Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-22-17, 07:56 AM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 10 - Elder (6-3) at LaSalle (7-2)

An Elder win clinches a playoff berth and maybe moves Elder up to fifth. Adselder09 said in another thread that if the Panthers lose, they would need both West Clermont (6-3, visit 8-1 Milford) and Lakota East (6-3, host 7-2 Mason) to lose to get in.
This year's Lancers aren't as good as last year's team, having lost at home to Winton Woods (18-15) and down North Bend at X (42-7). The Lancers have clinched a home game, while the Panthers will continue in playoff mode.
POTP fearless prediction #1: Bittner will be the starter.
POTP fearless prediction #2: The Panthers' desperation will trump any desire of the Lancers to possibly end Elder's season. Look for the Panthers to find a way to win this one.
Old 10-22-17, 11:18 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
An Elder win clinches a playoff berth and maybe moves Elder up to fifth. Adselder09 said in another thread that if the Panthers lose, they would need both West Clermont (6-3, visit 8-1 Milford) and Lakota East (6-3, host 7-2 Mason) to lose to get in.
This year's Lancers aren't as good as last year's team, having lost at home to Winton Woods (18-15) and down North Bend at X (42-7). The Lancers have clinched a home game, while the Panthers will continue in playoff mode.
POTP fearless prediction #1: Bittner will be the starter.
POTP fearless prediction #2: The Panthers' desperation will trump any desire of the Lancers to possibly end Elder's season. Look for the Panthers to find a way to win this one.
A lot will depend on the weather. If it's decent, Elder should be able to move throw the ball effectively vs a sub par LS Secondary. However, if it's raining and the ball is slick, that's a big advantage for LS, who has 3 excellent run stoppers at LB.
Old 10-22-17, 02:09 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I predicted 6-4 the whole year, so I guess I have to stick with that, but I do agree with pboy that Elder's momentum can carry them into the playoffs. They're playing very well. I think the Panthers prove me wrong this Friday and finish 7-3.
Old 10-22-17, 06:04 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
LaSalle has really good LB's but I have heard the D as a whole is small? How will Elder match up with LaSalle TE?
Old 10-22-17, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
LaSalle has really good LB's but I have heard the D as a whole is small? How will Elder match up with LaSalle TE?
I think they might have to put a Corner on him. I'm not sure, but I think Ingle might be out. He's not in LS's stat line the past two games.
Old 10-22-17, 07:41 PM
Varsity

?????? is on a distinguished road
I think they win by 2 tds... Really hope they can get this win, they deserve it. Could be one of the toughest schedules in the state if not country. And they are competing at such a high level doing it the Elder Way with home grown kids which makes it so much better!!!
Old 10-22-17, 08:08 PM
All American

ElderHSfan02
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I think they might have to put a Corner on him. I'm not sure, but I think Ingle might be out. He's not in LS's stat line the past two games.
Will Austing has the best chance to match him. Will is strong and athletic enough.
Old 10-22-17, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
And they are competing at such a high level doing it the Elder Way with home grown kids which makes it so much better!!!
Old 10-22-17, 08:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
Will Austing has the best chance to match him. Will is strong and athletic enough.
That's a good bet.
Old 10-22-17, 08:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And they are competing at such a high level doing it the Elder Way with home grown kids which makes it so much better!!!
Disagree. Winning is good no matter what.
Old 10-22-17, 09:55 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
That's cool. Hope they try some different things and people throughout the game. Mix it up for them some!
Old 10-23-17, 07:04 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think they win by 2 tds... Really hope they can get this win, they deserve it. Could be one of the toughest schedules in the state if not country. And they are competing at such a high level doing it the Elder Way with home grown kids which makes it so much better!!!
I'm with PBoy on this one and think it's wrong to even say that's the "Elder Way" b/c it's just not true.

Worrying about the grade school or where the kid is from does not matter once he enters in 9th grade.

I don't care if it's 22 kids from CPS or 22 kids all from Jude. They are all Panthers.
Old 10-23-17, 07:06 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
That's cool. Hope they try some different things and people throughout the game. Mix it up for them some!
Agree. austing has size and speed but they need to change up the looks and most importantly get pressure. Can't leave the QB with time and expect anyone to shut down a D1 stud play after play.
Old 10-23-17, 07:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I'm with PBoy on this one and think it's wrong to even say that's the "Elder Way" b/c it's just not true.

Worrying about the grade school or where the kid is from does not matter once he enters in 9th grade.

I don't care if it's 22 kids from CPS or 22 kids all from Jude. They are all Panthers.
Especially since 2-3 key players wouldn't be considered "Elder kids" based on their grade school.
Old 10-23-17, 07:26 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
When he's split out I think you'll see Kearns on him. They like to go trips to one side and isolate Whyle on the backside, best bet in that situation is Kearns IMO. Maybe play a little two man when he's inside with Marsh playing him underneath and O'Brien over top, but when he's tight he usually blocks. Not a lot of imagination with this LS offense.
Old 10-23-17, 07:45 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Tickets to the game will be on sale at Elder in the Fieldhouse Ticket Office:

Tuesday, 10/24: 5:30PM to 7:30PM
Wednesday, 10/25: 10:45AM to 12:45PM
Thursday, 10/26: 10:45AM to 12:45PM
Friday, 10/27: 11:00AM to 1:00PM

Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for students.
Old 10-23-17, 09:59 AM
Varsity

?????? is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post

I see what you guys are saying but you might have misunderstood what I meant. I'm all for kids from any grade school, private or public. I just think High School sports are better when you play for the community you live in. Surely I want Elder to market the great School that it is and welcome any kids from anywhere because that the future based on the system.This team seems to be mostly local boys that are competing at the highest(except Ed's,they are just sick) level in the state. For me, just makes it a bit sweeter, that's all.
Old 10-23-17, 10:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I see what you guys are saying but you might have misunderstood what I meant. I'm all for kids from any grade school, private or public. I just think High School sports are better when you play for the community you live in. Surely I want Elder to market the great School that it is and welcome any kids from anywhere because that the future based on the system.This team seems to be mostly local boys that are competing at the highest(except Ed's,they are just sick) level in the state. For me, just makes it a bit sweeter, that's all.
Then you're priorities are wrong. Winning is the sweetest part. This team is hot right now, possibly playing as good as anyone not named St Eds.
Old 10-23-17, 10:46 PM
All Yappi

Again, they get don't get a lot of love, but the Elder OL has been very good this season. LS's DL is relatively undersized, especially at DE, so I'm guessing they'll be blitzing their LBs quite a bit to get some pressure. Hopefully, they can catch LS being too aggressive by running some Screens.
Old 10-24-17, 10:44 AM
All Region

ELDERfbfan is on a distinguished road
Defensively Elder needs to shut down #81 and get pressure in the backfield. Not sure how tall 81 is and if any of the Elder DB's can match his height but he could cause issues for the DBs.
Elder's o-line should get a good push up front for the ground attack, gotta watch the edges for the outside blitz. I think LaSalle is better at stopping the pass but shots downfield and/or over the middle will be available.
Hope the weather doesn't become an issue but should be a good game all around probably a tight game something like 28-21 in a toss up.
Old 10-24-17, 10:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDERfbfan View Post
Defensively Elder needs to shut down #81 and get pressure in the backfield. Not sure how tall 81 is and if any of the Elder DB's can match his height but he could cause issues for the DBs.
Elder's o-line should get a good push up front for the ground attack, gotta watch the edges for the outside blitz. I think LaSalle is better at stopping the pass but shots downfield and/or over the middle will be available.
Hope the weather doesn't become an issue but should be a good game all around probably a tight game something like 28-21 in a toss up.
Whyle is 6-7, no Elder DB can match that. That's why Austing matched up on him makes some sense. Austing's a tweener b/w LB and S. He's played well in cvg vs big Receivers. Whyle has good speed for his size, but nothing near the speed of Khayo or Prince from WW.

From what I've read on this site, the LS Secondary, outside of Hillenbrand, has struggled. Their strength is the LB core of Bledsoe, Uran, and Ingle. I think Ingle has been out the past few games, but Bledsoe and Uran are outstanding v the run.

I believe Elder is going to come out throwing the ball quite a bit. I think you'll see a lot of the same play calling as in the Moe the game.
Old 10-24-17, 11:24 AM
Freshman

hawangatang is on a distinguished road
E-56
L-20
Weather permitting
Old 10-24-17, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawangatang View Post
E-56
L-20
Weather permitting
Elder will not put up that many points.
Old 10-24-17, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Elder should probably start the game trying to throw the ball, everything I've heard about LaSalle's defense is that they're vulnerable in the secondary. The LBs do a great job of playing downhill and making tackles in the run game, so misdirection and play action will be key in opening things up.

Defensively the QB can run and his favorite target is the TE #81 as you mentioned. They like to split him out wide and run him like a WR. If he's wide, I would bet Kearns follows him. He's done well against other bigger WRs such as McCracken and Bates from Moeller. If Elder can stop the run and make LS one dimensional like WW was able to do, Elder can play field position and slowly wear down the Lancer defense.
Old 10-24-17, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

Don't expect LS to fold if they get down early. I know Elder is on a roll and LS appears to be slightly down, but this is their Sr Night. This is going to be a fight and anyone predicting a blowout, is wrong.
Old 10-26-17, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

As far as I can tell, the rain will hold off until overnight into Sat AM. If it's a clear night, Elder will be throwing early and often.
Old 10-26-17, 12:49 PM
Freshman

EHS_alumnus is on a distinguished road
Elder by double digits
Old 10-27-17, 07:56 AM
All Region

voiceoreaso is on a distinguished road
I'm seeing a 100% chance of rain from 7 to midnight. Not sure if that favors anyone. Maybe they should move the game to Saturday
Old 10-27-17, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Depends on how severe. If it's a downpour, that favors LS.
Old 10-27-17, 09:15 AM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
I see where the game will be televised live tonight at 7:00. For Spectrum/TWC customers it is on channel 99 (SPCSPRT) Spectrum Sports.