Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-25-18, 06:26 AM
Varsity

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Cross County Conference

Thoughts? Top teams this year?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-18, 07:19 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
I think the league is pretty wide open this year. I think Franklin Monroe, National Trail, Arcanum and Ansonia are 4 teams that will be towards the top in the league this year. Bethel lost that Senior class, but I would not be surprised if they ended up having a good team again this year.
Old 11-26-18, 07:49 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I think the league is pretty wide open this year. I think Franklin Monroe, National Trail, Arcanum and Ansonia are 4 teams that will be towards the top in the league this year. Bethel lost that Senior class, but I would not be surprised if they ended up having a good team again this year.
Bethel has the athletes to be there again, perhaps not top of district, but certainly near top of CCC.

IS EAST DOWN AGAIN THIS YEAR?
Old 11-26-18, 09:42 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Bethel has the athletes to be there again, perhaps not top of district, but certainly near top of CCC.

IS EAST DOWN AGAIN THIS YEAR?
That's what I was thinking about Bethel as well.

I'm not sure about East this year. I was surprised they struggled as much as they did last year. I would guess East, TCN, TVS and Tri Village will all be in that next tier of teams where they will be competitive and one of those teams could push towards the top of the league depending.
Old 11-26-18, 10:24 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
TCN down on talent ?
Old 11-26-18, 10:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
TCN down on talent ?
TCN has some talent, it's just hard to grasp how good they will be this year without the McCullough kid. The kid was good, but I know he wasn't the best for team chemistry and because of that I'm not sure where to put TCN.
Old 11-26-18, 01:18 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Arcanum has plenty of talent to be very good the next few years. It was a big blow to lose that coach. They played above (way above) their talent level with him on the sidelines.
Old 11-27-18, 09:29 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Arcanum has plenty of talent to be very good the next few years. It was a big blow to lose that coach. They played above (way above) their talent level with him on the sidelines.
It is interesting that I do believe that Arcanum and Ansonia both have the talent to be 2 of the better teams in the league this year, but both of them will be going into this season with new coaches. What kind of an impact do you think that will have?
Old 11-27-18, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
It is interesting that I do believe that Arcanum and Ansonia both have the talent to be 2 of the better teams in the league this year, but both of them will be going into this season with new coaches. What kind of an impact do you think that will have?
It is hard to get a new system in under 4 weeks. Especially competing against teams who have had systems in place for many years from elementary on up. But, talent overcomes all that if the kids buy in even the slightest.
Old 11-27-18, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

wheatfield32 is on a distinguished road
great conference and very wide open
tipping the top TVS (coaching), Arcanum (Talent), Ansonia
reaching up Bethel (tradition) FM (conley) National Trail (shooters)
wishing they were there Miami East (ugh zone), Tri village (sags please oh please)
higher than expected TCN (yippee no dillon), Newton, miss valley
trying to get started again Covington
not worth trying Bradford
Old 11-27-18, 01:44 PM
Varsity

Quote:
It is hard to get a new system in under 4 weeks. Especially competing against teams who have had systems in place for many years from elementary on up. But, talent overcomes all that if the kids buy in even the slightest.
The coach at Ansonia was our JV coach for the past 3 years and was being groomed to take over. During summer shootouts the boys lost to Fairfield and 1 other big school. They took on and beat Greenon Bellefontaine Urbana and others that were way bigger and did very well. Final record was 11-2. Returning 3 or 4 starters and 7 lettermen from last years squad.

Last edited by Ansoniafan; 11-28-18 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-27-18, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
The coach at Ansonia was our JV coach for the past 3 years and was being groomed to take over. During summer shootouts the boys lost to Fairfield and 1 other big school. They took on and beat Greenon Bellefontaine and others that were way bigger and did well. Final record was 11-2. Returning 3 or 4 starters and 7 lettermen from last years squad.
Pulling in an existing coach really then limits any impact on coaching changes. Sounds like a big year for Ansonia!!! When is the last time Ansonia has won the CCC outright? I really do like Arcanum, I saw the current Jrs (I think) play in middle school and they were crazy good.
Old 11-27-18, 02:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
great conference and very wide open
tipping the top TVS (coaching), Arcanum (Talent), Ansonia
reaching up Bethel (tradition) FM (conley) National Trail (shooters)
wishing they were there Miami East (ugh zone), Tri village (sags please oh please)
higher than expected TCN (yippee no dillon), Newton, miss valley
trying to get started again Covington
not worth trying Bradford
Are you really bagging on ME zone? Its legendary and very very effective. You think ME Athletes can make a run in the DIII tourney playing M2M?

Whats wrong with Tri coach now? Getting that group last year to near .500 was a big deal. If Sags left just because there are some down years, then magically reappears when talent comes in (There are good classese coming) then that is very poor.
Old 11-27-18, 03:26 PM
All District

Quote:
Are you really bagging on ME zone? Its legendary and very very effective. You think ME Athletes can make a run in the DIII tourney playing M2M?

Whats wrong with Tri coach now? Getting that group last year to near .500 was a big deal. If Sags left just because there are some down years, then magically reappears when talent comes in (There are good classese coming) then that is very poor.
You are correct.. Tri Village didn't struggle because Sags left. He bailed after that trouble and knowing that Tri Village was going to be down. I give their coach from last year a lot of credit and I hope they stick with him when they start getting more talent back in their program.
Old 11-27-18, 04:06 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You are correct.. Tri Village didn't struggle because Sags left. He bailed after that trouble and knowing that Tri Village was going to be down. I give their coach from last year a lot of credit and I hope they stick with him when they start getting more talent back in their program.
The new coach out there is good. I hope they let him be and don't push him aside when Sags son gets to high school. That's a few years off though so the coach may move on by then anyway (on his own). I heard Sags was coaching the JH girls team his daughter is on. If that is true, will he try to take over the girls program? Don't they have a good girls coach already in place?
Old 11-30-18, 08:23 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
The new coach out there is good. I hope they let him be and don't push him aside when Sags son gets to high school. That's a few years off though so the coach may move on by then anyway (on his own). I heard Sags was coaching the JH girls team his daughter is on. If that is true, will he try to take over the girls program? Don't they have a good girls coach already in place?
That is true.. Sags is currently the 8th grade girls basketball coach, and his daughter is on the team. That team will not lose a game (won't have a close game) and I do think it's more likely that he gets involved in the girls program moving forward. Tri Villages girls basketball team is going to win a lot of games over the next 5 years. I don't think he will be the head coach but maybe an assistant to the coach they already have in place.
Old 11-30-18, 02:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
That is true.. Sags is currently the 8th grade girls basketball coach, and his daughter is on the team. That team will not lose a game (won't have a close game) and I do think it's more likely that he gets involved in the girls program moving forward. Tri Villages girls basketball team is going to win a lot of games over the next 5 years. I don't think he will be the head coach but maybe an assistant to the coach they already have in place.
GOAT 8th grade in CCC history.
Old 12-01-18, 08:13 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Those 8th grade girls beat Covington 77-0 earlier this week
Old 12-01-18, 02:55 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
GOAT 8th grade in CCC history.
Would take some doing to be better than the 1982 Bethel 8th grade team. Those girls went on a couple years latter to defeat such teams as AAA power Pickerington in the Red Roof Inn Holiday classic, by 13 points if I remember correctly. Pickerington went on to win big school girls title that year and Bethel was ranked 10 th in the nation.

I don't have their 8th grade scores but I remember them breaking 100 a couple times and many times holding the opponent under 10.

Will be interesting to watch Tri Village for sure.
Old 12-01-18, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I am not sure sags could be a second chair guy. But maybe

He also has a younger son too I think. Maybe he will switch to JH boys soon for him rather than pushing a coach out.
Old 12-02-18, 12:59 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Would take some doing to be better than the 1982 Bethel 8th grade team. Those girls went on a couple years latter to defeat such teams as AAA power Pickerington in the Red Roof Inn Holiday classic, by 13 points if I remember correctly. Pickerington went on to win big school girls title that year and Bethel was ranked 10 th in the nation.

I don't have their 8th grade scores but I remember them breaking 100 a couple times and many times holding the opponent under 10.

Will be interesting to watch Tri Village for sure.
If sags was their coach, they would have been number one in the nation!!!

Just being silly, those young kids are sure getting a great basketball lesson. If he makes any move back to the head boys job it is a shame.
Old 12-02-18, 09:41 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
East was last good in 2015-2016 because Alter got homered there on the road big time. They got called twice for offensive goal tending in the final minute and lost by 3 or 4. Then Alter put 97 on them the following year. ME has had solid success but the talent they had coming up from the frosh/jv was not promising.
Old 12-02-18, 10:49 PM
All Ohio

wheatfield32 is on a distinguished road
Hey CCC Athletic Directors, Coaches, Fans, ......

take a look at this:
www.gwocsports.com
www.cbcsportsonline.com
www.swblsports.com
www.ohcsports.com
www.metrobuckeyesports.com

it is a novel idea you can get actual scores the night of the game and wow stats
Old 12-03-18, 07:42 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I am not sure sags could be a second chair guy. But maybe

He also has a younger son too I think. Maybe he will switch to JH boys soon for him rather than pushing a coach out.
Yeah, he does have a younger son, in the 5th grade I believe. He could end up coaching the JH boys as Tri Village has a decent amount of talent that will be coming through over the next 3-4 years at that level. By the time his kids get in high school I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved in some manner, but I'm just not sure what exactly.
Old 12-03-18, 09:17 AM
All District

A couple highlights from the first weekend of basketball. National Trail was winner of the tipoff tournament at TVS beating Eaton on the opening night, and then TVS in the finals. Bethel had a nice win against Bellbrook on Friday night. Arcanum had a 26 point win against Greenville on Saturday night. I saw a couple other schools got a win this weekend too and it'll be interesting to see how things go when league play starts off this week.
Old 12-03-18, 12:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
Hey CCC Athletic Directors, Coaches, Fans, ......

take a look at this:
www.gwocsports.com
www.cbcsportsonline.com
www.swblsports.com
www.ohcsports.com
www.metrobuckeyesports.com

it is a novel idea you can get actual scores the night of the game and wow stats
Especially since they all use the same platform it looks like. It's not like they have to build a site from scratch or anything. Just sign up with that vendor (its at the bottom I think) and begin setting up the site for your league.
Old 12-07-18, 06:05 AM
All Region

tvsfan
Recaps and pics from some of the games I've covered this basketball season. Arcanum, Bradford, Greenville. Who came out of the gate strong, who is struggling to score? I will be covering Arcanum vs. TCN tonight, so come back for pics and summary from that game as well.

Chris Tilton Sports
Old 12-07-18, 11:49 AM
Varsity

Tigers open their season at Tri-Village tonight. Thoughts or prediction of outcome?
Old 12-07-18, 12:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
Tigers open their season at Tri-Village tonight. Thoughts or prediction of outcome?
There are so many unknowns at this point of the season, but my prediction would be that Ansonia wins by about 15-20 points.
Old 12-07-18, 11:59 PM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Tri-Village beats Ansonia 58-49 in OT. I believe that was the final score