Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-18, 01:35 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
You know what would be a classy move? What if VASJ hired Babe as the Director of Advancement and allowed him to run an event that capitalizes on all the historical success of the school so that it may raise money to help send the school into a new era of success with even greater facilities? Wait a minute, this happened already didn't it? Why don't they just use the money raised from that event to help renovate the athletic facilities?
For the 30th time, the original HOC event was never intended to be a fund raiser. It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's still not true. The original scope and purpose of that event was to establish the Hall of Champions and set the HOC up for future inductees, a long over due honoring of these men and teams, and to engage alumni for future fund raising efforts.
Old 11-05-18, 05:33 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
For the 30th time, the original HOC event was never intended to be a fund raiser. It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's still not true. The original scope and purpose of that event was to establish the Hall of Champions and set the HOC up for future inductees, a long over due honoring of these men and teams, and to engage alumni for future fund raising efforts.
Interesting that an event that charged $100/plate with $1000 to $10,000 table donations was not in the scope of the current fundraising. I had no idea that they brought back the most notable local and national celebrities to graduate from the school for an event designed to break even.

I have to say, I am impressed. If you are so sure of that then allow me to purchase a table at the next Hall of Champions Banquet. When exactly is it again? I'd like a table of 8. I'm going to bring Coach Redding, Mr. Carson, Mr. McClain, Coach Woj, myself, and my business partner Mr. Abe Froman. I'll just hold on to two tickets because it will only be a matter of time before a couple more guys get dagger to the back.
Old 11-06-18, 01:36 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Interesting that an event that charged $100/plate with $1000 to $10,000 table donations was not in the scope of the current fundraising. I had no idea that they brought back the most notable local and national celebrities to graduate from the school for an event designed to break even.

I have to say, I am impressed. If you are so sure of that then allow me to purchase a table at the next Hall of Champions Banquet. When exactly is it again? I'd like a table of 8. I'm going to bring Coach Redding, Mr. Carson, Mr. McClain, Coach Woj, myself, and my business partner Mr. Abe Froman. I'll just hold on to two tickets because it will only be a matter of time before a couple more guys get dagger to the back.
You continue to say the event didn't raise any money yet as you note, it was $100 for table seats and $50 for bleacher seats and there were probably 400 or 500 people in the room and there were some donations. By memory the HOC event probably made about $50K that night. I did not say the event didn't make any money but it was never intended to raise major capital improvement money, all in one night.
Old 11-06-18, 08:26 AM
All District

Who is the Assistant Head Coach at VASJ? Does anyone know?
Old 11-06-18, 11:08 AM
All District

Quote:
Who is the Assistant Head Coach at VASJ? Does anyone know?
Bball216 have you heard who is 2nd in command down on 185th and Lakeshore? Sounds like we might have both basketball programs led by interim coaches this winter.
Old 11-06-18, 12:51 PM
All District

Moment of Levity

Not basketball related, but, I had a friend over last night after a quick Shvitz, and we watched one of my old favorites, Hard to Kill. During the movie, prior to an encounter with segal, a bad guy reads an inscription that segal has masterfully left on a toilet seat that says ďanticipation of death is worse than death itself.Ē Segal then proceeds to take care of business.
Old 11-07-18, 08:42 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was at open house tonight and I hate to break your heart Arc but Babe will be on the sidelines. I know this will upset you. You sure take a lot of interest in VASJ for not caring.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 11-07-18, 10:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I was at open house tonight and I hate to break your heart Arc but Babe will be on the sidelines. I know this will upset you. You sure take a lot of interest in VASJ for not caring.

Was Babe still wearing the same suit he wore to the meeting earlier in the day when Csank and Cervenik caved again and didnít fire hm?

Was Tony Redding there walking around clutching his lower lumbar from where the dagger pierced him?
Old 11-12-18, 05:43 PM
All District

StowInTheKnow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Wow Arc, your still hanging around, thanks for keeping it classy as always. Yes I heard the news about Coach Redding. The school post I saw didn't say anything about being squeezed out, just that he resigned. Tony is a good man and will be missed terribly on the girls basketball side. The good news is that he is still teaching in the school, which I am thankful for because he is an excellent teacher and role model to students.

For those that aren't Vikings and don't know who Tony is, besides being head girls basketball coach and 18 year teacher, he is a St Joe 89 grad, an All Ohio player in the late 80's, and was a standout at I believe Ball State. Additionally, Tony was a key assistant coach for the Vikings during the Wojo era on the 4 state final teams in the mid 2000's.
So Babe forced him out. Threatened the AD to turn Tony in for violations if they didnít fire him. Babe continue to show who he really is.
Old 11-12-18, 05:54 PM
Freshman

conspiritor is on a distinguished road
?????

Why is it that you VASJ people are always at each others throats?
Old 11-12-18, 06:17 PM
All World

We actually are not. VASJ supporters get along very well and we support the kids and school. There is a small group of people who had a falling out with the current head coach and go whatever they can to embarrass him or make him look bad - true or not. If they truly cared about the school and kids they would not post such negative and disparaging words. They did not get the coach fired like they wished and their friend had to leave and coach elsewhere. Ever since then they have turned on the school in an attempt to correct some kind of injustice they feel they suffered. It's actually been pretty pathetic.
Old 11-12-18, 06:21 PM
All District

StowInTheKnow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We actually are not. VASJ supporters get along very well and we support the kids and school. There is a small group of people who had a falling out with the current head coach and go whatever they can to embarrass him or make him look bad - true or not. If they truly cared about the school and kids they would not post such negative and disparaging words. They did not get the coach fired like they wished and their friend had to leave and coach elsewhere. Ever since then they have turned on the school in an attempt to correct some kind of injustice they feel they suffered. It's actually been pretty pathetic.
So Bball216 do you dispute the BS Babe pulled to get Tony fired ?
Old 11-12-18, 11:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StowInTheKnow View Post
So Babe forced him out. Threatened the AD to turn Tony in for violations if they didnít fire him. Babe continue to show who he really is.
Not true.
Old 11-13-18, 08:56 AM
All District

Mug, if you are disputing the facts of the Coach Redding resignation you must be saying that Coach Redding is the kind of guy that would walk away from a program with less than 2 weeks to start the season? Is that the case?

Are we calling the most recent episode regarding the boys basketball coach a "leave of absence" this time? Or was it a "suspension?" The reality here is the guys that you vilify are really only pointing out the obvious to everyone inside and outside the school.

What is ironic to me is that the coaches that you guys have made the bad guys like my guy, Chet Mason at Brush and Sonny Johnson at Garfield have never been suspended even once, much less 3 times. Even Bball216’s railroading against Coach Rotsky over on the football forums for being an egomaniac that can’t beat any of the good teams on his schedule slides squarely in the peg of the ironic given his defense of VASJ’s coach. Furthermore, is it ironic that a guy that fashions himself a leader cannot follow the orders of his superiors when he is clearly the subordinate?
Old 11-13-18, 11:52 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Mug, if you are disputing the facts of the Coach Redding resignation you must be saying that Coach Redding is the kind of guy that would walk away from a program with less than 2 weeks to start the season? Is that the case?

Are we calling the most recent episode regarding the boys basketball coach a "leave of absence" this time? Or was it a "suspension?" The reality here is the guys that you vilify are really only pointing out the obvious to everyone inside and outside the school.

What is ironic to me is that the coaches that you guys have made the bad guys like my guy, Chet Mason at Brush and Sonny Johnson at Garfield have never been suspended even once, much less 3 times. Even Bball216’s railroading against Coach Rotsky over on the football forums for being an egomaniac that can’t beat any of the good teams on his schedule slides squarely in the peg of the ironic given his defense of VASJ’s coach. Furthermore, is it ironic that a guy that fashions himself a leader cannot follow the orders of his superiors when he is clearly the subordinate?
Please stop using Tony Redding and his situation to push your agenda. He is too good of a man for that and that is low, even for you and your little friends. Grow up.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 11-13-18 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-13-18, 08:09 PM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
So telling the truth

Bball216ís railroading against Coach Rotsky over on the football forums for being an egomaniac"

is in your definition world railroading? Wow!
Old 11-13-18, 08:47 PM
All Ohio

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Babe coaches Varsity Boys/Tony coaches Varsity Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by StowInTheKnow View Post
What happened that these two crossed paths and had issues? Two different programs with no crossover issues like between a varsity/ jv coach for example.I need some backround info to support this theory.(Twilight Zone with Rod Serling)
Old 12-02-18, 02:05 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Vikings lose to Pickerington North by the score of 89-58. Not shocking in my eyes and could see some growing pains early on with finding the replacement for Jerry Higgins in the long run. Definitely could tell they sorely missed him on the court. Onto Cleveland Hts next Thursday at The Palace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-18, 07:33 AM
All World

That is why they play the schedule they do. It does not help that starting PG Jordan Calhoun is out either. The team will take some lumps but should be tournament ready come seasons end. This team reminds me of the 2016 team. They need to find themselves and work on chemistry- but will be fine in the long run.
Old 12-06-18, 01:26 AM
All American

What can we expect tomorrow night? Will Calhoun play?
And also Iím probably in the minority, but they need to cut it out with the intro video, I get it appeals to the kids but itís really unnecessary. It just makes us seem a bit showboatish and itís embarrassing when the speakers and screen donít cooperate. Thatís my complaint for the year. Hopefully we are in for a good one against Cleveland Hts tomorrow.

Old 12-06-18, 03:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
What can we expect tomorrow night? Will Calhoun play?
And also Iím probably in the minority, but they need to cut it out with the intro video, I get it appeals to the kids but itís really unnecessary. It just makes us seem a bit showboatish and itís embarrassing when the speakers and screen donít cooperate. Thatís my complaint for the year. Hopefully we are in for a good one against Cleveland Hts tomorrow.

It's worse if they go out and get rolled.The talent level is not on par with the teams that inspired that video.At least for now.
Old 12-06-18, 05:23 PM
Varsity

Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
No idea what the video is, but the kids like cool stuff like this. Remember it's not the 1970's anymore. It's designed to make it an environment that youth wants to be a part of. Not to make aging alumni happy.
Old 12-06-18, 06:41 PM
All Ohio

The video is a montage of the players,highlight plays and youthful attitude which was enjoyable a few years ago.They need to change it up a little.Something that will inspire everyone.When the video and sound are off it doesn't deliver the intended effect. Im all for student pride and fan support.
Old 12-06-18, 09:00 PM
Varsity

Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
The video is a montage of the players,highlight plays and youthful attitude which was enjoyable a few years ago.They need to change it up a little.Something that will inspire everyone.When the video and sound are off it doesn't deliver the intended effect. Im all for student pride and fan support.
Got it! Makes sense.
Old 12-06-18, 09:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post

It was basically the same montage as last year except with new music. They actually got it to work right on the first try lol

Old 12-06-18, 10:48 PM
All World

Team is better then people think. They really only lost Higgins. That is a big loss and its amplified with the injury to Calhoun. Once he comes back the Vikings will have 3 solid ballhandlers. They might take some knocks but the kids play hard and are well coached.

Solid win over a very talented Cleveland Heights team tonight. I happen to think VASJ played pretty sloppy at times and that the game should not have been that close. There are some things to clean up but they beat a pretty physical team. I did not care for the antics of #1 for Heights. He was trash talking the whole game and doing things that really have no place in a basketball game. He was fouled late in the game and before he shot his foul shots he backed up to mid court and spit on the Viking logo and wiped his shoes on the logo to get the dust off. It was karma that the winning shot was hit over him and he ended the game sulking on the bench before running to the locker room without shaking hands. He is pretty classless. Other then that it was a very enjoyable game.

Old 12-07-18, 05:59 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Team is better then people think. They really only lost Higgins. That is a big loss and its amplified with the injury to Calhoun. Once he comes back the Vikings will have 3 solid ballhandlers. They might take some knocks but the kids play hard and are well coached.

Solid win over a very talented Cleveland Heights team tonight. I happen to think VASJ played pretty sloppy at times and that the game should not have been that close. There are some things to clean up but they beat a pretty physical team. I did not care for the antics of #1 for Heights. He was trash talking the whole game and doing things that really have no place in a basketball game. He was fouled late in the game and before he shot his foul shots he backed up to mid court and spit on the Viking logo and wiped his shoes on the logo to get the dust off. It was karma that the winning shot was hit over him and he ended the game sulking on the bench before running to the locker room without shaking hands. He is pretty classless. Other then that it was a very enjoyable game.

Where the hell was the coach of Heights to discipline the little baby boy?
Old 12-07-18, 07:10 AM
All World

Where you there and did you see the incident? The kid was a classless showboat. His interactions with the student section is a small example with the throat slashing sign etc. Karma is funny. The Vikings have many things to clean up and they desperately need Calhoun back and Jayden healthy - but a good win just the same. Jason Priah needs to keep his emotions in check as well. He is a huge asset but he does things at times that hurt the team. They need his hustle and energy but it has to be positive hustle and energy. This Viking team is scrappy.

Old 12-07-18, 08:49 AM
All District

Well, they say a team will take on the personality of its coach and no one is more resilient or scrappy than Babe. Heck, he’s been suspended at least two times and keeps fighting back. Speaking of suspensions, was VASJ missing one of their assistant coaches last night?
Old 12-07-18, 10:42 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Where you there and did you see the incident? The kid was a classless showboat. His interactions with the student section is a small example with the throat slashing sign etc. Karma is funny. The Vikings have many things to clean up and they desperately need Calhoun back and Jayden healthy - but a good win just the same. Jason Priah needs to keep his emotions in check as well. He is a huge asset but he does things at times that hurt the team. They need his hustle and energy but it has to be positive hustle and energy. This Viking team is scrappy.

I wasn't able to attend the game.Sounds like way over the top .