schools do. I would approach Windham again as Crestwood was the largest school. Maybe Waterloo but they are playing Crestwood this year ( go figure). Maybe try to get some nearby MVAC schools to join.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-19, 10:03 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
The only sport the county could survive in as is is probably football.

Wrestling now only 4 schools have it.

There was rumor that the remaining schools may look to join a league all together like the MVAC.
Old 07-09-19, 10:17 PM
All American

Jmog even football is a stretch because of Lake Center no team. So you have basically a 5 team league, 4 league games...Mogadore had trouble getting schools to play them now. Adding 6 non league games is going to be a nightmare I think.
Old 07-09-19, 11:04 PM
All American

Stizostedion
The PAC has contacted Mogadore and Rootstown.
Old 07-10-19, 05:24 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
The PAC has contacted Mogadore and Rootstown.
That would be good for other sports but tough for football. The PAC has 7 full schools but 8 for football (Loudonville). Adding Rootstown and Mogadore would make 10 football teams which would mean 9 league games. 9 league games is terrible for Harbin Pts which is why the MAC stopped playing every team in the league a few years back. They now rotate who they play every 2 years.

If they do this they would have to do similar. 8 league games where there is 1 team you donít play each year.
Old 07-10-19, 09:30 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
That would be good for other sports but tough for football. The PAC has 7 full schools but 8 for football (Loudonville). Adding Rootstown and Mogadore would make 10 football teams which would mean 9 league games. 9 league games is terrible for Harbin Pts which is why the MAC stopped playing every team in the league a few years back. They now rotate who they play every 2 years.

If they do this they would have to do similar. 8 league games where there is 1 team you donít play each year.
That is what I thought too. My guess is that they will go to the rotating schedule if that is the case and both schools are accepted. The other thing to consider is that CVCA is looking to get out of the league. That will likely happen within the next two years. When it happens then it may be more manageable.
Old 07-10-19, 10:50 AM
All Ohio

Mr. Red Raider is on a distinguished road
I know this has nothing to do with the PTC, but where would CVCA go once they inevitably leave the PAC? Could they potentially join whatever the PTC Metro is now, even though they're not a public school? It would make sense from a travel standpoint.

Here's how I see the rest of the County breaking down since Crestwood left for the CVC. I can see Lake Center going independent OR joining the Metro for baseball and/or football (very doubtful).

The only other conference I could see Valley Christian going to would be the NEAC, but the only problem is that only there will only be four member schools that play football once Newbury closes after next year (Windham, Pymatuning Valley, Mathews and Chalker). Therefore, it would make sense for those four schools to join up with the other County programs for a theoretical 2020 makeup of:

Mogadore
Southeast
Rootstown
Garfield
Valley Christian
Windham
Pymatuning Valley
Chalker
Mathews

From a football standpoint, this makes a lot of sense because all of these schools are Division VI/VII, save for Garfield and Southeast (both Division V).

If you add in the other five non-football members (Badger, Maplewood, Bristol, Lordstown, Bloomfield), and merge the NEAC and County Divisions (if Lake Center goes independent), you could have two divisions of seven teams for other sports and form an all-new conference. The travel isn't 100% ideal, with Badger and Pymatuning Valley being mere miles from the PA border, leading up to trips of close to an hour, but I think that may be their best bet.

Last edited by Mr. Red Raider; 07-10-19 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-10-19, 11:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Red Raider View Post
I know this has nothing to do with the PTC, but where would CVCA go once they inevitably leave the PAC? Could they potentially join whatever the PTC Metro is now, even though they're not a public school? It would make sense from a travel standpoint.

Here's how I see the rest of the County breaking down since Crestwood left for the CVC. I can see Lake Center going independent OR joining the Metro for baseball and/or football (very doubtful).

The only other conference I could see Valley Christian going to would be the NEAC, but the only problem is that only there will only be four member schools that play football once Newbury closes after next year (Windham, Pymatuning Valley, Mathews and Chalker). Therefore, it would make sense for those four schools to join up with the other County programs for a theoretical 2020 makeup of:

Mogadore
Southeast
Rootstown
Garfield
Valley Christian
Windham
Pymatuning Valley
Chalker
Mathews

From a football standpoint, this makes a lot of sense because all of these schools are Division VI/VII, save for Garfield and Southeast (both Division V).

If you add in the other five non-football members (Badger, Maplewood, Bristol, Lordstown, Bloomfield), and merge the NEAC and County Divisions (if Lake Center goes independent), you could have two divisions of seven teams for other sports and form an all-new conference. The travel isn't 100% ideal, with Badger and Pymatuning Valley being mere miles from the PA border, leading up to trips of close to an hour, but I think that may be their best bet.
Except the 4 County schools would own football and get few computer points from the others. And Bloomfield Meepo really adds no sporting chance.
Old 07-10-19, 11:51 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
We talked a bit in the MVAC thread about this. I think the 4 portage county schools would be great additions to the MVAC, but the biggest obstacle is there is no seamless transition available. Starting next year MVAC will have tiers/divisions of 8 and 7. The easiest solution is they could just be brought in like the AAC Blue teams were and form their own Portage county tier. Nothing would really change for them in football but they’d benefit from the smaller sports that not everyone offers and league meets.

Another possibility is if a current MVAC school left they could just run 2 9 team tiers
Old 07-10-19, 11:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat71 View Post
Except the 4 County schools would own football and get few computer points from the others. And Bloomfield Meepo really adds no sporting chance.
It would be same for wrestling. The only team of note in that group that is not from the PTC is Pymatuning Valley, but they are typically between 1-3 studs but only have 8 total on the team so they have no shot as a team against Mogadore, Rootstown, SE, or Garfield.

They had 9 total on the team (to fill 14 weight classes) at the state/regional dual tournament last year and the same 9 entered sectionals. They finished behind Garfield as a team at the sectional tournament and the only team in the county that finished behind Garfield at the PTC was SE.
Old 07-10-19, 12:01 PM
#BleedBlack&Gold

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Red Raider View Post

Mogadore
Southeast
Rootstown
Garfield
Valley Christian
Windham
Pymatuning Valley
Chalker
Mathews

Fairport joins the NAC after this year and they have football.
Old 07-10-19, 02:33 PM
All Ohio

Mathews99
This is just creating one big lottery in a sense. With the PTC - County, the MVAC-AAC Blue merger, and the NAC....

Garfield, Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, and Valley Christian from the PTC-County....

Jackson-Milton, Lowellville, McDonald, Mineral Ridge, Sebring, Springfield, Waterloo, Western Reserve from the MVAC...

Brookfield, Campbell, Champion, Crestview, LaBrae, Liberty, Newton Falls, Struthers from the AAC Blue...

Fairport, Mathews, Pymatuning Valley, Southington, Windham from the NAC....

This will never happen, but taking all 26 schools here, based on geography I threw this mess together....

Mahoning Valley League with 2 tiers with 6 members each... which could play 2 cross-overs....
Mahoning Valley
North
1. Brookfield
2. Champion
3. LaBrae
4. Liberty
5. Lowellville
6. Pymatuning Valley

South
1. Campbell
2. Crestview
3. Sebring
4. Springfield
5. Struthers
6. Valley Christian

And a Portage Area Conference with 2 tiers with 7 members each.... and could play crossovers with the other tier....
Portage Area
East
1. Fairport
2. Mathews
3. McDonald
4. Mineral Ridge
5. Newton Falls
6. Southington
7. Windham

West
1. Garfield
2. Jackson-Milton
3. Mogadore
4. Rootstown
5. Southeast
6. Waterloo
7. Western Reserve

As I said will never happen but I like some of the potential rivalries that could be built in both arrangements....
Old 07-10-19, 02:55 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I highly doubt the NAC gets pulled into this. A school or 2 may defect there but that’s about it. One thing that needs to be noted is the MVAC and AAC Blue are staying the same lineups, just changing from AAC to MVAC. One of the killers of the itcl was constant shuffling of tiers, along with crossovers so I see a lot of resistance against any proposals that bring about that. To me the most likely scenario is the County schools joining under the MVAC umbrella like the AAC Blue schools did, having their own tier but getting the benefit of the larger conference for things like soccer, wrestling, track etc.
Old 07-10-19, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
What becomes of PTC county

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathews99 View Post
This is just creating one big lottery in a sense. With the PTC - County, the MVAC-AAC Blue merger, and the NAC....

Garfield, Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, and Valley Christian from the PTC-County....

Jackson-Milton, Lowellville, McDonald, Mineral Ridge, Sebring, Springfield, Waterloo, Western Reserve from the MVAC...

Brookfield, Campbell, Champion, Crestview, LaBrae, Liberty, Newton Falls, Struthers from the AAC Blue...

Fairport, Mathews, Pymatuning Valley, Southington, Windham from the NAC....

This will never happen, but taking all 26 schools here, based on geography I threw this mess together....

Mahoning Valley League with 2 tiers with 6 members each... which could play 2 cross-overs....
Mahoning Valley
North
1. Brookfield
2. Champion
3. LaBrae
4. Liberty
5. Lowellville
6. Pymatuning Valley

South
1. Campbell
2. Crestview
3. Sebring
4. Springfield
5. Struthers
6. Valley Christian

And a Portage Area Conference with 2 tiers with 7 members each.... and could play crossovers with the other tier....
Portage Area
East
1. Fairport
2. Mathews
3. McDonald
4. Mineral Ridge
5. Newton Falls
6. Southington
7. Windham

West
1. Garfield
2. Jackson-Milton
3. Mogadore
4. Rootstown
5. Southeast
6. Waterloo
7. Western Reserve

As I said will never happen but I like some of the potential rivalries that could be built in both arrangements....

Struthers is not in the aac blue lol and would be much too large for this. Also it looks awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-19, 04:31 PM
All Ohio

Mathews99
Well I never said it was perfect... but I was taking a geographical look at it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Struthers is not in the aac blue lol and would be much too large for this. Also it looks awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-19, 07:51 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
would the ptc county consider accepting STA now?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-19, 09:02 PM
Freshman

exraven is on a distinguished road
Why, private schools a big part of the problem.
Old 07-10-19, 09:37 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by exraven View Post
Why, private schools a big part of the problem.
How exactly are private schools a big part of the problem in this instance?
Old 07-10-19, 09:38 PM
All District

fridayfootball is on a distinguished road
PTC county is done. No chance of saving it now that Crestwood left