Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-18, 10:09 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,818
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Basketball 2018/19

Here is the schedule for 2018/19 VASJ Vikings
*=NCL game, #=scrimmage, %=Tournament Draw, $ Playoffs
all JV games start at 5:30pm if Varsity starts at 7pm. Unless Varsity start is 7:30pm, JV starts at 6pm. Select games are Frosh/JV/Varsity triple header

# 11/15 vs. Elyria Catholic 4pm @ VASJ
# 11/17 @ Canton McKinley TBA @ Canton Memorial Fieldhouse
# 11/20 @ Canton GlenOak TBA @ GlenOak HS
# 11/24 @ Massillon Jackson TBA @ Jackson HS
12/1 @ All Ohio HS Hoops Shootout vs Pick. North 9pm @ Pickerington North HS L 89-58
12/6 vs. Cleveland Hts. 7pm @ VASJ W 54-53
* 12/14 vs. Archbishop Hoban 7pm @ VASJ
* 12/21 @ Cleveland Central Catholic 7pm @ St.Stan Social Center
12/27 vs. Bentonville West (AR) 7pm @ Neosho Holiday Tournament @ Neosho, MO
12/28 @ Neosho Holiday Tournament vs TBA @ Neosho, MO
12/29 @ Neosho Holiday Tournament vs TBA @ Neosho, MO
* 1/4 @ Walsh Jesuit 7pm @ Walsh Jesuit
* 1/5 vs. Warren JFK 7:30pm @ VASJ
1/8 @ Cornerstone Christian 7:30pm @ CCA
* 1/11 vs. Benedictine 7pm @ VASJ
* 1/18 vs. Gilmour Academy 7pm @ VASJ
1/21 vs. St.Ignatius 7pm @ VASJ
* 1/25 @ Archbishop Hoban 7:30pm @ Hoban
* 2/1 vs. Cleveland Central Catholic 7pm @ VASJ
* 2/8 vs. Padua Franciscan 7pm @ VASJ
2/9 @ Euclid 7pm @ Doc Daugherty Gymnasium
% 2/10 OHSAA Tournament Draw
* 2/15 @ Benedictine 7pm @ Benedictine
2/18 vs. Mentor 7pm @ VASJ -Senior Night
2/19 @ St.Vincent-St.Mary 7pm @ LeBron James Arena
2/21 @ St.Edward 7pm @ The Eagles Nest
* 2/22 @ St.Thomas Aquinas 7pm @ The Dungeon
$ 2/18-3/2 Ashtabula Sectional Tournament @ VASJ/TBA
$ 3/4-3/9 Ashtabula District Tournament @ Ashtabula Lakeside HS
$ 3/11-3/16 Canton Regional Tournament @ Canton Civic Center
$ 3/21-3/23 OHSAA Division II State Tournament @ Value City Arena

*Note all games are subject to change, schedule from vasjvikings.com and tournament dates from OHSAA.com

Last edited by C'Town216; 12-12-18 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-09-18, 10:22 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,818
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Basketball 2018/19

From my observations for this years schedule, it is one of the toughest in the state, and the gauntlet to end the season will be brutal, as St.Joes plays 4 games in 5 days starting with Mentor at The Palace and hitting SR 8 south to St.V for a back to back with having a day off in between before headed back on the road the next day down Rt 2 West to St.Ed's and then finishing out with Aquinas in Louisville the next night. What a brutal stretch to finish the year but will be a good test come playoff time.

Regarding playoffs, based off of the tournament history and pending where the NEDB places them, we possibly will not see Benedictine or CCC until Canton as in the past they have played out of Stow-Munroe Falls District as our toughest opponent would likely end up being against Lake Catholic if both teams reach the Lakeside District Final. Also it is good to see Iggy back on the schedule this year after 3 year hiatus as well.

My big surprise is not playing Euclid until February instead of one of the first games of the year. Another is Lake Catholic not being on the schedule although it is up to the NCL now since all NCL games division play and crossover are now counted towards the NCL record. One more is the mount of scrimmages that are scheduled going down to Stark County to scrimmage some of the Federal League schools which is also a good test. Especially against McKinley and Jackson who should be on top of the D-I power rankings this year.

Last edited by C'Town216; 10-09-18 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-18, 10:26 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 136
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
From my observations for this years schedule, it is one of the toughest in the state, and the gauntlet to end the season will be brutal, as St.Joes plays 4 games in 5 days starting with Mentor at The Palace and hitting SR 8 south to St.V for a back to back with having a day off in between before headed back on the road the next day down Rt 2 West to St.Ed's and then finishing out with Aquinas in Louisville the next night. What a brutal stretch to finish the year but will be a good test come playoff time.

Regarding playoffs, based off of the tournament history and pending where the NEDB places them, we possibly will not see Benedictine or CCC until Canton as in the past they have played out of Stow-Munroe Falls District as our toughest opponent would likely end up being against Lake Catholic if both teams reach the Lakeside District Final. Also it is good to see Iggy back on the schedule this year after 3 year hiatus as well.

My big surprise is not playing Euclid until February instead of one of the first games of the year. Another is Lake Catholic not being on the schedule although it is up to the NCL now since all NCL games division play and crossover are now counted towards the NCL record. One more is the mount of scrimmages that are scheduled going down to Stark County to scrimmage some of the Federal League schools which is also a good test. Especially against McKinley and Jackson who should be on top of the D-I power rankings this year.
When a military man with a D1 basketball background is calling the shots you have to embrace a schedule like this. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Like every year in the Village, it is about March so playing a schedule like this should prepare them for that again. I'm not surprised by moving the Euclid game into the season. The Vikings will be young and I am sure they want to be prepared for their cross-town rival. Playing Ignatius again is interesting since I know certain members of the program stated they would never play Iggy again after the way the school treated Sean O'Toole. I wonder who called the shot on that one?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-18, 03:45 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,780
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
VASJ is not as young as many think. They however have to replace an incredible leader in Gene Higgins. The Vikings return pretty much every other player who contributed and the two exceptional freshmen are now sophomores with another season of high level AAU under their belts. I expect a lot from the bigs. The new AD I'm sure made the schedule mostly on his own. I'm not sure it matters when Joe's plays Euclid. Both squads should be very good right out of the gate this year. As usual the schedule is brutal with a ridiculous gauntlet of games to end the season. With SVSM in D1 the Vikings have a tough road but legit shot to reach states this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-18, 10:15 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 136
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
VASJ is not as young as many think. They however have to replace an incredible leader in Gene Higgins. The Vikings return pretty much every other player who contributed and the two exceptional freshmen are now sophomores with another season of high level AAU under their belts. I expect a lot from the bigs. The new AD I'm sure made the schedule mostly on his own. I'm not sure it matters when Joe's plays Euclid. Both squads should be very good right out of the gate this year. As usual the schedule is brutal with a ridiculous gauntlet of games to end the season. With SVSM in D1 the Vikings have a tough road but legit shot to reach states this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Happy to hear the young big guys had a great AAU season. It is so important to have a good spring/summer in AAU. I remember how important it was for the young man that went to The Citadel last year, Higgins, to use his AAU experience to gain that scholarship offer to a D1 school.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-18, 11:52 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,780
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
The bigs are not young they are both Seniors. Last year Joe's had two talented Freshmen backing up Higgins. Having them both play high level AAU just gives them more valuable court time and that will help with the expanded role they will have this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-20-18, 10:32 AM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 789
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Happy to hear the young big guys had a great AAU season. It is so important to have a good spring/summer in AAU. I remember how important it was for the young man that went to The Citadel last year, Higgins, to use his AAU experience to gain that scholarship offer to a D1 school.
Higgins didn't use AAU experience to get the Citadel or West Point offers. He was evaluated on his body of work including a 4.0 GPA, leadership, kindness, 4 years of playoff experience, and 2 state titles.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-20-18, 06:51 PM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 3,120
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Mugs and the Vikings this season.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-21-18, 01:29 AM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 789
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Good luck to Mugs and the Vikings this season.
Thanks lchsman! Good luck to you and the Cougars. We will hopefully see each other in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-18, 08:07 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 136
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
I don't know Mug. I'm not liking hearing the news out of VASJ that long time and respected Viking Tony Redding was squeezed out of his position as the girls basketball coach. It makes me wonder what exactly happened? I wonder if you could shed some light on it?

For a coach to resign with a week to go before the season just doesn't make sense. One has to wonder why Coach Redding didn't just take a "leave of absence" and let this event blow over in order to remain with the program. I'm sure that Coach Redding didn't berate and rip his administration, run an event to raise money and then show no profit from it, schedule practices versus adult rec league teams in-season, or lose 7 transfers from his program in one season because history has shown us that those things aren't enough for someone to loser their job.

If something wasn't right I'm sure glad the new AD is cleaning things up down there with his subordinates. Is it possible that Coach Redding was going to order polo shirts for the staff and didn't get the proper approval to do so? Anyhow, the facility upgrades planned are awfully exciting and the new turf field going in is going to be an absolute jewel on the corner of 185th and Lakeshore.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-31-18, 03:54 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 789
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
I don't know Mug. I'm not liking hearing the news out of VASJ that long time and respected Viking Tony Redding was squeezed out of his position as the girls basketball coach. It makes me wonder what exactly happened? I wonder if you could shed some light on it?

For a coach to resign with a week to go before the season just doesn't make sense. One has to wonder why Coach Redding didn't just take a "leave of absence" and let this event blow over in order to remain with the program. I'm sure that Coach Redding didn't berate and rip his administration, run an event to raise money and then show no profit from it, schedule practices versus adult rec league teams in-season, or lose 7 transfers from his program in one season because history has shown us that those things aren't enough for someone to loser their job.

If something wasn't right I'm sure glad the new AD is cleaning things up down there with his subordinates. Is it possible that Coach Redding was going to order polo shirts for the staff and didn't get the proper approval to do so? Anyhow, the facility upgrades planned are awfully exciting and the new turf field going in is going to be an absolute jewel on the corner of 185th and Lakeshore.
Wow Arc, your still hanging around, thanks for keeping it classy as always. Yes I heard the news about Coach Redding. The school post I saw didn't say anything about being squeezed out, just that he resigned. Tony is a good man and will be missed terribly on the girls basketball side. The good news is that he is still teaching in the school, which I am thankful for because he is an excellent teacher and role model to students.

For those that aren't Vikings and don't know who Tony is, besides being head girls basketball coach and 18 year teacher, he is a St Joe 89 grad, an All Ohio player in the late 80's, and was a standout at I believe Ball State. Additionally, Tony was a key assistant coach for the Vikings during the Wojo era on the 4 state final teams in the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-18, 01:23 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,780
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mug you can't expect Arc to keep anything classy - it's not in his DNA. My daughter was looking forward to playing for Coach Redding. He is a good man and is a great role model. He was one of my sons favorite teachers. I did not hear of him being squeezed out. I do know several coaches have poor feelings about the new AD. That being part of the reason would only be speculation at this point. I just wish Joe's could find a solid AD because the previous and current have been pretty poor.

Last edited by Bball216; 11-01-18 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-01-18, 07:42 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 136
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
I agree with you guys that Coach Redding is an excellent role model and a valued member of the faculty at VASJ. He has been involved with the school pretty much since he arrived on the campus in 1986. Heck, his jersey even hangs in the rafters and has been retired as much for his playing accomplishments as his character and service for the school and the community. In fact, when he turned down the boys basketball job so that the school could hire Babe Kwasniak it was one of the most humble things I had ever heard of. I just hope this isn't an et' tu, Brute situation.

All these things make it hard for me to understand why a man like this would just walk away from a program with a week to go to season's start? It doesn't add up. I've heard several things but I don't want to listen to hearsay and rumor. That is why I came to you, MUG, because you have direct access to the boys basketball coach and he can tell you exactly what happened. I'm sure that story will have all the tight spin on it of a Mariano Rivera cutter to it but do your best to take an honest swing at it and share the story.

One thing is for sure, this new AD is starting to get his feet under him. Sure, he had a bit of a rocky start, but he is really starting to make a positive difference. The spelling on the tweets, the hiring of Coach Woods to breathe some life into the baseball program, and the facility upgrade plans are all positive signs. I'm not sure why Bball216 pins everything on the AD....unless his buddy that shares the gym with Coach Redding is doing the same?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-01-18, 07:35 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 789
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
I agree with you guys that Coach Redding is an excellent role model and a valued member of the faculty at VASJ. He has been involved with the school pretty much since he arrived on the campus in 1986. Heck, his jersey even hangs in the rafters and has been retired as much for his playing accomplishments as his character and service for the school and the community. In fact, when he turned down the boys basketball job so that the school could hire Babe Kwasniak it was one of the most humble things I had ever heard of. I just hope this isn't an et' tu, Brute situation.
Another lie, you just can't help yourself, can you? Or are you really that misinformed? Tony Redding didn't turn down the boys job so the school could hire Kwasniak. Tony was already the girls head coach. He was offered the job but never interviewed for it, he never pursued it. He turned down the offer out of obligation to his players, the young ladies who bought into him and his program. Because that is the type of guy he is. How dare sit and lie about the guy, shameful.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-18, 08:26 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,780
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mug - you sound shocked.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-01-18, 09:30 PM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 136
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Coach Redding is by all accounts a great guy which makes it hard for me to understand why he’d walk away with one week to the season. His character has never been in question. It just doesn’t add up. I’m hoping that the story I got from a venerable former coach that is in the hall of fame is not true. I’m hoping that one of the other subordinates of the AD didn’t try some behind the scenes posturing. After all, a loyal subordinate is one who supports the leadership and stands up for other subordinates.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-01-18, 10:13 PM
bengals wrestling bengals wrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-15
Location: Brunswick
Posts: 149
bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
VASJ People,
You have to remember that Brush H.S. has never won anything of importance, EVER. So all BA1986 can do is whine.

As a Benedictine fan, I look forward to the new realignment in the NCL. Lets hope we meet in the elite 8, with the winner taking states.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-02-18, 09:20 AM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 789
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
VASJ People,
You have to remember that Brush H.S. has never won anything of importance, EVER. So all BA1986 can do is whine.

As a Benedictine fan, I look forward to the new realignment in the NCL. Lets hope we meet in the elite 8, with the winner taking states.
Thanks Bengal for the support. We are also looking forward to the realignment and the epic battles with Benedictine.

In regards to BA1986, he's a fraud and not from Brush, he's a former Viking who gets his rocks off pretending to be something he's not so he can attack a former friend (VASJ's coach) on social media. If you are thinking that is immature, BBALL and I agree 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-02-18, 10:43 AM
Unlimited Potential Unlimited Potential is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-17
Posts: 72
Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
It must be basketball season. The banter is back !
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-02-18, 10:57 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 136
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
I resent the fact that you insinuate I'm not from Brush. I'm a proud '86 grad that moonlighted a bit with the basketball program but really enjoyed my time playing for Jim Humpal on the diamond. I'm keenly aware of the proceedings down at St. Joe's because I do have the occasional bagel during the week some business partners and they are proud Vikings. But I digress, Mug and Bball, why did Coach Redding resign his position?

Ok, here is a multiple choice question:

Coach Redding resigned because______
A-Athletic Director Vance is not capable of scheduling gym time
B-Head Boys Basketball Coach Kwasniak sold him out
C-This is really just a leave of absence
D-Bball216 is already complaining about playing time

I do agree, the banter is back because basketball season is around the corner and that is a good thing. Soon teams will begin to scrimmage, although I'm told some are already in full scrimmage mode.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-02-18, 12:09 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,818
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Non banter related, VASJís 12/1 opponent has been revealed to be Pickerington Central and will be played at Pick. Central with a 9pm tip.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-03-18, 08:07 AM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 551
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Question about the Girls program

I don't know the workings of Girls bball.Is VASJ attempting to create a power program with the girls bb? Or is it a program that while it wants to win (who doesn't?) is just treading water with an offering for girls which is good for attracting some potential students and looks good on the overall VASJ resume as far as having something for everyone
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-03-18, 10:47 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,780
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure when VASJ was considered a powerhouse in lady hoops - if ever. The reason for that would be more about lack of talent then it would be Coach Red. I know they have had some talented individuals but not sure how many talented squads he has had. As for the AD at Joe's - if one coach does not like you that is one thing, when they all have an issue it's the AD. Things would be so much better at the school if they could ever find a solid AD that did not create friction with the talented coaches the school has in many of its programs. If there was a reason why Coach Red left I'm sure it will come out - it always does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-03-18, 12:39 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 551
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I'm not sure when VASJ was considered a powerhouse in lady hoops - if ever. The reason for that would be more about lack of talent then it would be Coach Red. I know they have had some talented individuals but not sure how many talented squads he has had. As for the AD at Joe's - if one coach does not like you that is one thing, when they all have an issue it's the AD. Things would be so much better at the school if they could ever find a solid AD that did not create friction with the talented coaches the school has in many of its programs. If there was a reason why Coach Red left I'm sure it will come out - it always does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Where did this AD. come from and what were his credentials? Who does he answer to and will the powers that be address this turmoil with him?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-03-18, 01:20 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,818
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Where did this AD. come from and what were his credentials? Who does he answer to and will the powers that be address this turmoil with him?


I believe he came from Euclid. Kind of why Higley and Vance donít get along. That was one of the reasons Higley screwed VASJ out of playing at the new stadium


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-03-18, 01:22 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,818
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I'm not sure when VASJ was considered a powerhouse in lady hoops - if ever. The reason for that would be more about lack of talent then it would be Coach Red. I know they have had some talented individuals but not sure how many talented squads he has had. As for the AD at Joe's - if one coach does not like you that is one thing, when they all have an issue it's the AD. Things would be so much better at the school if they could ever find a solid AD that did not create friction with the talented coaches the school has in many of its programs. If there was a reason why Coach Red left I'm sure it will come out - it always does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart


The girls b-ball program had a great run in the late 90ís and early 00ís with a state title in 99 and a state runner up in 03.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-03-18, 08:09 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 789
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
I believe he came from Euclid. Kind of why Higley and Vance donít get along. That was one of the reasons Higley screwed VASJ out of playing at the new stadium


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure this is the reason we didn't play at the new stadium. The old stadium is I believe less expensive to rent.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-03-18, 08:26 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,780
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
After many decades of playing on a beat up field at Euclid they now want twice the rent to play in the new stadium. I heard rent is $1500 a game at Sparky and they want $3000 at the new place. Euclid forgets many people who have sent or do send their kids to VASJ live in Euclid and voted YES for the project thinking the Vikings would be in the new stadium. My guess is they will have a much tougher time passing any levy moving forward.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-03-18, 10:29 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,818
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Basketball 2018/19

I agree, and I believe I saw somewhere on twitter, idk how legit, that Gilmour got a major discount to play a home night game at the new stadium just PO Vance and add to the childish petty war. And that is a huge slap to the Viking Athletic Department and to Euclid residents that send their kids to Joes IMO. Put the petty BS aside and give a fair rate! Simple as that. Use Sparky as is it was planned to be, a converted middle school only field with reduced bleacher seating. The two side bleachers next to the center grandstand are suppose to come down with the seating reduction. Just childish. And regarding the ADís I donít think we had a competent AD since Tom Schoen. Get someone with experience that knows what they are doing, someone thatís not going to be a pushover and someone that will show results in facility improvements. I mean I think we are the only school that still plays on kitchen tile despite so many legendary players playing on the tile.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by C'Town216; 11-04-18 at 12:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-05-18, 10:42 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 136
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
You know what would be a classy move? What if VASJ hired Babe as the Director of Advancement and allowed him to run an event that capitalizes on all the historical success of the school so that it may raise money to help send the school into a new era of success with even greater facilities? Wait a minute, this happened already didn't it? Why don't they just use the money raised from that event to help renovate the athletic facilities?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who would you like to see get the Canton McKinley Boys Head Basketball Position??? IUDOGS Boys Basketball 270 10-17-18 05:38 AM
VASJ Basketball 2018-19 C'Town216 Boys Basketball 40 06-26-18 11:25 AM
Karen Swanson Haan í99 to be next Head Girls Basketball Coach Yappi Girls Basketball 1 04-10-18 05:02 AM
OHSAA to Honor 6 Former Greats in Circle of Champions at Boys State Basketball Tourny Yappi Boys Basketball 0 03-20-18 11:08 AM
OHSAA Basketball and Wrestling State Tournament Tickets Go On Sale January 26 Yappi Boys Basketball 0 12-20-17 02:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz