Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-29-17, 07:12 PM
All World

Blue Rhino is on a distinguished road
Who did Broward replace on your schedule? Weren't you guys playing Highlands regularly for a while there?
Old 10-29-17, 07:32 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rhino View Post
Who did Broward replace on your schedule? Weren't you guys playing Highlands regularly for a while there?
It was Highlands from 2011-2014, then they played DePaul Catholic in '15 before the series with Broward. If I heard correctly, Elder wasn't too happy that DePaul brought in some high profile transfers after they signed the deal in '15, and that pretty much soured them on playing any of the NJ Catholic schools in the future.
Old 10-29-17, 07:34 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We were. The last time we played them in week 9 in 2014. Elder wanted to renew. Highlands did not. The varsity game Elder won 49-35. The next day at JV, Elder won 56-0. Highlands hasn't been good since.
Old 10-29-17, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Elder has full control over scheduling. They don't over any of the other circumstances.
That's not necessarily true. Not like they're getting to pick and choose their opponents, they get whatever's left or whoever is willing.

For instance, I heard Lakota West would only play Elder in the Showdown this year under the following circumstances:
-LW wears white
-LW gets the home side (press box/shade side)
-Game time 6pm on Friday
Old 10-29-17, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
As you should know, Highlands only comes over to play the GCLS or gives them a call when they're loaded. Wouldn't mind getting Cov Cath back on the schedule now that they're back.
Old 10-30-17, 05:51 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
That's not necessarily true. Not like they're getting to pick and choose their opponents, they get whatever's left or whoever is willing.

For instance, I heard Lakota West would only play Elder in the Showdown this year under the following circumstances:
-LW wears white
-LW gets the home side (press box/shade side)
-Game time 6pm on Friday
That would have been a very helpful win for Elder, in hindsight.
Old 10-30-17, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
That would have been a very helpful win for Elder, in hindsight.
They did win that game?
Old 10-30-17, 12:04 PM
All World

Blue Rhino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As you should know, Highlands only comes over to play the GCLS or gives them a call when they're loaded. Wouldn't mind getting Cov Cath back on the schedule now that they're back.
Should know? I don't follow them that closely...we scrimmage them and that's about it. I will say after watching the end of your LS game that the refs became part of that game and win or lose that is a problem.
Old 10-30-17, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
I really wish Elder would have made the playoffs. Elder is a very good team. Much better than Moeller. But you guys complaining about the refs in the Lasalle game? As many teams that get hosed (including WW) at the Pit? Lol. Wow! Just let it go!
Old 10-30-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
I really wish Elder would have made the playoffs. Elder is a very good team. Much better than Moeller. But you guys complaining about the refs in the Lasalle game? As many teams that get hosed (including WW) at the Pit? Lol. Wow! Just let it go!
I agree, the ref shtick is old. They were bad all night for both teams. Flat out, it was a crappy game in every respect from on the field execution, officiating, to fan conduct.
Old 10-30-17, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Should know? I don't follow them that closely...we scrimmage them and that's about it. I will say after watching the end of your LS game that the refs became part of that game and win or lose that is a problem.
How many times has Highlands played X in the regular season? Did Highlands win those games and were they at least close? That's all I meant. They're notorious for scheduling up when they're good and ducking teams when they're bad.

I agree with the 2nd part of your comment.
Old 10-30-17, 01:23 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
Highlands hasn't been good since.
Saw them play CovCath this year and they were terrible. That program has a long climb back up to what it was.
Old 10-30-17, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Wouldn't mind getting Cov Cath back on the schedule now that they're back.
I think each of the GCLS schools could schedule CovCath (much like Winton Woods lately) if the sides can match up on dates. Eviston and his program are playing all comers these days. It would be a huge help to GCL teams and to CovCath because out of disytrict losses don't hurt them.
Old 10-30-17, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Pot meet kettle. You're complaining about the very thing you're pointing out. WW doesn't get hosed when they come to the Pit, they commit a number of penalties in all their games. I don't know who's worse on here, the WW fans like this guy and DMR or the LaSalle posters who chirp like crazy when they win a game. For whatever reason it seems LaSalle's Super Bowl in recent years has become Elder. I don't understand it, maybe it's the drop to D2 that's made them a little insecure, but every time they beat Elder they're the most obnoxious group of posters on here.
Old 10-30-17, 01:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
but every time they beat Elder they're the most obnoxious group of posters on here.
Out of curiosity, who from LS is posting about the Elder win? There are very few LS posters on Yappi anymore. The LS forum has been dead nearly a year now.
Old 10-30-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I think each of the GCLS schools could schedule CovCath (much like Winton Woods lately) if the sides can match up on dates. Eviston and his program are playing all comers these days. It would be a huge help to GCL teams and to CovCath because out of disytrict losses don't hurt them.
Can't see Cov Cath getting all of the GCLS but 1-2 a year would be beneficial to them IMO.
Old 10-30-17, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Can't see Cov Cath getting all of the GCLS but 1-2 a year would be beneficial to them IMO.
I wonder if CovCath is possible for Elder Week 2 next year. That'd be a good one.
Old 10-30-17, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Pot meet kettle. You're complaining about the very thing you're pointing out. WW doesn't get hosed when they come to the Pit, they commit a number of penalties in all their games. I don't know who's worse on here, the WW fans like this guy and DMR or the LaSalle posters who chirp like crazy when they win a game. For whatever reason it seems LaSalle's Super Bowl in recent years has become Elder. I don't understand it, maybe it's the drop to D2 that's made them a little insecure, but every time they beat Elder they're the most obnoxious group of posters on here.
You seem a bit angry? I was able to view the Elder/WW seried on film and many of the calls were bogus! It doesnt matter because WW still finds a way to battle and compete and even win a few games. Good luck to you and your team. It's a shame you guys are sitting at home. You guys will do great in wrestling and baseball.

Please don't talk about obnoxious fans. Talking about Pot meet kettle!!! lmao.
Old 10-30-17, 03:16 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They did win that game?
Misread your post. Read it quick and thought you had said East.
Old 10-31-17, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Out of curiosity, who from LS is posting about the Elder win? There are very few LS posters on Yappi anymore. The LS forum has been dead nearly a year now.
Well for starters there's Extra Point and gobluetom, though they've been more reserved than usual this year and then there were a few others on the LS-E thread, a few on Pope's thread, Peterson is posting over here, and gbt actually just posted on the Elder-WW thread from nearly a month ago. Wasn't including you in there, nor Lancermania.
Old 10-31-17, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You seem a bit angry? I was able to view the Elder/WW seried on film and many of the calls were bogus! It doesnt matter because WW still finds a way to battle and compete and even win a few games. Good luck to you and your team. It's a shame you guys are sitting at home. You guys will do great in wrestling and baseball.
Not angry at all, just stating facts. How many penalties does WW get called for on average per game? Has to be at least 5, probably closer to 8 though. Surprisingly they were relatively clean against Elder this year.

Quote:
Please don't talk about obnoxious fans. Talking about Pot meet kettle!!! lmao.
Couldn't be as bad as you, DMR and the groupies from LS.
Old 10-31-17, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well for starters there's Extra Point and gobluetom, though they've been more reserved than usual this year and then there were a few others on the LS-E thread, a few on Pope's thread, Peterson is posting over here, and gbt actually just posted on the Elder-WW thread from nearly a month ago. Wasn't including you in there, nor Lancermania.
Yeah, I haven't seen much from Extra Point (I think maybe his kid has moved on) or GBT. I'd mention Peterson is a former employee rather than a fan, but he'd get all pissie again about it.
Old 10-31-17, 09:35 AM
Freshman

Mercurymorris22 is on a distinguished road
Playoffs

Here is thought! Do 1 of 2 things...

Start season one week earlier and add an extra playoff game (include top 16) or...
Only play 9 regular season games and add an extra playoff game (include top 16)

Only 3 teams would miss playoffs

17 2-8 837 West Chester Lakota West
18 1-9 1026 Middletown
19 0-10 1188 Cincinnati Oak Hills 0

First two rounds the "Higher Seed" gets home game.

This alleviates the issue around teams that have much tougher schedules as well as possible early injuries that keep teams out.
Old 10-31-17, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Nice thought but will never happen. I liked the idea of 12 teams back when there were 6 divisions and about 28-30 teams per region, but in D1 with only 18 teams, 12 is 2/3 of the region.

Ohio's big problem is the number of divisions it has. Really should be no more than 5, probably could get away with 4.

D1 - 600+
D2 - 400-600
D3 - 200-400
D4 - 0-200
Old 10-31-17, 10:39 AM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nice thought but will never happen. I liked the idea of 12 teams back when there were 6 divisions and about 28-30 teams per region, but in D1 with only 18 teams, 12 is 2/3 of the region.

Ohio's big problem is the number of divisions it has. Really should be no more than 5, probably could get away with 4.

D1 - 600+
D2 - 400-600
D3 - 200-400
D4 - 0-200
Not enough kids get trophies then...........I think we should expand to 12 divisions
Old 10-31-17, 01:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not angry at all, just stating facts. How many penalties does WW get called for on average per game? Has to be at least 5, probably closer to 8 though. Surprisingly they were relatively clean against Elder this year.

Couldn't be as bad as you, DMR and the groupies from LS.
Many of those penalties are judgement calls like holding. But it's been a pretty good year as far as penalties go for WW this year. One of the times it got out of hand was at Chatard. It was like 10 penalties to 2. It was ridiculous. Refs helped Custard get a late 1st half score by calling 3 bogus pass interference calls in a roll. Still pulled it out.