Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #1  
Old 11-14-18, 03:59 PM
Northpole Northpole is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-30-18
Posts: 13
Northpole is on a distinguished road
TCL (Toledo City League) 2018-19

Predictions, comments or possible surprises for this year? Not really hearing too much about the league or it’s players this year.

Last Year Standings:

Start 9-1 18-3
Rogers 8-2 9-11
Bowsher 7-3 10-10
Waite 2-8 7-13
Woodward 2-8 3-18
Scott 2-8 2-18

Start and Rogers seem to be early favorites. Bowsher is intriguing young and has good size. Waite lost a lot of key pieces. Woodward needs to fill the HUGE void left by CJ Robinson graduating. Scott has a lot of questions as well should be a interesting year.

Final 4 was Start, Rogers, Bowsher, Woodward (Start CL Champion). Christian Smith (Sr. Rogers) won POY.

Last edited by Northpole; 11-14-18 at 06:22 PM. Reason: More insight
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-15-18, 09:31 PM
Smalls Smalls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Posts: 675
Smalls is on a distinguished road
Bowsher scrimmaged Stritch tonight. Stritch won the 1st 4 quarters by 18. It was competitive after that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-18, 03:25 PM
419news 419news is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-14-18
Posts: 3
419news is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Bowsher scrimmaged Stritch tonight. Stritch won the 1st 4 quarters by 18. It was competitive after that.


Waite has Stritch for their first game I believe Nov 30th. Good game to test what they have over there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-18, 08:08 PM
Johnstown Benny Johnstown Benny is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-06-07
Posts: 1,371
Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northpole View Post
Predictions, comments or possible surprises for this year? Not really hearing too much about the league or itís players this year.

Last Year Standings:

Start 9-1 18-3
Rogers 8-2 9-11
Bowsher 7-3 10-10
Waite 2-8 7-13
Woodward 2-8 3-18
Scott 2-8 2-18

Start and Rogers seem to be early favorites. Bowsher is intriguing young and has good size. Waite lost a lot of key pieces. Woodward needs to fill the HUGE void left by CJ Robinson graduating. Scott has a lot of questions as well should be a interesting year.

Final 4 was Start, Rogers, Bowsher, Woodward (Start CL Champion). Christian Smith (Sr. Rogers) won POY.

I'm anxious to see Toledo Rogers early in the season as they are part of the Kewpee Classic Tournament to be played at Lima Senior on December 14/15.


Should be a very good tournament this year with these 4 teams participating:


Lima Senior - Dayton Dunbar

Toledo Rogers - Lakewood St. Ed's


JB
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-18, 08:24 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,546
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Rogers scrimmaging the Spire circus tomorrow I've heard. I think here?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-18, 09:32 PM
419news 419news is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-14-18
Posts: 3
419news is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Rogers scrimmaging the Spire circus tomorrow I've heard. I think here?


Yes thatís true


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-18, 09:32 PM
419news 419news is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-14-18
Posts: 3
419news is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
I'm anxious to see Toledo Rogers early in the season as they are part of the Kewpee Classic Tournament to be played at Lima Senior on December 14/15.





Should be a very good tournament this year with these 4 teams participating:





Lima Senior - Dayton Dunbar



Toledo Rogers - Lakewood St. Ed's





JB


Will be very competitive forsure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-17-18, 06:35 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,546
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419news View Post
Yes thatís true


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Rogers? Someone said 11am?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-17-18, 08:55 AM
D1nwobb D1nwobb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 99
D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
At Rogers? Someone said 11am?
Muti team scrimmage at Rogers with teams from Ohio & Michigan. Using both gyms at Rogers along with the McTigue gym. Supposed to start at 11:00.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-19-18, 08:21 AM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Rogers (6 point loss) and St. Francis (1 point loss) gave Spire very competitive games.

Spire has 2 five star recruits and of course the "Ball Circus".

There may not be the depth of high end talent that we see some years, but there should be some good basketball played in the area.

Whitmer is very strong, St. Johns seems to always be good along with 3 very solid small school teams (Maumee Valley, Genoa, Stritch). Plus, Central brings a ton of young talent back and the NLL may be as balanced as it ever has been.

Should be competitive games every night.

Last edited by Cardboard Palace; 11-19-18 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-04-18, 08:42 AM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
From the early results it looks like the league will come down to Start and Rogers.

Bowsher could knock someone off.

Scott has not played yet.

Waite and Woodward have struggled, but should get better as the season goes on.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-18, 12:13 PM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Toledo City Athletic League
Toledo Start 2 - 0 1 - 0
Toledo Rogers 2 - 2 1 - 0
Toledo Waite 1 - 2 1 - 0
Toledo Bowsher 1 - 3 0 - 1
Toledo Woodward 1 - 3 0 - 1
Toledo Scott 0 - 2 0 - 1

Just bumping it to the top.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-10-18, 04:44 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,546
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Waite has maybe 4 more wins on its schedule? MAYBE Woodward at their place. Scott twice. Cleveland JFK. Every OOC game except the already played Southview is away? Do schools pay someone to do that, play at their place?


Start-Whitmer looks like it will be worth the admission price. Bowsher-Rogers, is there separation there? 9 points at Rogers. Look about equal to me. Maybe early.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-11-18, 03:45 AM
Northpole Northpole is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-30-18
Posts: 13
Northpole is on a distinguished road
I actually attended Rogers v Bowsher and Woodward v Waite. Interesting note I don’t think Woodward ran more than 5 plays the whole game but team is young and very athletic. Waite has a 6-1 kid named Mark Randall I believe, can handle shoot and finish he is a nice talent don’t know how he flew under the radar so much. Also another guard Demond Allen gave Woodward fits all night. They could surprise some people.

Scott is definitely going to struggle hopefully they can build for the future.
Start looks good...excellent coach maximizing players talent favorites at this point

The Rogers/Bowsher game wasn’t as close as the score made it seem I think Rogers is far and away the better team Dasean Nelson is a real talent and he is still young could be really food but still early in the league though overall...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-11-18, 07:44 AM
Smalls Smalls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Posts: 675
Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northpole View Post
I actually attended Rogers v Bowsher and Woodward v Waite. Interesting note I donít think Woodward ran more than 5 plays the whole game but team is young and very athletic. Waite has a 6-1 kid named Mark Randall I believe, can handle shoot and finish he is a nice talent donít know how he flew under the radar so much. Also another guard Demond Allen gave Woodward fits all night. They could surprise some people.

Scott is definitely going to struggle hopefully they can build for the future.
Start looks good...excellent coach maximizing players talent favorites at this point

The Rogers/Bowsher game wasnít as close as the score made it seem I think Rogers is far and away the better team Dasean Nelson is a real talent and he is still young could be really food but still early in the league though overall...
Is the big kid from Archbold (Des Black 6'7"-6'8" 250) getting much time for Start? When I watched Start twice this summer they struggled on defense and a rim protector seemed to be what they were missing.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-12-18, 07:44 AM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Waite vs Rogers game was ugly. There must have been 50+ turnovers combined and that was without either team applying much pressure.

Rogers is very long and talented. They will need to play more focused and disciplined if they want to beat Start. I am not sure that is something you turn on and off game to game.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-13-18, 02:14 AM
Northpole Northpole is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-30-18
Posts: 13
Northpole is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
Waite vs Rogers game was ugly. There must have been 50+ turnovers combined and that was without either team applying much pressure.

Rogers is very long and talented. They will need to play more focused and disciplined if they want to beat Start. I am not sure that is something you turn on and off game to game.
Yeah Rogers doesnít impress me thy will get eaten alive come tournament time by more dicisplined teams
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-02-19, 07:49 AM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Toledo City Athletic League

Toledo Start 7 - 1 3 - 0
Toledo Scott 4 - 3 2 - 1
Toledo Rogers 4 - 7 2 - 1
Toledo Bowsher 4 - 6 1 - 2
Toledo Waite 1 - 6 1 - 2
Toledo Woodward 2 - 6 0 - 3

How were the teams Start played in Florida? Looks like a couple laughers and a tight OT game.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-02-19, 11:06 AM
D1nwobb D1nwobb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 99
D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
Start hosts Whitmer Saturday night.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-02-19, 10:35 PM
MacMen22 MacMen22 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-15-18
Posts: 19
MacMen22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
Toledo City Athletic League

Toledo Start 7 - 1 3 - 0
Toledo Scott 4 - 3 2 - 1
Toledo Rogers 4 - 7 2 - 1
Toledo Bowsher 4 - 6 1 - 2
Toledo Waite 1 - 6 1 - 2
Toledo Woodward 2 - 6 0 - 3

How were the teams Start played in Florida? Looks like a couple laughers and a tight OT game.


Couple laughers and an overtime loss to a top 5 7A team in Florida. (8A biggest class) Choctaw had two 6í8 kids that were tough. One headed to TCU. State runner up last year. Thatís the ďprogramĒ that all the local studs transfer to hoop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-03-19, 07:35 AM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMen22 View Post
Couple laughers and an overtime loss to a top 5 7A team in Florida. (8A biggest class) Choctaw had two 6í8 kids that were tough. One headed to TCU. State runner up last year. Thatís the ďprogramĒ that all the local studs transfer to hoop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Highlight videos on Max Preps are impressive. Nice showing for Start.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-04-19, 04:58 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,546
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Thanks for all the information. Can you provide a link to those highlights?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-09-19, 09:21 AM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Thanks for all the information. Can you provide a link to those highlights?
Not sure if this will work but I think this is the kid going to TCU.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AxwFA

Highlights vs Start

http://a.hudl.com/v/2B2Jh4
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-09-19, 03:28 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,546
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Never hard to figure out which team edited the highlight video.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-15-19, 12:36 PM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Toledo Start 16 - 3 10 - 0
Toledo Bowsher 10 - 10 6 - 4
Toledo Rogers 9 - 10 6 - 4
Toledo Scott 6 - 11 4 - 5
Toledo Waite 2 - 16 2 - 8
Toledo Woodward 5 - 14 1 - 8

Start wrapped up the league long ago.

I am interested to see how a very talented Rogers team plays against a very scrappy but undersized Toledo Christian team in a non-league game. Rogers has far more talent but will be forced to play a sound game if they want to win.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-15-19, 01:39 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,546
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
Toledo Start 16 - 3 10 - 0
Toledo Bowsher 10 - 10 6 - 4
Toledo Rogers 9 - 10 6 - 4
Toledo Scott 6 - 11 4 - 5
Toledo Waite 2 - 16 2 - 8
Toledo Woodward 5 - 14 1 - 8

Start wrapped up the league long ago.

I am interested to see how a very talented Rogers team plays against a very scrappy but undersized Toledo Christian team in a non-league game. Rogers has far more talent but will be forced to play a sound game if they want to win.

What are we basing the "far more talent" on? Rogers have some college recuits?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-15-19, 02:14 PM
Smalls Smalls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Posts: 675
Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
What are we basing the "far more talent" on? Rogers have some college recuits?
I'll bite on this one.

Rogers has the 1st kids picked in gym class, but TC has the guys mixed in on the winning team.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-15-19, 02:23 PM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 318
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
What are we basing the "far more talent" on? Rogers have some college recuits?
For Rogers, Nelson and Wyatt have a lot of D1 interest. Jackson looks like a college junior instead of a high school junior right now. Something has been missing from their team. Ultra talented but under performing.

For TC, Wensink is an underrated athlete. Nice player and quick off the floor. McWinnie has a high basketball IQ, is a knock down shooter and has a nose for the ball and big shots.

Talent wise yes. I am taking the Rogers guys by a big spread. High schools results, I'm not so sure and that is why I am interested in the outcome.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-15-19, 06:04 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,614
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
For Rogers, Nelson and Wyatt have a lot of D1 interest. Jackson looks like a college junior instead of a high school junior right now. Something has been missing from their team. Ultra talented but under performing.

For TC, Wensink is an underrated athlete. Nice player and quick off the floor. McWinnie has a high basketball IQ, is a knock down shooter and has a nose for the ball and big shots.

Talent wise yes. I am taking the Rogers guys by a big spread. High schools results, I'm not so sure and that is why I am interested in the outcome.
Great assestment. What year is McWhinnie? Soph? Never thought I'd see another Denny Amhrein but McWhinnie certainly reminds me of him.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-16-19, 07:59 PM
BacktoBack BacktoBack is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-17-17
Posts: 141
BacktoBack is on a distinguished road
For a team with two Division 1 players and some good young talent, Rogers does not look good. I watched them against Scott the other night and was shocked. Not sure why, not picking on the kids. The talent is there...

Haven't seen any updates on the game, hope they run it on BCSN eventually. I saw Woodward and Northwood had a good run earlier in the season, I like seeing a little TCL/TAAC action just to change gears a bit.

I'd like to think if they had the Smith kid(SJJ transfer), Rogers would really be cooking. But I'm not sure what is going on over there...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History of Baseball State Championships (1928-2018) Yappi Baseball 37 05-06-19 07:56 AM
2018 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 28 12-01-18 11:06 PM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2018 Gem City Throwbacks 17U - 2 Openings GC_Throwbacks Baseball 0 08-03-17 04:02 PM
Toledo City League chs1971 Football 13 07-02-17 01:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.