Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-29-17, 09:38 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quick thoughts...

Ed's is the best team in the state.

Proud of the effort from the Panthers, but a loss is a loss.

After the first drive, the Elder D was awesome (especially the run defense).

The X kid made an unbelievable catch on the first touchdown

Bittner's scrambling ability was the key to Elder moving the ball.

The play calling was questionable when Elder got inside the 20. Elder became very pass heavy. If they were going to pass, IMO they needed quick passes or strong crossing routes. Bittner's ball was hanging in the air too much and that does not work in the red-zone.

I expected more from X on offense. The QB has a great arm, but they are limited with few playmakers and an average offensive line.

If X is the top 3 team in the state, the state is down.

I still worry about teams with top-end speed. X is not one of them.

Last edited by PURPLE REIGN; 09-29-17 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-29-17, 09:47 PM
All World

Ehs 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I didn't call anyone clueless for not agreeing with me. Please show me. Never said it. You people just make sh*t up.

I made a prediction. It was wrong. There's a reason it's called a prediction. If we all could predict game scores, we'd all be billionaires.
After calling out your outlandish score prediction you said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Most people here have NO CLUE, and those with an actual clue are shunned.
But anyways, since apparently I have no clue, I look forward to your insight for next week.
Old 09-29-17, 09:49 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
That was in the context of overall posting and knowledge of what's actually going on...not prediction of game scores. It's nearly impossible to get a game score prediction right. C'mon man.

And I've already posted insight for next week...I think Elder wins in a close game. But it won't be easy.
Old 09-29-17, 10:01 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehs 2005 View Post
After calling out your outlandish score prediction you said this:
But anyways, since apparently I have no clue, I look forward to your insight for next week.
I didn't think his actual prediction was outlandish.
Old 09-29-17, 10:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Quick thoughts...

Ed's is definitely the best team in the state.

Proud of the effort from the Panthers, but a loss is a loss.

After the first drive, the Elder D was awesome (especially the run defense).

The X kid made an unbelievable catch on the first touchdown

Bittner's scrambling ability was the key to Elder moving the ball.

The play calling was questionable when Elder got inside the 20. Elder became very pass heavy. If they were going to pass, IMO they needed quick passes or strong crossing routes. Bittner's ball was hanging in the air too much and that does not work in the red-zone.

I expected more from X on offense. The QB has a great arm, but they are limited with few playmakers and an average offensive line.

If X is the top 3 team in the state, the state is down.

I still worry about teams with top-end speed. X is not one of them.
I'm more worried about Moe since their backup QB played pretty well. Khayo is going to be a tough matchup.
Old 09-29-17, 10:30 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Curious. Only time I have seen chase Wolf play. So I have a very limited sample size. He was not D 1 impressive to me. He had no ability to deal with pressure he did just enough to win and not many ch more. Like I said only saw this one game. Other thoughts
Old 09-29-17, 10:32 PM
All World

I will say x receivers dropped a number of catchable ball. I was surprised at that. Spect made a highlight catch. But others had multiple drops
Old 09-29-17, 11:09 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I would have also favored Moe over Elder with McBride. Moe's WRs, especially Khayo, will give Elder fits, but they need someone to get them the ball.
I was at the Moeller-La Salle game tonight. Mitch McKenzie lMHO looks better than McBride. McKenzie was 15 of 24 (63%) for 219 yards passing for an average of 9.1 and two TDs. He completed 3rd and longs numerous times with his passing ability. It's no secret La Salle has an good defense but McKenzie had his way with it tonight.

Last edited by Lancermania; 09-29-17 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-29-17, 11:16 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
I was at the Moeller-La Salle game tonight. Mitch McKenzie lMHO looks better than McBride. McKenzie was 15 of 24 (63%) for 219 yards passing for an average of 9.1 and two TDs. He completed 3rd and longs numerous times with his passing ability. It's no secret La Salle has good linebackers and McKenzie shredded them tonight.
LaSalle secondary is suspect except for Hillenbrand.
Old 09-30-17, 06:32 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
We just lost a close game on the road to the defending state champions and #19 ranked team in the nation. There is nothing to hang our heads about. Great game Panthers. I love the fight of this team. We will need to win 1 more vs. Moeller, Winton Woods, and Lasalle to make the playoffs. They can win all 3 to hopefully earn a better seed, easier first round game, and a home playoff game. Cheer up Panthers!
Old 09-30-17, 07:10 AM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Anyone else think Trey may be a pboy alter?
Old 09-30-17, 07:37 AM
Varsity

IKS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
Anyone else think Trey may be a pboy alter?
I've been thinking for some time that Pboy has a split personality and trey is one of them. If you read their posts with this thought in mind, it becomes something like a psychology experiment. their arguments with each other become much more tolerable this way. I can almost picture him jumping from one side of the table to the other to make the other side of the argument....

The upside of this is that some of Pboy's statements recently have seemed better when compared to trey's....
Old 09-30-17, 07:43 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
I was at the Moeller-La Salle game tonight. Mitch McKenzie lMHO looks better than McBride. McKenzie was 15 of 24 (63%) for 219 yards passing for an average of 9.1 and two TDs. He completed 3rd and longs numerous times with his passing ability. It's no secret La Salle has an good defense but McKenzie had his way with it tonight.
Thought McBride was out with an injury
Old 09-30-17, 07:51 AM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
We just lost a close game on the road to the defending state champions and #19 ranked team in the nation. There is nothing to hang our heads about. Great game Panthers. I love the fight of this team. We will need to win 1 more vs. Moeller, Winton Woods, and Lasalle to make the playoffs. They can win all 3 to hopefully earn a better seed, easier first round game, and a home playoff game. Cheer up Panthers!
I'm no Harbin guru, but the Panthers can make the playoffs at 5-5 with minimal second level points? I sure hope you're right.
Old 09-30-17, 08:02 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Thought McBride was out with an injury
He is "out for football season" per coaches comments I believe in last Saturday's paper.
Old 09-30-17, 08:21 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
I'm no Harbin guru, but the Panthers can make the playoffs at 5-5 with minimal second level points? I sure hope you're right.
I agree it would not be a lock. St. X got a #5 seed last year at 5-5. Lakota West and Oak Hills are killing us right now. Both should get wins vs. Middletown in the coming weeks. It would be nice if Broward pulls out a win against Village Academy.

Of the 3 big games left, a win over WW or LS would be huge harbin points and a lock for playoffs.
Old 09-30-17, 09:33 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
The region is very weak though, plus of the 9 teams ahead of Elder 5 of them are GMC teams that have cross-matchups, one is Moeller and two are ECC teams that still play each other and Anderson (6-0).
Old 09-30-17, 09:35 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02
I think Niemann will be back for Moeller. One thing we learned from last night though is Bittner can throw the ball. He is not limited when he comes in to just run. I hope in the future when he comes in he does more than just run designed run plays so the defense can't just stack the box.
Old 09-30-17, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

Agreed. Which makes you scratch your head for the past year and wonder why Ramsey never allowed him more freedom?

Also, I dont want to give away too much on here but not sure Niemann will be back for Moe.
Old 09-30-17, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Elder JV won handily. It was something like 31-15 late it the 4th
Old 09-30-17, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Elder JV won handily. It was something like 31-15 late it the 4th
And that's with the Hudepohl kid at QB for X.
Old 09-30-17, 12:20 PM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKS View Post
I've been thinking for some time that Pboy has a split personality and trey is one of them. If you read their posts with this thought in mind, it becomes something like a psychology experiment. their arguments with each other become much more tolerable this way. I can almost picture him jumping from one side of the table to the other to make the other side of the argument....

The upside of this is that some of Pboy's statements recently have seemed better when compared to trey's....
Yup, I would agree. Many have PM'd me with the same thoughts about Pboy and his alter egos. The new one Xlanders80's sounds very PBoyish.

Kind of sad and scary at the same time.
Old 09-30-17, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSfootball View Post
Yup, I would agree. Many have PM'd me with the same thoughts about Pboy and his alter egos. The new one Xlanders80's sounds very PBoyish.

Kind of sad and scary at the same time.
No, I'm neither of those people. Apparently playing with "passion and grit" negates the fact Elder statistically outplayed X.
Old 09-30-17, 10:15 PM
All American

D played better then I ever thought they would. L still an L, rest of stats are meaningless if winning all that matters!
Old 10-01-17, 02:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
D played better then I ever thought they would. L still an L, rest of stats are meaningless if winning all that matters!
Winning is what matters, but we can't ignore Elder outplayed X, by a good amount. If the shoe were on the other foot and Elder was the heavy favorite who barely snuck out a win, you, Trey, Purple Reign would crush them.

Nobody on here is parading around like Elder won, but they did show they're capable of beating X. Anyone who thinks Elder hung around with "grit", didn't watch the game. Elder moved the ball through the air and on the ground with Bittner's running ability. Elder nearly pulling this off wasn't a fluke, they're a good team.
Old 10-02-17, 11:58 AM
All American

I posted before they played well! Winning is all that matters apparently to you and some others. Out playing X they did, win they did not! L is an L no matter how you want to slice it or sugarcoat it. I watched the game film and read the stats, Elder won everything but the game itself! Stats are meaningless, if "winning is what matters"! Elder is a good team just not one of the states top teams! I don't like it,but it is what it is!
Old 10-02-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
I posted before they played well! Winning is all that matters apparently to you and some others. Out playing X they did, win they did not! L is an L no matter how you want to slice it or sugarcoat it. I watched the game film and read the stats, Elder won everything but the game itself! Stats are meaningless, if "winning is what matters"! Elder is a good team just not one of the states top teams! I don't like it,but it is what it is!
I'm not sure what you're arguing. Nobody is claiming this as some kind of victory. However, you'd have to be pretty obtuse to not see it indicates Elder is a pretty good team. None of it matters if they don't make the playoffs, but I'd bet the farm X is hoping they don't get Elder as a possible 8 Seed.