Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-14-18, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Wait a minute. The Jags just won a road playoff game, scoring 45 points no less, without a Pro Bowl QB...in fact he is widely acknowledged as below average. How could this be? According to my fellow Browns fans QB is the only position which matters. The rest of the roster is irrelevant.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-18, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Fournette has clearly made the Jags a much better offense, but Marrone working with Bortles has helped too. And their D is nasty. Its all working nicely for them. Their schedule was fairly weak, and they might slip back a little next year against a tougher schedule, but their D will keep them relevant. And Marrone is a good coach. Just rolls with basic schemes and makes it work.

All that said, the Browns need a QB and a RB. Not so sure Barkley can be another Fournette.
Or that Fournette was the only RB that could get that done if playing in his place, for that matter.

e_p specializes in false equivalency. Fournette did well for the Jags, so the Browns should burn a top pick on Barkley. Got it.
Old 01-14-18, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
... and just who was the STUD RB that led the 1st seated Eagles to this great 15-10 victory over the 6th seated Falcons ... was it the top pick in the draft ,.. no wait it was a 5th round pick Jay Ajayi ... your right, it sure proves that the Browns should draft Barkley.
I didn't say get Barkley.

The emphasis on QB in this town is over the top to the detriment of the team. Stop reaching on QBs and draft best available on either side of the ball.

You can put whatever QB you want on this team and they are still going to suck because of all the other holes. Build a competitive roster and then make a move at QB.

I'd much rather be Jacksonville with everything but a QB then have a QB and nothing else.
Old 01-14-18, 05:38 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Or that Fournette was the only RB that could get that done if playing in his place, for that matter.

e_p specializes in false equivalency. Fournette did well for the Jags, so the Browns should burn a top pick on Barkley. Got it.
Do you have a single digit iq? I never said the Browns should draft Barkley.
Old 01-14-18, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Wait a minute. The Jags just won a road playoff game, scoring 45 points no less, without a Pro Bowl QB...in fact he is widely acknowledged as below average. How could this be? According to my fellow Browns fans QB is the only position which matters. The rest of the roster is irrelevant.
Bortles was the 3rd overall pick in 2014 Late bloomer.....
Old 01-14-18, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Do you have a single digit iq? I never said the Browns should draft Barkley.
I never said Fournette wasn't a great running back, yet off you go...
Old 01-14-18, 05:55 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Bortles a late bloomer
Old 01-14-18, 06:08 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Bortles tossed 35 TD’s in his second season.

Marrone has been a highly regarded QB coach. He might just get Bortles over the top.
Old 01-14-18, 06:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I never said Fournette wasn't a great running back, yet off you go...
You tried to claim Kamara was better.
Old 01-14-18, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Bortles a late bloomer
Old 01-14-18, 06:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You tried to claim Kamara was better.
Better RoY candidate, to be precise. (I know accuracy is never your goal) Far better value, at any rate. Good thing the Jags D and O-line were essentially complete, so that a high RB pick was a luxury that they could afford - not the Browns. I also said they privately must wish they had taken Deshaun Watson with the Fournette pick, and an RB later.

We'll see how Fournette does next week. It seems his chronic ankle issue may be acting up.
Old 01-14-18, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Better RoY candidate, to be precise. (I know accuracy is never your goal) Far better value, at any rate. Good thing the Jags D and O-line were essentially complete, so that a high RB pick was a luxury that they could afford - not the Browns. I also said they privately must wish they had taken Deshaun Watson with the Fournette pick, and an RB later.

We'll see how Fournette does next week. It seems his chronic ankle issue may be acting up.
Of course, to be precise, you brought it up to imply Fournette wasnt worth his pick. But honesty isnt your strong suit, creepy posts are.
Old 01-15-18, 05:03 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Read the articles before you cite them in support of an opinion. Please make a note of this.

That's how this message board stuff works..........when it works properly
You are so darn stupid it is silly ... you asked for "proof" of my opinion ... first off that is just plain stupid ...IT'S MY OPINION ... second, when I give you proof that is the perception of Rosen .... you nitpick them with stupid tidbits ... it doesn't matter the details ... there was at least ten more articles about his attitude ... I just randomly picked four ... are you trying to say that is not the perception of Rosen? Finally, after hearing the perception of Rosen, I watched games of his ... to me, MY OPINION is that he looks like Jeff George or Jay Cutler ... in their body language, mannerism, and the way they interact ... throw in what he has said after words ... and I want not part of him.

You can come back on here and nitpick every stupid word ... like you do

but you can not deny ... that their is a perception that Josh Rosen has an attitude problem ... I didn't just make it up ... you can say you disagree with that ... because two players say it is not the case ... that is fine, that's your opinion ... but it is MY OPINION that there is enough there to scare me off of him ... because I don't think there is that big a difference between him and Darnold ... and I prefer Darnold's attitude and talent (from what I can see) to Rosen.

You act like I randomly made this stuff up and that by saying it I'm going to ruin his career ... how reckless of me ... you like Rosen, that's fine ... I don't ... that is my opinion ... we will see in few years who is right ... that is how this board works ... take note!!
Old 01-15-18, 05:19 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Fournette has clearly made the Jags a much better offense, but Marrone working with Bortles has helped too. And their D is nasty. Its all working nicely for them. Their schedule was fairly weak, and they might slip back a little next year against a tougher schedule, but their D will keep them relevant. And Marrone is a good coach. Just rolls with basic schemes and makes it work.

All that said, the Browns need a QB and a RB. Not so sure Barkley can be another Fournette.
This is well said ... I would just add in that it is also easier to get another good RB later in the draft (Love, Penny, or Jones) than get a good QB later in the draft ... I like Barkley, he is not the same type of back as Fournette, but he is a much more all around talent than Fournette. If you want some one like that ... that Love in the second round ... if you want a between the tackles RB (like Fournette) take Penny(next years Kareem Hunt) in the late 2nd or 3rd round ... the point ... easier to get a good RB later in the draft than a good QB later in the draft.
Old 01-15-18, 05:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You are so darn stupid it is silly ... you asked for "proof" of my opinion ... first off that is just plain stupid ...IT'S MY OPINION ... second, when I give you proof that is the perception of Rosen .... you nitpick them with stupid tidbits ... it doesn't matter the details ... there was at least ten more articles about his attitude ... I just randomly picked four ... are you trying to say that is not the perception of Rosen? Finally, after hearing the perception of Rosen, I watched games of his ... to me, MY OPINION is that he looks like Jeff George or Jay Cutler ... in their body language, mannerism, and the way they interact ... throw in what he has said after words ... and I want not part of him.

You can come back on here and nitpick every stupid word ... like you do

but you can not deny ... that their is a perception that Josh Rosen has an attitude problem ... I didn't just make it up ... you can say you disagree with that ... because two players say it is not the case ... that is fine, that's your opinion ... but it is MY OPINION that there is enough there to scare me off of him ... because I don't think there is that big a difference between him and Darnold ... and I prefer Darnold's attitude and talent (from what I can see) to Rosen.

You act like I randomly made this stuff up and that by saying it I'm going to ruin his career ... how reckless of me ... you like Rosen, that's fine ... I don't ... that is my opinion ... we will see in few years who is right ... that is how this board works ... take note!!
Please show me where anyone but yourself has used the word "proof". Go ahead. You won't find it, because you are making up an argument that you think you can win. THAT is silly. And childish.

You have profound comprehension problems. In my opinion.
Old 01-15-18, 06:35 AM
All World

Quote:
Myself, I qualify such statements with words and phrases that clearly identify opinions as such. Always have in here.

If I have an opinion about what could be suspected as personal short-comings or personality flaws of a college kid, and I can't cite a credible source of a respected talent evaluator, I would not be so pompous, inflated, and self-important as to phrase such opinions as if they were gospel. Only a fool would do that.

Please make a note of this.
You are right ... I have a comprehension problem ... I can't comprehend any darn thing you say ... but I bet I am not the only one ... but that sure does look like to me (just my opinion) that you are saying I should cite a credible source or "proof" of his short comings ... play semantics all you want ... but we all know what you are ... and I am not the first to point that out on here. I don't know why I keep trying to have civil conversation with you???
Old 01-15-18, 11:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Bortles was the 3rd overall pick in 2014 Late bloomer.....
Great, problem solved. We will just roll with Kizer until he blooms.
Old 01-15-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

Wait a minute. The Vikings just won a playoff game, against a future HOF QB no less, with a career journeyman QB...in fact he wasn't even drafted. How could this be? According to my fellow Browns fans QB is the only position which matters. The rest of the roster is irrelevant.
Old 01-15-18, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wait a minute. The Vikings just won a playoff game, against a future HOF QB no less, with a career journeyman QB...in fact he wasn't even drafted. How could this be? According to my fellow Browns fans QB is the only position which matters. The rest of the roster is irrelevant.
Of course you need a solid overall roster, but having a top QB makes life much easier and typically keeps a team relevant year after year.
Old 01-15-18, 12:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You are right ... I have a comprehension problem ... I can't comprehend any darn thing you say ... but I bet I am not the only one ... but that sure does look like to me (just my opinion) that you are saying I should cite a credible source or "proof" of his short comings ... play semantics all you want ... but we all know what you are ... and I am not the first to point that out on here. I don't know why I keep trying to have civil conversation with you???
Asking for a credible source is the same as asking for proof. Weirdo is a moron who likes to play word games with synonymous statements. What a sniveling jackoff.
Old 01-15-18, 12:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Flat out luck the Saints safety had a mental brain cramp comes to mind.
Old 01-15-18, 12:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You made definitive statements like, "Rosen doesn't love football enough to succeed in the NFL", or "Rosen is going to be another Cutler" - so the Browns should not draft him. Such things can never be proven before hand, obviously. Yes, it's obviously an opinion. By the same token, if a person forms such an opinion without reading a few compelling articles or interviews with some people that have actually spent some time with the subject, that person is a moron. Like a silly old woman gossiping. I stopped way short of calling you a fool - I merely suggested that if you wanted anyone with a brain to join you in your opinion, you're just a blowhard if you can't demonstrate at least a littl bit of how your opinion was formed.

You're 0 for 4, blowhard. Care to give it another try ? Or are you the Yappi equivalent of some old biddy at the "beauty parlor"?
Old 01-16-18, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

I bet Joe didn’t homeschool his kids.
Old 01-16-18, 08:05 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
2-14 in 2018. The owner is a crook and wannabe coach, the players get drunk and high before games, and college players are postponing the draft if they think Cleveland will take them. The locker room actively hates the front office. The front office is on tape saying they hate the city of Cleveland, the fans, and the team. The writing was on the wall when Haslam benched their QB at 7-4 for a drug addict that did a Snickers commercial.

Total toxic environment from top to bottom. Won't change until Jimmy and Dee are gone. No use in saying "take this QB or that lineman" because the guy a couple pages ago that said it's nothing but a farm for other teams to scout talent is right!
Old 01-16-18, 09:11 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
"...and college players are postponing the draft if they think Cleveland will take them."

Can you give an example of one?
Old 01-16-18, 09:16 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Couple of interesting quotes from Peter King's MMQB this week-

"We saw Tom Brady joined in the NFL’s Final Four by Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles. Don’t overrate this and think it means the decline in importance of the Franchise Quarterback. It doesn’t. Just think of championship weekend as an outlier."

“Of all my Elite 11 prospects, I probably was hardest on him. We didn’t get along well. He did not like me at all. I was hard on him because I saw greatness in him and I wanted to bring it out. At 17, he was a little uncoachable and a little entitled. … We had him as a counselor last year. I could not have been more impressed. He’s done a 180. He’s a different type of kid than people remember him being. He’s growing up and he wants to be great. He’s intellectual. He has conviction … I was with him for four days this summer. I said, ‘I think you have what it takes to be special. Don’t let people coach it out of you.’ Half the GMs won’t like him. They will feel threatened by him … Thirty-two out of 32 people will say Sam Darnold has all the right stuff. He just kind of makes everyone feel good. Josh is gonna piss off half the people. But the people that get it, the people that really like him, the people that understand what it means to be the best at the highest level, will get that he has that stuff.”— Trent Dilfer, the head coach of Elite 11, the high-school quarterback showcase and competition, founded in 1999, on “The Rich Eisen Show,’’ talking about first-round quarterback prospect Josh Rosen of UCLA.
Old 01-16-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
2-14 in 2018. The owner is a crook and wannabe coach, the players get drunk and high before games, and college players are postponing the draft if they think Cleveland will take them. The locker room actively hates the front office. The front office is on tape saying they hate the city of Cleveland, the fans, and the team. The writing was on the wall when Haslam benched their QB at 7-4 for a drug addict that did a Snickers commercial.

Total toxic environment from top to bottom. Won't change until Jimmy and Dee are gone. No use in saying "take this QB or that lineman" because the guy a couple pages ago that said it's nothing but a farm for other teams to scout talent is right!
Care to demonstrate to joe how to support a set of assertions ? Some of that bleak picture would seem to me to be past tense....
Old 01-16-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I bet Joe didn’t homeschool his kids.
Given his apparent cognitive struggles, I'd hope he be aware enough not to attempt it....
Old 01-16-18, 09:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Couple of interesting quotes from Peter King's MMQB this week-

"We saw Tom Brady joined in the NFLs Final Four by Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles. Dont overrate this and think it means the decline in importance of the Franchise Quarterback. It doesnt. Just think of championship weekend as an outlier."

Of all my Elite 11 prospects, I probably was hardest on him. We didnt get along well. He did not like me at all. I was hard on him because I saw greatness in him and I wanted to bring it out. At 17, he was a little uncoachable and a little entitled. We had him as a counselor last year. I could not have been more impressed. Hes done a 180. Hes a different type of kid than people remember him being. Hes growing up and he wants to be great. Hes intellectual. He has conviction I was with him for four days this summer. I said, I think you have what it takes to be special. Dont let people coach it out of you. Half the GMs wont like him. They will feel threatened by him Thirty-two out of 32 people will say Sam Darnold has all the right stuff. He just kind of makes everyone feel good. Josh is gonna piss off half the people. But the people that get it, the people that really like him, the people that understand what it means to be the best at the highest level, will get that he has that stuff. Trent Dilfer, the head coach of Elite 11, the high-school quarterback showcase and competition, founded in 1999, on The Rich Eisen Show, talking about first-round quarterback prospect Josh Rosen of UCLA.
Nice. "We had him as a counselor" might be the best snippet.

Still worried about the shoulder.
Old 01-16-18, 09:54 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Nice. "We had him as a counselor" might be the best snippet.

Still worried about the shoulder.
More worried about his noggin and the concussions.