Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-12-18, 10:36 AM
All Ohio

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
Columbus City league

The Columbus City league North vs South preview is November 24th. It will be some good match-ups. South vs Beechcroft, Eastmoor vs Northland, just to name a few. In the city league south, Walnut Ridge is the favorite now with a transfer that left Hamilton township after football season. With Qion Magwood and VanCameron Davis, they should be tough to beat. South with Treon Watkins and Marcus Johnson will be a handful. Eastmoor after losing 100 percent of their production will rely on Julian Binford for everything. Independence has a big time presence in Ben James, while Briggs coaching staff will keep them competitive. Africentric, state runner-ups will be rebuilding but of course, will be so competitive. West and Marion Franklin will surprise people but most likely will not be threats. In the city league North, Beechcroft and Northland will battle for 1st. Centennial, will make some noise with East, Mifflin, and Linden. Whetstone with a good coaching and International, with still be bottom feeders.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-18, 11:36 AM
Junior Varsity

Snowman8 is on a distinguished road
Nice preview!
Old 11-13-18, 11:19 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachablekid View Post
The Columbus City league North vs South preview is November 24th. It will be some good match-ups. South vs Beechcroft, Eastmoor vs Northland, just to name a few. In the city league south, Walnut Ridge is the favorite now with a transfer that left Hamilton township after football season. With Qion Magwood and VanCameron Davis, they should be tough to beat. South with Treon Watkins and Marcus Johnson will be a handful. Eastmoor after losing 100 percent of their production will rely on Julian Binford for everything. Independence has a big time presence in Ben James, while Briggs coaching staff will keep them competitive. Africentric, state runner-ups will be rebuilding but of course, will be so competitive. West and Marion Franklin will surprise people but most likely will not be threats. In the city league North, Beechcroft and Northland will battle for 1st. Centennial, will make some noise with East, Mifflin, and Linden. Whetstone with a good coaching and International, with still be bottom feeders.
coachablekid,

I saw Walnut Ridge, along with Marysville, this past Saturday morning in their scrimmage at Lima Senior. I can understand why you think Walnut Ridge would be a favorite in their Division this season. They certainly have some athletes and I was very impressed with them.

Although sometimes it's very difficult to tell too much from an early season scrimmage it was evident that Walnut Ridge has some real talent. Be interesting to see how these players jell as a team during the season. I wasn't able to see the entire scrimmage on Saturday, but from what I saw of Walnut Ridge , I think they should have a very successful year.

JB
Old 11-14-18, 01:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
coachablekid,

I saw Walnut Ridge, along with Marysville, this past Saturday morning in their scrimmage at Lima Senior. I can understand why you think Walnut Ridge would be a favorite in their Division this season. They certainly have some athletes and I was very impressed with them.

Although sometimes it's very difficult to tell too much from an early season scrimmage it was evident that Walnut Ridge has some real talent. Be interesting to see how these players jell as a team during the season. I wasn't able to see the entire scrimmage on Saturday, but from what I saw of Walnut Ridge , I think they should have a very successful year.

JB

They have a stellar junior class and can go 9 or 10 deep.
Old 11-21-18, 12:17 AM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Good report... Do many of the top city league basketball players play football or baseball ?
Old 11-26-18, 12:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
Good report... Do many of the top city league basketball players play football or baseball ?
Most of them play football, a very few play baseball.
Old 11-26-18, 12:37 PM
All Ohio

After watching the preview, the city league south will be a tough conference. From top to bottom, it is a good league. The city league north will be ok. In the south, Walnut Ridge will be the favorite followed by South, EA, Afro, Independence and Briggs. Nobody in this league will be undefeated this year. 2 loss minimum.
Old 12-04-18, 03:57 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
I think tennis may have better participation out of the top hoopers than track/field and baseball put together. Some kids actually really like the activity, and a bunch of others do it just to help the coach (usually someone who is on the basketball or football staff) round out the numbers.

One year, I played an Africentric basketball player in my feed-in game for OHSAA tennis sectionals. We both had a lot of fun!
Old 12-10-18, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

During the 1st couple weeks, Walnut Ridge and South high are the two best teams in the city league south. South has beat up on Dayton Ponitz and Hartley while Walnut Ridge has beat Campbell, KY Bishop Watterson, and Olentangy Orange. The two teams square off this Tuesday. Northland has look good in their 1st two games. Centennial will be the surprised team this year in the city league North. Briggs, Eastmoor, Independence, West, and MF took L's to quality teams. Beechcroft took their talents out of state doing ok and the rest of the city league teams, keep working!
Old 12-12-18, 03:59 PM
All Ohio

Walnut Ridge versus South was an epic game! Took an overtime for South to win 78 to 74