Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-25-18, 06:26 AM
Ansoniafan Ansoniafan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-08-15
Posts: 96
Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Cross County Conference

Thoughts? Top teams this year?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-26-18, 07:19 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
I think the league is pretty wide open this year. I think Franklin Monroe, National Trail, Arcanum and Ansonia are 4 teams that will be towards the top in the league this year. Bethel lost that Senior class, but I would not be surprised if they ended up having a good team again this year.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-18, 07:49 AM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 3,083
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I think the league is pretty wide open this year. I think Franklin Monroe, National Trail, Arcanum and Ansonia are 4 teams that will be towards the top in the league this year. Bethel lost that Senior class, but I would not be surprised if they ended up having a good team again this year.
Bethel has the athletes to be there again, perhaps not top of district, but certainly near top of CCC.

IS EAST DOWN AGAIN THIS YEAR?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-26-18, 09:42 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Bethel has the athletes to be there again, perhaps not top of district, but certainly near top of CCC.

IS EAST DOWN AGAIN THIS YEAR?
That's what I was thinking about Bethel as well.

I'm not sure about East this year. I was surprised they struggled as much as they did last year. I would guess East, TCN, TVS and Tri Village will all be in that next tier of teams where they will be competitive and one of those teams could push towards the top of the league depending.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-18, 10:24 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,447
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
TCN down on talent ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-26-18, 10:34 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
TCN down on talent ?
TCN has some talent, it's just hard to grasp how good they will be this year without the McCullough kid. The kid was good, but I know he wasn't the best for team chemistry and because of that I'm not sure where to put TCN.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-26-18, 01:18 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 979
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Arcanum has plenty of talent to be very good the next few years. It was a big blow to lose that coach. They played above (way above) their talent level with him on the sidelines.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-18, 09:29 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Arcanum has plenty of talent to be very good the next few years. It was a big blow to lose that coach. They played above (way above) their talent level with him on the sidelines.
It is interesting that I do believe that Arcanum and Ansonia both have the talent to be 2 of the better teams in the league this year, but both of them will be going into this season with new coaches. What kind of an impact do you think that will have?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-18, 11:12 AM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 979
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
It is interesting that I do believe that Arcanum and Ansonia both have the talent to be 2 of the better teams in the league this year, but both of them will be going into this season with new coaches. What kind of an impact do you think that will have?
It is hard to get a new system in under 4 weeks. Especially competing against teams who have had systems in place for many years from elementary on up. But, talent overcomes all that if the kids buy in even the slightest.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-27-18, 11:24 AM
wheatfield32 wheatfield32 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-04
Location: county
Posts: 678
wheatfield32 is on a distinguished road
great conference and very wide open
tipping the top TVS (coaching), Arcanum (Talent), Ansonia
reaching up Bethel (tradition) FM (conley) National Trail (shooters)
wishing they were there Miami East (ugh zone), Tri village (sags please oh please)
higher than expected TCN (yippee no dillon), Newton, miss valley
trying to get started again Covington
not worth trying Bradford
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-27-18, 01:44 PM
Ansoniafan Ansoniafan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-08-15
Posts: 96
Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
It is hard to get a new system in under 4 weeks. Especially competing against teams who have had systems in place for many years from elementary on up. But, talent overcomes all that if the kids buy in even the slightest.
The coach at Ansonia was our JV coach for the past 3 years and was being groomed to take over. During summer shootouts the boys lost to Fairfield and 1 other big school. They took on and beat Greenon Bellefontaine Urbana and others that were way bigger and did very well. Final record was 11-2. Returning 3 or 4 starters and 7 lettermen from last years squad.

Last edited by Ansoniafan; 11-28-18 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-27-18, 02:09 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 979
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
The coach at Ansonia was our JV coach for the past 3 years and was being groomed to take over. During summer shootouts the boys lost to Fairfield and 1 other big school. They took on and beat Greenon Bellefontaine and others that were way bigger and did well. Final record was 11-2. Returning 3 or 4 starters and 7 lettermen from last years squad.
Pulling in an existing coach really then limits any impact on coaching changes. Sounds like a big year for Ansonia!!! When is the last time Ansonia has won the CCC outright? I really do like Arcanum, I saw the current Jrs (I think) play in middle school and they were crazy good.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-27-18, 02:12 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 979
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
great conference and very wide open
tipping the top TVS (coaching), Arcanum (Talent), Ansonia
reaching up Bethel (tradition) FM (conley) National Trail (shooters)
wishing they were there Miami East (ugh zone), Tri village (sags please oh please)
higher than expected TCN (yippee no dillon), Newton, miss valley
trying to get started again Covington
not worth trying Bradford
Are you really bagging on ME zone? Its legendary and very very effective. You think ME Athletes can make a run in the DIII tourney playing M2M?

Whats wrong with Tri coach now? Getting that group last year to near .500 was a big deal. If Sags left just because there are some down years, then magically reappears when talent comes in (There are good classese coming) then that is very poor.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-27-18, 03:26 PM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Are you really bagging on ME zone? Its legendary and very very effective. You think ME Athletes can make a run in the DIII tourney playing M2M?

Whats wrong with Tri coach now? Getting that group last year to near .500 was a big deal. If Sags left just because there are some down years, then magically reappears when talent comes in (There are good classese coming) then that is very poor.
You are correct.. Tri Village didn't struggle because Sags left. He bailed after that trouble and knowing that Tri Village was going to be down. I give their coach from last year a lot of credit and I hope they stick with him when they start getting more talent back in their program.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-27-18, 04:06 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,404
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
You are correct.. Tri Village didn't struggle because Sags left. He bailed after that trouble and knowing that Tri Village was going to be down. I give their coach from last year a lot of credit and I hope they stick with him when they start getting more talent back in their program.
The new coach out there is good. I hope they let him be and don't push him aside when Sags son gets to high school. That's a few years off though so the coach may move on by then anyway (on his own). I heard Sags was coaching the JH girls team his daughter is on. If that is true, will he try to take over the girls program? Don't they have a good girls coach already in place?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-30-18, 08:23 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
The new coach out there is good. I hope they let him be and don't push him aside when Sags son gets to high school. That's a few years off though so the coach may move on by then anyway (on his own). I heard Sags was coaching the JH girls team his daughter is on. If that is true, will he try to take over the girls program? Don't they have a good girls coach already in place?
That is true.. Sags is currently the 8th grade girls basketball coach, and his daughter is on the team. That team will not lose a game (won't have a close game) and I do think it's more likely that he gets involved in the girls program moving forward. Tri Villages girls basketball team is going to win a lot of games over the next 5 years. I don't think he will be the head coach but maybe an assistant to the coach they already have in place.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-30-18, 02:57 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 979
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
That is true.. Sags is currently the 8th grade girls basketball coach, and his daughter is on the team. That team will not lose a game (won't have a close game) and I do think it's more likely that he gets involved in the girls program moving forward. Tri Villages girls basketball team is going to win a lot of games over the next 5 years. I don't think he will be the head coach but maybe an assistant to the coach they already have in place.
GOAT 8th grade in CCC history.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-18, 08:13 AM
BigK72 BigK72 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-17-15
Posts: 132
BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Those 8th grade girls beat Covington 77-0 earlier this week
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-01-18, 02:55 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 3,083
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
GOAT 8th grade in CCC history.
Would take some doing to be better than the 1982 Bethel 8th grade team. Those girls went on a couple years latter to defeat such teams as AAA power Pickerington in the Red Roof Inn Holiday classic, by 13 points if I remember correctly. Pickerington went on to win big school girls title that year and Bethel was ranked 10 th in the nation.

I don't have their 8th grade scores but I remember them breaking 100 a couple times and many times holding the opponent under 10.

Will be interesting to watch Tri Village for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-01-18, 03:32 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,404
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
That is true.. Sags is currently the 8th grade girls basketball coach, and his daughter is on the team. That team will not lose a game (won't have a close game) and I do think it's more likely that he gets involved in the girls program moving forward. Tri Villages girls basketball team is going to win a lot of games over the next 5 years. I don't think he will be the head coach but maybe an assistant to the coach they already have in place.
I am not sure sags could be a second chair guy. But maybe

He also has a younger son too I think. Maybe he will switch to JH boys soon for him rather than pushing a coach out.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-02-18, 12:59 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 979
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Would take some doing to be better than the 1982 Bethel 8th grade team. Those girls went on a couple years latter to defeat such teams as AAA power Pickerington in the Red Roof Inn Holiday classic, by 13 points if I remember correctly. Pickerington went on to win big school girls title that year and Bethel was ranked 10 th in the nation.

I don't have their 8th grade scores but I remember them breaking 100 a couple times and many times holding the opponent under 10.

Will be interesting to watch Tri Village for sure.
If sags was their coach, they would have been number one in the nation!!!

Just being silly, those young kids are sure getting a great basketball lesson. If he makes any move back to the head boys job it is a shame.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-02-18, 09:41 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,654
America is an unknown quantity at this point
East was last good in 2015-2016 because Alter got homered there on the road big time. They got called twice for offensive goal tending in the final minute and lost by 3 or 4. Then Alter put 97 on them the following year. ME has had solid success but the talent they had coming up from the frosh/jv was not promising.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-02-18, 10:49 PM
wheatfield32 wheatfield32 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-04
Location: county
Posts: 678
wheatfield32 is on a distinguished road
Hey CCC Athletic Directors, Coaches, Fans, ......

take a look at this:
www.gwocsports.com
www.cbcsportsonline.com
www.swblsports.com
www.ohcsports.com
www.metrobuckeyesports.com

it is a novel idea you can get actual scores the night of the game and wow stats
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-03-18, 07:42 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I am not sure sags could be a second chair guy. But maybe

He also has a younger son too I think. Maybe he will switch to JH boys soon for him rather than pushing a coach out.
Yeah, he does have a younger son, in the 5th grade I believe. He could end up coaching the JH boys as Tri Village has a decent amount of talent that will be coming through over the next 3-4 years at that level. By the time his kids get in high school I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved in some manner, but I'm just not sure what exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-03-18, 09:17 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
A couple highlights from the first weekend of basketball. National Trail was winner of the tipoff tournament at TVS beating Eaton on the opening night, and then TVS in the finals. Bethel had a nice win against Bellbrook on Friday night. Arcanum had a 26 point win against Greenville on Saturday night. I saw a couple other schools got a win this weekend too and it'll be interesting to see how things go when league play starts off this week.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-03-18, 12:16 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,404
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
Hey CCC Athletic Directors, Coaches, Fans, ......

take a look at this:
www.gwocsports.com
www.cbcsportsonline.com
www.swblsports.com
www.ohcsports.com
www.metrobuckeyesports.com

it is a novel idea you can get actual scores the night of the game and wow stats
Especially since they all use the same platform it looks like. It's not like they have to build a site from scratch or anything. Just sign up with that vendor (its at the bottom I think) and begin setting up the site for your league.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-07-18, 06:05 AM
tvsfan tvsfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: West of Dayton, OH
Posts: 342
tvsfan
Recaps and pics from some of the games I've covered this basketball season. Arcanum, Bradford, Greenville. Who came out of the gate strong, who is struggling to score? I will be covering Arcanum vs. TCN tonight, so come back for pics and summary from that game as well.

Chris Tilton Sports
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-07-18, 11:49 AM
Ansoniafan Ansoniafan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-08-15
Posts: 96
Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Tigers open their season at Tri-Village tonight. Thoughts or prediction of outcome?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-07-18, 12:48 PM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 119
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
Tigers open their season at Tri-Village tonight. Thoughts or prediction of outcome?
There are so many unknowns at this point of the season, but my prediction would be that Ansonia wins by about 15-20 points.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-07-18, 11:59 PM
BigK72 BigK72 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-17-15
Posts: 132
BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Tri-Village beats Ansonia 58-49 in OT. I believe that was the final score
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cross County Conference 2018 ReadyKnightsFan Football 575 10-27-18 09:49 AM
Game Report/Article:Lewis County 34 Boyd County 21 LICKING COUNTY FAN National Football Board 1 08-14-18 07:49 PM
2017 Year in Review Sykotyk National Football Board 2 01-15-18 12:51 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
2017 CCC (Cross County Conference) joe51391 Football 283 10-28-17 05:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz