Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-23-18, 02:22 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injunjoe View Post
It looks Carlisle’s leading returning scorer did indeed transfer out. Not listed in the article.
Shepherd transferred to Edgewood
Old 11-24-18, 03:41 AM
All American

Madison Mohawks

Season preview: Madison loaded for what could be a special year

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...K7MXqBOaBrJCO/
Old 11-24-18, 08:13 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
They have a special class
Old 11-24-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Kinda hope so. Might make for more competitive season. It looks like Milton Union is 1-23 in the league the last two years. Madison should go undefeated so anything could shake out 2 thru 7.
Berner is back as HC. Could be a building year but they look good in scrimmages.
Time will tell.
Old 11-24-18, 10:47 PM
Freshman

Hornets33 is on a distinguished road
Cool Franklin Wildcats

Went out tonight to catch some ball at Franklin and Middletown preview after sitting around for a few days. My thoughts: Franklin WILL not win a league championship this year from what I saw tonight. It will be so much fun to see them struggle. The door is open for other teams to claim it this year. On a side note, the new Middletown arena is terrific. Middletown's team is scrappy and should give fits to some teams in their league. The Wildcats did not look good at all. Franklin's claim as the swbl KING is coming to an end.
Old 11-25-18, 04:12 AM
All American

Monroe Hornets

Season preview: Monroe focusing on intangibles in quest for more wins

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...6UHQZr1fIb4pN/
Old 11-25-18, 05:30 PM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornets33 View Post
Went out tonight to catch some ball at Franklin and Middletown preview after sitting around for a few days. My thoughts: Franklin WILL not win a league championship this year from what I saw tonight. It will be so much fun to see them struggle. The door is open for other teams to claim it this year. On a side note, the new Middletown arena is terrific. Middletown's team is scrappy and should give fits to some teams in their league. The Wildcats did not look good at all. Franklin's claim as the swbl KING is coming to an end.
We will see about that!
Old 11-25-18, 09:12 PM
All Ohio

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
Swbl hoops

I saw Franklin in a quad scrimmage about a week ago. Franklin, Springfield Shawnee, Beavercreek, and Willard. They shot the Ball well that day. Beat Beavercreek one qtr, Creek has a chance to tie but didn’t score on last possession. Tied Creek 2nd qtr. Beat Shawnee and from what I saw one qtr beat Willard. When teams like Franklin are hitting 3s like they were that day they have a chance against SWBL teams. Probably hit 50% of their 3s against Beavercreek but that’s just one scrimmage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-18, 10:27 AM
Junior Varsity

jbob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornets33 View Post
I thought I would jump into this conversation I am pumped for the season as football was a disappointment and ready for hoops. Franklin has had a heck of a run (maybe best in league history)but it is over! They are too young and don't have the guys to capture their 8th in a row. Kudos to them for maintaining it after Kennard left. I think Brookville is the team to beat with Monroe and Bellbrook a close second. Franklin and Oakwood will follow. Oakwood has one of the top players in the junior class in Ruben returning for them so they will always have a chance. He was very good against us last year. Valley View and Eaton have new coaches so will be hard to tell about them. I think this is the year that the Hornets have been waiting on. Our guys have been in the heat of the battle and should be ready to get over the hump this year! Go Hornets!

Monroe shut Ruben down last year he did not play well against them. Monroes guard did really well defending him. I dont see how you think he played well against you guys. I am pretty sure he didnt score much at all. He is a great player however.

I dont see them having a shot in the league unless you know something. They don't have enough coming back that I have heard. They have no big scorers do they?
Old 11-30-18, 01:41 PM
All District

Cats6thMan is on a distinguished road
Franklin has 6 guys that could make 6 or more 3's on any given night. They will shoot 40 3's a game. End up doing it at around 40% clip!
Old 11-30-18, 06:14 PM
All American

SWBL Southwestern

SWBL SOUTHWESTERN: Franklin, Brookville share preseason No. 1

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...FpB0OF9tniRxJ/
Old 12-01-18, 05:54 AM
All American

Edgewood-Monroe

Edgewood starts strong, rolls over Monroe in opener

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...38tlUts8lIytJ/
Old 12-01-18, 06:13 AM
All American

Franklin-Brookville

Brookville gains Southwestern edge, conquers Franklin

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...McWPkllkZidBO/
Old 12-05-18, 08:14 AM
Freshman

Northridge2010 is on a distinguished road
northridge/monroe

Northridge looked great against Monroe last night. won 60-54. Twon Hines is an underrated player in the swbl and if he plays like he did last night, all year, he should be player of the year in the swbl. he poured in 35 of the 60 points. Northridge has great defense and will give anyone trouble in the league this year. have 4 of five starters back from last years squad.
Old 12-05-18, 09:54 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge2010 View Post
Northridge looked great against Monroe last night. won 60-54. Twon Hines is an underrated player in the swbl and if he plays like he did last night, all year, he should be player of the year in the swbl. he poured in 35 of the 60 points. Northridge has great defense and will give anyone trouble in the league this year. have 4 of five starters back from last years squad.
No disrespect, but Monroe is terrible. I will be surprised if they win more than a game or two all year. They only scored 29 points against an average Edgewood team last Friday. I wouldn't be basing the future of Northridge's season and post season awards off of this game. They beat the worst team in the league, both sides, by 6 points.
Old 12-05-18, 10:06 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
No disrespect, but Monroe is terrible. I will be surprised if they win more than a game or two all year. They only scored 29 points against an average Edgewood team last Friday. I wouldn't be basing the future of Northridge's season and post season awards off of this game. They beat the worst team in the league, both sides, by 6 points.
northridges starting center and key bench player from last year were also suspended for that game as well. if they played it wouldve been a better win. and i dont expect northridge to win the league. im just saying hines is underrated in the league and northridge wont be as bad as people think.
Old 12-05-18, 12:28 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Totally agree with most of this. Monroe isnt very good so don't base your season off this 6pt victory to a team that scored only 24 not 29 lol to Edgewood. However Edgewood did play Fenwick a lot better then I thought they would. I also dont think Monroe will come in last. By no means are they great but I think they are a little better than people think they will be. They have little varsity experience and will take a few games to get going. They have a point guard who is a Senior that can control the ball against pressure, they have a few solid shooters and a few big men that they havent had in a few years and the coach normally has them playing some solid defense.

Hines is a great player but I dont think he will see 35 again this year. Monroe coach had the wrong player on him. Don't get me wrong the poindexter kid can guard and play defense but he was like 3-4 inches shorter than hines and hines can jump to high for him to contest any of his shots for someone that much shorter than him. The help side defense was horrible. Give the kid credit tho he played well and knocked down his free throws. Monroe had 2 fouls on him in the first period and did a horrible job of attacking him from that point on and he made them pay for it.

The Northridge fans (some of them) were so irritating. They cried the whole game and Adults were antagonizing the kids as if they were kids themselves. Completely screaming at the refs that I thought they could get T'd up or thrown out.
Old 12-05-18, 12:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
northridges starting center and key bench player from last year were also suspended for that game as well. if they played it wouldve been a better win. and i dont expect northridge to win the league. im just saying hines is underrated in the league and northridge wont be as bad as people think.
I honestly thought Northridge would be better than that so I don't see anyone thinking they are going to be bad. They seem to have a lot back and Hines is solid. As you stated though they were missing a few players last night. I dont think anyone in the division will sweep them home/away with the exception of Madison and thats not a guarantee.
Old 12-05-18, 05:17 PM
Freshman

Injunjoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Madison’s Whisman will be the buckeye poy this year and next. Following Carlisle’s Flor the last two years.
Old 12-06-18, 07:45 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Madison’s Whisman will be the buckeye poy this year and next. Following Carlisle’s Flor the last two years.
Agreed. Best player in the division and he's on the best team. I know every team could have let down games, but I'd be surprised if anybody played Madison to less than 10 points this year in the Buckeye Division.
Old 12-06-18, 08:38 AM
Freshman

If madison has good of a basketball team as football team then i dont see them losing in the buckeye but if any team has a chance to beat them its northridge. I think northridge will finish second, third at worst. Look forward to northridge playing them with northridges full lineup on the court.
Old 12-06-18, 05:09 PM
All District

Quote:
If madison has good of a basketball team as football team then i dont see them losing in the buckeye but if any team has a chance to beat them its northridge. I think northridge will finish second, third at worst. Look forward to northridge playing them with northridges full lineup on the court.
I am not real sure on how good Waynesville will be, but I do think that Northridge may have the best chance in the Buckeye Division to beat them. I think that's a fair statement.
Old 12-09-18, 03:27 PM
All District

Quote:
What happened to Northridge on Friday night? I was surprised to see that they lost to a bad Preble Shawnee team.
Old 12-10-18, 08:23 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
What happened to Northridge on Friday night? I was surprised to see that they lost to a bad Preble Shawnee team.
Was thinking the same thing. Next game PS lost by 32. By the boxscore they lost by 12 in the 4th so had a decent lead. Only got 1 pt. from their bench the whole game.
Old 12-10-18, 08:43 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan937 View Post
what happened to northridge on friday night? I was surprised to see that they lost to a bad preble shawnee team.
i didnt go to the game but when i saw the score i was surprised as well. Maybe they arent as good as i thought. I just thought with 4 of the 5 starters coming back that they would have chemistry. I guess we will see as the season goes on.
Old 12-10-18, 08:47 AM
Freshman

I saw that madison got beat by edgewood and only scored 28 points. Is edgewood good or is madison still trying to catch up front football season? Everyone said madison was supossed to be special this year
Old 12-10-18, 08:57 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I saw that madison got beat by edgewood and only scored 28 points. Is edgewood good or is madison still trying to catch up front football season? Everyone said madison was supossed to be special this year
Wow I didnt even notice this. Edgewood did not impress me at all against Monroe but somehow they played Fenwick close until the 4th.
I did just look it up and it looks like Whisman took only 2 shots in the game before Edgewood and did not play against Edgewood. I am assuming he is injured hopefully it is nothing serious but this is why Edgewood beat them. They dont with Whisman in the game. He put up 27 in his first game.

I just looked more into it after I wrote this up and McMonigle didnt play either he is averaging 19 a game???
Old 12-10-18, 09:03 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whisman, McMonigle and another starter (Morgan, I think), didn't play. I was still kind of surprised by the score. Don't see many high school boys games with a 32-28 score. Kind of makes you question Madison's depth for a long tournament run.
Old 12-10-18, 09:38 AM
Freshman

I think the swbl buckeye will be closer than people think. Any team can lose on any night except for maybe dixie and milton union. I dont see them beating a whole lot of buckeye teams. Madison, preble, carlisle, waynesville, and northridge will have some good games against eachother
Old 12-10-18, 09:44 AM
Freshman

I thought every team in league played eachother. How come carlisle and milton union dont play eachother or is the schedule on max preps wrong?